Trump

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 6:06pm
benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 12:08pm

strewth, it does make me wonder what people think of me, when a declaration that "we elites" are so humble etc, is easily read as serious.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 12:15pm

The usual suspects need a trigger warning for certain right-on buzzwords.

"When I hear the word "elites", I reach for my gun!"

Yeehaw!

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 12:36pm

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 2:31pm

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 2:32pm

“When people go to church, they feel part of a congregation. They feel special. They have rituals; when the fans sing (INXS’) Never Tear Us Apart, it’s spine-tingling stuff.”

Kochie IS da prez!

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 5:36pm

"Post truth", word of the year

Ban on "fake news" sites

Alt right Twitter accounts purged

When the left finally realise their media propaganda industry is broken

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 6:30pm

ah, it's amusing to see the right embracing the relativism and anti-reason of post-modernism. the quadrant set must be having conniptions.

reason and the grand traditions of western culture that the right used to blather on about as marking us as superior to those lesser races and cultures was abandoned to avoid accepting global warming. amazing how they are willing to jetison two-thousand years of culture and history for a few grubby dollars.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 6:31pm

Trumpy no like Kochie?! Kochie no like Trumpy?! Huh?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 6:52pm

it would be funny except for the fact that relativism is a cancer of the left, the right will embrace it about the same time as you convince the world that there are hundreds of different genders.

typical leftist, we don't like/agree so it's unreasonable, post truth, in fact I'm gonna make up some blab about jettisoning culture for grubby money, says the free shit army.

Full round of applause for the clever girl
https://www.facebook.com/OverpassesForAmerica2/videos/1121866431186022/

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 6:53pm

American Future Fund advert. Hmmm, who funds them? Yo, it's Kochie! Kochie no like Trumpy?! Trumpy no like Kochie?! Huh?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 6:54pm

He's calling out everyone ey turkey, I reckon you'll be coming around to the Donald soon enough. Floyd too, he must be loving that he's made a point of dropping all lobbyists from his cabinet.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 7:21pm

Earth calling Kochie...come in, Kochie...no lobbyists to see here, hey? Hahahahahaha. Donald Gump is even chucking a bit of nepotism in there for good measure!

Geez, Nick Nick Nick is more with it. Freedom! Draining the swamp! Parp!

SWAMP!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 7:34pm

Things go better with Koch?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 8:05pm

I've been with it since I read all your tl:dr articles turkish, after reading the one on the alt right I feel like I'm with the in crowd. shame your establishment mouthpieces want to ban all that, get em trumpy!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 8:49pm

Latest out of the US senate suggests Trumpy is going to suffer some severe disappointments along the way. The filibuster looks certain to survive which will allow the democrats to block significant parts of any legislation Trump initiates. Nor is there any sign of the Republican heavies stepping up to support him. My odds? 50% for impeachment within 2 years.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 9:11pm

.........meanwhile, back in Oz, let's try not to vomit at the public licking of Trump's, no doubt impressive, arse by our current and previous PMs. At least the US has the imagination to elect original idiots. Ours can apparently only imitate and suck up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 9:36pm

You don't like the revised viewpoint on immigrant workers , BB?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 9:49pm
blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 10:21pm

The ventriloquist and her dummy.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 10:29pm

Speaking of "politically correct", it's hilarious watching fascists call themselves "alt right"..... Sound like "fresh frozen" to me..... Or "genuine imitation leather".....

Maybe they should call themselves the gutless right? No balls right? Or the claytons right? ( the facsist you have when you haven;t got a fascist)

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fascism

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 10:56pm

What's your opinion on the ( alleged and extremely coincidental ) change of political stance amongst Australian pollies regarding " guest " workers from foreign countries Blind'boy ?

Sheepdog - who or what is alt right ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 11:17pm

Anyone noticed how visibly taxing the strive to attain and hold power is on the fuckwits that seek it ?

Take a look at recent photos of Obama, Turnbull and Shorten and tell me that the pursuit of power isn't the pursuit of an early grave.

Then again , the career pollies that make it through their arduous ten year span look like well fed pigs in shit once they hit their retirement gravy years.

Bastards.

All of them.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Nov 2016 at 11:23pm

So are they fascists or not , Sheepy ?

Maybe they just need a passionate and blisteringly poignant speechwriter that will convey to the masses who they are and why they're the right people to lead them to salvation.

Do you think they could utilise the speech you wrote to draw the nation into your benevolent bosom ,Sheepy ?

LOL.

PMSL.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 6:36am

I note Turnbull made a 'passionate and blisteringly poignant speech' yesterday noting how we need to introduce fairness into the open markets model.

“To overcome the rising disquiet, we must ensure that the benefits of open markets deliver for the many and not just a few.”

Old Mal must've run short of time 'cos he didn't say anything about his planned corporate tax cuts or the scourge of corporate tax avoidance.

