Covid Passport

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Sunday, 10 Oct 2021 at 2:01pm

Covid passport is coming.

brainiac's picture
brainiac's picture
brainiac Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 9:33am

As a business owner who has been bent over and no lubed by the vic government for 2 years, what gives them the right to decide- that the $$$ we take from Vaccinated people( who potentially are positive) in my business, are worth more than the same dollars we are unable to take from unvaxed and potentially healthy person? It makes no sense.

It's no surprise Freeride to hear shops are not opening already, and that's Nth NSW where, compared to Victoria the damage has been minimal.

It is bad enough having to ask for proof of regional ID( when we have been required) and the abuse myself and my staff have copped is appalling. I have had staff in tears dealing with this. Checking for Vaccine passports will be even worse. Business owners will be looking at the dollars that they are losing because of this segregation of society. Some larger businesses will have the added cost of staff specifically to check and enforce passports. Owners will be asking where are the choices that we can make.

If the system doesn't change I believe we will lose an incredible amount of businesses due to lost revenue, disillusioned owners, and a lack of staff that are prepared to take abuse.
Closed businesses and less business revenue = fewer jobs, less government income and financial impacts down the whole supply chain-, suppliers, logistics, producers, farmers, manufacturing, staff all lose out. As well as the MAJOR impact on government TAX revenue streams. With higher unemployment and more welfare spending, reduced income streams, just wait 12 months and watch the tax hikes come in in an attempt to claw back their lost revenues. Given no one knows how much our government is in debt after these 2 years of fuck ups and badly managed covid fiasco, the one guarantee is everyone will lose out.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 10:00am

brainiac. You have a duty of care to your staff and customers, and vaccine passports help protect your staff and customers.
Yes I feel for people getting abused by dickheads, but that's the dickhead's fault, not the system's fault.
Not sure where you're from but Surfcoast is 95%+ vaccinated. I'd suggested bending over backwards for the dickhead minority is bad for business. I won't be supporting businesses that panders to the anti-vax nutters but will happily spend my cash on businesses that check vaccine passports.
And seriously, why would anyone want the fucking idiots who scream "medical apartheid" as customers? These Karens are the last people anyone needs as customers.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 10:34am

Viclocal - You are being a DH . You have already posted that you happily turn business away .

Most business owners are NOT on the surf coast . The system does make more customers prone to abuse a business staff who HAVE to enforce controversial new rules which they are not trained to do .

You say -"why would anyone want the fucking idiots who scream "medical apartheid" as customers?"

I reply because their business , that they have built over many years , are going broke . "Beggars can't be choosers " you insensitive so and so .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 11:25am

How funny is it going to be when scared people are forced to exist amongst unvaccinated when the restrictions end on December 1* ?

Everyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, will be capable of spreading the virus but the fearful won’t know who to run away from when all the Sneeches have stars on their bellies.

*Unless the government is lying which they always, always do.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 11:28am

I think they will end before Dec1.

NSW has already indicated that.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 12:50pm

Blowin aren't you vaccinated?

Does that mean you're one of the fearful?

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 1:02pm

Will they still end on Dec 1 if case numbers start skyrocketing? The NSW government are talking like the virus will no longer exist once vaccination targets are met

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm

Thats the 64 dollar question.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 1:11pm

I've got my second pfizer shot next week. There was a shortage for several months here, none available. In a high risk group because of asthma, so I'll be one of the fearful haha. Not of the unvaxxed, but of those who are vaxxed thinking that they're immune to it.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 1:28pm

Vaccine passports a thing of the past from December 1?
Haaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaa.
That blowin prediction is going to be as silly as his, "house prices are going to fall by 30-50% because the filthy immigrants aren't coming" prediction.
Even in his wildest dreams, where the NSW govt says vaccine passports are no longer needed after Dec 1, there will still be a huge number of businesses and organisations still requiring proof of vaccination for service, enrolment, and employment.
Let's say blowin's wishes do come true on Dec 1.. Can anyone seriously see that bloke say "I hate those foreign students and filthy immigrants, but at least they don't have to show vaccine passports when entering the country". Farken hilarious, blowin would be the first guy to chuck the toys out of the cot is unvaccinated foreigners started spreading covid in Australia.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm

Says the guy who set up a roadblock between himself and those filthy mud bloods from over the next headland.

