Watch: Not quite the Fifty Year Storm at Bells Beach

Swellnet Dispatch

Though the storm that hit Vicco yesterday was sizable, the westerly direction wasn't great for the Surf Coast. Troy Brooks and the organisers of the Bells Beach 50 Year Storm event, held in memory of Shaun Brooks, put the contest on alert, however they pulled the pin when the waves didn't reach the threshold.

"Anyone who wants to come out, then come out and enjoy the spirit of the event," said Troy Brooks.

Included in the video are Nic Muscroft, Casey Egan, Darren Wilcock, Jack Perry, Llew Callahan, Adam Robertson, Johnny Hawkin and Troy Brooks.

Video by Juc Media.

Comments

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm
Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 3:46am

It was not quite fifty years. My mate had it over me, he was born closer.

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:20pm

Was the footage withdrawn?

stunet commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:36pm

Whaddya mean, G? Cant you see it?

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:47pm

Nah, it's like it's not embedded..... I'm using an android tablet

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm

Nah, it's like it's not embedded..... I'm using an android tablet

stunet commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm

...and here I am clueless at technology.

I could type you a few thousand words and describe what happens in the video wave by wave, might even make it more exciting than the real thing - I'm well versed in talking it up - but no doubt Ben will mosey by before I finish, solving the problem in a flash and making my composition redundant.

So we might just wait for him...

Blowin commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:55pm

Fat 6 foot plus waves. A few bigger ones . Grey ocean. Looked cold.

Everyone having a good time.

JosephStalin's picture
JosephStalin's picture
JosephStalin commented Sunday, 22 Jul 2018 at 10:28am

Fat 5ft keyboard howler doing his thing in the days of entitlement

Walk around G's picture
Walk around G's picture
Walk around G commented Friday, 20 Jul 2018 at 5:54pm

All good mate, you guys are doing a great job. I just wanted to see how many times I skimmed on my guts before it gave me a good thrashing.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley commented Saturday, 21 Jul 2018 at 11:57am

@blowin, I want to buy real estate from you.

Tim Fisher's picture
Tim Fisher's picture
Tim Fisher commented Sunday, 22 Jul 2018 at 10:09am

*tips cap*

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Sunday, 22 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm

Anyway, everyone knows what happens across there. There's no secret in the real world. So, again, the cameras set up and filmed the ski's frolicking to their hearts delight, mile after mile. Again. In a nutshell.

Meanwhile, the ageless, eternal swillnut, highchair, local heavy, pioneer warrior? MIA. Wrong turnoff... gee whiz... again.

In a nutshell.

Bourneagin's picture
Bourneagin's picture
Bourneagin commented Sunday, 22 Jul 2018 at 11:12pm

Unlike your memory , this weeks swell be better .
There's another waiting in the wings .
Better set the heater to 25 in the Gym .
Don't want Ethels' pelvis to dislocate again . and again and agin .

I don't call it growing old , more like rapid cell deter..ia ... tion......................

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 11:00am

Poor lil' ol' wannabe Bourneagin!

I don't blame you for wanting to be Bourne... again, I mean who wouldn't aye!!! And shit, you see and hear about people being dealt some dud, some fuckin' horrendous hands and shit, but in your case, and with that fuckin' dial... you must get sick of hearing it wannabe, but... what else can anyone say but... FUCKIN' 'ELL MAYTE, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU!!! FUCKIN' 'ELL!!!

And it's not like surfin' did you any favours either, did it, ya poor wannabe... again, you must get sick of hearing it aye... but... FUCKIN' 'ELL MAYTE, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!!! FUCKIN' 'ELL!!!

OllieB's picture
OllieB's picture
OllieB commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm

I'll take three - of whatever you are on...

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 4:58pm

Glad you got that off your chest ollo!

But, they all try that mate, they all think they can be like me, by just taking some amazing, deluxe magic pill.

And that's one of the main problems with the mod surfee ollo. They want a magic fuckin' pill for everything, then when that doesn't work, they all squwark and screech and squeal for magic fuckin' leggies, while the groms are fadin' em on the inside slab down at the fuck'n pass. Its a fucking, ludicrous embarrassment. Again. In a nutshell.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm

Fucking hell. I leave this site for 24 hours and lunatics have taken over. Might need to recruit Gary G to help get some sanity back.,

Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 2:44am

I am going to write a screenplay about you fuckwits

Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 3:29am

It is three oclock in the morning and I am allright.

Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 3:31am

It is three oclock in the morning and I am allright.

Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 3:50am

I could write it for you.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 7:10pm

Don't be too hard on the lads viccy. In a nutshell.

Were you busy towing or filming, miles away? Oh no!!! Don't tell me you took the wrong turn off too!!!?

Wordy reckons they tied lil gaz up to his high chair, towed him around the cliff (again), mile after mile (again), and had their way with him (again) while they just filmed the whole fuck'n show (again) to their hearts content??! Again!!!

In a nutshell!!!!?!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey commented Monday, 23 Jul 2018 at 11:16pm

ROFL ,
Old lug thinks that anyone that pulls his chain is me .
Shadow boxing .....
old crypto her clift , living a very unreal life of inception .

" SA's Reserve Capacity "

Mort commented Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018 at 2:28am

I was always pissed of this guy was born in front of me. I hope he still alive, cause I am.