Hate to think it was just hot air...

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 7:34am

Stu, the corporate tax avoidance is a global problem.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 7:50am

I'll take a little fascism with my revolution if it means the alt right do what the lame left should have done eight years ago

blind faith idealism is out of date, it served, and continues to serve, no one well. Geez even the identity politics journal of the left (guardian) is questioning it's MO today, abject failure is a fantastic tool for growth

http
://www.businessinsider
.com/why-wall-street-should-be-worried-about-steve-bannon-2016-11?IR=T

http
://www.breitbart
.com/big-government/2016/11/17/week-steve-bannon-stole-progressives-anti-wall-street-thunder/

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 7:50am

"Stu, the corporate tax avoidance is a global problem."

Yep, but we live in Australia and Malcolm Turnbull is our leader. Hence it's a problem HE has to deal with.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 8:18am

There's some worried Wahhabi's out there... and that's a good thing

The change in tune from Turnbull and shorten, Russia talking nice, aboriginals discussing the debilitating effects of political correctness on the drum, not to mention Muslims doing the same, geez even Leigh sales had a dig last night

Where's al this bad shit the anti trumpers scared the children with? And they did scare the children, really really scare the children.... apparently ...maybe....

I thought misleading scare campaigns were the domain of the right ?

What's not to like?...It's been all good so far..... for now.... maybe....

http
://money.cnn.
com/2016/11/16/investing/trump-saudi-arabia-ban-oil-imports-opec/index.html?sr=fbmoney111616trump-saudi-arabia-ban-oil-imports-opec1033PMVODtopLink&linkId=31242651

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 8:22am

This Syrian girl has some interesting things to say.

https://www.facebook.com/SyrianPartisanGirl/

https://www.facebook.com/partisangirl?fref=ts

&feature=youtu.be

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 9:00am

Oh no, indo d!!!

you went down the paedophile occult route, I've been avoiding that to maintain the dwindling credibility I still have

If just half of the stuff out there is remotely true, there's been some twisted shit going on, I think a lot of it comes from a very right wing (questionable) perspective, but like the corruption, where's there's smoke there's undoubtedly fire... or at least a smouldering stinking compost heap of deplorability

That podesta cunt looks suss.... really really suss....just saying

Not to mention the wiener... and the 'Lolita express'.... power and money corrupts

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 8:54am

Our resident IPA representative is up early this morning - its been a big week for the junior cadet.

I note that the big argument here to reduce corporate tax is NOW because America under Donald Dumbfuck is doing it. Apparently to remain internationally competitive we need to do it.

Well if that's true some-one needs to tell the Nordic states, you know the ones with some of the biggest sovereign wealth funds in the world.

I also note Turn-bullshiter is now saying there will be winners and losers in the economy going forward, well its always been thus but traditionally Australia had good safety nets to help people and the neo-cons are busy trying to remove them "to encourage people off welfare". The neo-cons also privatised the training sector, is now fucked after the pillaging by billions of AUD by dodgy operators. Yep, lose your job, no meaningful retraining available and no meaningful welfare.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 9:43am

Yes, Stu, it is not only Turnbulls problem but The world. I assume you trust the Guardian news -
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/04/ato-taskforce-to-...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 9:57am

I'll believe the Google Tax when I see it, TB. Truffles isn't execting any return till 2019 - how convenient - and it comes on the back of repeated staff cuts at the ATO from that other Tony.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 11:15am

We are told privatisation and cutting red tape is the answer by the right ...... well, we have had billions ripped off by the private sector running career training programs; billions ripped off by fraudulent claims for child care subsidies because the Commonwealth handed monitoring responsibility to the underfunded and staffed State governments; we have had massive multi billion dollar losses of tax receipts by cheating multi nationals and the under funded/staff ATO are meant to police it; we have had a ABS fuck up the latest census after massive funding and staffing cuts ..................

and yet these jokers in Government expect punters in the electorate to cop even more tax cuts to business all the while seeing cuts to their standard of living, health, education ..... .... ....

No wonder people are angry and want to vote for dicks like Trump.

Hey Tonybarber, here's a question for you. Name one, just one, economy in the world where trickle down economic theory has led to an increase in the living standards of the average joe/jill. Just one Tones.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 11:15am

Blowie asks: Who is the 'alt right' (or is it 'alt lite')? Kochie reckons he's a member? InSypo has really drunken the Trumpy 'salty/syrupy flavoured water-ade'? Or is it 'Milo'?

Straight from the horses...whatever.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-...

“We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning.” - The Gump

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 11:42am

You had to find the longest article possible didn't ya?

On a site that disappointingly serves up 3 paragraph introductions as articles more often than not. It's a prick of a site btw, clunky as fuck with all sorts of issues

I'm not on board turkeyman, but if a power vacuum emerges, it will always get filled, the left created it's own power vacuum by not talking about stuff and these guys filled the void.

