Stop censoring

inzider's picture
inzider started the topic in Sunday, 12 Feb 2017 at 5:01pm

Why stop comments on webcam at Lennox thread?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 15 Feb 2017 at 11:07pm

There is a well known surf break at Cronulla that , if it gets a run , is rarely named.

Im not complaining about that at all, but it'd be nice if every where got the kid glove treatment dont you think ?

You ever thought of moving Evo ?

Might be time to joust with the pack and share in the good vibes ( snigger , snigger ) out Crescent Head ?

Maybe get a 12foot log if the waves are that crook at Cronulla ?

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 7:54am

With 4 cams I think its idiotic to believe Cronulla is being treated
with kid gloves wouldn't you think and I will never leave Cronulla.
Yes your probably correct Blowin ( mals )but obviously I'm trying to hold
onto my youth.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 9:43am

No Lennox Cam today??

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 9:53am

Result of Ox cam meeting last night ?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 12:04pm

SN, have an idea. IP addresses are geographically set. Setup a filter to block IP address from outside say a 100km radius. A two hour drive is certainly a punt to get anything decent from any bank, reef, slab no matter where you are. Cloudflare could set this up, easy.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 12:18pm

More likely they will filter out ip addresses within 100k

terrance's picture
terrance's picture
terrance Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 1:17pm

saltyone: not too sure about the isolation of Lennox Head or seeing it as a country town.

You pointed to Sydney, no doubt the most highly populated area in Australia. Tack on the area to the northern tip of Newcastle and also to southern Wollongong the population is 6 million, (basically one quarter of Australia's population). It would take 4 hours to drive from southern Wollongong to northern Newcastle.

Let's look at from Noosa to Ballina, also a 4 hour drive, population is 2.7m (about 1/8th of Australia's population. Lennox is at the southern end of an ever-growing metropolis that is SE QLD and the Northern Rivers of NSW). It's not some isolated country town any more (if it ever really was).

terrance's picture
terrance's picture
terrance Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 1:22pm

peterb: Thanks for the compliment, but really, unnecessary. Impossible to see how you'd ever think you could get a bighead.

Have you thought of taking a writing for beginners course at the local community college or U3A?

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 4:29pm

Terrance, mate, I'm trying to quit you .... how can I make it any clearer? Your jibes are worse than pathetic, your phrasing atrocious, your humour hasn't progressed from the playground, your surfing ability suspect, your nationality unknown, your parentage a mystery, your sexual proclivities uninteresting, your friends unworthy, your clothes out of fashion, your car a rust bucket, your job lowly ... in all, Terrance, a lost cause. Now please go and bother some other poor bastard, like Blowin, he fancies some sport.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 4:31pm

You know me so well !

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm

Woops I got it wrong Cronulla has 5 surf cams.

terrance's picture
terrance's picture
terrance Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 8:34pm

peterb: You'll just need to try harder. A lot harder. Bother someone else? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

Clif will be disappointed that you just blew a gasket so quickly (time for another online handy from him?) , but hey, the grass is so green on swellnet and www.peteblows it was just too easy. Way too easy.

peteyboy, if you can't cash the cheque darling, don't write it. Don't be the bully that picks the fight, gets knocked out, then runs to the authorities seeking retribution. Sad. I can tell by your mental toughness that you must have grown in the Eastern Suburbs and have a little chip on the shoulder that you can't afford to live their now. There appears to be a lot of that these days, those that grew up on the Sydney coastline so happy, but alas, they missed the real estate bus, had to moved away, that started the ever-growing chip on the shoulder. So sad.

But more importantly, back to you peterb, have you finally enrolled in one of those writing for beginners course at the local community college or U3A I suggested for you? After reading your last post, you need it more than ever.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 8:44pm

OK you two it's silk scarves at 30 paces. Pick your seconds!

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Thursday, 16 Feb 2017 at 9:35pm

Politics, let's go there ....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 11:13am
terrance's picture
terrance's picture
terrance Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 12:04pm

peterb: what's after politics? religion?

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 1:53pm

Start it up.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 2:22pm

how about Bitch fight as a subject for terrance and pete!

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm

Start it up.

terrance's picture
terrance's picture
terrance Friday, 17 Feb 2017 at 3:32pm

sharkman: yeah, why not. good idea.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017 at 4:26pm

Gone for good?

OHBILLY's picture
OHBILLY's picture
OHBILLY Thursday, 19 Oct 2017 at 2:00pm

'In a perfect world'....
According to who? You?
How do you plan on implementing this 'perfect world'?
If you take cameras down, there will be some other company just lying in wait to take them over and start pushing it again.
You can't just turn the cams off.
I don't necessarily agree with the cams 100% of the time, but sometimes it is nice to have a quick peek while I'm lying in bed.
Does anyone else think there will come a time when people will be able to rent drone time and fly a companies drone remotely to check the surf?
Wrong thread for a drone rant, but they shit me.