Australia's Heaviest Wave: Put Your Nominations Out There...Waves to die (on) For...

spunoutatagneswaters's picture
spunoutatagneswaters started the topic in Saturday, 8 Sep 2012 at 6:59pm

I know we don't talk secret spots guys, but I've been musing on putting this question out there to the forum. My take is that the nastiest, spine breaking drops are hardly a secret matter, is not a matter of where they are, it's a matter of are you ready to toy with bringing your expiry date way forward. To start the balls rolling(or breaking)I'd put up The Nulla's Shark Island up there with the meanest when it gets very hefty. I too have gone very quiet with the crowd on the point, as we've waited to see if someone surfaces on the dry ledge, after getting too far back inside. Couple of other nominations would have to be Blacks at Elliston South Oz, and of course Shippies is a definite contender. Put up your nominations folks, if you reveal a remote location, chance of drawing a crowd of grommets out there, is lower that Buckley's...s

funpeeler's picture
funpeeler's picture
funpeeler Sunday, 9 Sep 2012 at 8:59am

The shorey at Bullies

scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster Sunday, 9 Sep 2012 at 4:29pm

The zone,the box and shark island are some of the squarest waves in oz per foot of swell, but they simply don't get to the size of some more exposed southern coastline waves such as shipsterns or luna park. Cyclops could well be a contender but i don't know of it being ridden above 6 foot or so - does it get bigger than this??

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Sunday, 9 Sep 2012 at 5:07pm

main beach, Nth straddie... broken lots of legs.

and back Bunga. whoa, good luck.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 9 Sep 2012 at 11:42pm

Rox .

Ask Kerby Brown or worse still Tom Innes how Gnarly it is .

frother's picture
frother's picture
frother Monday, 10 Sep 2012 at 1:12am

The Right.... nice preview of the drop on the link below

&feature=fvwrel

... and this one gives you an idea mass of water

&feature=relmfu

gromfull's picture
gromfull's picture
gromfull Sunday, 23 Sep 2012 at 10:26pm

Headies, near thirroul

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 24 Sep 2012 at 7:19am

Far out thermalben...get back to ya commune you commo....what happened to freedom of speech?? why do you weild tha axe o presidenti??

can i believe you have a forum on here then feel like you hav the power to remove it....are you the fucking doctor thats gunna fix everything??

you have started the media machine that these guys think fucks the surf around the planet....stand up you
pussy!

morning xx

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 24 Sep 2012 at 7:53am

Jeff, we haven't removed a thing. The article in question is still live, as is every comment made by anyone. Nothing has been deleted, moved or otherwise tampered with.

I simply closed the comments on the article because they were way off topic - the original article was about the 'Billabong Pico Alto 2012'.

You're more than welcome to discuss anything you want in these forums - feel free to start a thread (which you've done numerous times before).

Now, can we please keep this thread on topic?

zephatalien's picture
zephatalien's picture
zephatalien Monday, 24 Sep 2012 at 11:40am

Oh yeah, knights. :D For even on the best waves you are surely taking off on a closeout with very little between you and the sand. More injuries here than anywhere and i've snapped over a dozen boards at the beast.

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Monday, 24 Sep 2012 at 6:16pm

moose never took me anywhere zeph...the lids found and wanted cavs....probably the heaviest wave in oz ......good onya ben...ta

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 15 Oct 2012 at 1:32am

bondi beach, just near backpackers rip must be pretty bad cause people are always getting smashed on the tv show Bondi Rescue. Thank god Sam from home and away is there to save everyone. Hasnt he come a long way...

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 11:48am

I'm not up to speed where in Australia is the heaviest slab on to dry reef that offers up the wave of your life if you succeed. I would like to see some photos of the spots some here above me have mentioned, I imagine I might have seen some photos not knowing where they were taken at. Please provide road maps and comfortable accommodations that are nearby - OH and the nearest Mex. Rest. with better than good tamales and refried black beans. - the 'silver zsunami' .

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 11:55am

OR should I have signed off - the 'Zilver Zsunami' ???

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat's picture
whaaaat Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 1:20pm

The hundred dollar special near a smelly point break in the French Quarter of KI at anything over 6 foot makes my guts heave just thinking about it

jughead's picture
jughead's picture
jughead Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012 at 1:26pm

CYCLOPS at any size is No.1
TheLeft in WA makes theRight seem soft. No.2
Cyclops Big Brother No.3

just sayin.

and OURS no.4

my opinion only. have surfed all a few times, except Left, only Once!!!

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Thursday, 18 Oct 2012 at 6:12pm

BPP AT PI getting dragged across that shelf on your arse is nasty

jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker's picture
jeff-schmucker Friday, 19 Oct 2012 at 6:24pm

did you forget about cancers jug or is that a diferent class?......i thinkn cancers and cavatys....both will park your broken body high and dry on the granite so i guess ya wont drown!!!

mr-mysto's picture
mr-mysto's picture
mr-mysto Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012 at 12:11pm

The shorey at Bullies

By: "funpeeler"

yep