Freedom of speech

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Thursday, 16 Jun 2016 at 4:00pm

What is freedom of speech?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 10:25am

Hmmm, no comment re: above article?? Strange. It was the hot issue on here last week.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 11:11am

Huge win in my books.

Credit to Steve, the local community, the landowner and hopefully to Ben.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 11:36am

Positive lessons to be learned all-round.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 11:45am

Yeah, except for the possibility of Surfline moving in as Freeride might have alluded to.

The septics don't quite have the propensity to prioritise communal good over commercial benefit that we do.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 1:48pm

' rape, pillage and exploit.' - really. so surfers rape and pillage.
With all due respect to Donny Munro of LaBa, - "I was offended that someone had the audacity to point a camera straight at the break and had made no effort to contact us. Surfing’s such a massive sport these days and there’s always someone out there looking to make a sleazy dollar out of it.”
Donny has made a many 'sleazy' dollar from the surf industry and fair enough. In fact a life from it. Good on him. But to aim at others, contradictory. The fact is, locals only.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 2:10pm

Tones I think the "locals only" boat sailed a long time ago.
The main issue is that there are around 50 000 to 100 000 surfers on the Goldie, only an hour away.
Giving this many surfers access to a real time camera is, shall we say, not ideal for the health of the break.
Lineups still generally function well around here Tones.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 2:37pm

AndyM, next time your checking DBah and then decide to go the Ox, time it. Unless you have a heli, maybe in an hour. If you read the article, its locals only. If you surf the place then again make sure you are one of the boys. The cam would have probably helped the local Ballina blokes and a lot from Byron. That's why the plug was pulled, I suggest.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 3:20pm

Tones, I live in the Lennox-Ballina region - I'd rather poke a mud crab up my arse with a burning stick than surf D'bah or Snapper.

So you agree with me, the Goldie is only an hour's drive from Lennox i.e. tens of thousands of surfers just up the road.

I'm a blow-in in the Lennox area and I'm absolutely not one of the boys but I've found the vibe here to be pretty amazing. Some of the older crew know my face and I get plenty of waves, even getting called into set waves on good days.

Amazing what happens if you're prepared to have a chat and mind your manners.

For me, the scene down here is far from being too far gone and is worth protecting.

Hats off to the members of the community down here who made the effort to look after their local patch.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 3:22pm

I recall there was a Swellnet policy about revealing sensitive spots. Couldn't find the policy just then but found an old quote from ben about it....

"..........So, if we publish a photo of a surf spot that may be considered sensitive (and keep in mind that everyone has a different view what is sensitive, and what isn't), we won't name it or reference it in the accompanying article. Our reports and forecasts are regionally focused so as not to concentrate surfers to specific breaks, and our surfcams are positioned at the most popular waves in each region - where crowds have been well established prior to their installation......."

From the reaction at Lennox, the place is considered sensitive and the removal of the camera is therefore a good decision by Swellnet.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 25 Feb 2017 at 6:14pm

AndyM, it seems you have never driven the GC to Lennox run. It is incorrect to say, you can drive that in an hour. You must have a heli. If you have surfed it a few times then you'll know it can handle a few. So it's ok, to keep it for you but not others. You must be special.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 26 Feb 2017 at 12:46am

Tony Barber, you've lost the plot.

I've driven that road scores of times, Coolangatta to Lennox is a distance of 90km, sitting on 110km/h almost all the way.

I'll expect an apology shortly.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Sunday, 26 Feb 2017 at 3:29am

Hah! Barbie! Life in plastic, it's spazztastic !

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 2:02pm

Oh dear, about to be banned in SN?

"And if you ban us from your clubs
It's the right time, the right mind
And if you think we really care, you won't find in my mind
No! You can't afford, to close your doors, so soon no more

My, oh my
I'll let you down upon the ground, so soon no more

No! You can't afford to close your doors, so soon no more
My, oh my I'll let you down upon the ground."

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 2:06pm

Who's getting banned?

You trying to create your own infamy SB? Least HR had good reason.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 2:34pm

Good to hear. I think.

Infamy? Infamy? They've all got it infamy!

Though poor ol' HR's mind has gone a bit doolally these days.

Speaking of which...

Psychological case-study #101, subject: Blowin'

I think we've covered the rage and race issues, albeit briefly though I'm sure there's more out there.

Now let's investigate the narcissism and subsequent delusional lying and general bull-shitting.