It would not surprise me to learn that Vic Local has a QR reader set up on his front gate and a vaccine bouncer checking passports at his door.

“I don’t care if we are related…..show me ze papers now! Schnell! Schnell!”

Vic Local checking the letterbox…

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 4:04pm

Judge Jury & Executioner.
Big Venues can boss the pavement to weed THEM out & claw back Security expenses.
Insurance!
Church collect infected stock for ADF care drops behind First Mob Lines. Cough! Cough!

The Little people gotta man up & let the Bull into their made in China shop.
https://lowres.cartooncollections.com/shops-owners-shop_owners-phrases-o...

Courting disaster...
https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/animals-attorney-kratz-...

Vic requires Victims / Custody / Witness / Jury to be vaxed...
Judge / Court Staff / Prisoners can do as they please!

US smug Judge demanded that his Jury be Vaxed...
Now US / NSW / Vic are in a race to the bottom.

Any normal person with blood in their veins can naturally see how grossly unjust that is!
In 2 seconds a defence changed the smug Judge's mind to reverse his Court Order...
Crew know why...like for 1 million & one reasons...

Same Govt's ban rights to Vax Media, Data, Education, Groups & Library Access.
Govts deny Elected Voice & regional representation & now ban a right to any trial at all.

Crew are aware of Black Lives Matter...
Blacks least represent on Juries or as Parents by "Association" to criminal element.
Seriously be hard pressed to find a Black on any Jury unless first whitewashed.
Govt use same argument to remove/ re-gift newborns from "on remand" Black Women.
Stolen Generation is alive with Scomo's Church Prison Mobs on-selling miracle babies!

US Judge already asked / ruled Vid Court Unvaxed Mum to never see her child again.
Turns out she had a Sick Note > Same Judge is at it all the time... Unvaxed Guilty > Next!

Victorian 1st Nation Mob are 12x more likely to be charged before a Court.
Naturally by default get arrested plenty times over during Covid...

Aborigines were part prioritised in Vax Rollout or was that just for TV.
Victorian Vax software bugs everyone...

Frontrunner Vic Indigenous Vax rates have been slashed by half...(Shock! Yawn!)
First Nation Vax Population from 80,999 > 57,767
Vax Rate from (60+%) > (35-40%)
1st Dose from 47,954 > 21,559
Full dose from 30,951 > 12,209
https://nit.com.au/software-error-sees-victorian-indigenous-vaccination-...

Worldwide fact that all understand...Black Pregnant Women are least Vaxed @ 15-17%.
Yet they are most likely to present in court as Victims or to defend child from the State.

Same Govt that denied 50% Vax to those 12x most likely to appear before court.
Also mandates First Nation Mothers to Vax their unborn of any dangerous term.
Govt now puts Baby's health second to Vax & then takes it from mother at birth anyway?
Yep! Pretty much the most vile disgusting inhumane racist act of our lifetimes.
How good is Vaccinated Liberal / Labor racing thru White Australia Emergency Powers!
Pauline is left Gobsmacked...Hey! I'm right here Guys!

Back to the beginning...
Here's what the defence said to force Judge to make him eat his own words.
"Jury must be selected from a fair representative cross section of the community."

That must obviously include many unvaxed breast feeding Black Mothers on a jury.
Get an icky feeling that 90% of Aussies would kill to prevent that basic First Nation right.
World we knew came to an end the day the Rollout began...we can all agree on that!

(Small censored sample!) Of what our world says of VIP White Trash Vax Rollout.
Dangerously off track, immoral, unfair, exceedingly unequal and unjust...list goes on & on.

Healthy enough to Vax
tbb is unlikely to get Vax clearance until post Vax Rollout...same for many outpatients!
Since offered up Vax for National Emergency, Frontline + offered body to future Vax Trials.
No progress on any front so how the hell is isolated First Nation Mob able to comply!

