Bilge Shunter, I mean Blurt Shirter, I mean Bill Shorten.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 11:56am

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 11:57am

A total unit... And the worse thing is it's really hard to stab yourself in the back.... The Labor Party are truly Rudderless.....

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 12:18pm

Get out the latest Murdoch Poll, jangle the shiny shiny keys, look into my eyes, look into my eyes. Meanwhile...

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/23/tax-transparency-f...

https://independentaustralia.net/ashbygate

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/lachlan-murdoch-and-paul-whittaker-...

Nothin' to see here...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 12:35pm

Yeah I am intruiged by the Ashbygate affair. Been following it since it started, and there's a lot of unanswered questions. 

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 1:11pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Get out the latest Murdoch Poll, jangle the shiny shiny keys, look into my eyes, look into my eyes. Meanwhile...

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/23/tax-transparency-f...

https://independentaustralia.net/ashbygate

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/lachlan-murdoch-and-paul-whittaker-...

Nothin' to see here...

None of that matters when you have a backstabbing inept reminder of the rudd/gillard/rudd fiasco running the party...
Mr 15%......
Step down Bill, for the good of the party..... If your masterstroke is to attack 2 million smokers, if that's it, attacking rank and file laborites (smokers mostly being lower to middle class), give it away mate..... Rudd did that and got turfed when he was on 34%...

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 2:05pm

I'm convinced Shorten believes he can't win the next election and has no interest in doing so. But if the Coalition win control of the senate in 2016 this country will become unrecognisable from the one many of us grew up in.

I think Bill Shorten staying on in the job as opposition leader will ensure the upper and lower house's will go to the Coalition government at the next election.
If Labor care at all about the welfare of the majority of Australians who aren't filthy rich they cannot allow this to happen.

Shorten has to go.

Maybe the Labor Party are waiting till closer to the next election to start the complicated process of changing leaders which Rudd implemented following Labor's 2013 election defeat?
This would be to try and to nullify the ability of the Murdoch/MSM media monopoly to launch a relentless smear campaign on whoever takes over as we all know will happen?

Alternatively maybe Labor would prefer the Coalition to gain absolute control of both houses at the next election and bring in punitive new legislation the same way that Howard did with Workchoices following his 2004 election win?

Labor could then capitalise on the discontent to try and win the following election by offering to restore some of these rights but not to the same level as we have presently. And so the gradual erosion of the Australian way of life will continue.

This is surely the objective of those pulling the strings of both sides of our two-party system? David Suzuki once said that the Left and Right wing's of government are both flying the same bird?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 2:56pm

Howdy, yorko.... Been a few good waves here the past few weeks....

Shorten, Howes, and Gillard will not be judged well in 20 years time..... Rudd knocked over John Howard... Big BIG scalp.... Was at around 33% approval when rolled, with the help of Shorten.... Shorten then helped roll Gillard, who be memory was also at around 30%....... On the ABC this morning , they showed Shorten at a pathetic 16%...... If he thinks beating up on a minority (smokers) because they cost the taxpayer money (which is absolute bullshit btw) is just and fair , then that makes him no better the coalition, who also beat up on minorities due to the cost on "the taxpayer"...... Seen them do it with "illegals", single mums etc etc..... Shameful divisive copycat tactics by Labor..

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:43pm

Fuck, personality politics is a weird thing, ain't it? And getting weirder as we're getting dumber. And it's not even our fault entirely. The media in this country is a fucken disgrace. When channel fucken nine, the people's choice, have dropkicks like Pauline Hanson, Ray Hadley, and Lambie commentating on the Paris attacks for example, we're buggered. In fact, looking at Lambie and the other cross-benchers, fuck me drunk, have you ever seen a bigger shower of shit in your life? And these are the peanuts that are pulling the reins on the Libs?!

@sheeeepdog, funny how things seep in, even when you don't want them to or even know. Thanks Rupert and co.

Shorten has been smeared out of relevance. The media is drinking the Malcolm kool-aid. Labor's fucked.

