COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:32pm
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Cheers Blowie. Had our differences on here, but a new found respect for you and your stand for what's right. Cheers GSCO and crew. Good to see the cream rise to the top. And yep Goofy! haha. I think i've made my point for now. ;-)

Made your point?

I was genuinely concerned for your well-being with the tyrade of childish insults and straight out confusing posts.

Actually glad to see you are OK.

But seriously - LOL - the shit you posted yesterday was like an insight to the insanity the anti vax crew all have as their underlying foundations of their ideas. Dark, repressed, frightened and fanciful thoughts. 80% of the world are dumb c*nts! Hahahah.

The embarrassing thing is you applaud Blowin for his stand for what's right.....you really are long gone mate. No one is trying to get you, no one is trying to do anything other than what will actually provide the best overall outcome for all of us. Sure, there'd be some carnts capitalising off this debacle, on both sides, but the government and experts who advise them are actually not out to get you - and you want to fight them?

Coming from hermit kingdom WA, it does make sense that you're more scared of the injection than the virus, but all around the world, the virus has ripped through populations. The 100k reactions to the jab compared to the 48M doses given in Aus would pale in comparison to the damage this virus would do unchecked in an unvaxxed population. It's horrible what happened to your friend, but it doesn't make you right, and everyone else wrong.

yawwwwn.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:38pm
burleigh wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
burleigh wrote:
blindboy wrote:

supafreak going back to the vaccination of children the short answer is that, at some stage, they should be vaccinated. There are arguments based on risk/benefit that make some sense now but they won't in a few months time when the case numbers spike with the removal of restrictions and the impact of Omicron. The risk of serious cases in children may be small but the risk of the vaccine is still much lower. If children are not vaccinated it will spread rapidly amongst them exposing those children with existing health problems to an unacceptable risk. Similarly unvaccinated children will pose an increased risk to any vulnerable adults they live with.
As someone in a vulnerable age group I am happy to wait for a booster, one because I am able to take measures to avoid the current low risk of infection, two because I would like to have peak immunity at the peak.of the risk which is a couple of months down the track. If I had to commute everyday on crowded public transport my attitude would probably be different.

You want to vaccinate healthy young kids to keep you safe? Potentially put kids at risk to make you feel ok?
You are sick mate and that’s child abuse.

People have got the jab through pressure of losing their job, I hate to see the pressure the corrupt government is going to apply to try and get jabs in kids arms all without releasing any data.
I bet my house that bluey will get vaccinated early next year.

So ahh, Burleigh, doe's your place have a lap pool?? A little aquarium with live prawns and crayfish prime for scooping out? I like to change my dressing gowns daily so hoping theres a fresh supply lined up.. I'm hoping it has a raised deck overlooking the ocean for a celebratory cigar in said gown!! hahaha. :-P
(btw...assuming early next year meant January!)

Im a simple man BD, no lap pool sorry!

I also believe that sea creatures belong in the sea, so you wont find any crustaceans in my home either.

I do own a dressing gown though, and linen sheets.

hahaha. Classic Burleigh. Keep up your good work legend.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:41pm
sypkan wrote:
Stok wrote:

So...you follow legit stat's, but have no doubt the stat's are overstated regarding vaccines. Seems a bit conflicting to me.

P.s. love being called champ, very validating for me ;)

mate you're conflicting

and desperately putting words in my mouth now...

either stop it... or go harder...

champ

I think you meant Chump there Syp.
Chump, Gimp and the VicGronk.
Loving this spiel of mental health issues these three point at me. If only they saw the week i just lived. hahaha. I do have a very blessed life.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:42pm
bluediamond wrote:

yawwwwn.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Hahaha ok....you got me!

I guess reality is boring, much better to escape into a world where there's a villain (Big Pharma, scientists and Bill Gates), a heroes (Malone, McCullough, Robert Kennedy, Joe Rogan, Malcolm Roberts etc.).

The big war is coming BD, get ready to fight ;)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:43pm

Here you go Dr Dick and stok , 2 more doctors you can put on your list of you tube nut jobs .

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:51pm
Supafreak wrote:

Here you go Dr Dick and stok , 2 more doctors you can put on your list of you tube nut jobs . https://youtu.be/wkz1ln5AJ5Q

Thanks Supa, will do. BTW who's dr dick?

Funny isn't it, how there's this long list of doctors popping up on your YouTube searches, discrediting vaccines or the way they've formed the basis of our pandemic response. It's almost like there's some form of ALGORITH!!! in social media which is prone to showing you what you want to see.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

yawwwwn.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Hahaha ok....you got me!

I guess reality is boring, much better to escape into a world where there's a villain (Big Pharma, scientists and Bill Gates), a heroes (Malone, McCullough, Robert Kennedy, Joe Rogan, Malcolm Roberts etc.).

The big war is coming BD, get ready to fight ;)

It appears Stok is loosing it. which is completely normal when you are on the wrong side of history.

An education cant bring you happiness.

Something i forgot to address, how can you listen/like Dr Greger who has kept pretty quiet about Covid in the last 18 months however is very much a food is your medicine Dr, yet have these fucked up views/love for big pharma and this experimental vaccine?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:55pm

Here is a link to the guy above Supafreak.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/healthpolicy/96635

He seems very keen on vaxxing kids. Is that the message you wanted to convey.

Read the BTL comments on the piece above from doctors.

Not you Burleigh, you'll have a heart attack.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm

BTW, the Slater thread got discontinued i think, due to the obvious deterioration of comments, but is it at all possible to re post Blowin's comments on it re Slater SN crew?? One of the best post's i've ever read on SN and i know alot agree with me.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:06pm

@burleigh, you see, because of have an education I know not to listen to someone who's expertise lies in nutrition, about pandemic response. Must be hard for you!

@FR, just had a quick glance at those comments....a world away from this thread....

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:11pm

@stok is edumacated Burleigh. He's claiming it like a status symbol!!! haha. Might be time to retreat!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:18pm

Funny thing is, i don't remember going to uni, but i'm sure i was there!!!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:22pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Here you go Dr Dick and stok , 2 more doctors you can put on your list of you tube nut jobs . https://youtu.be/wkz1ln5AJ5Q

Thanks Supa, will do. BTW who's dr dick?

Funny isn't it, how there's this long list of doctors popping up on your YouTube searches, discrediting vaccines or the way they've formed the basis of our pandemic response. It's almost like there's some form of ALGORITH!!! in social media which is prone to showing you what you want to see.

If you bother to watch the video you will be very surprised, but we both know you won’t look .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:28pm
Stok wrote:

@burleigh, you see, because of have an education I know not to listen to someone who's expertise lies in nutrition, about pandemic response. Must be hard for you!

@FR, just had a quick glance at those comments....a world away from this thread....

Great education Stok.

Here you go, it wasn’t hard.

A career in public health specialising in emerging infectious diseases.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:36pm
freeride76 wrote:

Here is a link to the guy above Supafreak.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/healthpolicy/96635

He seems very keen on vaxxing kids. Is that the message you wanted to convey.

Read the BTL comments on the piece above from doctors.

Not you Burleigh, you'll have a heart attack.

No the message was around boosters , I’m very aware of who the Dr is and his position on vaccination for kids . Its worth watching freeride , particularly the subject about mandates for 20 yo university males that are double vaccinated have also had covid and now will be expelled if they don’t get a booster . The video is 1 hour and covers a range of subjects around covid, vaccines and the past .

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:34pm

The world, as i see it. Trust the government? You're kidding me right??

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:35pm

@supa I waste enough time on here as it is, do you really think in going to sit here and futher review your YouTube research like I'm your teacher grading your assignments?

@BD clowns college doesn't count mate!

Yes...for the 10 or 15 or so lurkers who check in on this thread...this is what it has come to....insults about being educated!!!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:45pm
bluediamond wrote:

BTW, the Slater thread got discontinued i think, due to the obvious deterioration of comments, but is it at all possible to re post Blowin's comments on it re Slater SN crew?? One of the best post's i've ever read on SN and i know alot agree with me.

I think that was the comment about Kelly in the 90s being the only guy on tour that was actually treating his body with respect and being a professional while the rest of the tour at the time was getting wasted after every event???

That was a good comment, i was actually thinking the same thing before i even read it.

At times you can think Kelly is a bit nutty with his diet and thoughts, but it's 100% worked for him, nobody every thought it would be possible to compete at his age, when Occy won his tittle at 30 that was old to be on the tour.

The young guys obviously surf better than him now but he is still by far the best surfer for his age in the world and super fit, health and flexible, and its obvious he knows his body better than anyone else.

Agree it was a very good post from Blowin, even if i might not have agreed with everything he wrote.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm

Blowin for Swellnet president. The voice of reason and the man to keep the Pfizer princesses in check.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm
Stok wrote:

@supa I waste enough time on here as it is, do you really think in going to sit here and futher review your YouTube research like I'm your teacher grading your assignments?

