Selling the farm

unreelkneel's picture
unreelkneel started the topic in Sunday, 6 Aug 2017 at 8:43am

Why do I feel a little strange seeing a drone ad selling 200 Bones road Bells Beach with my morning coffee & surf check, progress I suppose!

Mort's picture
Mort's picture
Mort Wednesday, 9 Aug 2017 at 10:33pm

I would buy it.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 10:20am

What were they asking?

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 3:07pm

Land for sale West of Adelaide, how did that get approved without any objections

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 3:37pm

How far west? Been plenty land for sale across many interesting coastal stretches over the last fifteen years.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm

very far, where the boating conditions are fowl, 100 acre blocks right on the coast

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Thursday, 10 Aug 2017 at 5:04pm

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 9:18am

I saw those blocks a month back leroy, at least I think I know the one you're referring to. Cheap too. Still not as cheap as just renting a place for a month or buying a campervan though.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 9:26am

Theres also another 8 or 10 just inland a bit being cut up.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 9:57am

UL - those blocks have been on the market for a long time. If my memory is correct, I recall they were asking around half a million about eight or ten years ago, and they're now less than a fifth of that price. I believe a consortium of Melbourne business people initially bought 'em up.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 10:27am

You have to drive past way too many other good places to get there to consider buying a patch of dirt that remote.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 10:53am

I didn't recall seeing any signage last time through there so presumed they were new listing, sounds like they have been on the market for a while now then. It would be nice but you'd want a pilots licence or fuel sponsorship if only using as a weekender

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 11:04am

Mention of 2007 in the sales vid And as Ben said pricing from that time was around $295k

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 11:08am

Amazing stretch of coast but as Gaz says, you're driving past a lot of great waves. 

I suspect this region will appeal to a handful of well-heeled fishers. There's a handful of shacks on the coast a little further east where the track comes in, and I gotta say I was pretty envious of their setup last time I drove through.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 11:17am

They have huge pieces of land for sale and similar setups about 400 km closer to civilization if you look around. And they also have a $4.5 bil mine opening up 200 k from there with 2000 jobs alleged to follow if you catch my drift...

They've been advertising drive-in drive-out rather than FIFO.

There's opportunity a-plenty at the moment in the area if you look into it. 10 years from now the breaks could be packed and we'll all be kicking ourselves for missing out. It's cheap now but who knows for how much longer. It's a special part of the country & relatively unknown but that window is slowly closing on us.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 12:48pm

Be interesting to see if the Iron road gets up and running, alot of extra distance to Asian markets compared to ore coming out of the Pilbara

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 11 Aug 2017 at 2:03pm

@leroy its definitely interesting watching the whole thing go round in circles.

Centrex has the property from the proposed sheep hill port on the market now that Cape Hardy is going ahead. I've heard from a few locals in central EP that things aren't all rosy amongst the Iron Road camp either, however I think its still only a matter of time. There's a fair whack of Olympic Dams ore going through Port Adelaide so central EP probably isn't much further, and Cape Hardy will make it even closer again. We've heard all this before though so time will tell.