Funny, in my political time in this country, personality politics only seems to go one way. I mean, I'm still scratching my head how the personality vacuum that was/is John Howard was ever elected, never mind revered. And how the ACTUAL FUCK Abbott, that bon vivant raconteur and charismatic man-about-town, got anywhere near the top job?? Must have been his policies, hey?

Media had nothing to do with it? Nah. The "backstabbing" "fiasco" that was the "chaotic" Rudd/Gillard/Rudd governments (erm, that with Gillard actually did some forward-looking shit that didn't just shit on the little people) dug their own hole. The MSM just reported diligently on it, yeah? Didn't effect my judgement in the slightest.

Actually, looking at those links from the Bassoon, Ashbygate? Sure I read about and saw that comprehensively covered at the time, when it fucken mattered?! The good old boys of the Murdoch special school having a wake for their man Tony. Even the names of the usual media suspects in that un-transparent list. Imagine the backlash if it got out how much tax they're paying/not paying??

Bring it on! X Factor the shit out of the parliament. Who's your text-vote for the Labor gig, Sheeeepdog? Who gets the Brown Logie?

As Yorkesurfer said, whoever it is, they're going to get pilloried by the MSM. And we can skip merrily off to US Corpo land happy ever after.

Like turkeys voting for Thanksgiving. Least we'll have cheap smokes.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:05pm

"Shorten has been smeared out of relevance."
No, turks'...... Shorten is a liability, a backstabber x 2, a poor media performer, a policy vaccum, and only looked like a snot sandwich whilst shitburger Abbott was PM..

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:33pm

Sheepster, is that a direct quote from the Daily Telegraph? Or the Courier Mail? That's right, you're in SA now...gotta be The Advertiser!

So who's gonna lead the Labor troops that the above media types are going to luuuuurve? Or even kinda like? Or at least tolerate? Give the time of day??

Albo's been putting in the hard yards on the Today show.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:38pm
Sheepdog wrote:

"Shorten has been smeared out of relevance."
No, turks'...... Shorten is a liability, a backstabber x 2, a poor media performer, a policy vaccum, and only looked like a snot sandwich whilst shitburger Abbott was PM..

I'm feeling you don't like Shorten (just going by your Murdoch 7/9/10 reflux)?

Seems personal. You a Kev fan, hey? Queenslander?

I always thought Kev was a John Howard-lite for the 'aspirationals'. You know, the 'under-educated, over-mortgaged' McMansion brigade. In there to slowly wean people off the conservative right teat. Then jettison him for someone normal in due course.

That's where Labor fucked up. Should have ditched him when Kevvie piked it on the ETS impasse, and didn't call a Double-Dissolution. "Greatest moral challenge", Ruddy hell?! Piker. You'd agree with that, yeah? I mean, the "moral challenge" part?

Then with Gillard, I haven't seen such a naked and orchestrated effort by Murdoch and the gang to destroy a PM and a government since Whitlam. Funny, Gillard attacked the big end of town too. Even in the slightest, pretty piss-weak way. Mining tax. Carbon tax. See what ya get.

And the poor darling little Kevvie praying for a return, white-anting in the background. As you do.

Anyway, so Shorten is voted off the Survivor Island? Who's your top-dog, dog?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:34pm

"I'm feeling you don't like Shorten "
You're a fuckn genius, mate.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:41pm

Dunno how long you've been posting here, gobbler, I aint no fan of News' L.... Sir Murdock wanted Howard out and Rudd in..... he got it..... Rupert wanted Rudd out and Gillard in.... He got it.... Rupert wanted both of them out and Abbott in, he got.... Certain members aligned with Turnbull were seen meeting with Herr Murdock in the weeks before Abbott got rolled.... So Murdock got that too..... Even the herald sun and the australian were turning the screw on Abbott in his last weeks.....
As far as your entertaining crystal balling on whether I'm a kev fan, far from it..... But you don't roll a pm on 33/34% in his first term after being in opposition since 1996...... And Shorten still owns the knife....
Now I'm off for a ciggy whilst I can afford them ;)

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 4:11pm

Whoever gets the job the character assassination of future Labor leaders is well underway already. After Bronnie's choppergate scandal it didn't take long for Murdoch/MSM to take aim at Tony Burke for taking his school age kids to Uluru when he had official business there as Environment Minister.

