Smart chick n great story

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 8:47am

More Sisyphean than anything Sisyphus did, but I'm glad someone's trying:

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 9:19am

I saw a good interview with him on NHK last night. He was up front about the problems and even more up front about the lack of action by those with greater skills and knowledge than he had when he started. Pretty inspiring in terms of the thing that really makes a difference is 100% commitment.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 9:49am

Love that kid, a doer not just a talker…all the best to him. I’d buy those sunnies for sure. Also , pelletised plastics can be added to bitumen for roads that don’t get potholes due to the long chain polymers in the plastics. Something every council should be doing on a local level as the pellet machine is cheap and the plastics plentiful every garbage day. Perhaps write to your local council and send them the video by the Scottish company turning plastic into roads on you tube.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:00am
Optimist wrote:

Love that kid, a doer not just a talker…all the best to him. I’d buy those sunnies for sure. Also , pelletised plastics can be added to bitumen for roads that don’t get potholes due to the long chain polymers in the plastics. Something every council should be doing on a local level as the pellet machine is cheap and the plastics plentiful every garbage day. Perhaps write to your local council and send them the video by the Scottish company turning plastic into roads on you tube.

Not sure plastics should be used in roads. They will degrade over time. Where does the plastic go? Check out the video below.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
Johknee wrote:

Not sure plastics should be used in roads.

Completely agree. It's not a solution just a temporary stay from the same problem.

I see the local council apply recycled plastics for outdoor use, such as ground cover between hard pathways and trees, the rationale being the plastic bends as tree roots grow. It breaks down from outdoor exposure and washes into nearby gutters and straight to the ocean.

Like planting trees under powerlines: looks good now, but gonna be a problem later.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:51pm

Agreed that microplastic escaping from road tar is a possible future problem, but the Scottish guy pioneering the idea seems to think at the right levels it’s well and truly bonded and stuck in the bitumen which is also a petro chemical substance.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 5:06pm
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 5:28pm

A bit unfair Craig imo .

I read one commentator say that Scomo's pamphlet was the only takeaway he could find from the Scotland love fest .

At least Greta provided some entertainment there . I really like her !!!!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 5:37pm

Unfair, far out Hutchy, this is going in soft ha.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 7:30pm
Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 9:33pm

Speaking of tools, I found this interesting and (hopefully, find out tomorrow when I try it) helpful.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 9:44pm

Kidding Patrick. Wouldn't believe it but in my whole life I would have never found that clip remotely relevant.. but today the cafe down stairs had wood stuck in the tool bit and couldn't get it out. Haha now I know the answer!

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm

Cool
It'll save me hours I reckon... the bane of hole saws is getting that f'n plug out.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 9:55am

1-CB9941-E-7874-4323-8-E0-D-6-F6487-D9-BE1-B

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 10:39am

I have the text of the apology to Barilaro.

" I apologise for calling you a bastard, it is true, and I am very sorry about it."

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 11:43am

Haha
I thought it would have been more succinct
“Sorry cunt”

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 12:24pm

C-Bomb Defuser Squad

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:11pm

I have no doubt if Hilary Clinton got into power there would be wars.
She is one evil bitch.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 5 Nov 2021 at 5:44pm
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 14 Nov 2021 at 11:04pm

that was beautiful how they swim in formation, looks like space travel. If that's fighting, it's a nice way of doing it.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 18 Nov 2021 at 7:26am

Sydney to L.A -.Is this the Best Boxup Ever

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Thursday, 18 Nov 2021 at 9:35am

Dedication

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm

Old Billy boy is very generous when it comes to buying a few rounds for the media , geez the guardian does alright out of him . https://www.mintpressnews.com/documents-show-bill-gates-has-given-319-mi...

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 6:55pm
Supafreak wrote:

Old Billy boy is very generous when it comes to buying a few rounds for the media , geez the guardian does alright out of him . https://www.mintpressnews.com/documents-show-bill-gates-has-given-319-mi...

So let me get this straight. You're saying:

1. A few months before covid, Bill Gates invests at least $55m, more like $100m, in BioNTech, the manufacturer of the Pfizer vaccine.

2. Bill Gates has "donated" $318m to the media.

3. covid happens and there is a massive, blanket media blitz of its threat and seriousness.