Seems as if 90% are ignorant to the reality of worst ever Oz Health Crisis!
Oz Health Crisis: "Vax cancels our appointments that prevent us from Vaxing!" Well durr!
Rollout is #1 cause of Outpatient Vax Hesitancy...should hardly come as a Shock!

Vax sounds wild...must toddle off for a dose or grab a 6 pack of them fancy exemptions!
tbb dreams of being so white...not today or next...not hesitant...was never in the loop.
This might sound weird...but tbb has yet to meet a vaccinated person?

Back to the "Qldurr'z Covid Vax Shopping Etiquette"
Only 2 weeks ago Coles chick demanded tbb to get an app or be denied entry!
Never owned a mobile & Homeline was hacked into & cut off last week...dead to the world!
No one really bothers to tap in anyway...tbb saw just 1 / 3,000 at Mall do a part fail scan?
Vax Stamp Sets are not high on Qld retailers Xmas List..."You can fuck that shit right off!"

Qld Shopping centres Under 40's No masks > 40-50yrs carry Masks > Boomers Mask Up.
Weird to see that nearly all, or (80%) Store Staff have ditched their Masks...
Unmasked shoppers flip'n'flop closer on seats...a bit too friendly, that is!
One short month...Masks are already viewed last year's Incontinence Pads for cry babies.
tbb admits to being a big cry baby...so, what of it!

Qldurrz Xmas is Mango Madness with a sprinkling of Silly Seasoning...hold the Vax!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 6:32pm
Blowin wrote:

Says the guy who set up a roadblock between himself and those filthy mud bloods from over the next headland.

It would not surprise me to learn that Vic Local has a QR reader set up on his front gate and a vaccine bouncer checking passports at his door.

“I don’t care if we are related…..show me ze papers now! Schnell! Schnell!”

Vic Local checking the letterbox…

you really are an utter fuckwit blowin. You've made some of the most ridiculous predictions and statements about covid that have been proved so hopelessly wrong with evidence. You've clung to these idiotic opinions and grand conspiracies while accusing others of being tin foil hat people.

Come Dec 1, Qantas will still be requiring passengers and cabin crew to be vaccinated. Aged care staff will require and vaccine passport, and kindergartens will still have no jab no entry policies like they've been doing for the last two decades you complete fucking moron.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 7:03pm

Good to see more and more politicians around the world having the guts to speak up and standing up for peoples rights !

Happening now in Florida with their Governor .
https://m.

&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/576412-...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 7:27pm

When you're using Ron DeSantis to back up your argument, you've lost the argument. The guy is batshit crazy.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 7:38pm

It’s not an argument . End of story

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 8:13pm

Geez there’s a few snowflakes floating around. We’re literally in the last 3-4 months of a 20 month race and there’s a bunch of people dropping their shit. Pull yourself together man!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 9:41pm
etarip wrote:

Geez there’s a few snowflakes floating around. We’re literally in the last 3-4 months of a 20 month race and there’s a bunch of people dropping their shit. Pull yourself together man!

Masturbators of the world unite!
And pull yourselves together.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 9:53pm

Never gets old.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 10:48pm

The protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn’t protect the protected.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 11:16pm

I am starting to think its possibly a generation thing, you know for want of a better description the US term "snowflakes" seems to fit (thanks etarip).

Seriously talk about a generation wrapped in cotton wool and never ever done it hard.

World war perhaps... nope.
Great depression... nope.
How about poverty having to eat dripping on bread for months on end... nope.
Oh couldn't get your coffee today... world ends.

Its the path way to total government control, taking our freedoms, not injecting poison blah blah blah.

FFS

What happen last major pandemic

Lock downs
Quarantine
Restricted travel
Still just a lazy 50 mil people died

Vaccine passports FFS its not new been there done that you fu(king idiots.

Vaccines gee its all new ... not, one of the reason you are alive today

Apologies to the adults present.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 11:43pm

The protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn’t protect the protected?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021 at 11:59pm

Michael what a tongue twister ! So bizarre . Such a strange time to be alive.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 8:01am

Michael, why did you feel the need to repeat your not so profound riddle?

