Chat forum trolling on swellnet

Clam's picture
Clam started the topic in Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm

BAITING, TROLLING, INCITING CONFLICT

“Trolling” or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternative ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums.

A member who visits a forum only to incite "conflict" will be designated a "troll", and find his/her account temporarily or permanently suspended.

XX maintains zero tolerance for members who create posts intended to antagonize other members.

XX also reserves the right to require that a minimum number of posts, term of membership, or other criteria be met to allow posting on certain topics."

From another popular forum .

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm

This is from another site :

"INSULTS and DEROGATORY COMMENTS

Insulting other members, and posting abusive and derogatory personal comments, is strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner.

If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add.

If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:00pm

Your last name isn't Dutton is it ?

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:00pm

"NAME CALLING and DEROGATORY NAME VARIATIONS

In an effort to keep discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at other players."

Derived from another popular forum

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:05pm

How have things been over at the PCYC website ?

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm

Damn theres already a thread about this topic hey stu ?
Although there was no comment box attached to it , ?

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/code-conduct/37586

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm

Quote stunet :;
"These rules are intended to ensure that everyone gets equal chance to participate on the Swellnet forums. These rules may change without notice. Check this page for changes.

If you break a rule, we'll usually just issue a friendly reminder. If you repeatedly cause trouble we might decide to remove your ability to comment. That might be temporary or permanent. We'll handle each problem on an individual basis.

Code of Conduct

Use common sense. Have respect, don't break the law, don't do anything that could get the website hauled before the courts. If it's defamation in real life, it's also defamation here.
Don't create social chaos. If we ask you to cut out some shit you're doing, do as we say.

You mustn't post anything that violates the laws of Australia.

Don't post any commercial spam.

No self promotion of your personal website anywhere except your profile (you may put your website url in your profile) or in the context of a discussion.

No personal attacks against other users. Make your point without making things personal or insulting other people, even people who don't visit this website (see Point 1).

All users are entitled to their anonymity. If you know someone's ID don't share it unless you have their permission.

Don't expose sensitive waves by identifying them in words or photos. Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a secret spot so please be concious of that and err on the side of caution.

Don't accuse Swellnet moderators of having an ulterior agenda. Our only agenda is to maintain the best surf site experience that we possibly can.
Swellnet is a small business, so the office isn't staffed 24/7. If we encounter any problems, we'll try to respond to them as soon as possible but bear in mind that we don't spend all day watching the forums. However if you need to contact us urgently, send an email to [email protected] and we'll do our best.
We want you to enjoy the site. You're welcome to express your opinions within the website's Code of Conduct.

Note: If we ask you to leave and you continue to use the forums or register new accounts, you may be breaking the law.

Note: Illegal activity will be reported."

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:14pm

Blowin : "Your last name isn't Dutton
is it ?"

"All users are entitled to their anonymity. If you know someone's ID don't share it unless you have their permission."

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:26pm

It's all fun and games until someone gets called, and I quote, "a swill-nuttin blowjabber"

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm

That was my name !

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 6:05pm

Blowin why dont you write your own name here instead of others that you show no respect for ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm

You think I don't respect Dutton ?

You're correct.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 7:03pm

I find this thread offensive.... I find Clams deliberate baiting of blowin offensive.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

Sheepdog

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm

I feel like someone that's surfing the best and least safe bank on the beach and an overweight clubbie has put his flags up around me and now he's blowing his whistle like crazy.

And now I'll see just how red his face will get before he realises that he'll have to drag his sorry arse out the back if he wants to get me.

Or is that a major over reach as they show the same fucking ad over and over and over again during the J Bay Comp ?

Larry Lee's picture
Larry Lee's picture
Larry Lee commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm

Derogatory nicknames are the highest form of Praise in the Australian culture .
Isn't that right Sheepshit !?

Gary, now I know I was wrong
I messed up and now you're gone
Gary, I'm sorry I neglected you
Oh, I never expected you to run away
And leave me feeling this empty
Please come home 'cause I miss you, Gary
Gary, come home
Gary, come home

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 7:41pm

IMPERSONATING a MEMBER and ACCESSING ANOTHER MEMBER'S ACCOUNT
"The use of another member's account, or attempting to access another member’s account, is strictly prohibited. It is extremely unlikely that XX staff will ever need your password to resolve a problem with your account, but there is NO circumstance under which you should give your password to another regular user.
You may not impersonate another XX member or create an account for the purpose of provoking other users. This includes creating an account very similar to another member so as to confuse others by the similarity in names."
Rules from another forum site .

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 7:52pm

"Believe it or not, there are people who get paid to spend all day searching newsgroups, message boards, discussion forums, and chats just to collect email addresses that are posted."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 8:17pm

Turkey ?

Mort's picture
Mort's picture
Mort commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm

Is it ok if your drunk and delusional and know your should be doing something with your life. But, you just got a new computer and you are playing catchup with games you have missed. You will write the great Aussie/Yank/British novel soon enough.

Mort's picture
Mort's picture
Mort commented Tuesday, 18 Jul 2017 at 11:04pm

If you eat a lot of Clams you will fart.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Wednesday, 19 Jul 2017 at 6:30pm

"The owls are not what they seem."

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper commented Wednesday, 19 Jul 2017 at 6:32pm

Owls or turkeys?

“The dog leg. That dog had four legs. One you found in my trunk. The other three went out with the information you're thinking about right now. Two people you don't want coming around here if anything bad happens to me.”

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon commented Wednesday, 19 Jul 2017 at 6:33pm

Blowies?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 commented Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm

Three trolls in a row!

All in 3 minutes of each other too wow what another amazing coincidence!

Jackpot ding ding ding ding ding!

Talkingshatdale.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM commented Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017 at 6:32pm

Herckylift

Shatner'sBassoon commented Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 10:30am

Garry, we worry...won't you come on home?

lukas's picture
lukas's picture
lukas commented Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017 at 8:47pm

jeez its hard around here, fun, but not very constructive.

hynz

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 commented Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 9:23am

Not a bad movie guys but my standards for movies are pretty low these days. The overall standard of movies coming out is luckily also pretty low.

Talking-shat the average catfish is a teenager batting away in their parents basement at how clever they are. 30 years later same story same basement...

You're in that elite club now mate. One of the boys!

I don't suppose you recognise the badass in the video below? Almost as clever as you no doubt you wily fox.