If you know what I meme........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Saturday, 5 Mar 2016 at 7:07pm

A place to post your all time fave memes.... Meme wars encouraged, laughs, insults, and general mayhem..

stunet commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 11:06am

"Blaming websites for mass killings and “ radicalisation “ is like blaming the local dry riverbed where the townsfolk gather to drink their goon before they go home to thrash the missus."

"It’s a location, a neutral entity , where previously existent trauma , societal disenfranchisement and recognition of cultural destruction are expressed through impotent anger and misallocated violence."

The writer very clearly says the best way to take the Alt-Right is via political means to stop inequality and other sources of alienation and injustice.

Rushing to defend the actions of the "the people" is noble, though you weren't similarly inclined when BB mentioned Brexit reigniting The Troubles -  caused in Northern Ireland by societal disenfranchisement and cultural destruction.

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 11:06am

Thanks Facto- fascinating.

Blowin commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 11:55am

No , I said that there’s never a reason to start blowing people up and shooting strangers in the name of politics. And the same applies here.

I never diminished the importance of the feelings of those perpetuating the Troubles , I just said that it’s only ever the responsibility of the person pulling the trigger, not the responsibility of the surrounding culture.

I’m not justifying the actions of the people at all . Im holding the same line that externalities aren’t to blame for violence. In fact I had a little shot at that when I mentioned the townsfolk beating up their women - there is no excuse.

And I’m also saying that websites are not responsible for violence , that always remains the realm of personal control. The people on 4chan can get as angry as they like , I’m not saying if their anger is justified or not , but what’s not justified is the murdering of strangers.

Discussion of website content is just more sanctimonious censorship. Let people look at whatever they want , let people discuss online what they want . But as soon as it translates into murder then eradicate them from the face of the Earth. That goes for everyone from religious freaks to game playing sexless nerds.

factotum commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 3:24pm

Nice work, Westo. See & hear the dogs bark. & who's doing the blowing? Rupe and the good ol' boys??

And then there's Maude*...

"But as soon as it translates into murder then eradicate them from the face of the Earth."

Hahahaha! Funny. Both kinds.

Better still, ya don't even know it.

*Maude knew it.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 4:25pm

This is your seasonal reminder to keep things civil lads. Thanks.

Blowin commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 4:49pm

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 4:53pm

Hey Blowin, use the enter key mate. That came up on the main page as my young fella was wanting to check the surf

‘IF YOU UNDERSTAND, things are just as they are;
if you do not understand, THINGS ARE JUST AS THEY ARE.’

Blowin commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm

Sorry , mate.

I’m just trying to get my subscription back. I’m not paying to humour some cock sucker with his smarmy little insults anymore.

I’ll participate, but I’m certainly not handing over cash to allow a cunt like Facto to have access to me.

Imagine if your young fella had some hillbilly taking potshots at him from behind his computer screen. Sure , the cock in question hasn’t really hit his stride yet , but he will , and the shit he’s said before is hard to forget.

Facto shuts his cowardly mouth or I get my money back. Easy.

If you think I’m paying to have some wanker bait me over every thread you are wrong.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 5:29pm

All good. Fire away, just be nice to keep that kinda language below the fold, if you know what I mean

‘IF YOU UNDERSTAND, things are just as they are;
if you do not understand, THINGS ARE JUST AS THEY ARE.’

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 5:38pm
factotum commented Monday, 30 Sep 2019 at 6:11pm

VJ?

factotum commented Wednesday, 2 Oct 2019 at 11:11am

snigger

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai commented Wednesday, 2 Oct 2019 at 9:32pm

factotum you were a punish before, nothing has changed.

factotum commented Wednesday, 9 Oct 2019 at 8:00pm

Hah! There's flogs...and then there are FLOGS.

Hmmm, seems all too familiar on here, don't it?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM commented Wednesday, 9 Oct 2019 at 8:11pm

Checkers?

factotum commented Wednesday, 9 Oct 2019 at 10:46pm

Chinese?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno commented Thursday, 10 Oct 2019 at 6:07pm

South Park episode 'Band In China' is banned in China. In fact they are completely banned afterward, persona non grata:

factotum commented Friday, 11 Oct 2019 at 11:06am

factotum commented Saturday, 12 Oct 2019 at 9:57am

Sink a few more tins then down the road for some McShit after.

How good is everything?!