@BD clowns college doesn't count mate!

Yes...for the 10 or 15 or so lurkers who check in on this thread...this is what it has come to....insults about being educated!!!!

You’re hilarious stok , you actually have no idea who the 2 doctors are or what they are discussing and you dismiss them because they are on you tube . Well guess what , everyone is on YouTube, Fauci , Collins CDC , FDA , NIH so you may be right it’s all bullshit.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:52pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

BTW, the Slater thread got discontinued i think, due to the obvious deterioration of comments, but is it at all possible to re post Blowin's comments on it re Slater SN crew?? One of the best post's i've ever read on SN and i know alot agree with me.

That was a good comment, i was actually thinking the same thing before i even read it.

At times you can think Kelly is a bit nutty with his diet and thoughts, but it's 100% worked for him, nobody every thought it would be possible to compete at his age, when Occy won his tittle at 30 that was old to be on the tour.

The young guys surf better than him obviously but he is still by far the best surfer for his age in the world and super fit, health and flexible.

Agree it was a very good post from Blowin with some good points.

Yeah that's the one Indo. It's baffling that folk can't understand that Slater sits on a perch waaaaay above most of us, as far as humans encountered on his world wide journeys, waves ridden, experiences lived and amount of people he knows. Cultures, sheer geography of space he's covered... Doesn't make him holier than though, he's got his faults no doubt, like we all do, but to completely ignore the fact the threads of his life lived are alot more diverse and deeper and integrated deeply with other humans, compared to the average human is ridiculous. Doesn't make him better or worse....just more experienced and someone definitely worth listening to!
Also, good on you for your integrity and staying true to your beliefs on this thread. You're post's are always level headed and non emotive (unlike my own!!) Again, butted heads with you many times....at times pretty gnarly, but nothing but respect for keeping a completely open mind and re evaluating things as they develop. Cheers.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:53pm
Stok wrote:

@supa I waste enough time on here as it is, do you really think in going to sit here and futher review your YouTube research like I'm your teacher grading your assignments?

@BD clowns college doesn't count mate!

Yes...for the 10 or 15 or so lurkers who check in on this thread...this is what it has come to....insults about being educated!!!!

So Macquarie University doesn't cut it in your world Stok. You really are a deadset wanker. I'm enjoying watching you hang yourself.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 8:55pm

Glad I provided some entertainment for you!

I hold my position firmly knowing its backed by millions of experts in the relevant field. That's enough for me!

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 9:15pm

That's a very good video Supa, thanks for posting it.

Stok you'd be off the mark to dismiss it.

I found it very helpful and reassuring, calming, and gave me come faith and confidence.

The guest speaker Paul Offit is on the FDA vaccine advisory committee and the CDC advisory committee on immunisation practices, so he's in the thick of the decision making process on vaccines in the US.

Stok if there is anyone on this planet that fits your description of an expert, it's this dude.

I think the reason freeride questioned Supa posting it is that Paul Offit is pro vaccine for everyone, including kids, and he makes a good case about vaccine efficiency and safety etc, so it might be viewed as against Supa's "bias" and narrative.

I think the reason Supa posted it is that Paul Offit said there is currently no evidence to support that boosters are needed in order to reduce severe illness, over and above already being double vaccinated, for most the population. This is in line with WHO advice.

Paul Offit said that the rationale/objective for boosters based on the current evidence would be to eliminate all illness, including mild illness, but that this has never been an objective of any vaccine in history. He said vaccine boosters do appear to potentially achieve this unnecessary objective, but would need to be done every three months, which is not feasible.

His advice is basically aligned with the WHO.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 9:09pm
Stok wrote:

Glad I provided some entertainment for you!

I hold my position firmly knowing its backed by millions of experts in the relevant field. That's enough for me!

Except you disagree with them on vaxxing kids re covid so based on your logic you r an antivaxxer.

Anyways this is how a constructive discussion occurs when someone with a credible argument is different to yours.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/i-wont-call-dr-offit-an-anti-vaxxer/?ut...