Who’s forced you to do anything?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 8:18am

If someone can be considered racially oppressed because someone else asks where they are from and if it’s sexual repression because the female dominated care industry isn’t as highly remunerated as being a crane driver , can we please just admit that sacking a person and denying food for their family’s mouth due to medical mandate by proxy is a form of oppression?

Geez….every other day we are bombarded with how segregated minorities feel because they don’t see half of Ramsey Street on Neighbours being Asian characters, yet here are people being excluded from society and it’s all airily dismissed.

Frame in in whichever terms of opportunity or whatever you want but at least be friggin honest about the segregated reality facing people that don’t get the vaccine. Yes….it’s segregation. If you don’t like to admit to that fact it’s because you know segregation is wrong.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 8:16am

.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 8:44am

It’s going to change in the next few months. That my guess. So the choice to not vaccinate comes with consequences. Is it a form of compellence - yeah, probably. But that’s what laws are, right?

There’s one bloke in our office who doesn’t want to vaccinate. No reason given. Our management team are respectful of his privacy, so it’s not widely known among the team of 60ish people. Problem is, his role is in customer engagement and liaison. We’ve got a duty of care to the rest of the team, and to the wider society that we deal with. We’re also subject to a range of legal liabilities and responsibilities. Very difficult to manage. He’s not effectively contributing.
Funnily enough, the same cat seems to be the same one that’s always got some personal issue that needs special treatment or circumstances that need us to create a bespoke arrangement. He’s a smart guy, good worker when he’s engaged, but there’s a pattern of behaviour here. Ultimately he’s becoming more of a liability than an asset to our team. It’s going to impact the way I manage him (not treat him). It’s becoming a cost / benefit question as to whether I’m prepared to spend more time and effort (and resources) accommodating his choices. I know the efficacy of the vaccines. I know there’s still a risk of contracting and spreading while vaccinated. But I also I knew it’s significantly reduced compared to an unvaccinated person. His choice has consequences for a whole lot more people.

Surely our free marketeers get that?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 9:09am

FFS blowin, vaccine passports are not some form of segregation based on traits you were born with or a religion, and these passports have been around for decades.
If you want to use the over-reach term "segregation" be honest about it: It's "segregation" for morons who are a danger to themselves and others. When a drunk driver gets his or her licence suspended, are they "segregated" from society because they are not allowed to use vehicles on roads? Of course not, there's just consequences for being a fuckwit and putting others in danger. Same principles, same argument.
You are so easily red-pilled by the alt right nutters. Ever wondered why they shifted the goal posts from lockdowns to vaccine passports? It's because the lockdown grift has a limited shelf life and these scumbags need useful idiots like you in the longer term.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 9:59am

Coercion - the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

It’s unlawful and an offence. As is blackmail . This country is currently witnessing both.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:13am

Trying to reframe a health measure into segregation or what ever sounds like trying to play the victim.

None of this is new it being done before and look here you are... weird ay.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:12am

OK. From now on no more immigrants to Australia get to use our health system. At all. They come here voluntarily. It’s their choice. Their presence in Australia carries the very real risk that they will get sick or injured and clog up our health system just when a double vaccinated obese fucker develops heart disease from smoking and poor lifestyle.

That’s not segregation. It’s just consequences of their decisions.

You want more examples of the ridiculous and unfair way your pet fascism can be applied in the exact same manner as you’d have society divided and ruled?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:17am

Just got back from the local cafe which is a couple of minutes walk from our house. We know the proprietor well and he was not happy when he told us that he could only sell us takeaways because we’d only had a single jab. There was two other people in a huge open air verandah and it was raining outside. He pointed to his only other customers and told us they were from a Sydney hotspot and they were giggling to him that they’d shot up here under the guise of inspecting real estate. They were eating in. He had no idea if they were infected or not and said he was jealous of us for not having to go near them unlike himself.

We had to go inside to pay anyway.

Totally normal. Not weird and entirely appropriate.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:17am

Hmmm getting ultra creative there Blowin still good luck with that line of thinking.

Its still a health, measure plenty of examples outside of COVID.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:31am
Vic Local wrote:

You are so easily red-pilled by the alt right nutters. Ever wondered why they shifted the goal posts from lockdowns to vaccine passports? It's because the lockdown grift has a limited shelf life and these scumbags need useful idiots like you in the longer term.

