Bamboo inlay fins

samerubi's picture
samerubi started the topic in Tuesday, 23 Feb 2016 at 8:18am

hi, i need to replace my favourite fins.
the "model" is available in either hexcore/rtm or bamboo inlay.

So my question is does anyone have experience with hexcore vs bamboo in the same/similar template?

i am interested in hearing whether anyone could notice if the flex pattern is different or, failing that, whether in general if bamboo inlay fins are either stiffer or more flexible?

thanks in advance

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 1:18pm

Bump. Personally I have only tried bamboo rasta quads, they go well but I can't tell the difference. They only come in bamboo. So this is just a bump of a post to get it on front page.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 6:12pm

Obvious choice is try bamboo then . Havent tried them but this is clear & simple that bamboo is the best option . I mean hexcore is crap so wat do u have to lose ? Theres a rasta & a machado bamboo model out so theres proof they work

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 6:33pm

Anyone damaged a bamboo fin..? a friend swears his set { not sure of brand] were only a thin veneer over a hex like core and not solid bamboo.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 6:49pm

That be typical , these replica fin manufacturers are always trying to fool the punters

samerubi's picture
samerubi's picture
samerubi Monday, 29 Feb 2016 at 10:57am

i haven't found anyone who has an objective opinion.
The decline in availability of bamboo fins suggests there is no advantage commercially and the lack of professional take up suggests there is limited performance advantage.

samerubi's picture
samerubi's picture
samerubi Monday, 29 Feb 2016 at 11:00am

btw i went with hexcore again.
something about old dog new tricks - that and i dont want to be viewed as an eco-warrior