After it came out that it was during school holidays and as a senior government minister he hardly had a chance to spend quality time with his kids the Murdoch smear unit focused on the fact his kids travelled business class with him.
Could anyone seriously expect his young kids to travel economy unsupervised while he would of needed to work on government business up the front of the plane?
Of course both sides of politics take their families with them sometimes on government trips, as do many senior executives in private businesses when their jobs require extended time away from family.

So Murdoch's hacks went further and accused him of some sort of travel rort for taking his wife on another work trip to Europe. Of course there was no substance to the accusations and Newscorp had to issue a public apology to Tony Bourke and his wife.
But the mud sticks. You can bet that Burke will be dogged by these smears if he has future ambitions to lead the Labor Party?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 4:16pm

Albo's your man gents … you gents give old Ruppie more credit (or otherwise) than you think. Whilst Ruppie's papers were ripping into whatever he supposedly wanted, what do reckon the other media forms were doing ? The times are a changing and so is the media influence.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 12:20pm

Gobbler. Ho ho. Sharp as a bowling bowl. I don't know what "ciggies" you've been inhaling, Sheeeeeeepdog.

Got a dog in the fag race, hey? That's why you give a shit?

As for Rupert, he's always looking to have a dog in all races. It keeps his pecker hard I guess. Dreams of power-broking. Which a) are a fact or b) aren't. Depending on what side of the fence you sit on. Or bed you got out of or in.

Rupe backed Gough. Then went nuclear on him. Rupe backed Blair. Ditto. Then Rudd. He likes to be a winner at all costs. And be seen that way. Who can forget his infamous mega-claim in the UK (that would put De Souza & Medina combined to shame) after backing the Tories shamelessly in the 92 election that "It's The Sun Wot Won It". Ever seen The Sun in the UK? It's the Daily Telegraph/Advertiser/Courier Mail/Herald Sun next year?! Now? Stay tuned for tits, boys.

But as he gets older, he gets more sloppy and more conservative, and the dreams of a power-broking legacy become more an end in themselves. It used to be purely business. It's becoming less so. Hands up, who wants the old cunt to die under the Jerry Hall bus?

So no opinion on Labor's preferred leader?

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 4:18pm

An interesting article on the Murdoch political-commercial complex:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/02/rupert-murdoch-aust...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 4:45pm
talkingturkey wrote:

Gobbler. Ho ho. Sharp as a bowling bowl. I don't know what "ciggies" you've been inhaling, Sheeeeeeepdog.

Got a dog in the fag race, hey? That's why you give a shit?

As for Rupert, he's always looking to have a dog in all races.It keeps his pecker hard I guess. Dreams of power-broking. Which a) are a fact or b) aren't. Depending on what side of the fence you sit on. Or bed you got out of or in.

Rupe backed Gough. Then went nuclear on him. Rupe backed Blair. Ditto. Then Rudd. He likes to be a winner at all costs. And be seen that way.

But as he gets older, he gets more sloppy and more conservative, and the dreams of a power-broking legacy become more an end in themselves. It used to be purely business. It's becoming less so. Hands up, who wants the old cunt to die under the Jerry Hall bus?

So no opinion on Labor's preferred leader?

"Got a dog in the fag race, hey? That's why you give a shit? "

No.

"So no opinion on Labor's preferred leader?"

Yes.. I've stated my opinion on who should be leader more than , ohh,,,,,, a dozen times over the past 12 months... That's why I queried how long you've been involved in the political threads here.... By your assumptions on my love for Rudd, my News L sponsorship, and my forming of the durrie dudes against billy boy party, not that long I take it?

Never "assume", Jive.... Do some background
http://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/81531

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 4:59pm

Jive gobbler.... Seeings you are the lazy type, I've done your home work for you..

On the 13th of June I wrote this..... "Floyd, I'm not falling for anything..... Shorten is a hack..... Blood of two PMs on his knife..... The Labor party stand for nothing.... They supported the coalition in silencing doctors on Xmas Is.... Metadata... Silent on mission creep....They are currently the "we can be cunts too" party......
I wish Shorten would vanish, and Tony Bourke or Mark Dreyfus or even Albo would take over....."

