Healing a foot that needed stitches

dbstringbender's picture
dbstringbender started the topic in Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 7:18am

I got finned, got 4 stitches and removed them 8 days later, went surfing with the foot taped up and it opened up.
I've been using butterfly style tape to put pressure on the wound and its not enough. Basically its under allot of pressure and now I have a bulbous flap of skin forming. Its too late to restitch.

Its about 1 1/4" long and I also use liquid skin to help seal it so it can heal from the inside. I figure now that I'm in nicaragua I can't use it for 10 days if it adheres properly. However it could be longer?
What do you think?
Some have thought a month?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 23 May 2016 at 6:36pm

Hmm ...is it starting to heal at all yet ?

dbstringbender's picture
dbstringbender's picture
dbstringbender Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 3:13am

it was healing slowly. I surfed two days ago and it tore again. I went to the hospital and a plastic surgeon restitched it. She told me to stay out of the water for 30 days! So much for my surf vacation....I'm wondering if thats an ultra conservative number. She suggests elevating the foot to heal faster.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 7:29am

At least two medical opinions have said a month, but what would they know. I'm a nice guy so I'll tell you what you want to hear, you'll be right to go tomorrow :)

alakaboo's picture
alakaboo's picture
alakaboo Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 9:26am

you didn't say where on the foot it is?
If it is on toe/heel you can sometimes stretch a balloon or washing up glove to provide some cover/tension.

Superglue it together. Just the normal quick-set stuff you get from the hardware store.
Seriously, they do it in emergency all the time.
It'll hurt like nothing else if it gets onto live flesh, but it'll work.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 9:51am

Medical stuff different type of superglue surely ?

EDIT: nope pretty much the same gear

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 10:33am

I recently got hit by my board in the mouth and put three of my lower teeth through my lower lip, the only way to stop the bleeding was to super glue the outside of the holes, the medical stuff is water based so it can't get wet. It stung shit loads, normal glue would be extreme pain.

KR Beast's picture
KR Beast's picture
KR Beast Tuesday, 24 May 2016 at 12:29pm
crustt wrote:

I recently got hit by my board in the mouth and put three of my lower teeth through my lower lip, the only way to stop the bleeding was to super glue the outside of the holes, the medical stuff is water based so it can't get wet. It stung shit loads, normal glue would be extreme pain.

Hope it hasn't damaged your good looks and handsome head !!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha