surfboards on ebay

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:34am

scenario - surfboard listed for auction with a buy now price and with no reserve.

auction ended with the winning bid being much less than the buy now price

seller contacted to confirm payment detail and surfboard pick up

sellers response........im not prepared to let it go at that price the surfboard has been relisted ?

does the seller have to honour the winning bid........being as it was a no reserve auction ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:38am

was on aust ebay.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:40am

That's a very good question. Might have to look through eBay's T's and C's, but if the buyer got a congratulatory email saying he'd won the action then I reckon the board should be his.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:43am

yep got that email from ebay.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:47am

I'd get in contact with eBay then.

I've always been annoyed when people list all kinds of clauses on eBay "we reserve the right to cancel the auction if we sell it on one of the fourteen other websites we've listed it on" etc.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 9:35am

Yep, get in contact with eBay and tell 'em the deal. You want to hope the person is an eBay regular as they wont want their reputation tarnished. One-off sellers can ignore eBay, scrap their account, and then open another one down the track if they need to sell again.

I had a similar scenario, scored a great board for well under market value. When I went to pick it up the guy delivered a sly guilt trip. Didn't try to talk me out of taking it but it was obvious he wanted more money. Them's the breaks for an auction unfortunately.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 9:52am

Udo, get in touch with ebay open a disputed case thingy, just go to help and you will get there.

You wont get the board but will get him barred from ebay for awhile, since you have won you can leave feedback as of now. In non abusive language describe what happened that he did not honour the sale. If he has relisted it again you can let others know so they don't waste their time and he doesn't get a sale, I sell a bit of stuff on ebay and you have to deal with all sorts, to some people it's their version of the pokies.

How about posting a link to the listing.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 11:05am
crustt wrote:

How about posting a link to the listing.

I don't think Udo wants us to know it's actually a beginner SUP with trainee knee pads.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 7:46pm

crustt, still not learnt this post a link thingy.......but it was for a MR 6'4 supertwin ..sellers other items a 5'6 firewire.
Freddie_boi was the ebay listing name ----- wasting my fucking time was his game.

should I post up Freddies real name ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 3:25pm

Problem with ebay is you cant contact them on the phone. I think, though there is an office in sydney i worked in(doing the security system) with the head owner, i dont know how to contact her though or anyone in that office.
Maybe try to find their number. Wouldnt be surprised if its impossible to get through.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 3:29pm

eBay Australia
Level 10 45 Market Street
Sydney
NSW 2000

Phone (02) 8280 6400

Fax (02) 8280 6455

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:03pm

so do I now open a dodge ebay account agree to the buy now price of Freddie_boi s 2 listed surfboards and when it comes time to pay.........gee sorry mate not really prepared to pay that much for the boards, sorry about that.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 12 Dec 2013 at 8:40pm
udo wrote:

so do I now open a dodge ebay account agree to the buy now price of Freddie_boi s 2 listed surfboards and when it comes time to pay.........gee sorry mate not really prepared to pay that much for the boards, sorry about that.

Ha ha..yeah or just bid, put in a crazy high price, if no one else bids you will get it cheap again as will only go up a dollar, if someone else bids, you will automatically out bid them, so if you win at a high price, just say sorry not prepared to pay that much.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 7:01am

Best thing you can do right now is give him negative feedback and let potential buyers know he's dodgy.

Creating another ebay account is a bit harder these days as it has to be connected to a paypal account.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 5:22pm

had a reply from ebay,, Freddie_boi is a very naughty boy for not honouring the sale
Freddie_boi and his ebay acc will be sanctioned after a full investigation into his practice[s]
ebay highly recommend that I post negative feed back to Freddie_boi s ebay account. which I will do.
so if you plan on bidding on a MR superfish or a firewire from Freddie_boi ----- be cautious.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 6:28pm

Well udo after a few ales, I'm gunna ask a few very illogical questions about freight and bottom curves to young freddy. Not that I enjoy annoying people and no I don't have too much time on my hands. Well maybe.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 15 Jul 2019 at 12:20pm

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 15 Jul 2019 at 12:23pm

Shafted again yesterday...Gary Mcneill Torus twinnie
Buy now ....yep someone i know clicked on buy now and cash on delivery and a little later listing comes up as sold..yew what a steal
Ah na i put the wrong price on it says the Seller..!

Lanky Dean's picture
Lanky Dean's picture
Lanky Dean Monday, 15 Jul 2019 at 12:59pm

I found a curren black beauty a while back(on eBay). then contacted the seller to see if he wanted to sell the board for listed price. The board was local so I offered to drive and pick it up.
The seller replied with only if you win the bid. Which I somewhat understand.
I live somewhere remote , board didn't sell .... So he contacted back later to see if I was interested....
Missed a sale , confused a potential buyer.....moral of story......