Now that Turnbull is in, considering I wrote that in June, I'd probably go Dreyfus..... It's all about match ups....

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 5:22pm

Buddy, who in their right mind is going to wade through some of the stuff on here? I had a look at a climate change thread and almost lost the will to live.

Background?! Hah! On who? You, 'tickets'? I'm not George Brandis. Or even a journo on 4 Corners. OR ACA! And sorry, I really don't think you're worth that kind of effort, buddy. Or any effort other than asking you here and now for your opinionated opinion, sheeeeeeeeeeeeepdog.

Too hard?

And unless you're using some kind of other nom de guerre, that link doesn't see your involvement on page 1. Hang on, you don't expect me to trawl through 56 pages? To see who you think should be leading the Labor party??

Fucken hell. Forget Rupe?!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 5:27pm

Fuck, that was hard. Dreyfus. Right.

Yeezus wept.

Homework!? Ho ho fucken ho. Delusional.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 5:39pm

Looks like sheepdags has finally met his match. Thank Christ for that.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 5:42pm

Sheepster, a choice of Dreyfus is from what perspective? Pure Personality Politics? He's a do-able option in the reality of the Labor Party structure? He's a right faction bloke like Bill. Being from WA, this makes him even further to the right.

But no union smear attached as he's a straight up lawyer.

Hmmmm.

It has to come to this?

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 6:04pm

@sheepdog

Maintain the rage!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 6:06pm

From an X Factor perspective:

Dreyfus is like a Turnbull lite. If such a thing is possible. Barrister v barrister/merchant banker.

I wonder who'll win that one?

Albanese v Turnbull brings up some class war.

We do like an underdog. Er, don't we? But he's gasp, working class. And a Pogues fan.

Who else on the front bench is in the mix? Plibersek? Burke?

Who in Sunrise/Today world cuts through?

For fuck's sake, LCD thinking. Rise above!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 6:22pm

Fuckn hell turkster, have a ciggy, and calm the fuck down...... Now that you've had your bipolar attack, tell me why you think Shorten should stay on.... Or who do YOU think should take over if you agree that shorten is useless, coz within the 500 plus words you've thrown up, you haven't mentioned an alternative... You just wanted my opinion... Glass of cement mate.... Who the fuck should be leading Labor?
" I had a look at a climate change thread and almost lost the will to live."...... You're not the first and wont be the last..... If you go to that thread again, 20 minutes before, try 3 shots of jack Daniells, 60mg of xanax, and a cafe creme cigar.......

Old dag.... Grab the popcorn like you usually do.... Front row, buddy... I know you like watching..... Your opinion on Shorten ? Any input? Didn't think so..

Shats, From what i've seen of Dreyfus, he's a steady performer... He's got a brain... He's pretty skilled in negotiations. Si I suppose it has come to this.... Mix and match..... It's a shame... Bit like Ali/smokin joe/Foreman.... paper scissors rock...... Joe could match it with ali, who shat over George, who wiped the floor with joe.... Different styles....... Dreyfus wasnt the man for Abbott, but Shunter aint the man for Turnbull..... Dreyfus could match him....... Just my opinion, bro...
But there's always good old Albo....... He'd save the furniture, but I dunno if he could win..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 6:25pm

Gday captain Braudulio...... Be very fuckn careful, buddy..... I have access to Huey Lewis on utube and I'm not afraid to use it....... This is your one and only warning..

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 7:34pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Gday captain Braudulio...... Be very fuckn careful, buddy..... I have access to Huey Lewis on utube and I'm not afraid to use it....... This is your one and only warning..

sheepdog, ya got me all misunderstood old china. I am on your side with this one.

And even if I wasn't, have you no humanity man? You can't be serious with a threat like that! You don't want to see a grown man cry,do you?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 7:51pm

Bring back Combet. With Doug Cameron as his offsider. Or vice versa. Who votes Labor anyhow? Wouldn't piss on most of them if they were aflame. Though I'd light the match that set the other mob ON FIRE! Oooops. Hope Brandis ain't monitoring.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 7:49pm

Policy is for wonks. Apparently. Huey knows. So does Patrick Bateman.

And Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, buddy, can you explain, well, most of that last post directed to us three stooges. Because it made fuck all sense. My bit kind of. Glass of cement bit was a tad weird. Old Dog (a relative?), fairly straight forward in its simplistic way. Much like your Shorten bilge.

But the Bassoon stuff? What the fuck? Ali, Frazier, Foreman. Huh? You punch-drunk or drunk punch?

Politics as X Factor/boxing. Anyone ever see that film Idiocracy? It's set in the future and the president is indeed a professional wrestler. Something to look forward to. Hang on, didn't we just have a boxer for PM?

We're there folks.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 8:15pm

There could be a glimmer of hope for Shorten's ambition to be prime minister yet?

Clownshoes Abbott and friends are plotting a comeback? A group of conservative MPs including Tony Abbott, Kevin Andrews, Andrew Nikolic, Michael Sukkar and Immigration Minister Peter Dutton are holding regular lunch meetings plotting strategies.

One unnamed Turnbull government minister said:

"Tony is in a zone where he can't accept what has happened, but the reality is, his destiny was in his own hands."

Another unnamed government minister asked:

"How long will it take for Tony to realise he isn't coming back?"

And another:

"They actually believe the public wants Abbott back"

The Murdoch/MSM media worked themselves into a lather when this sort of disunity was happening within the Labor government during the Rudd/Gillard years.

Not a mention on any of the television news bulletin's tonight?

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/angry-libe...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 11:55pm

It's time to shoot the messenger!

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 8:10am

what do you can a man with scissors, cutting a strip off the bottom of his power bill?
Bill Shorten

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 8:46am
Sheepdog wrote:

yes watch out braudulio you have been warned so be very fucken carefull buddy, if you do that again he might...... call you a bad name, or worse attach a youtube clip for you to not watch.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 10:33am

nah, it was so much fun getting stuck into abbott, you guys have lost the plot if you think BS will provide you with 1/2 the joy ....... get in the sea i say you are all starting to sound like grumpy old surf starved men

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 11:43am

Turkey baster... Sorry man..... Didn't realize you were Lee Kernaghan.... Respect.....
Now Greg Combivan aint coming back... So I'll ask again.... Who should lead the labor party?

Sickaz.... It was an in house joke... A reference to a post from a few days ago... Braud's got it.... I'll give you 6 out of 10 for your attempted joke, and I'm being generous... But the thing with humour, it's got to be funny.... ;)
Yorko..... As you know, mate, I'm a slightly left of centre floating voter.... But I will not vote for Shorten, or for labor in it's current state.... Here's the deal.... With the coalition, I do not agree in a broad sense with what they stand for..... But at least I know what they stand for..... I can therefore debate their stance... I can disagree.... But what the fuck does Shorten stand for? Was he against silencing doctors on Xmas island? No..... Was he against offshore detention of those fleeing our bombs? No..... Was he against Joining the Syrian civil war? No..... Did he end up caving on the China free trade deal? Yes..... Does he do exactly what the coalition does, by targeting minorities as a burden on the taxpayer? Yes....
I don't drink piss anymore... haven't for years and years..... But when i did drink, it was heavy's or nothing... Wouldn't have caught me dead holding a 4x gold..... So I won't be voting for "coalition lite".... you'll get the same effect but end up bloated and pissing too much....

Floyd... it aint about joy..... It's about not having another 3 years of coalition rule.... Who knows... They could call an early election, win it in a whitewash, then do a "shorten" on the more moderate Malcolm "Rudd"...... You just never know.... So it's imperative that Labor get their shit together, a fuckn quick, bro....

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 12:23pm

Oi, TT boy, can't believe you referenced that pic of Huey Lewis having a leak from the film SHORT CUTS (great film BTW)...and the mention of IDIOCRACY (another cracker film). Good stuff. Who are you? A garbage-man (re: BIG WEDNESDAY)?

Setting the personality politics aside, check the policy vacuum of the ALP. Sheepster, you get a chance to peruse this? Have a look at smoko. Take a break from subliminally absorbing the MSM narrative-gas floating around in the Great Australian Ether (GAE). Imagine if we could tax that!

