Who needs a wettie

thebeard's picture
thebeard started the topic in Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 10:29am

How stoked can you be, howling winds, hardly any swell and no wetty. I tip my hat to you sir

imagebam.com

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 12:29pm

Bloody hell! That's impressive. 

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 12:32pm

That's nuts

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 12:43pm

That's me!

thebeard's picture
thebeard's picture
thebeard Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 12:59pm

@hako: Like I wrote, I tip my hat to you sir. But seriously wtf?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 30 Jun 2016 at 2:09pm

Don't be fooled kids , he just brought a " boardshorts "printed steamer . Ala the type that have printed images on them like Wilko was sporting last year . This version has everything except said boardies in cream skin colour . Gary G got one too , except he ordered his in spray tan orange and sculpted abs .
While we have you online Hako , ( before you head to the snow in the same boardies ) . I'll leave you to defend us on this article .
" http://www.tracksmag.com/know-your-kooks-the-middle-aged-surf-nazi/ "

Hako o hakonde ... Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 7:15am

Fuck I'm a stereotype, don't you just hate it when they get it spot on.

Those waves in the vid were well worth fighting over though.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 8:48am

Pretty crazy to think in the old days, guys down here in Vic use to surf in nothing more than footy jumpers impregnated with wax, with no leggy or a piece of rope with a hanky tied around their ankle.

Now thats hardcore, and it really wasn't that long ago..i mean it was but many of those guys still surf today.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 9:21am

True Indo, but they're riddled with Arthritis and speak with suspiciously high voices.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 9:29am

Yeah, Indo, sounds crazy but true. Before, we figured out to buy divers suits and cut the tails off, a fair solution was to buy a pure woollen jumper but make sure it still had the lanolin in the wool. Much like the impregnated wax in footy jumpers.

A story related to this, when Little Pattie (the 60s Kylie) came down the beach when she was in her teens and saw surfers jumping around a fire on the beach, trying to get warm. This gave her the idea for her song of 'Stompin at Maroubra'.

The start of Australian surf music.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 9:53am

Sounds about right Tones.

I heard when Jim Morrison walked down to the fire sniffing around for a scoob (tightarse never bought his own drugs) he saw little Pattie about to pack a cone and said to her 'C'mon baby light my fire' and she said that's a great name for a song.

And the rest as we know, is history.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 11:07am

Zen...you are having a go ? The 'Stompin at Maroubra' is true ... We could light fires on the beach away from the clubies. Only on cold off shore days.

I don't think Little Pattie and Morrison ever crossed paths !

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 11:32am

Tones.....seriously mate......

PS I've got a bottle of Unicorn tears and half a dozen space kittens for sale if you're interested?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 1 Jul 2016 at 11:50am

Ah, Zen, this one is true. There was a bloke named 'Natch'. He actually went over to Hawaii with Bob Evans, Midget and Bob McTavish back in the 60s. He surfed really well and Evans did get movies of him at Waimea, back in the long board days. Little Pattie came down the beach this cold winters day and saw the surfers around the fire. It was actually Natch that was jumping around after just coming out from the water. Little Pattie related this story to us at a function and she said that when she was catching the bus home, she thought the surfers were crazy and made up the song - 'Stompin at Maroubra'.

Strike me down - fact.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Tuesday, 5 Jul 2016 at 11:31am

me and a chimp were warming our hands by a fire one day down at phillip island,anyway Trent Reznor walks up ...........