Exhibit A. (Sourced by googling 'Blowin' & 'Bintang')

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/302695

Fascinating stuff. A thread started by said Blowin' where said Blowin' interviews said Blowin'.

Apparently just for the yucks.

Apparently.

The best um, 'exchange'?

Blowie:
"Before we go , let us know a little something about yourself that no one could know."

Blowie:
"Cool.
1. I once sat in a caravan for weeks and manicured over a hundred pounds of marijuana.
2. For a brief time in my youth I was famous nationally and widely recognised as the star of a series of television commercials.
3. I tested in the top percentile of IQ in the state I was educated in and attended a school for talented and gifted students.
4. One of my eyes is pale blue whilst the other is a dull brown.
5. I see dead people.
6. I can read Braille ."

Blowie:
"Are you trying to be clever ?"

Blowie:
"A couple of those things are actually true."

Blowie:
"Which couple ?"

Blowie:
"That's for you to guess."

Blowie:
"You are a fuckwit."

Blowie:
"Did you only just realise this ? You're not real bright are ya ...."

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 2:48pm

@Stu for what's it worth I reckon you could have pulled the pin on the treaty forum topic sometime ago.

In Melbourne today talkback radio was all chest puffed about a court decision involving the underage marriage of Muslim girl. Sure it was wrong but the court decision applies the law, not that you would think so with the mindless bluster and outrage offered as considered comment. There are arranged marriages all around the world and not so long ago here in Australia when Italians and Greeks first migrated here in large numbers similar issues arose, but lets not let balance and reason get in the way of a good story and the Muslim bashing agenda. Same with the Treaty topic, sure Blowin asked a reasonable group of questions but that invited, frankly, some rather scary or at best very distasteful views/comments. I continue to be particularly bemused at how seemingly reasonably intelligent people think its at all okay to speak on behalf of others especially a group so marginalised as our Aboriginal communities. Lets be honest here how did this topic better inform or help anyone? it didn't, it just gave the same old correspondents the opportunity to again vent their same old frustrations, bias and agendas. Free speech can be a bucket of pig's shit in these circumstances.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 3:16pm

I don't agree i think the topic brought up some good discussion and points, it's a hard topic to talk about but some people just push things a little to far or don't word things to well and some people just want to bury their head in the sand and not explore or acknowledge important aspects.

But i understand why Stu closed the thread, it sucks when people don't really want to actually talk about the topic and just want to attack each other, that gets old very fast.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 3:34pm

"I continue to be particularly bemused at how seemingly reasonably intelligent people think its at all okay to speak on behalf of others especially a group so marginalised as our Aboriginal communities."

Fucken A.

The premise of the 'treaty' thread was a crock to start with.

Y'know, those "blackfellas" apparently want a treaty or something...how does it effect ME?
What would you give up for THEM? I don't like THEM trying to split up MY Australia. I, ME & MINE, don't think it's, y'know helpful, FOR ME. AND MINE. AND THEM! Don't you agree, MY fellow country-MEN?

ME. ME. ME.

But, but, but...that's not ME. I don't want to (snigger) "point the bone" (get it, get it?) BUT... etc etc etc blah blah BULLSHIT.

Wait up, I think I can hear the sweet siren call of the Currawong, and the gentle mocking laughter of the Kookaburra...

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 3:32pm

...or is that Peter Allen's tinkling ivories?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm

SB is Herc?!
Sheesh this gets confusing

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 4:07pm

So after post after post after post of emphatically displaying compassion towards indigenous Australia and a desire to radically improve their lot I get called on a the innocent use of the term "point the bone " - which is a term colloquially used by all Australians and the fact that I'd dared to contribute my opinion on how I'd act if I was in their shoes ....which I'm saying pretty much everyone on the face of this Earth does quite regularly for someone or other. That's the sum total of my crimes.

And look at the venom in return .

For a bunch that is all about humanity you sure do a great impression of hatred.

Not that I really give a fuck , but you've got to admit it's pretty funny.

PS Shatner - sorry you don't like what I write , but I don't write my original posts for you . Just a bit of fun creativity for myself and if you care to have a look I try to employ a different writing style , technique or perspective every time. A self interview was a great way to while away an arvo in the air con after a morning of sick Indo waves.

Maybe you should give it a go . Great way to release that steam you've got building . Sounds like you're gonna blow. Maybe blow into Uplift ? He's full of eggs , you might be able to impregnate him.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm

@GF,

Ha ha...nah, Herc is Herc, he ain't SB. I was just giving a quick summation of the thread, including the return of our Prodigal Son.

