Dean Morrison at it again

staitey's picture
staitey started the topic in Monday, 29 Feb 2016 at 8:34am

Now I know this topic to some may be like complaining about the heat in Alice Springs but here goes anyway.

Was out on the Snapper stretch on Saturday afternoon. Smaller than I thought it was going to be, barely any sweep so crowds were in full force…..no worries Saturday at snapper what do you expect?

I was paddling around for quite a while looking for any wave to get me down the point when a reform white water came my wave, I was on the inside sweet! Got up, wave began at little marley and grew into this absolute dream race track. Got about 30m down this gorgeous beast and someone with a Mad Huey's sticker decides it was his turn, looking closer I realised it was Dean Morrison. I screamed every world appropriate for such an act, he decided to turn around and yell at me and when the wave began to barrel I got faded and caught inside and he………..well, he probably got shacked of his dial for the 30th time that day whilst I was left floundering on the inside wondering if that could've been one of the best waves I've ever had……

……Ok so suffice to say I had a shocker for the rest of the session and left to go home a little dejected. We've all had this, you either get a few screamers or you get nothing. But I think I was most disappointed at Dean and all the other pros out there. The extent to which they were going to to deprive average joe's like myself waves was out of control!

I saw Fanning, Parko, The Huey's (Deuy and Lewie in tow) snake and drop in on normal punters on nearly every wave they caught. One of Brent Dorrington's tactics was to drop in and stay high, hope the guy would just give up. If he didn't give up he'd bide his time above the wave's true owner and when he spotted a barrel section would pick up speed to get in front and once in the pit the poor bloke on the inside has no chance. I saw the Hazza's do this as well double dropping in on blokes!

But anyway that's my rant. Deano if you're reading (ha, that's a joke course you can't) you are as despicable as every person on other forums has attested to following similar episodes caught on camera.

What can we do???

james10's picture
james10's picture
james10 Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 2:10pm

I have had plenty of other surfers drop in when they didn't think I would make the section but I did. Is that a valid excuse? I guess when guys like MF, dingo take any wave they want and say “Whatever happens in the water, happens in the water” others are going to follow their lead.

flatfoot's picture
flatfoot's picture
flatfoot Friday, 12 May 2017 at 7:34am

I'm not condoning it at all, but I think its partially just becasue of the crowds. If its mental and someone isn't going to make a section its understandable having a look at it.

thomas11's picture
thomas11's picture
thomas11 Friday, 12 May 2017 at 8:03am

I like the idea of a categoric thread of pro drop ins. But just a documentation, keep the discussion reply for this thread or another.

Keep it simple -

Surfer - Mick Fanning
Place - Superbank
Conditions - Pumping
Short description - Was on a freight train and Mick Fanning dropped straight in.

I won't start the tread as I have no story, very rarely will you see a pro anywhere near where I surf 90% of the time.

stoner's picture
stoner's picture
stoner Friday, 12 May 2017 at 2:12pm
joeyjojo's picture
joeyjojo's picture
joeyjojo Friday, 12 May 2017 at 2:57pm

saw this on another forum a while ago.....
Reasons to "Burn"; feel free to add your own:
I’m a local
I’m in the board riders club
I’ve lived here for 10 years
I’ve lived here for 5 years
I just moved here
I surf here on the weekends
I surf here every holidays
I’ve been sitting here for 10 minutes without a wave.
I’m spono’d
He won’t make it
I’m better than him and he’ll just waste it
He’s a booger
He’s a mal ridder
He’s a cripple
I’ll take this one cause im going in
I know him
Everyone else is doing it
I shaped your board
I glassed your board
I sanded your board
I’m a pro and it’s my job
You blew the last set
Ill flick off if he makes it
I dint see you
I didn’t hear you call me off
Im bigger than you
“It’s called respect”
You faded my mate
I’ve never seen you here before!

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 12 May 2017 at 4:32pm

haha , the rule book was torn up long ago at Snapper, but its hardly just the pros . I can understand getting pissed off at them dropping in at cruisy breaks, but at Snapper even the pros are fair game , theres 12 year old kids there who've burned the likes of Slater, dont get mad , get even.

Luke G's picture
Luke G's picture
Luke G Friday, 12 May 2017 at 5:22pm

Tell ya what those SUP's are starting to get annoying...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Apr 2018 at 7:35am

Dean Morrison -Wave Of a Lifetime....new business
Going to need those New found boxing skills Dingo to pull this off
FiFo surfcoach lessons - WTF
Is Penong on the o.k. list Dean ....heard theres a really nice Righthander there ?

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 12 Apr 2018 at 8:44am

??? udo

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 12 Apr 2018 at 8:52am

crustt..Its Dingos new business - Wave of a lifetime.

John Eyre's picture
John Eyre's picture
John Eyre Friday, 13 Apr 2018 at 4:09am

Nope not on the list udo ....maybe half a century ago.....in ancient times of old......nowadays....its further to the West...

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Friday, 13 Apr 2018 at 6:36am

Found it, sounds really stupid. Still he my get takers for the day on a jetski for $500

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 13 Apr 2018 at 9:35am

Awesome crustt,gonna hire him to tow me next time the super banks firing, $500 is cheap as the fine will be that much......might even get to drop in on parko......