4. There is mass censorship on all forms of media of people speaking out against covid and its threat and severity, and much of this censorship is implemented by AI "fact checking" algorithms developed by Bill Gates.

5. The overwhelming majority of the vaccinated human population outside of China is vaccinated by the vaccine Bill Gates invested in.

6. We are being coerced to get vaccinated by Bill Gates' vaccine by governments, mostly by being locked out of society if we don't get vaccinated.

Genuine question: Maybe I'm very stupid, naive and narrow minded, but how can this be interpreted in any other way than we are living in the greatest conspiracy of all time and we've had the wool pulled over our eyes on an absolutely monumental, unprecedented scale?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:08pm

I’m curious to how many other multi billionaires donate hundreds of millions of dollars to the media . Buying advertising is one thing donations like this is …….

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:12pm
Supafreak wrote:

I’m curious to how many other multi billionaires donate hundreds of millions of dollars to the media . Buying advertising is one thing donations like this is …….

Hundreds of millions? Chicken feed for a billionaire.

Ask Rupert.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 7:22pm
stunet wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Hundreds of millions? Chicken feed for a billionaire.

Ask Rupert.

Yes agreed stu , it’s chicken feed, there’s usually a motive for doing things, why the need to donate to the media ?

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:11pm

Betcha Vic won't be silent about this latest report from the ABC -

"The latest high-profile casualty is one of the country's biggest sport stars, tennis player Peng Shuai.

Ms Peng went missing earlier this month after claiming on social media that a former member of China's Politburo Standing Committee, Zhang Gaoli, coerced her into sex and that they later had an on-off consensual relationship.

But an email published this week by China's global TV network, CGTN, said to have been sent by Ms Peng to Women's Tennis Association (WTA) chairman Steve Simon, said the 35-year-old was "not missing, nor am I unsafe".

"I've just been resting at home and everything is fine," the email stated.

The email said the allegation of sexual assault was "not true".

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 8:29pm

"So let me get this straight. You're saying:

1. A few months before covid, Bill Gates invests at least $55m, more like $100m, in BioNTech, the manufacturer of the Pfizer vaccine.

3. covid happens and there is a massive, blanket media blitz of its threat and seriousness.

4. There is mass censorship on all forms of media of people speaking out against covid and its threat and severity, and much of this censorship is implemented by AI "fact checking" algorithms developed by Bill Gates.

5. The overwhelming majority of the vaccinated human population outside of China is vaccinated by the vaccine Bill Gates invested in.

6. We are being coerced to get vaccinated by Bill Gates' vaccine by governments, mostly by being locked out of society if we don't get vaccinated.

Genuine question: Maybe I'm very stupid, naive and narrow minded, but how can this be interpreted in any other way than we are living in the greatest conspiracy of all time and we've had the wool pulled over our eyes on an absolutely monumental, unprecedented scale?"

careful gsco, you've got yourself a reputation as a sensible and moderate commentator on here... you do not want to get yourself tarred with that all encompassing, wide sweeping, and now tedious in its use beyond belief 'conspiracy theorists' brush...

but yes... can't wait for the replies to your question...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 19 Nov 2021 at 10:02pm

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 12:19am

If the above were true it would mean that covid was engineered and deliberately released. But by who? Everyone wants to blame China, but I don't think that's likely.
China would be probably the ideal country to release it in, if the aim was to spread the virus worldwide. If China was behind it, they wouldn't release it in their own country for a number of reasons.
The most vulnerable people to the virus are the elderly, and those with pre-existing conditions. The same people are almost all cared for by the government (more so in some countries than others). By releasing a virus which has the potential to reduce the number of people relying on the gov for care, it's a win for that gov.
By releasing the virus in China it makes China look bad internationally. What western country doesn't want that.
Transfer of wealth, look at the $90 billion our gov handed to business. Add top of that how much they're paying for vaccines, then boosters etc.
Tightening control over civilian populations rights and movements.
It would seem that western governments (and their big business / corporate masters).would have much to gain from covid.

* This is not my belief, nor have I heard anyone else say this. There is a chance it could be plausible though...

