I heart WOTD

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 at 8:07am

The wave of the day does it for me big time. Nice work Steen Barnes , Shaun Anderson and Swellnet.
In one photo you've encompassed everything nice about surfing. If I was a wanker I'd say that it was perfect except for the fact he is in a wetsuit. Which it is , it's perfect .....except for the fact he's in a wetsuit.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 8:33am

Phenomenal shot today. There’s a lot happening in that.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 8:49am

Far out, did he make it?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 9:34am

Even if he didn't he got the glory.

Really cool pic.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 9:47am

An esky lid?

Un-bloody-Australian.

Or on 2nd thoughts...

Perfect.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 11:02am

Didn't make it, Sprout, and there's a backstory that I'll put together later today (if I get the time).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021 at 11:04am

“.....if I get the time ( Tskes long sip of cold beverage).”

Agreed . Excellent shot.

Ash's picture
Ash's picture
Ash Thursday, 28 Jan 2021 at 12:15pm

Can't believe how far back Nathan Bartlett is on this monster, it's like watching a fire I can stare at it for ages wondering about all the possibilities and the ultimate ending.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 28 Jan 2021 at 1:02pm

Was thinking the same Ash. Totally smokin' and about to be smoked, or DAF*

*Deep as fck

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 28 Jan 2021 at 1:09pm

Reminds me of Chappy/Pipe.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 28 Jan 2021 at 3:13pm

Surely Lance is going over with that as well. To get that shot from that angle, crazy!

Solitude's picture
Solitude's picture
Solitude Saturday, 30 Jan 2021 at 6:39am

Romy,

It has to be said, the curve you have captured of that outside wave is mesmerising. I can’t stop looking at it.

Thanks for sharing

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Sunday, 31 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm

Ohhh nice one today. One of my favourite waves in that part of the world.

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone Monday, 1 Feb 2021 at 8:27am

Something different in mine, that’s for sure!

amb's picture
amb's picture
amb Wednesday, 3 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm

worst or laziest wax job ever on WOTD? great to see!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 4 Feb 2021 at 11:17pm

Today’s very nice

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 5 Feb 2021 at 3:43pm

Any surf photo taken with any flora in the foreground inconstantly makes the spot look way better.

Top stuff.

Gra Murdoch's picture
Gra Murdoch's picture
Gra Murdoch Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 8:01am

Love the tribute to Wayne Deane pic. Also a tribute to Marty Tullemans perhaps, (if memory serves?)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 8:12am
Gra Murdoch's picture
Gra Murdoch's picture
Gra Murdoch Saturday, 6 Feb 2021 at 8:32am

Ah yes... duh gra

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 8:11pm

Today's pic by Pete Jovic....absolutely beautiful composition of speed blur and light. That pic just makes me want to go surfing. Lovely!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:57am

What a beauty, apt description too

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 1:47pm

Tim has been throwing up some real gems love the light in todays shot.

The Fire's picture
The Fire's picture
The Fire Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 3:59pm

Now that is a photo..

Well done chris king!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 11:18am

Is the wave of the day 14/02/21 Josh Bystrom photoshopped ? Not the actual wave but the fact there aren’t 10 guys waiting to drop in and another 50 paddling out , it is a very beautiful looking photo and the colour looks great

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 12:56pm

Ha ha that was my first though, how on earth did he manage to get a shot with not one other surfer in it?

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 5:30pm

photo shop

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 5:32pm

It looks like Indo.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 5:38pm

Yep, I thought Rifles, but with trees.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 7:53pm

greenmount or kirra.......