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/australianlaborparty/pages/121/att...

There's only 240 pages of it.

Actually, while I'm here...I really missed the MSM 'assassination' lingo when Malcolm and Julie 'knifed' the PM Tony. In fact, as far as 'knifing' and 'back-stabbing' go, Julie Bishop must take the cake, surely? She's 'knifed' slash 'back-stabbed' Nelson, Turnbull, & Tony. Back-stabbing bitch? Lady Macbeth? Didn't I read those somewhere? Heard it on the telly? Or the pub?

Yeah, nah.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 2:45pm

sheepy, as you know I'm of the left but I think Turnbull is going a good job but, and its a big one, he hasn't made many big decisions yet. Any Lib leader that is pissing off the neocons like Turnbull is a goodin in my books.

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 3:36pm

Floyd, you've been hacked.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 3:59pm

Hey sheepster glad to hear you've been sampling some of the aquatic delights in your new home state.

Regarding your comments on the stance Shorten took on various issues during the Abbott years I think Bill felt compelled to try and make himself a small target by adopting a 'ME TOO' approach when grilled at press conferences about Abbott's latest thought bubbles so as not to be wedged by another Abbott stunt?

It seemed like some of Tony's divisive policy ideas were designed solely to try and wedge Bill Shorten? The media of course played along demanding Shorten write in blood what he would do in any situation despite being given neither the time nor information to make an informed decision. Shorten was then attacked for being too far to the right?

Was this the right strategy for Shorten to take? To his credit Bill stuck to his guns and was able to garner enough support(even if only by not being Abbott) to bring down a first term Prime Minister.

Contrast this to Abbott's time as opposition leader which was a policy free zone apart from his Coalition Real Action Plan (C.R.A.P) booklet? He was even allowed to get away with stating to Kerry O'Brian on the 7:30 Report that anything he said in the heat of the moment should not be taken as gospel unless it was written down?

The concern I have is that Bill has failed to really find his feet in a strategy sense to counter the Turnbull charm offensive? I'd love to see him reinvent himself and maybe even take on more of an aggressive attack dog role which came so naturally to Abbott? He just doesn't appear to have it in him?

Of course without the media support that was afforded to Abbott when in opposition, and even to former Labor PM Rudd (read Shat's link above: Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015 at 3:48pm ) he will remain the invisible man.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 5:56pm

Well, someone's on the ball, @Shatner. The people's poet/comedian - Turkey Baster, Greg Combivan = genius - Kevin Bloody Wilson, nah, Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, is again, sadly, a bit shit and miss.

Apart from being a self-professed country muzak aficionado and boxing 'heavyweight' scientist, he is of course, as we all know, a political behemoth. That is why I sought his counsel. Of course! I see it now! That is why the Labor party should seek it too.

In fact, that is why he has started this thread, yeah? So we can all gather together to learn at his learned knee.

Yeah, nah. Fuck that. Santa Claus, you fucken cunt, here's my fucken two cents worth.

A contest of ideas! I hear that bandied around a lot lately. In the media. Or is it the pub?

Politics is a shit-show. Surprise! But it does touch us all. And not in good ways. Kind of like a mate of George Pell's might. Wasn't Tony a mate of George? Anyway, I digress.

So we have all got a dog in this political race, whether we like it or not. And it seems the majority of Australians don't like it. Couldn't give a rat's. Until they do.

So they don't really 'follow' politics. They put up with it. They don't actively go out looking for politics to digest. They usually get doses of it force-fed to them on the TV 'news' or in the paper or on the radio. Or in the pub or hairdressers or surf or round the 'watercooler'. Funny, most of this latter 'news' is the partially digested regurgitations sourced from the force-fed doses of the former.

My point? The broadcast media has a fucken huge role in politics. Australia's MSM is fucken dire. Fuck, we learned how narrow and oligarchic it was back when I was in high school a millenium ago! This ain't new. This ain't news. The actual MSM 'news' has gotten sparser, dumber and more commercial though. Commercial means more $$$$. And when $$$$ gets involved in anything, it gets fucked. AND apparently this is the stuff the masses consume the most. Channel 7/9/10 news? What's in Murdoch's rags? The McDonaldisation of society?