Don't worry VL....you know well enough the vax passport has a short shelf life too. Can't wait to see what the next be all and end all is!
It's actually hilarious watching the % of the population willing to get vaccinated grow daily, whilst the anti-vax crew continue to sprout their usual bollox. The time in the (semi) spotlight is fast running out.
My current favourite anti-vax tropes are:
- All anti-vaxers seem to know 'a number' of people who are in hospital or died from adverse vaccine reactions.
- Anti-vaxxers who are beginning to feel left out of our re-opening (who were/are happily joining in singing about how we're moving away from capitalism towards communism) now claiming that they don't need 'over priced restaurants' and 'consumerism'.

Anyway - vax passports will come and go. But don't worry, there will be plenty of other new content produced by the alt right over the coming months, so once this one quietens down the easily manipulated of us will have plenty to get angry over!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:37am

It’s not really ultra creative. Mandating a vaccine cannot be predicated on preventing harm to the individual as the world is full of unmitigated voluntarily and involuntary risk confronting the individual. It’s the individual’s choice whether to accept the risk or not.

It’s not possible to compel individuals to be vaccinated under the claim that it would protect other individuals as others are “protected” through vaccinating themselves. Also the fact that vaccination does not prevent viral transmission.

Therefore the single only possible justification for compelling unwilling people to be vaccinated is to protect the public health system from being overwhelmed. This obviously applies to migrants who elect to move to Australia. It is their choice to come here therefore they should not be eligible for health care as we have already shown, with the willingness to segregate society to protect the health system, that no ask is too great in that endeavour.

That’s as simple a transference of principles as you could ask for.

If we are willing to deny an Australian work and access to society based on protecting the health system, it’s no big deal restricting access to our society altogether to people who want to move here to protect our vulnerable health system.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:47am
Stok wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

You are so easily red-pilled by the alt right nutters. Ever wondered why they shifted the goal posts from lockdowns to vaccine passports? It's because the lockdown grift has a limited shelf life and these scumbags need useful idiots like you in the longer term.

Don't worry VL....you know well enough the vax passport has a short shelf life too. Can't wait to see what the next be all and end all is!
It's actually hilarious watching the % of the population willing to get vaccinated grow daily, whilst the anti-vax crew continue to sprout their usual bollox. The time in the (semi) spotlight is fast running out.
My current favourite anti-vax tropes are:
- All anti-vaxers seem to know 'a number' of people who are in hospital or died from adverse vaccine reactions.
- Anti-vaxxers who are beginning to feel left out of our re-opening (who were/are happily joining in singing about how we're moving away from capitalism towards communism) now claiming that they don't need 'over priced restaurants' and 'consumerism'.

Anyway - vax passports will come and go. But don't worry, there will be plenty of other new content produced by the alt right over the coming months, so once this one quietens down the easily manipulated of us will have plenty to get angry over!

Alt-right?

Please. Let’s not indulge Vic Local’s juvenile fantasies.

I actually think it’s the chicken shits who are going to freak out if and when passports are removed. My life will resume as it always was but Vic Local will be petrified to move through society because he won’t be able to discriminate and run scared from the unvaccinated. Whether someone is infected or not makes no matter to people like that, they just can’t stand the non compliance.

BTW - I honestly can’t think of anything more illustrative of being easily manipulated than believing that a vaccine with prevents transmission of a virtually non fatal virus at a rate of about 1 in 2 chances after a few months is going to make your fears disappear. Your fear is irrational.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:55am

Who is winning the freak-out war?

My money is still on suburban soccer Mums who are invoking the Holocaust.

What are the chances of Govts rounding up the anti-vaxxers, putting them in trains and gassing them?

I'd say that wins the irrational fear award, quite comfortably.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 10:56am
Blowin wrote:

BTW - I honestly can’t think of anything more illustrative of being easily manipulated than believing that a vaccine with prevents transmission of a virtually non fatal virus at a rate of about 1 in 2 chances after a few months is going to make your fears disappear. Your fear is irrational.