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 12:18am

I've said it before, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. If it reduces the risk of me getting it and passing it on then I'll do my bit. Had my second shot 4 weeks ago

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 8:47am
gsco wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

So let me get this straight. You're saying:

Genuine question: Maybe I'm very stupid, naive and narrow minded, but how can this be interpreted in any other way than we are living in the greatest conspiracy of all time and we've had the wool pulled over our eyes on an absolutely monumental, unprecedented scale?

Each point is logical and follows on GSCO, but I think there is too much epistemological leakage in each point to be definitive.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:36am
Supafreak wrote:

I really haven't looked into this before, but here's a little more context:

"Since its inception and through 2016, the Gates Foundation has given $41.3 billion in grants globally. In 2016 alone, direct grantee support totaled $4.6 billion. In 2016, the Gates Foundation supported $24 million in media grants."

https://www.cima.ned.org/donor-profiles/bill-melinda-gates-foundation/

So in 2016, grants from the Gates Foundation to 'media' accounted for (if my maths is correct) half of one percent of all grant monies.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 10:06am

Considering Billy gives away a lot of his money , his overall wealth continues to increase. Is it just good investment or a strategic plan ? A friend of mine who Ive worked on various projects in the past set up a non profit charity that builds schools and wells for clean drinking water in Tanzania . A big effort to try and raise 3 million and it’s still running today . I’ve always been weary of donating to charities as most money doesn’t end up where you think . This was an annual event until covid put a hold on it No grants from Billy though , maybe because Adrian is an antivaxer .https://www.wingsofkilimanjaro.com/. Video is worth watching

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 1:55pm

Haven't heard that name for a while Udo

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 2:37pm

Yup long time. Was pretty funny, thanks Udo.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 4:41pm

Does anyone have a copy of this ? im looking for a Pic that may be in there of a natural footer doing a cutty riding a rounded off or squared off nosed board ..
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tweed-heads/surfing/rare-surfing-world-m...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 5:52pm

Just took a squiz at my copy. All pointy noses.

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 7:47pm

I cut the nose off a board a few years back (7.0 down to 6.4) and the thing now turns on a dime, but no pics only memories to back it up.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 20 Nov 2021 at 9:29pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 9:47am

THE ILLUSION OF EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE: DISTORTED SCIENCE IN THE AGE OF BIG PHARMA https://odysee.com/@Outersite.org:7/TheIllusionOfEvidenceBasedMedicine:a

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 10:16am

If it is all a fraud how do you explain the incredible advances in cancer treatment and the effectiveness of the covid vaccines? There are concerns that some results are hard to replicate and in all probability some of the drugs may be no better (and possibly worse) than placebo but the big picture is pretty damn good. There are a lot of people out there today who would not be here without evidence based medicine. If it is an illusion it is a bloody good one.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 10:39am

Agreed BB... I haven't read the book or watched the vid I think the author makes legitimate observations and offers practical solutions.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01911-7

Has there ever been a more important time for the pharmaceutical industry to be going above and beyond to improve their standards and reputation?
The rapid polarisation in society occurring right now is heavy. The drug companies need to act on such claims and be seen to be doing it. One way of doing that is by taking on the authors suggestion e.g.
" The only way to ensure that, they conclude, is to have trials conducted in a public-health system or by an independent institution funded by a tax on the industry. This would work only with government support, which has been lacking."
and
"Companies hand over raw trial data only if forced, usually in the course of litigation (which they budget for)."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01911-7

"Second, the remarkable speed of research and innovation achieved during COVID-19 vaccine development is mainly due to intensive government funding support and concerted collaborations across multiple sectors. It’s uncertain whether these special measures herald the arrival of a new model in which governments have better regulation over Big Pharma issues like patent control, advertising, clinical data transparency and spending on lobbying."

https://theconversation.com/big-pharmas-covid-19-reputation-boost-may-no...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 22 Nov 2021 at 11:15am

bonza, we know that some trials are manipulated by drug companies and that they can very easily get away with it because of the low level of supervision by government authorities (FDA in the US). Not sure moving the whole system over to the government is the best solution. As consumers I think all we can do is minimise our use of medications as I think over prescription is a much larger problem and it is often not the fault of the doctor but caused by the expectations of patients who believe that there is a presciption (or multiple prescriptions) for every ailment.