“We need to leave room for people to have good faith disagreements and questions without inappropriately smearing them as “anti-vaxxers”.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 9:19pm

C'mon Bonza! Stok is the only 'academic' on Swellnet. We should all bow down to his, um, knowledge? I thought Roadkill and Viclocal were dumb as dogshit...but now..there's Stok...THE academic!! Funny story, i did my degree via travelling in a van around Australia. It wasn't too hard. Do all your readings. Have half a brain. Meld a few sources together, a relatively comprehensive sentence or two, an opinion, and bingo. Nice big P!! Academics arrr Rseee!! Stoks an academic, so I am too. In philosophy!! Who woulda thunk!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 9:55pm

Stok said “ Funny isn't it, how there's this long list of doctors popping up on your YouTube searches, discrediting vaccines or the way they've formed the basis of our pandemic response. It's almost like there's some form of ALGORITH!!! in social media which is prone to showing you what you want to see. “ …………….. Is there a vaccine for foot in mouth disease ? I think it was shelved , pity, stok could do with a few doses .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 9:58pm

I also have a degree BD. Poor Stok though he was all high n mighty. Turns out he's just a common man with a chip on his shoulder

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:02pm

not just a chip on his shoulder m8.he's got chip for brains

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:04pm

hahahaha. All the above.
Yes, probably the first thing you learn as an 'academic', is to do your 'resuuurch' and not just trust the youtube algorithms!!!! But what would i know,...all sad and depressed down here in the deep south.....!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:07pm

btw Supafreak, his spelling and grammatical errors are never ending. But so are mine! But i'm not an academic!! So who cares. ha! AlgaeRhythmns?? Yew!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:08pm

Fuk! would be a good name for a band!! Claiming it!! 'The 'antivaxxed' and the Algae Rhythms!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:28pm

@stoks gone scurrying with his little cereal packet piece of paper. What a fucken' wanker. To assume you're better than others based on your little piss weak piece of paper. Piss weak.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:37pm

He also went very quiet when i pointed out that his favourite Nutrition Doctor was also a Dr in public health specialising in emerging infectious diseases when Stok he used his academic wisdom to point out that he wouldn't go to a nutrition doctor for pandemic advice.

Almighty academic Stok..... where are you?

ringostarr's picture
ringostarr's picture
ringostarr Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 10:55pm

Latest data from Victorian DoH. "Yesterday, Victoria recorded 1089 people with COVID-19 in hospital and 113 active and cleared cases in ICU. Of cases in hospital yesterday, unvaccinated people made up 22.8 per cent of those in hospital and 35.8 per cent of those in ICU, despite the fact the proportion of unvaccinated adults in the community is less than six per cent."

https://www.health.vic.gov.au/media-releases/coronavirus-update-26-janua...

I would like to know more data from the info provided in the link above. For example, how many of these cases of people in hospital with Covid, are there solely because of Covid. But I doubt very much, given the reasonably significant sample size, that there is a really disproportionate number of unvaccinated people in ICU for reasons other than Covid (eg unvaccinated are worse drivers or take more risks driving so have a significantly higher likelihood of car accidents ending up in ICU? I doubt it). So I think it is probably fair to assume (unless we are being severely misled by the folks that put this summary together) that the above numbers do show, quite clearly, that vaccinations work in keeping people out of ICU. 36% of ICU admissions are unvaccinated, compared to 6% of the population. If we are not being actively misled, I'm not sure what some crew on here are trying to argue. The data supports the position put forward by the overwhelming majority of experts on the subject that the vaccinations are the right approach to protect THE COMMUNITY. What Kelly Slater knows about his body isn't relevant. If he is thinking only about him and his health (and from what I've seen of his comments I think his focus is Kelly - makes sense, you have to be pretty selfish to be #1 in the world at anything, maybe unless you're Ash Barty), the odds are he would be fine. But for a community of millions with a stretched health system, we need to look beyond ourselves. That's what a community does. Or at least the type of community I'd like to live in.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 11:06pm

gsco said “ I think the reason Supa posted it is that Paul Offit said there is currently no evidence to support that boosters are needed in order to reduce severe illness, over and above already being double vaccinated, for most the population. This is in line with WHO advice. “ ……………I thought the video covered a lot of various issues and I would like to see someone like Dr Offit publicly debate Dr Malone . He sounded like he personally knew him , calling Malone out face to face is what’s needed . I like to listen to both sides and there were some radical statements made that Rogan didn’t have the knowledge to challenge. I’d also like to see someone challenge Offit on vaccination for healthy kids against omicron. Its amazing that a bloke like Offit can be thought of as anti- vaxx simply by not going along with everything regarding policy around mandates and boosters .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 11:20pm

Came across this quote on Twitter ……” Always remember, the truth doesn’t mind being questioned but lies do not like being challenged. Instead of having conversations like human beings we’re focused on canceling. “

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 11:49pm

Boom! +1 to that Supafreak.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 11:54pm

An interesting social experiment may be to see a country reach a vaccination level that is consistent with herd immunity, let’s say that means 80% of the population (all ages) within 3 months of their last dose. And then see what happens over the ensuing few weeks. Only problem is that of course in 3 months time most of the population is less protected and hence vulnerable.
Could send a country broke trying to perpetually maintain 80% boosted.

