Rote Kneeboarders ~ bad mannered old blokes in red

Apeedayz's picture
Apeedayz started the topic in Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 10:48am

On the trip of a post Covid Surf holiday.
Cruising here at Nembrala.
Lots of easygoing people sharing waves big and small.
After being here a week and thinking what a great feel about the place and after Noosa crowds everybody here is polite, respectful and sharing the waves.

Up rolls 5 or 6 Tossers on knee boards. Red Rash shirts and helmets, in their Fire Brigade Uniform.
Into the water they go and paddle straight through everybody and go straight to the inside and proceed to take every wave that comes through.
As soon as they get a wave, it’s straight back to the inside, totally ignorant of anybody else in the water.
If their ploy was to make ar55holes of them selves they certainly succeeded to the point where others thinking of going surfing were asking if “The Fire Brigade” was in the water.
As time has progressed they have not only decided that they will be on the inside all the time, that they will drop in on others coming down the line , that finally got a wave further up the point.

I think a few people have had words to these guys but it has little effect.

So if you have any “Old Bloke” knee board guys that you know with their red hats and rashes that are in Nembrala on a surf trip in August, and they are telling you what a great time they had, know that they are Full of Shute,
Tell them from me and most other people here that their conduct is appalling and they represent all that is bad in surfing.
If they think their cool, they are just a couple of old bullies, that have had to resort to knee boards, flippers and webbed gloves so they can get a wave.

If that’s the way that they conduct themselves at other places, then it would explain why the go surfing in a group, probably for protection, or cos they have no friends.
It is totally inexcusable.

Not sure where they are from, but I think it’s unanimous that they go back there asap, and I feel sorry for any break that has to put up with them on a regular basis.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 12:25pm

Wow, couldn't just burn them after the second time they snaked and took a set wave? Let them learn the hard way how to share?

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 12:53pm

Lol. Finally a post that makes me feel ok with the fact that I'm currently stuck in Aus. Thanks Apeedayz. Sorry about the knobs.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 1:07pm

Sounds exactly like the small group of kneeos on the MP, I indirectly know a couple and I hear they boast about that sort of shit. I’ve also heard some biffo is coming their way

DAW's picture
DAW's picture
DAW Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm

Why would you kneel when you can stand......easy way out.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 2:35pm

Didn't know they (kneelos) still existed. That's not good. I thought we eradicated the pests years ago , along with the goat boat infestations.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 2:47pm

Come on tubeshooter, couple good cunt kneelos round here that shred, most pests I've come across stand up. I won't go so far as to defend goat boats though haha.

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 2:56pm

Such a shame - without exception the kneelos I know have been lone wolf oddballs with big smiles who thread tubes quietly to themselves. I'm usually silent in situations like that but have started openly saying "can you lot start sharing the waves, we're all here to have fun?" and it usually works. When it doesn't I start trying to manifest a hot tempered bloke with an axe to grind to put the fear of god into them because that really isn't me. Sorry your trip was trashed.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 3:08pm

haha, yeah Sprout, I remember a 'few' cool ones who could surf ,guys who charged solid stuff ,, just haven't seen one in ages. The last few I did meet clearly had some sort of attitude issues /inferiority complexes as well as a lack of any real talent.
Never met a goat boater I liked though.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 4:03pm

Sounds like the "Reds under the bed" swellnet forum groups annual surf trip is causing some problems at the moment.