Bow down to the leader

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid started the topic in Monday, 8 Oct 2018 at 7:28pm

This is one of the creepiest and most disturbing photos/ articles about Australian politics I’ve seen, the head of our country, (at the time) subservient to his master.

There are no doubts now as to why there was such a backward step made in regards to funding the sciences while Abbott was prime minister and why the catholic school system recently got such a large funding commitment.

John Howards master stroke was to start off the privatisation of so much of previously government run services and putting a large portion them in the hands of the churches. Employment services, health care, education, etc. means billions of taxpayer dollars go to the churches….tax free

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/the-bishop-s-ring-catholic-leader-s-...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm

Remember these freaks?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/revealed-how-exclusive-brethren-...

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/tony-mccorkell-reveals-secrets-of-the-w...

"The church first came to public attention in 2006 when it was revealed the group had raised and spent $370,461 to influence the 2004 election on behalf of John Howard, with whom they were close."

Hmmm, when did Howard change the Marriage Act again?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pm-targets-gays-in-marriage-law-20040528...

Coincidence, surely?

Howard, the 'unflushable turd' strikes again!

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 7:43am

That’s a pretty good return on investment if that is all they spent.

And now we’ve got a commission into aged care so more opportunities for the churches coming out of that. As the article alludes to, the church is up to its neck in aged care as well

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 9:20am

This is what the god-bothering Morrison is hiding from us until after the Wentworth by-election. Kerry Phelps must be feeling pretty sick now with her decision to preference the reactionaries first.

Plans to legalise discrimination in publicly funded and tax exempt religious schools.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/religious-freedom-review-ensh...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 12:10pm

Calling them reactionaries just makes you sound like a beret wearing , spotty faced arts student.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 12:24pm

You know what a reactionary is comrade and how does the term not accurately describe the vast majority of politicians in the LNP at a federal level?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 12:33pm

Maybe it just sounds like that to you, Blowin?

Like how you might sound like an 'apologist' to others?

Anyway, what would you refer to them as?

Thesaurus at the ready!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 12:37pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm

Fuckwits suffices nicely.

PS Did your mum help you with that outfit , Guy ?

PPS Who am I an apologist for ?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 2:21pm

fliplid ...(google - oral sex... exact same xxx photo) Bitter re-flux of raw onion!

Silver spoon for beggars banquet bowl really does beggar belief.

Church selects top 'o'town...Govt's shout! Then lay out the spread.
Church instructs next conversion outpost to invade & pre-bills for Beachside Convalescing
Church instructs covert invasion for Stolen Generation and another wingman please.
Did your folks meet at the Church Hop or sacrifice children to Sunday School scouts.

Old Church gains heritage order just in time for centenary grant.
Town on your door an offer too good from whiteshoe border reshuffles Heritage disorder.
New hi-rise basement Church qualifies as state of the art Tsunami /Flood/Fire shelter.
Don't be stupid! Not for you and me but for God's chosen few...wait'n'see!
Church/Halls/Nursing Homes/CYC quick hurry fall into line for School Hall funding Time.
Church Nursing Homes are sickest of all needing max payout is yet another wake up call.

No longer afford an inquiry for everything they say & do. If only they'd listen to me & you!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm

Blowin, why don't we meet up for a drink

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 3:06pm

Haha !

After all these years.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 2:40am

In 1973 Oz was 1st to have Female + Civil Celebrants now accounting for 4/5 of weddings.
Since 2004 Liberals barcoded all babies nullifying ALL church christenings.
Despite being least relevant the Church thrives on the heavily taxed openly Gay Purse.
Sanctimoniously instructing Government to prohibit gays parading their Purses in Church.

Only churches sanctioned incessant male unions at the alter! None of age to spell marriage!
Town's Church desecrated by unholy homosexual rape...{R.I.P} Poor tormented souls
Sanctimoniously post plebiscite PM nods a man loving his fellow man rates as biggest sin.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 5:23am

Rome isn't the head of the Christian church...Jesus is. Rome is far from living a true Christian life and that is seen in its fruit. We all have a Christian name , all live in the Year of our Lord 2018 and when we die ,usually all end up in a church somewhere. The life of the Christ reset history and brought into society all the good things we now cherish. We just forgot who started it all. Regarding schools, The bible clearly states that homosexual behaviour is not natural and against the nature of God (Romans chapter 1...verses 20-32). All people should respect the choices of others and even God himself allows us to choose our own paths. We do not have to follow Him if we don't want to. Freedom declares that my child can go to a Christian school and learn the ways of God without outside interference, just as Gays and others can teach their kids their ways freely and send their kids to schools where they are comfortable. This is a free society at its best and anything else is pure Nazism where the views, lifestyle and teachings of others are forced upon you. Live and let live. Let everyone enjoy their lives and do what they want, vote for who they want, run their schools how they want because there is a place for everyone, just find where you fit in and are happy.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 7:18am

Italy and especially Rome are remarkable places, if you haven't been you must. I too have visited the Vatican (grotesquely opulent) but if you only see one ancient building while in Rome it has to be the Pantheon. 2000 years old and complete except for its copper facade that was stolen by the Catholic church to melt down to form the canopy over the altar in St. Peter's. Thieves!

Freedom of religion allows us all to practice our belief without fear of prosecution (a very good thing) but it doesn't mean religions can lobby government to make laws that will allow them to legally discriminate against others. This is especially so in schools that receive massive taxpayer subsidies and tax exempt status.