Standard bravado type response from those which are down conspiracy rabbit holes....thinking it's all about fear! It's not! We all know chances of recovery without long term damage or death is actually quite good for healthy crew - but! - most of us (at least 90%....and growing) know that our actions have an affect on others who may be less privileged.

Also, if you're still at the stage of questioning the response to covid (which has for the most part, been the same all around the world, across literally millions of public and private sector groups), and sceptical of vaccines, then you might find that fear is driving your opinions and actions.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:01am

Hey blowin
Vaccine passports are not about punishing the individual you seriously stupid man. Covid is an infectious disease dopey. Passports are about protecting everyone, but you are so stupid and self centred, I don't actually think you understand this concept.
Covid is just like chicken pox, and Child Care centres have had no jab no enrolment policies for years. Yes they protect the children of dopey anti-vaxxers, but they also stop outbreaks that at kindergartens amongst children who have sensible parents. The Chicken Pox vaccine is only 90% effective.
I for one like the fact that there's consequences for anti-vax morons. If you don't like it, why don't you bugger off and live in a basket case place like Florida where your fellow travellers are removing themselves from the gene pool.
You're nothing but a selfish and stupid whiney man baby who doesn't like being told what to do for the good of society.
.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:10am

“If you don't like it, why don't you bugger off and live in a basket case place like Florida where your fellow travellers are removing themselves from the gene pool.“

A person my age has a 99.935% chance of surviving Covid. Someone with no co-morbidities has a 100 times better chance of survival than even that huge, massive risk.

Your fear is irrational. You are not talking about Covid. You have mistaken it with a virus of an extremely higher mortality rate. You should consult a medical specialist and get treated for your extreme fear.

BTW….What do you reckon about my spot-on , perfect idea to restrict the immigrants to protect our vulnerable obese fast food affects in hospital ? Pretty sure you’d consider it oppressive segregation then.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:13am

Blowin , I can't even believe you can make such a shitty ignorant statement, " BTW - I honestly can’t think of anything more illustrative of being easily manipulated than believing that a vaccine with prevents transmission of a virtually non fatal virus at a rate of about 1 in 2 chances after a few months is going to make your fears disappear. Your fear is irrational."

you talk about your mum and family how sick they got from the vaccine....FFS 15 people died yesterday from Covid in Vic....how about a thought for all the family and friends?

I'll say it again Blowin.....the vaccine stops 3 in 5 people from catching Covid, 2 in 3 people will catch Covid , but only 10% of them actually get sick...hospitalizations and deaths decreased in Vaccinated.......have no doubt Vaccine passports are now here for good....it's not a matter of when another variant comes along like Delta , it's when!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:16am
Blowin wrote:

A person my age has a 99.935% chance of surviving Covid. Someone with no co-morbidities has a 100 times better chance of survival than even that huge, massive risk.

Enjoy reading how sure some people are of their covid stats....down to the 0.001%!!!!!

But anyway - hey - things are only important if they kill you right???

Forget about the fact it's a new virus, capable of mutating. Came from the animal kingdom like 18 months ago and spread globally. And unlike you Blowin.....who appears to be 99.995% sure they know everything needed to be known about Covid - the reputable global medical community are not comfortably stating that they know enough about the virus to say we don't need vaccines, or we don't need to take actions to manage spread. Vax passports are a sensible policy made by experts who are aware of the risks, the known risks and the unknown risks.

But oh well....standard Dunning Kruger curve....

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:22am

"Whether someone is infected or not makes no matter to people like that, they just can’t stand the non compliance."
And there it is folks. Blowin's stupidity writ large.
Nobody is saying vaccinated people can't get covid. What is very clear is that vaccinated people have less chance of getting covid, less chance of infecting others, and much less chance of requiring hospitalisation.
Blowin is railing against any measures that encourage jabs because they aren't perfect. What a funny black and white world he lives in.
He's like a smoker who doesn't quit because he could still get lung cancer on zero fags a day.
We had a dopey anti-vax fucker on the job site the other day. Lots of neck tattoos, facial piercings, sucking back a ciggie with a V chaser. He was playing the victim because he was given a deadline to get jabbed.
"I Gotta feed me family", "It's poison and I know people who have died due to the vaccine" etc etc. I thought to myself, this fucking idiot is running the exact same lines as that dopey fucker blowin does on Swellnet.
It's like they enjoy making life hard for themselves so they can play the "poor me" card for attention. Being a self inflicted victim. What a way to go through your one and only life.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:35am

Wait….you are threatening to sack a fella who is afraid of undergoing a medical procedure which he says has killed people he knows?
You say he’s playing the “poor me” card without having an inkling if what he says is true, despite Australians having died from the vaccine.

