Longboard Help

Thommo84's picture
Thommo84 started the topic in Sunday, 16 Sep 2018 at 6:48pm

Looking to add a longboard for all those crappy days that seem to frequent up here in SEQ.

After something for the points but also some crappy beachies just for some fun.

Anyone got any recommendations on shapers and style?

feral-dave's picture
feral-dave's picture
feral-dave Monday, 17 Sep 2018 at 8:57pm

i make pretty decent longboards... diversesurf.com.au for a custom.. or some good priced stock board shapes of mine in at sideways...

Womble123's picture
Womble123's picture
Womble123 Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018 at 8:24am

also try Mark Pridmore at MORE surfboards. I've had a few shortboards off him that are great, esp the Quadfathers. Mate just got a beautiful longboard from him and is delighted.

Tony Jack Clancy's picture
Tony Jack Clancy's picture
Tony Jack Clancy Sunday, 21 Jul 2019 at 7:27pm

My own like is for the rocker that suits me, wide board with narrow rails. Essentially if it looks good and well proportioned it probably is good. Heaps are around second hand.. a Bobby Brown in Victoria just sold on eBay for $10.90!. That said in SEQ, and not in any way detracting from other replies, I'd talk with Neal Purchase jr. down at 18 Hawker St Currumbin ([email protected]) and discuss where you are with your surfing, let him visualise you and take his advice. He may have just the thing new or second hand or shape one for you. I have no idea of your dimensions but I reckon working a design on a board around 8'2-8'6 will perform well in any conditions.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 21 Jul 2019 at 11:24pm

Thommo are you going to ride it like a longboard or basically surf it off the tail?

aria chris's picture
aria chris's picture
aria chris Monday, 24 Feb 2020 at 9:15pm

I dont know you still want or not, but I personally bought longboard for my self from reeCoupons, in fact, 3 months ago I bought a new one for my self if you still want to buy longboard I recommend you once check there, their boards are quite cheap as well and quality is also good, so you dont need to afraid about these things. Hope you will find there.