Big wave comp in south Australia its time )))

luv-the-mid's picture
luv-the-mid started the topic in Tuesday, 30 Aug 2016 at 12:00pm

Don't you think its time folks we see the big wave comp in south Australia on the west coast of SA I would enjoy watching 25 guys take it on Take would be very Cool )))))

JJD's picture
JJD's picture
JJD Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019 at 9:27pm

what

Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm

My old mate Allan Lockwood and I discussed this years ago before the advent of a big wave contest on the west coast and thought the best place for viewing such a show on the biggest day of the year would be one of the most intimidating waves I have experienced for a number of reasons. The access, deep sharky water, a shifty take off makes Spooks a challenge worthy of a big wave surf event. Also I don't think anyone would be out there on those huge swell days that are fairly consistent during the winter.

Gary G's picture
Gary G's picture
Gary G Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm

Gary thinks this idea sounds amasing.

In a nutshell...

Gary G's picture
Gary G's picture
Gary G Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 10:30pm

Gary's been telling you all for some time that thanks to his manly hands he's got quite a big wave; every time he whips it out at the crowd from his motorcade he can hear the gasps of excitement.

If y'all want Gary to make some big waves over on the west coast let's do a showcase: you supply the Jetski (or as Gary calls it, the Steel Pony) and Gary will bring his best cowboy outfit and coconut oil.

Gary G's picture
Gary G's picture
Gary G Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 10:32am

Assuming this idea goes ahead, because to be honest Gary can't see why there would be any resistance, Gary can also see some great cross promotional opportunities.

For example, Gary would bring his mobile tanning salon to do sprays for the competitors and other VIPs: After 20 mins in the tent with Gary, no one leaves a Streaky Bae.

Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 11:17am

I’ve always thought that the mid coast would be a great spot for an over 45s bodyboard comp. Surely you’d be all over that like a rash, Gary G?

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 11:39am

Speaking of rashes, how's yours Gary G!

Gary G's picture
Gary G's picture
Gary G Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 6:43pm

Both topical comments, fellow comment-lords.

Topical because Gary does indeed enjoy a drag. Topical because Gary does his best work at life-begins-at-forty-something events at suburban nightclubs. And Topical like the ointment that Gary now has to apply daily after having a drag at his last life-begins-at-forty-something engagement.

When’s this comp, Clivus? Gary’s been kicking around Maslins long enough to be granted honorary local status but he hasn’t heard anything on the coconut-oil-wireless; as the rumour mill is referred to in those parts.

Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga's picture
Cowabunga Saturday, 2 Feb 2019 at 10:35am

Very esoteric thread

Ash's picture
Ash's picture
Ash Saturday, 2 Feb 2019 at 6:28pm

Steel pony, coconut oil wireless, what's next? Lunch at the Blue Oyster?
Garry I cringe but I still laugh, good work.