Best sunglasses for glare yet its still kind of dark??

groundswell's picture
groundswell started the topic in Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 10:00am

West oz sun is dangerous at times, more so than anything ive experienced over east or in indo.
Especially days like this morning when i put sunnies on (400uv) i couldnt see a thing heading east out of the carpark but without sunnies i felt like i was going to go blind.

Ive heard good things about Mako, the fishing sunnies,but not sure if they are goood for times like this. what other sunnies are best for times like that?
Is poloroid the go? is there a brand and model you recomend?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 10:14am

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 10:24am

Ray ban balorama. Black. Polaroid.

Subjective , I know.

But quality- they've been making sunnies for 80 years. If anyone has got it down it's them.

And Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood ) can't be wrong .....surely ?

If you are spending any time at all , on or around the ocean , then you must get Polaroid sunnies. It's like night and day for checking out what's going on below the surface.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 10:23am

Maui Jims.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 10:24am

Maui Jims.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 11:06am

Thanks fellas ill look into both of those.

nicko74's picture
nicko74's picture
nicko74 Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 11:41am

I'd whole heartedly agree with Andy..... Maui Jim's , Glass polarised lenses great for WA

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 11:47am

Groundswell, I'm on to my second pair of Maui Jim "Peahi"s, been wearing them for a total of 8 or 9 years now.
Went through several different types of Raybans before that, as well as a few mid-price sunnies as well.
The Peahis are glass lenses with excellent optics, very crisp. Polarised of course.
They're not cheap, maybe $300 but the frames have been flawless and the lenses can be replaced separately for about $100.
Heaps of serious fishos and boaties wouldn't wear anything else so I'd say that they're at least worth a look.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 26 Jan 2017 at 12:16pm

Mako's. Only issue I've had is dropping them over the side...............
Mrs has Maui Jim's, no issues with them either.
At the price of both, they would want to be good quality.