Is it a plane, is it a bird or was it a ufo over Tazzie yesterday?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 started the topic in Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 8:52am

Anyone got any thoughts? I normally don't give these articles much creedence but the footage is good for the imagination.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ufo-sighting-over-tasmania-spark...

If anyone's got a tale to tell then lets hear 'em..

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 9:00am

Wow, looks like a burning plane, crazy.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 9:01am

One time many years back me and a few lads were on a roady to Roxby and we were somewhere out in the middle of no-where between Port Augusta & Woomera. It was about 11:30 at night but really clear and we were flying along at 180 trying to make it to Roxby before the club called last drinks.

To be fair we had tipped back quite a few cans by this stage but all of us swear to this day that we saw something weird fly overhead about 200 metres off the ground. We packed it, not slowing down until we made it to the roadhouse at Pimba. There's really stuff all out there except cattle, flat ground & red dirt for miles so we couldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the weekend.

We don't really know what it is we saw & it could be anything with the base at Woomera only 100 km away but its still good for a laugh when we talk about it.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 9:24am

West End...say no more.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 9:29am

I believe Johnnie W may have been there also Turk.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 10:03am

late '70s, out in the paddocks, spotlighting. a small ball of fire goes flying low over our heads and burns out ...some very small piece of space junk or metoerite.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 10:18am

Space junk. A lot of you would have seen the remains of Skylab stuck to the roof of that servo on the Nullabor, well there's a lot more up there these days in decaying orbits that eventually lead to re-entry.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 1 Mar 2017 at 6:58pm

A mere sun reflection of an airline trail. Looks great.