I don't like it, I'm just pointing it out

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 11:56am

The left talked about it, even marched on the issues - Seattle '99? APEC? - but fuck all people listened.

Gotta remember, politics goes where people want it to, and in Australia it's the aspirational swing voters who decide the fate of the populace. While globalisation was good for them the best the left could do - meaning the institutional left, the Labor party and whatnot - was hang on and try somehow to be relevant.

If they talked about trade protection ten years ago they would've been pilloried as yesterday's party.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 12:14pm

Don't forget the World Economic Forum protest in Melbourne, Sept 11, 2000! Biggest mobilisation of cops I've ever seen (and I've seen a few). Don't know about that? Now, why is that I wonder?

Corporate Media, the great disseminator!

And now, the US is trapped inside the biggest 'reality show' of all. They're all 'apprentices', whether they like it or not, AND THEY'RE ALL FIRED!

Time to shoot the 'messengers'? Corporate media is still the biggest game in town...for now.

As for that Breitbart pap, co-written by THE Milo, it's an interesting look into the mind-set. Deep narcissism. And Bannon is right there on the rump of Trump!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 12:15pm

Yeh, there's always someone on the left talking about stuff, and yep relevance comes and goes....fucking aspirationals!

But I'm talking about the great liberal internationalists of the left that haven't allowed a reasonable conversation about migration to take place for decades now. Instead of adapting to a changing world they bunkered down

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 12:28pm

Blowin writes "Sheepdog - who or what is alt right ?"

Fake naivety impresses nobody.

Blowin writes "Maybe they just need a passionate and blisteringly poignant speechwriter that will convey to the masses who they are and why they're the right people to lead them to salvation"

The masses? "They"?........ No the fascists ( alt right) dont need that.... You, Cock, Nick, ween, Disco biscuit have your messiah.... Seems Sypo is on the verge of joining.... But there's no need to try to win over a minority.... No need to appease the unappeasable....
And make no mistake, the facists are a minority, even though the clickbait addicted profit driven media and pathetic Australian pollies and jocks paint a different picture....
Estimates show that 231 556 622 Americans were eligible to vote in the 2016 election. Of those, lastes estimates are 134 457 600 voted. So around 96 000 000 registered voters did not vote (42%) .... On top of that, there are thsoe who couldn't be bothered to even register - latest stats have them at 92 815 000.
96 000 000 + 92 815 000 = 188 815 000............... That's right, 188 815 000 Americans did not vote..

So the non voters whipped the combined votes of Trump AND Clinton 188 815 000 to 134 457 600..

But now lets look at this so called "silent majority" of Trump to the non vote added to the democrat vote.
Clinton total vote , 60 319 493
No vote, 188 815 000.............. Total - 249134493

Trump total vote , 60 234 050

So...... Those that didn't vote for Trump - 249 million plus
Those that did vote for Trump - 60 million plus.. Out of 300 million people, Trump got 20% of the vote....
"Silent MAJORITY" my arsehole. More like loudest minority.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 12:52pm

Ressentiment: a psychological state resulting from suppressed feelings of envy and hatred which cannot be satisfied.

Been there, got the tee-o?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:10pm

You got a case of ressentiment warrior, is that why you keep whinging? Look it's not to say you won't get to protest again (and you've seen a few), someone will be there to pay for your free shit. Jeez it's not as if your living in Venezuela. Your favourite sources will still be pumping out the actual information, how's the slayage?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrissymahlmeister/anything-but-average?utm_ter...

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:23pm

So what your trying to say sheepshagger is that you took a whole day off work to come here and shitpost? Go back to work you bludger.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:27pm

Says the Centrelink Kid...or are you the general in Tones Green Army?

Things go better with Koch?

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:31pm

What's the preoccupation with this guy warrior? Sounds like your nemesis, whatever would you and Bernie and the free shit army do if a libertarian got his way? You'd be begging for a job in the green army.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:36pm

There is an interesting recent comment by Keating on Shorten - too far from the centre. I'm sure you able to get around paywalls to get to the detail.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:36pm

All it take's is one miscalculation.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:37pm

D'cock writes "So what your trying to say sheepshagger is that you took a whole day off work to come here and shitpost? Go back to work you bludger."

David H Koch's picture
David H Koch's picture
David H Koch Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 2:50pm

Poor form sheepshit, you do realise that using retard in the pejorative is offensive to downies and other mentally challenged people like social justice snuffy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soeren-palumbo/spread-the-word-to-end-the-...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 18 Nov 2016 at 3:01pm

"What's the preoccupation with this guy warrior? Sounds like your nemesis..." says the numpty that posts as (drum roll)...DAVID H. KOCH!

Kochie, ya coward-puncher, still no joy on the 'real' job front? Blame Malcolm. What about the US, comrade? Brickie? Swamp-drainer? Milo barista?