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:34pm

'But i understand why Stu closed the thread, it sucks when people don't really want to actually talk about the topic and just want to attack each other, that gets old very fast.'

The first time I ever looked at swellnet, I'd never heard of it, and some friends were laughing at all the radical shit schmucker was copping. I had a look and though WTF, his whole family was getting drilled and payed out. We have had differences, but so what, go and see him if you want to honestly figure things out, if its such a huge deal to you.

I told a true story about a friend who helped among other people Tom Carrol. What are you saying again?

'it sucks when people don't really want to actually talk about the topic and just want to attack each other, that gets old very fast.'

Captain uda googler and co went into a frenzy. Of pure, swillnutted bullshit. How can you take the fucking place seriously.

That guy and I used to have heaps of long talks about hinging, glutes, surfers feeble fitness levels, how surfing actually creates so many injuries etc. Training nutrition. I fixed a guys knees once, put a reference to show it, after another swillnut fitness pro (now that is bullshit) reckons it was bullshit, then of course the reference was bullshit. Anyone that knows me or him, knows the truth. That ended up with me getting some fuckhead ex cop private detective snooping around, but he left a trail. But again, that was bullshit too, except its not.

My wife repeatedly got called an under age asian slut and whore, by some more enthusiastically enabled, piss weak, cobber, limp dicks who hide on here.

I myself have helped plenty of people, including surfers who couldn't surf, fix plenty of injuries and surf again. Its my job. And I surfed a wave pretty well, that I've seen plenty of the best surfers describe as radical at times, well into my 50's with no injuries. So, yeh, I knew the same old, and new bullshitting limp dicks would tie themselves in knots when I posted on this.

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/226131

And on cue, another heart felt blowie, constructive, open, smelly fart.

'A workout .....at 11.15PM ?

Kelly should spend less time surfing in the ocean and more time lifting lumps of metal in front of a mirror in an air conditioned room.

There I've said it. It's what everyone's thinking anyway. THEN maybe his surfing will start to develop. Until then , well, it's embarrassing to watch really isn't it ?

Does anyone know how Lebron went at Chopes this year ? I missed it, I'm assuming he won though. He's been training really hard lately.'

And guess what, contrary to the article theme, slattsey's back is fucked, again, along with knees and shoulders.

I could put tons of identical, heartfelt blowie farts like that on here.

None of this shit ever happens, or happened to me in real life. Remember when blax shredder yorkesurfer said I was endangering the planet, and his wife, because I ate 20 eggs a day, for almost the same years? WTF? Who, or what the fuck is a barley? I read all this shit about bullshitting limestone chargers on here. I sat out there for years, never saw one of them. Ever.

Well, thats not true, stuie dun time west, and he is more qualified to speak on it. I'm calling 100% bullshit on blowie's treaty post. If you are so sincere, I agree, with Shats, feel Indigenous Australian pain. And learn about, and acknowledge their amasing 60,000 year Cultural success, without your ego not being able to accept, even though you highlight it, that ours isn't so flash.

'created by the folks sitting in a chair , facing a computer under flouro lights and performing tasks that don't interest them, for people they resent , for upwards of 8 hours a day ?

5 days a week.

49 weeks of the year.

Who have fallen into nasty habits.'),'

No equality at all. That is reality for the majority of Australians. that is good 'ol uncle whitey, and aunty liz and uncle phil's advance australia fair. No where near their level of success. A change of attitude is the first step in reaching out to Indigenous Australians. They have had to listen to our clap trap bullshit at the end of a gun barrel, based of a stinking, sleazy lie for long enough. Our country is over run with fucking plaques, monuments, statues, memorials reserves, special days,blah, blah, blah, all commemorating a pile of good 'ol uncle whitey crap. Well, guess what, he wasn't so good. He was a greedy fucking bullshit artist. Time to fuck him off. Sorry, but see yah liz, see ya phil. Show Indigenous Australians that we really are about reconciling. About new, much different and better beginnings. For once start talking about, and learning about their 60,000 years of greatness, their unrivaled success. Show them our pride. Win their trust. Stop carrying on like a fucking typical, smart arse fucking blowin, trying to wheedle his way on your inside, while he's talking sleaze to you. I've seen and dealt with hundreds of them, can smell em a mile away.

Anyway stuie, maaaayyytee, gotta go, have to pick up my asian, slutty whore from work, that's ok with you and your posse isn't it mmmaaaayyyte.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:17pm

"So after post after post after post of...BULLSHIT!"

