Anyone know where this spot is?

Deccas03's picture
Deccas03 started the topic in Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018 at 10:04pm

Came across this photo on Facebook today, after reading the comments there were quite a few comments saying it’s around the deep creek area of SA. It’s not blowhole Beach as blowhole is much wider and the cliff is shorter. After looking on google maps I believe I have found the spot and wanting confirmation. I’ve read on a site that it’s called “wait-ups” but not to sure if it’s true

https://imgur.com/gallery/F21hB

https://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Australia_Pacific/Australia/SA/York_Penin...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 7:16am

Hahahaha. Yeah, there’s an epic 300m right hand pointbreak close to Adelaide that no one knows about, or couldn’t be bothered doing the legwork to get to.

The main wave you’re looking for is in New Zealand. As for the other link to ‘Waitup’ east of Tunks, that’s also a hoax.

Deccas03's picture
Deccas03's picture
Deccas03 Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 7:58am

Thankyou!

murphy's picture
murphy's picture
murphy Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 8:38am

Its a cold water point- real cold. And its not in South Australia.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 9:01am

Funny and kind of good how Facebook and Instagram kind of killed Wannasurf and other similar sites, it was a very active place for about 10 years back but now all the comments are from years ago...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 9:18am

My first thought was its that bay I've driven past 100s of times east of melbourne thinking one day that might work but nah

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 9:58am

Pretty cold, somewhat sharky, and not very consistent. Oh, and the name isn't very inviting.

noshow's picture
noshow's picture
noshow Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018 at 1:52pm

can confirm this wave is in Adelaide. I believe it is the North Haven breakwall during our most recent Stormy. Suprisingly good quality, but watch out for the kiteboarders

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Friday, 23 Mar 2018 at 11:45pm

I used to love WannaSurf so so much. unsure if I'm happy it's gone or not. Made travel good.