indo forecast

jamespanderson's picture
jamespanderson started the topic in Thursday, 12 Jan 2017 at 9:20pm

Hey Craig, do you reckon we could get a forecast for the Bali region for the upcoming period?

Cheers

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 1:09pm

Hey James.

Just a quick one, but the large groundswell hitting WA will arrive for Sunday, with 6ft to occasionally 8ft sets at magnets. Mostly 6ft though.

The new swell for Wednesday afternoon/Thursday is another good one, a touch weaker and smaller, with sets to an inconsistent 6ft or so again due across magnets, easing slowly into the end of the week.

Winds are from the west so you'll be best off on the East side.

Squidy's picture
Squidy's picture
Squidy Wednesday, 8 Mar 2017 at 8:01pm

Hi Craig,

Heading off to Simeulue late March/early April, just wondering when you start doing the Indo forecasts. With more and more people heading there for the off/early season a few forecast would be great.

Cheers

squidy

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 9:27am

Hi Squidy, usually end of March/start of April but I'll be on holidays then, so probably early April. Remind me again and I can give you a quick run down.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm

Holidays in Indo? Hence no forecast until you return Craig? ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 3:15pm

Squidy's picture
Squidy's picture
Squidy Monday, 20 Mar 2017 at 10:47pm

Hey Craig,
Quick forecast for Simeulue if your around. Heading there this Wednesday.

Squidy

the chase's picture
the chase's picture
the chase Tuesday, 21 Mar 2017 at 12:55am

Hey been in simeulue last few weeks. Its been great so hard to put a size on it. One side off the island might be 2ft the other 6ft. The wind changes by the hour never know. So many breaks some don't even have names if you go exploring. Very isolated enjoy

Booka78's picture
Booka78's picture
Booka78 Wednesday, 12 Apr 2017 at 1:05pm

Hi Craig, I'm heading to Bali on sunday & trying to work out the best location to stay but am confused by the modelling! The models for Ulu's are saying 5ft today but when I look at the surfcam (impossibles) it looks to be struggling at around 2ft. Most of the time Im there the models are saying 6ft however judging by the cam's this does not relate to solid waves down at bingin or balangan. Would like to avoid crowds however looks like Ulu's or southern breaks might be the only option. Is the model seriously overcooking things or are the other bukit breaks too sheltered?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 12 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm

Hey Booka, our models line up well for more exposed breaks, like Nusa Dua etc (even though labelled Uluwatu).

Today's swell though is super super inco and I'd expect 3-5ft Ulus or so.

Will have a comprehensive forecast tomorrow.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 12 Apr 2017 at 1:33pm

Oh also yes the inside Bukit breaks are sheltered from south swells. Just checked then and saw a 3ft set at Impossibles. I'd head to Temples/Secrets or Nusa Dua from Sunday to get the most size, then keep an eye on a larger swell late week.

Booka78's picture
Booka78's picture
Booka78 Thursday, 13 Apr 2017 at 1:26pm

Thanks craig, gonna stay on the west coast bingin & padang, winds look light so maybe some south coast breaks early in the week. Will let you know

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 13 Apr 2017 at 2:08pm

Awesome, good luck!

Booka78's picture
Booka78's picture
Booka78 Wednesday, 26 Apr 2017 at 1:18pm

Hi Craig,
Forecast was pretty spot on thanks, surf was in 6ft range at ulu's on wednesday/thursday morning with some bigger 8ft sets. With the amount of brazzo's in the water though due to the cheap flights it is better trying to avoid ulu's now untill it gets bigger & spreads the crowd -absolute shitfight. Had a fun surf by myself down at Nyang Nyang on tuesday in the 3ft range also surfed Nusa Dua & padang padang on sunday before flying out - 3ft on the set.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 26 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm

Good to hear Booka! Bummer about the crowds.

james10's picture
james10's picture
james10 Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 2:35pm

Anyone off to Simeulue next week? I am staying at the Simeulue surf resort. 1 week there and 1 in Nias. Any tips and what is the forecast?

james10's picture
james10's picture
james10 Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 5:02pm

Sick any spots you would recomend

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 5:47pm

Kuta