"Emphatically displaying compassion towards indigenous Australia and a desire to radically improve their lot"?!

More BULLSHIT.

Unless you mean 3 posts (outta hundreds and hundreds and hundreds) disingenuously trying to cover your sorry arse after being called out by Herc, Turk, Sheepdog, and me?

My bad.

Dickhead.

Who believes your bullshit? Do you even believe it?

And this?

"For a bunch that is all about humanity you sure do a great impression of hatred."

MY bunch? Who the fuck is that?

But the best bit, the really telling bit, has got to be this?

"Sounds like you're gonna blow. Maybe blow into Uplift ? He's full of eggs , you might be able to impregnate him."

What a comment from a bloke who interviewed himself and bullshitted to himself and called it...wait for it..."Self fellating aided and abetted by Bintang Besar"!!!

Maaaate, you couldn't make this shit up. Well, you could, Blowie, and do...

And that's why we call you Blowie!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:24pm

It was the best bit !

We agree on something !

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:50pm

Psychological case-study #101 continued, subject: Blowin'

So we've covered the rage, race, and narcissism issues, albeit briefly though I'm sure there's more out there.

Now we move on to his classic homophobia. His latest projection evidenced literally minutes ago.

"Sounds like you're gonna blow. Maybe blow into Uplift ? He's full of eggs , you might be able to impregnate him."

What is the underlying cause of this homophobic psychological projection?

Psychological projection being, "a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings."

Again, I will quote from the man himself, however first, A TRIGGER WARNING (thanks again Soup-Can the seppo for the terminology)...well, unless you're bullshitting again, Blowie.

"Then there is the situation with my beloved brother.

For all your talk of solidarity, have you ever put yourself on the line physically to represent the esteem of someone you care for in the face of blind hatred ?

I have.

And he's a gay bloke that many have tried to bring down and take me with him by proxy so you can get fucked if you deem to lecture me on how I should behave to be in accordance with any nominal notion of acceptable behaviour that will placate the remote and uninvested observers."

Yes.

Quite.

Fuck knows why you'd drag the poor bastard into whatever personal oppression you were trying to portray, it's all a bit queer.

Blowie, do you think your brother may have rubbed off on you? In an underlying way?

"My point being....everyone faces oppression at some point in their life. It's how you respond to it that determines who you are."

Is it a reason you bash people in real life (if, in fact, you do)? Or more to the point you try to on here?

Bintang time, Blowie?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:46pm

Seriously, give it a rest.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 5:48pm

Cue outraged comments about your free speech being hindered, or me playing favourites, or me being a right-wing sympathiser etc etc.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 6:25pm

In my previous life, before the coma and awakening, I posted the following on this very thread!

Realise the power of language especially when it's 'legitimated' through certain vessels e.g the media.

Own your opinion.

Take responsibility. Be accountable.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from responsibility and accountability.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 6:13pm

Does this bring up a discussion of the new Human Rights Commissioner - political correctness and all that ... hmmm. Well, she will have it all in front of her. We may even get a redefinition of Freedom of Speech. That will stuff a few up.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 6:14pm

@TB, it only brings it up if the Murdoch press say so.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 6:23pm

Great debate there you two!

Jeeeezus wept.

And remember kids, "if you want to take offence, that's your choice. You have the choice of choosing another feeling. Offence is always taken, not given ... We're not responsible for the feelings of other people."

A direct quote from a bald Swedish animal fucker and member of the Australian senate.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 6:33pm

Ahh, here comes the patronising bit.

Maybe there's a song lyric you can cut and paste to capture your feelings?

That'd cut deep...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 7:20pm

@TB, you're a funny man

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Thursday, 22 Jun 2017 at 10:55pm

'Maybe there's a song lyric you can cut and paste to capture your feelings?'

This one just about covers everything.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:23am

I find blowin's self indulgent stories rather entertaining

I also find it interesting so many on here seem to resent him for living the life (you are surfers aren'the you?, jealousy, envy, hate, he was smart enough to structure his life so he's got nothing better to do than post on here and slot some bali barrels...half his luck

So much for...

'Love trumps hate'

If only more of australia's fifo goons had the sense to plan for the inevitable down times we might not be arguing so vehemently about the distribution of the spoils

Love trumps hate!

MAGA!

You choose...

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:15am

Ahh, Stu, the HRC circus was way more than Murdoch. I'll grant you, they kept on it. Even Fairfax saw the fallacies in its leadership. But no matter, this forum(S) are robust, balanced, thoughtful, yes opinionated, factual maybe even intellectual .....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:22am

Thanks GS, yeah my kids think so too, I think. Not often we see compliments on here. Cheers.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:32am

TB, though you'd have to draw the line at 'respectful', and 'accountable'. a few on here seem to think that is not important, freedom of speech and all that.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:36am

Sypkan, I'm with you bro. I'd much rather read Blowies ramblings than Captn's Cut and Paste any day.

bigtreeman's picture
bigtreeman's picture
bigtreeman Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 8:42am

Context of Muslim law rests in punishment prescribed in the Torah.
- four types of death penalty - stoning, burning, slaying (by the sword), and strangling
- the death penalty could only be inflicted, after trial, by a Sanhedrin composed of twenty-three judges
- two witnesses are required to testify not only that they witnessed the act for which the criminal has been charged but that they had warned him beforehand
- he had to accept the warning, stating his willingness to commit the act
- this development was interpreted as being fully in accord with the Torah’s regard for all human life, including the life of the criminal; so in a sense it was felt to the good that the death penalty could no longer actually be imposed but was simply left in the books for theoretical discussion.

Unfortunately nasty minded, little men of the Muslim and Christian faiths have lost the proper interpretation and have re-imposed the death penalties.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 9:22am

Sypkan Zen agree but you missed his main talent how's Blowin's skill to attract a fanbase like he does. Do you think it's a natural talent thing or maybe just sheer hard work?

The passion that comes across from the fans is really extraordinary.

Reminds me when you are standing at the train station or central city and that bloke with the funny hair, tee shirt to small shorts are all wrong.....and of course ugg boots and starts ranting while standing next to you.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 9:47am

I don'the necessarIly like everything he writes, but I really don't see how you guys think you can control what people write on the internet... It's the nature of things....the new norm...

besides the left's thought control project hasn't gone well

Is this the guy you mean I focus?

He wears ugg boots in winter

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0....

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 10:19am

Stunts:

"Ahh, here comes the patronising bit.

Maybe there's a song lyric you can cut and paste to capture your feelings?

That'd cut deep..."

Blowie:

"The most beautiful song - lyrically and melodically - ever written ?"

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 10:21am

"Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs

A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all."

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 10:26am

Or, to cut the chase,

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 10:30am
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 10:31am
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 11:45am

Herc, that truly does cover all bases. And who doesn't love a double dosage of Mad Max? (actually that may be a bit of overkill, Snuffy)

"Sypkan Zen agree but you missed his main talent how's Blowin's skill to attract a fanbase like he does. Do you think it's a natural talent thing or maybe just sheer hard work?

The passion that comes across from the fans is really extraordinary."

Quite, I Focus.

"I find blowin's self indulgent stories rather entertaining

I also find it interesting so many on here seem to resent him for living the life (you are surfers aren'the you?, jealousy, envy, hate, he was smart enough to structure his life so he's got nothing better to do than post on here and slot some bali barrels...half his luck"

Interesting take there, Soup-Can. Well, 'interesting' is being polite. 'Fucking way off-beam' is more accurate.

But then that may be the way YOU feel. Love trumps all reason.

I just find those '(don't you) wish you were here' post-cards from the edge a bit sad. Especially posted on an anonymous forum.

I don't know about you but usually when I go for a surf, home or abroad, I'm not on here. Or anywhere net-related. Furthest thing from my mind.

And even if you were the type that felt inclined to boast or brag or just plain bullshit about your surf, you'd do that to your mates, wouldn't you? Maybe on social media, again if you're that way inclined?

Then again, for the Blowie,

"Some people like to paint , some like to bat off....I enjoy both and I also enjoy adding my two cents worth on the forums. I don't do Facebook, or Instagram or any of that dross so it's a great way to stay social whilst I'm in some other prick's home town."

I dunno what the difference is between spending an inordinate time on here or on the "dross" social media sites (well, apart from there being mates and acquaintances and family and shit on the social media sites...it's kinda the point), but hey, if it floats your boat, so be it.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next equivalent of a Facebook pic/post of Blowie's latest meal, I mean surf.

Hang on...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 12:11pm

Not even close Shatner.

Who drinks small Bintangs ? That's not a beer it's a sippy cup.

Meanwhile , I got my shred on this morning to remind everyone it's all about the waves ......https://m.