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 14 Feb 2021 at 8:09pm

Spot x taken from the groyne I reckon

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 15 Feb 2021 at 10:09am

It's Kirra. Josh swims it and does laps.

desertbeetle's picture
desertbeetle's picture
desertbeetle Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 3:22pm

C'mon lads, thats 3 pics of this wave in the last few weeks..NO MORE!! locals are so off cunts crowding the place out and everyone has a fucking camera..its gunna stop now, last few good sessions 15out 3 cameras..about the same out 2cameras and just real recently crowded as fuck again..Stop the INSTAWANK and social media bs..unless mummy never loved you and you need it to feel wanted...its now over the top..shits gunna change real quick, we are all over it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm

Only 15 guys..hmmm now I'm interested, always thought it would be more crowded than that, maybe a road trip if international flights don't open up this year.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 5:23pm

Could you tell us exactly where this wave is? I can't for the life of me poinpoint it with no discernible landmarks. However, next trip home I'm gonna round up the lads and we're all gonna head down there.

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 6:52pm

Glenelg

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 7:09pm

Parsons on da again. 

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm

Secret spot between Middleton and Goolawatu.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 8:41pm

Wasn't aware Barbara Streisand was lurking in the Swellnet forums.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 8:49pm

desertbeetle, I’d be interested to know what qualifies as being a local out there. Need to be born in the closest town? Not that many surfers in the immediate vicinity.

Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 8:51pm

Hey Dung Beetle, isn’t that the wave in your Facebook profile?

desertbeetle's picture
desertbeetle's picture
desertbeetle Friday, 19 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm

@bnkref local to the actual spot or to the area?..noone in the world lives at the actual spot..nothing wrong with surfing here..leave ya fuckn cameras at home and insta posts the same day can get fucked...3 photos in a few weeks is fucking shit...2 of the pics are from the same day..if not all as I recall..who would want to put up with that crap.
@clivius nice stalking..maybe, maybe not but its my private page, never posted on the same day..or even year or even season fuckhead..not a public sponno'd page or multi-insta page or pro photog page..fuck off
surely sw has more content from the east coast and goldy to flog the hits for..funny havent seen blacknose or island on wotd..dont care if you wanna do the mission and surf around there but leave ya fuckn cameras and 'look at me' instas for private or even better at home. Its a kooks area anyway..if you like surfing with kooks

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 12:23am

Done.

See you soon.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 7:34am

Id expect Swelllnet post whatever pics they either get sent or that they stumble across on the gram by regular photographers they follow, I've seen the odd pic of a spot i dont really want attention brought too, but you know what i do, i don't say anything and a day latter its forgotten.

Worst thing you can do is complain here and bring more attention to the spot, especially letting us know 15 guys is considered a crowd for such a quality wave.

Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum's picture
Clivus Multrum Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 10:08am

Dung Beetle, get someone to help you read Indo’s reply and have a good think about what he’s saying next time you make the long drive from your place to said coast.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 10:47am

Hey Indo with the take off area the size of your I.Q 5 guys is crowded at that joint chuck in some some lids and its game over.15 crew would be a nightmare the car park ain't big enough .In and out a couple of beers then home leaving the poor buggers that reside close by despondent .So heres a tune for the broke hearted.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 12:33pm

Insults my IQ while keeps on bringing attention to this wave, how's the irony.

Most of us know what 15 guys on a small take off is like, if your patient you get your waves.(lids also often take the one stand ups dont want)

Like i said if you are smart and a lesser known wave appears on WOTD that you dont want attention brought too, you know what i do, i say nothing and cross my fingers no one else does and if they do, i still say nothing because i dont want to add to the attention.

Ive even done this with novelty waves that the pic is probably the best it ever gets.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 11:50am

One other thing beetle, one of the “locals” that surfs it regularly is always flogging the place on Instagram. Doesn’t really bother me as I’m in Vicco, but maybe your angst is better directed at your fellow local than getting fired up about a heavily cropped image on Swellnet.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 12:53pm

Geez Snuffy, I keep coming at your music suggestions with enthusiasm and they never fail to disappoint. You got anything that’s half decent ? I’m not giving up yet.

The worst music video in the history of music videos? Possibly. It felt like the kids didn’t just star in the video but they actually wrote and directed it as well.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 at 4:01pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 22 Feb 2021 at 2:28pm

I have no idea where today's and yesterday's WOTDs are but they sure remind me of a local bombie that fires up in winter - lots of pleasure and pain