Newcastle's remarkable rogue surf community ;)

thebeard's picture
thebeard started the topic in Wednesday, 28 Feb 2018 at 4:35pm

"OUCH! The horrific facial injury suffered by bodysurfer Rod Morris following collision with a surfboard between the flags at Newcastle beach is remarkable. It’s remarkable that similar injuries don’t happen every week at our beaches."

never knew boogers were allowed between the loving flags of our yellow and red wearing national pride... in any case, it is, as the author of this piece of quality content, remarkable.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5246846/its-safe-to-say-the-surf-is-a-...

thebeard's picture
thebeard's picture
thebeard Wednesday, 28 Feb 2018 at 5:09pm
Coaster's picture
Coaster's picture
Coaster Wednesday, 28 Feb 2018 at 9:04pm

Nasty injury. I was bodysurfing at the local beach in January and a guy on a log came through on a left, continued through the flags and then paddled off out the other side to another break. No reaction from the clubbies on the beach. I don’t know when they lost their power, but in the old days they’d be blowing their whistle or barking over their megaphone, telling you to move away or they’d confiscate your board. I knew a few who had boards locked up in the surf club for a week or two. It’s weird in a way: why are there no nanny laws or rules to keep these loons away from swimmers?