Cleaning surfboard. Any guidance?

roominthemoon's picture
roominthemoon started the topic in Tuesday, 27 Feb 2018 at 7:28pm

Hello everybody, I have an inquiry regarding surfing board support and I thought I'd give it a shot here.

I'm working with a Sydney cleaners group and we got a demand for cleaning a surfboard. I don't have much involvement with surfing ( I know it's a stunner, given the astonishing shorelines in the place where I grew up ), so I chose I'd ask somebody encountered and Swellnet's gathering resembles the ideal place to do as such.
The surfboard has some sort of solidified foul solidified development and our customers need to have it expelled. I needed to go the additional mile and apply a favor wax or something ( you all can give a few thoughts ) to improve it look even and demonstrate the person the amount we adore our customers. Any thoughts?

Much appreciated ahead of time!

For more details please visit on our website at https://cleanmastersydney.com.au/carpet-cleaning-sydney

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 28 Feb 2018 at 9:47pm

Take it to a surfboard factory........or try thinners.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Wednesday, 28 Feb 2018 at 10:26pm

Acetone

Average's picture
Average's picture
Average Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 2:08am

Start with a wax comb or plastic scraper to get the wax off. If the wax is hard, you can warm it up first (hair dryer, hot damp towel or just leave it in the sun for 20 mins) to soften it. Have to get as much off this way as you can, until there are just spots or streaks left.

If you need to get all the wax off completely, the best thing I've fond is foam dust. Grab a handful from your shaper and rub it around the wax. With a little effort, all the wax will rub off. It is possible to minimize mess by putting the dust in a stocking and using the stocking (but you'll still have some wax residue).

I would steer clear of acetone and wax dissolvers. Unless you go the extra length of getting those off, they leave a film on your board. This can mean your next wax job comes straight off. Much easier to rub the wax off dry with foam dust or alike.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 7:38am

Instead of foam dust you can use shadecloth it acts like a fine scourer.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 7:46am

Shellite will get rid of wax ASAP.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 7:57am

Very sneaky way of plugging your cleaning company. Not a chance in hell this is a legit question!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 8:08am

Exactly..you a commercial cleaning comp and your asking how to remove a waxy film?

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 8:19am

Why would you bother?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 8:46am

Now you tell me.

And I’ve just signed up for the Antarctic blue super sports wagon with CB and optional rally fun pack.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 10:27am

Posted in the appropriate forum category at the very least.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 1 Mar 2018 at 10:37am

Ha ha

jakefinn's picture
jakefinn's picture
jakefinn Tuesday, 12 Mar 2019 at 11:16pm

Acetone is best for the cleaning

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai Wednesday, 13 Mar 2019 at 7:44am

Becareful using acetone as it will remove any clear coat from the board too. Not many "label " boards have resin gloss coat anymore. Most are sprayed with clear.