And now politics has to engage through these corrupted channels? The Labor party has to pander to the owners and arbiters of this 'news' to 'cut through' and 'gain traction'? Those corporate, conservative, money-driven control freaks who want you, US, to shut up, tune in and off at the same time, and spend, spend, spend. Consume till death.

Any wonder the LNP is the natural party of corporate mainstream media? Any wonder some of the Labor policies are dragged to where they are, just so they can get 'traction' and 'cut through' and ultimately get a foot in the Lodge door?

Social Media and the Internet may change this state of affairs. It'll take awhile but hopefully not too long. The Corbyn case in the UK is interesting. All the MSM over there is agin him. Even the fucking Guardian, though for different reasons than say, the Sun or Daily Mail. He's starting to propose something approaching a true left-wing agenda. Is it scaring the corporates? Going by the media backlash, it's got 'em antsy. The Scottish vote in the general election shows a glimmer of hope. THAT scared the usual suspects. Fuck the corporate's media.

A hypothetical, an experiment:

What if Labor here just said fuck it, not going on or talking directly to Bolt, channel nine's Today, Sunrise, Skynews, the motley radio freaks up in Sydney, or the tabloid rags. Feed them PR statements and that's it.

Or even just played off the commercial rivals on their own terms. Appeared on one not the other. Shopped around for whoever's giving the 'best deal'.

Or just used the ABC. Because they are the Australian Broadcasting Commission. Unless you're touched in the head like our previous PM, that 'lefty lynch mob' crap doesn't wash. Witness the Malcolm love-in on there as we speak. I always thought the ABC was biased though - towards thinking. That's why Abbott pretty much boycotted it during his brief tenure, yeah?

So, suicidal? Crazy brave? Do-able and achievable?

Then maybe, just maybe, Labor can develop policies without cheap 'commercial' appeal because you don't have to sell them through cheap commercial outlets to cheap commercial consumers. You do it for what you believe is right not what's popular and think will get you voted in or out the Big Brother house.

'Punk' policies instead of X Factor shit. Are we, the great Australian public, capable of embracing this if given an option? A chance to taste a real steak sanga rather than another soggy Big Mac v HJ Whopper?

Oh yes, I have a dream people. And now, I'm hungry.

Now where's my fucking unicorn. Take me to the pub.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 5:36pm

Oh aint we brave or are we all just pissing in the flame's.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 5:47pm

@ Fraser, I like these geezers. Who's our equivalent? Hilltop fucken Hoods?

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:54pm

Huey's pissing in the creek...on a dead chick (see pic above).

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:26pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Floyd, you've been hacked.

Me not hacked SB, politics here has always been about the centre and Tones had us out in the far far far far right so good ole Malcolm Bligh Turnbull could be poo-washed and still look & smell better than the bone-head he replaced.

Apparently Tones is couch surfing at Peta Credlin's apartment .... wonder what Mrs Tones & the 3 daughters think of that? Can't let go of the job can't let go of the woman.

Mal Brough asked Palmer to bank roll Ashby's legal bill .... the plot thickens. That cur needs sacking.

Andrews & other neocon knuckle draggers are again calling for "boots on the ground"

Greg Hunt is still sing the praises of coal

................ and you guys think BS has problems

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:31pm
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:27pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Meanwhile in Mr Internet land:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/leaked-nbn-budget-...

oooooops, now we're talking, let the fun begin

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:38pm

Bahahaha.... I thought that was turkey baster in the pic!!!! Just glanced at it... Thought it was turkstar doing a lee kernaghan lookalike......

Ok turkey... some of your points;
"- And Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, buddy, can you explain, well, most of that last post directed to us three stooges. Because it made fuck all sense. My bit kind of. Glass of cement bit was a tad weird."

Well buddy, how does it feel to be the only one that didn't understand? The only one.......

Old dag/popcorn - Really???? You don't get it???? Seriously????? Fuck me.......... Look up "popcorn meme".... Or "Michael Jackson popcorn meme", possibly the most popular EVER meme in history..... Do you know what a meme is? No... Not marcel marceau.....