WA might be in this situation soon: encourage everyone to get boosted but not open the doors until the boosters have worn off!!

Might be time to rethink our early treatment options

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 26 Jan 2022 at 11:58pm

Bit of back slapping going on here tonight, am I right?

Looks like I've won the title of pro vax bogeyman, given to me by the swellnet 'do your own research' committee ;)

I don't pretend to have the time, knowledge or experience....or basically anything else above the people here. I'm a flog too and I know it. I enjoy cruising these forums mostly when I've run out of content on my social media, whilst on the bog. Listen to me, or don't. Ignore me enough and I'll probably get bored and fade off. Insult me and we may have a laugh together ;)

I jumped into this convo here as frankly, I found it stupid. People here just sharing links to news articles, or YouTube bloggers (some with qualifications, some without). Everyone essentially had there mind made up, and there was the listen to the 'experts crowd' which I admittedly am in, and the 'the experts may be wrong and let's discuss' crowd'. There's also the batshit insane conspiracy crowd too.

But what got to me, and still gets to me, is what's the point of this discussion? Why share articles about this topic online in an anonymous manner? You'd actually be plain dumb to change your position on this topic, based on what you read online in forum such as this. So I can only assume people do it for reassurance - that they're questioning of health advice is warranted and they're not alone in the way they think? Which is ok, but it's risky - and breeds further dangerous thinking through conformational biases.

There's a reason why you don't look for health advice online, in an anonymous forum. Just like you wouldn't take legal advice, or financial advice. This topic is highly nuanced and very easily manipulated to capture emotions. I'm pretty sure I've never shared an article on covid, or vaccines, recommended a podcast, suggested someone to google a certain doctor or whatever. It's actually not appropriate. Doing it may make you feel like your helping to uncover the larger truths, but because none of us are anywhere nearly capable of assessing and interpreting what's going on here in full, it's just plain risky.

Supa, some of the content you post is actually ok, but the fact remains, that your posting anonymously online. Your not an expert, your prone to emotional decision making....or maybe your not? No one here will know. There's a reason why these days almost any service you call will say 'this advice is general advice, and you need to consider consider appropriate for you'. You've had a laugh at me before for listening to the mainstream narrative, but you'vee made the assumption that I haven't personally run the gauntlet with the other conflicting narratives, and still decided to trust mainstream - am I right?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:05am

On a separate note, had an interesting philosophical thought today.

We only focus on number of lives lost with this virus, in the media, in this forum, in our discussions, but rarely do we discuss lives saved?

Just think:
That one person who stayed home instead of visiting their friends during the early days.

That person who wore masks when appropriate.

The people getting vaccinated.

How many lives are actually being saved? It actually shows how humanity can get its shit together, in the face of a crisis which tests the evolutionary instincts we all have. This virus, for the most part of it, was happening 'far away' and was 'not that deadly' - two things which we are NOT designed to worry about. We're designed for the here and now, the lizard brain etc. etc.

But we actually did a pretty good job.

Bet that'll trigger a few of you in this chat ;)

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:06am
ringostarr wrote:

Or at least the type of community I'd like to live in.

Amen Ringostarr.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:12am

@stok...that sounds like a whole heap of backpedalling on your very strong opinions A man without conviction?? Not a man. There's people here discussing this topic because we're all trying to find our way through it. Then along comes the educator...but he's not the educator, he's just some dipshit sitting on the toilet. Yep. I'll go with the second one. Fuck right off. Weak yellow bellied scum.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:26am

Take from it what you will BD.

Have to say, you've built me up in some weird manner right there....the educator? I dunno mate, feels kind of weird. I'm picturing you've sketched up what you thought I looked like, pinned me to a wall and have been flinging darts at me all afternoon?

I guess your day to day probably excludes meeting people from an academic background? Were just human too.