This was always going to be the next battle ground after we overwhelming voted for SSM.

Given the ultra conservative political and religious/god bothering views held by a large number of LNP government members this issue has the potential to rip the government apart (also a very good thing so standby after the Wentworth by-election).

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 7:32am

“Rome isn't the head of the Christian church.…” that’s correct, it is just the global head quarters for the catholic franchise

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 8:17am

get the churches to pay tax. vote 1 davetherave. well said optimist, but i think yeshua ben joseph would not have had a priority of being the head of anything. he went to great lengths to say that we are all christs, the christ spirit lives within all of us. when we realize that, we treat all others with kindness because everything is the creator being the creation. i love life and life loves me.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 9:58am

Here you go dave ... going back here Sgt Peppers

We were talking, about the space between us all
And the people, who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late when they pass away
We were talking, about the love we all could share
When we find it, to try our best to hold it there, with our love
With our love we could save the world, if they only knew
Try to realize it's all within yourself, no-one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
And life flows on within you and without you
We were talking, about the love that's gone so cold
And the people who gain the world and lose their soul
They don't know, they can't see, are you one of them?
When you've seen beyond yourself
Then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 10:15am

“Do you you believe in god and the words that preachers pray. Seen myself in a still calm pool and heard a donkey bray”

Simple Ben from Morning of the Earth

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 11:20am

I believe Gibby Haynes via the Ministry said it best:

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Ding dang a dong bong bing bong
Ticky ticky thought of a gun
Every time I try to do it all now baby
Am I on the run
Why why why why why baby
If it's so evil then?
Give me my time, with all my power
Give it to me all again (wow)
Ding a ding a dang a dong dong ding dong
Every where I go
Every time you tell me baby
When I settle down
Got to get me a trailer park
And hold my world around
Why why why why?
Ding ding dong dong dong ding dong
Dingy dingy son of a gun
Half my time I tell you baby
Never am I all for sure
Why why why why why baby
Sicky sicky from within
Every time I stick my finger on in ya
You're a wild wild little town bitch
Now how 'bout ding a dang dong dong dong ling long
Dingy a dingy dong a down
Every time you tell me baby
When I settle down
Got to get me a trailer park
And hold my world around
Why why why why?
In my dang a ding a ding a ding dong
A sticky sticky son of a gun
Ding a danga danga dong dong ding dong
Why why never know
Why why wack a dong a dang ding dong
Then you take it on the bill
Ding dang dong don't dong
Whoa!
I want to love ya!
Why why why, why why darling
Do you do you tell me to play?
Half the time I talk about it all now baby
You know what I'm talkin' about I said
Why why why it'll
Ticky ticky ticky ticky son of a gun
Ding ding dong a bong bong bing bong
Bing bing bang a bang a bang bing bong bing a bing bang a bong
Binga bing a bang a bong bong bing bong bing banga bong
Bing bing bang a bong bong bing bing binga binga banga bong
Bing bing bang a bang bang bing bong
Ding dang a dang bong bing bong
Every time I try to do it all now baby
Am I on the run
Why why why
It'll ticky ticky ticky ticky ticky ticky
Dawn of a gun
Bing bing bang a bong a bong bing bang a
Bing bip bip a bop bop boom bam
Ticky ticky through the day
If you got a doubt 'bout baby
The memory is on the bed
Why why why why why
Darlin' uh it don't know
When my time is on
Might tell me never do it on his own
If my time was all as is yours
Make me burn a wish
When my time with you is brutish
No I'll never not ever
Why why why why why why baby heavy hell
Alone and it's here it's this thunder
The thunder oh thunder
Oh!
Jesus built my car
It's a love affair
Mainly Jesus and my hot rod
Yeah, fuck it!

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 11:58am

joan osbourne- what if god was one of us
just a slob like one of us

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 11 Oct 2018 at 12:12pm

The fact remains that historically Religious Schools can & do condone homosexual acts.
We 1970's kidz knew as fact that Religious Schools 'harboured' gay students/teachers.
Yes! I attended both public/religious. Yes! Gays had a fighting chance in Religious Schools.
Always religion housed Gays... to argue otherwise is an outright lie... Now Gays are outcast ?

Public school families don't object to funding Religious Schools that preach love to all.
Public school families now complicit by bankrolling Religious school pedo teachings. {R.I.P}
Public school families now pay for religious schools to outcast unholy cadet sex slaves.

No more paying for crimes! Enough...We will not pay for church/state to lock up/out kids.
Oz Churches pride spending our money for more evil purpose than devil can dream up.
Oz families will bankroll Nazis or whatever just please stop your God hating Oz School kidz.
This is not a sermon just one of 100 million requests to end religion's ongoing war on kidz!
Backdate school kid harm apology to say 50 years...and world will agree your God exists!

Until then any kid/teacher any school any day of the week never again Gods chosen few.
Note: Gays pay for your church alter to be put to a more holy use...Amen to that!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 12 Oct 2018 at 12:31am

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 12 Oct 2018 at 7:45am

So you can be kicked out of school for being homosexual but you don’t get kicked out of the church for molesting a child. Seems a bit one sided to me

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 12 Oct 2018 at 7:59am

Aaah! Ministry factotum! What a band! "The Land of Rape and Honey" 30 years on and never sounded better.