Yet….you claim that an Asian person who claims they got looked at funny on the bus is being subject to unendurable and inhumane oppression?

There’s something very, very wrong with you. I think you’re broken on the inside bloke.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:44am
Blowin wrote:

Wait….you are threatening to sack a fella who is afraid of undergoing a medical procedure which he says has killed people he knows?
You say he’s playing the “poor me” card without having an inkling if what he says is true, despite Australians having died from the vaccine.

Yet….you claim that an Asian person who claims they got looked at funny on the bus is being subject to unendurable and inhumane oppression?

There’s something very, very wrong with you. I think you’re broken on the inside bloke.

No I didn't threaten someone with the sack for being an anti-vax idiot. How do you sack someone who doesn't work for you?
The rest of your post involves you making up my argument so you can shoot it down. Geez that's getting pretty tired.
And some people wonder why you are known as Swellnet's biggest bullshit artist.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:50am

"What is very clear is that vaccinated people have less chance of getting covid, less chance of infecting others, and much less chance of requiring hospitalisation."

Summed it up in a nutshell there VL.

There's a guy at my work over mid 50's who boasts about consuming 3 VB longies per day who also has an on-going addiction to the durries and often sounds like death in motion when he gets the smoker's cough revved up. He straight out doesn't want to get the vaccination, because he's "not afraid of dying", but ironically is "afraid of being in pain." And he gets offended if he is called an anti-vaxxer, because in his own words, "I'm not anti-vaccination I just don't want to get the Covid vaccination". But I'm not really surprised as I have worked with this guy for 15 years and at times he can be a #CAUFW*

*Complete And Utter Fuck Wit.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 12:50pm

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2021/10/14/anti-vaxxers-holocaust-guide/?fb...

This one is for you blowin, and any of you other batshit crazy nutters who like to use the phrase "medical apartheid."

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm

I interested in one thing about covid passports . Can anyone tell me what the consensus view is that IF they are introduced will they stay or go ?

I have seen both views ( I strongly believe they will never be removed and that's why I would hate their introduction ) .

I think I could be asking a question that has no right answer as it depends on what side the answer is coming from .

Probably being lazy and not searching through the unrelated posts . Sorry .

Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710's picture
Patrick0710 Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 1:23pm

The consensus view of medical professionals is that they are an important public health measure while there is still uncertainty over Covid. This is in terms of how it evolves / mutates over the long term and how it impacts the health system in the short term.

In other words, we play it safe until we have a firm handle on Covid and it no longer springs surprises on us.

The common comparison with the flu is helpful (extreme rants notwithstanding). It's not just that we 'live with' x number of deaths from the flu. What's important is that we have a pretty good understanding of what the virus is going to do and prepare accordingly. That's why the public health measures are currently different with Covid, we're still not confident enough to know what it's going to do.

There is no chance that passports will be permanent. For one, no medical professional has suggested this, only that they be in place until we learn more about Covid. Two, as society becomes more 'accepting' of Covid, we will naturally both expect and tolerate fewer restrictions. We can see this already starting to happen.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 14 Oct 2021 at 1:41pm

Some professions/jobs are now going to have medical requirements to get vaccinated, some aren't.

I've got a pal who works in Aged Care.

At the moment she can work but it seems highly likely if she won't get the jab she won't be able to work.

She is staunchly anti-vax.

Why?

Pure fear. She got sucked down Conspiracy Theory Rabbit holes and believes the Vax is a part of a Global Reset and part of a Genocide to reduce population.

She literally believes if she gets the vax she will die.

So she'll probably need to get another job.

Luckily for her, in a wealthy first world democracy like Australia, there are lots of other jobs to get.