Anyway....lift your insult game pal. Yellow bellied?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 6:25am
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Cheers Blowie. Had our differences on here, but a new found respect for you and your stand for what's right. Cheers GSCO and crew. Good to see the cream rise to the top. And yep Goofy! haha. I think i've made my point for now. ;-)

Made your point?

I was genuinely concerned for your well-being with the tyrade of childish insults and straight out confusing posts.

Actually glad to see you are OK.

But seriously - LOL - the shit you posted yesterday was like an insight to the insanity the anti vax crew all have as their underlying foundations of their ideas. Dark, repressed, frightened and fanciful thoughts. 80% of the world are dumb c*nts! Hahahah.

The embarrassing thing is you applaud Blowin for his stand for what's right.....you really are long gone mate. No one is trying to get you, no one is trying to do anything other than what will actually provide the best overall outcome for all of us. Sure, there'd be some carnts capitalising off this debacle, on both sides, but the government and experts who advise them are actually not out to get you - and you want to fight them?

Coming from hermit kingdom WA, it does make sense that you're more scared of the injection than the virus, but all around the world, the virus has ripped through populations. The 100k reactions to the jab compared to the 48M doses given in Aus would pale in comparison to the damage this virus would do unchecked in an unvaxxed population. It's horrible what happened to your friend, but it doesn't make you right, and everyone else wrong.

What the fuck are you talking about?

The Premier of WA is openly hostile and antagonistic to anyone who won’t submit to the medical procedure he is blackmailing them into receiving.

Give all the generalities you want about covid, fact remains that BD doesn’t want the vaccine and there is a section of the human rights act which covers this very notion: No one can be coerced or forced into medical procedure.

There literally Is people out to get him.

They are deliberately inflicting social, economic and emotional pressure to get him to take a jab which does NOTHING to reduce the spread of covid. BD, being a young fit surfer, faces virtually no threat from covid.

There is NO genuine medical or scientific reason he should be required to be injected with a toxic substance, which provides no significant benefit, whilst also posing potential health risks.

I can’t get my head around how relentlessly you present your case despite it being completely unsubstantiated by facts and despite the glaring lies you need to issue in order to back your subjective beliefs.

“Dark, repressed , frightened and fanciful thoughts” ? Fuck sake bloke, the weight of the state is bearing down on ordinary people to make them comply and conform to an invasive and irreversible procedure they do not want or need.

And you side with some scumbag who has weaponised this persecution of innocent citizens for his political advantage?

You’re a fucken low , low person.

Get a clue.

Even medical experts state that vaccine mandates are not justified. You are not backed by science, you are not backed by medicine. You are a fricken Brown shirt who spends his free time pressuring fellow members of the community to bend to the might of political power.

Show me the evidence for your vaccine mandate.

Go on….run along and do your academic thing. Provide substantial, peer reviewed documentation which backs up your disgraceful belief that ordinary people should be subjected to this bullshit.

You’re a fuckin creep bloke.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:21am
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:23am

You are probably not aware Udo but both of those drugs (Paxlovid and Molnupiravir) have been approved in the US on the basis of drug company sponsored (Pfizer and Merck) trials that as far as I’m aware are still in preprint and have not been peer reviewed.

Some commentators and health nerds have very prominently “debunked” the evidence for other early treatments ad nauseum, let alone some agencies have publicly ridiculed some of the medications.
Our TGA has actually banned the use of Ivermectin despite a plausible 5-10% benefit (in the opinion of Gideon M-K) and the NCCET recommendeds only one, budesonide as an outpatient, with many, many more either not recommended or for trials only.

The question is why the seeming inconsistency in the analysis of the evidence?
Believe one unpublished drug company trial over many independent peer reviewed trials?

And they’re both very expensive, few hundred bucks a course

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:29am

University of Minnesota ivermectin trial nearing completion https://m.startribune.com/university-of-minnesota-ivermectin-trial-neari...

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 27 Jan 2022 at 8:40am

That is a good trial Supa. It apparently passed the “futility” test a few weeks ago whereby they look at the interim results and consider whether it is worth pursuing. In other words, if there is either a negative result or no real difference with very limited chance of achieving a statistically significant result (based on sample size) then they abandon it.
But it passed that assessment so we’ll wait and see.

Only thing I don’t know about that trial is how early the treatments get into the patient.
The Principal trial in the UK for example allowed enrolment up to 14 days after onset of symptoms, which means that some people will be basically recovered when they enter the trial.

In contrast, Pfizer some how managed to get Paxlovid into their trial patients within 3 days of onset of symptoms, which is actually quite an incredible achievement