Foreman/Ali/Joe..... Do I really have to explain this? Why do i have to spoon feed you mate? Shats got it.... That's all I gave a fuck about..... But nice try with "the 3 stooges bit"..... You're on your own here mate... You're not the representative of shats or dag.....

And you've never heard "glass of cement"?.......... "Have a glass of cement and harden the fuck up" ????? It was a reference to your sooky lala dummy spit. I really think you need a glass of cement. and harden the fuck up, and answer the same question you made a big deal of...... who should be leading Labor? How many times have i asked you now? When I gave you my answer to the your same question you wrote "Fuck, that was hard. Dreyfus. Right. Yeezus wept." You only asked me twice.... Turkstar, I've asked you 3 fuckn times bro..... And if your answer is I don't fuckn care who leads Labor, Why the fuck ask someone in a thread on shorten? In fact, why even take fuckn part?

"My point? The broadcast media has a fucken huge role in politics."....
No shit, sherlock!!!! You really are a genius.... Thanks for that.... None of us would never have known...

"In fact, that is why he has started this thread, yeah? So we can all gather together to learn at his learned knee."...
Exactly.....And I'm glad you are learning.... It's never too late... I didn't start this thread to open up a discussion similar to Floyd's Abbott/Turnbull thread, to have an open chat about the woes of the Labor leadership... I started this thread to boost my own ego... I started it so I could kick back and chortle at troglodytes, as they "asume" this, and give us "their take" on stories already told 100 times... Who wants to look to the future when we can waffle about Rudd/Gillard/Rudd............Your interpretation of the Gillard/Rudd fiasco was slightly laboured, a mixture of Bazza Mckenzie meets Roy and HG.... it really didn't breathe any new insights into the whole sordid affair, but fans of Russel Coight probably enjoyed your short story..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:42pm

Shats..... I suppose the difference is , was Nelson or Turnbull mk1 PMs????? No... Just mere opposition leaders..... Shorten rolled a PM...... He then rolled a pm and replaced that pm with the pm he rolled first.... bahahaha........ Fuckn monty pythonesque....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 6:48pm

Yorko...... Bit of a drive from where I am, but well worth the effort..

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015 at 8:06pm

@sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, buddy, I don't wanna get personal but you're on meth, aren't you?

Sorry, scratch that, you may be on medication for ADHDD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Doggy Disorder)? Poor old fella.

Seriously, it's like you 'speed' read, concentrating only on the bits that refer to you, or you think do, or do do (paranoia, paranoia), and then 'speed' blurt a reply of sorts in defence. I stress 'in defence'. Because they're out to get you. Expose you. Call into question, what? Your knowledge? Your intellect? Your very identity as a sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog? This ultra-defensve and wounded reply is then such a morass of mess and misunderstanding and muddled meh, that to sift through it and BEGIN to straighten it and you out, is really an exercise of Herculean proportions.

Yes, your replies are like the fabled Augean Stables of yore. Full of every kind of domesticated animal shit known to humanity.

Is there a Hercules ready for labour? Could be the sub-title to your thread title!

I may be alone here, well, yes, according to the sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, but are these not the insecure bleatings of a scared man/dog?

"In fact, that is why he has started this thread, yeah? So we can all gather together to learn at his learned knee."...
Exactly.....And I'm glad you are learning.... It's never too late... I didn't start this thread to open up a discussion similar to Floyd's Abbott/Turnbull thread, to have an open chat about the woes of the Labor leadership... I started this thread to boost my own ego... I started it so I could kick back and chortle at troglodytes, as they "asume" this, and give us "their take" on stories already told 100 times... Who wants to look to the future when we can waffle about Rudd/Gillard/Rudd............Your interpretation of the Gillard/Rudd fiasco was slightly laboured, a mixture of Bazza Mckenzie meets Roy and HG.... it really didn't breathe any new insights into the whole sordid affair, but fans of Russel Coight probably enjoyed your short story..."

The close reader (me) senses insecurity behind this ironic facade. IRONIC FACADE. I'm spelling it out for you. The facade of self-confidence as thin as wallpaper. The cracks are more than evident.The truth will out! And you and us will be better for it.

(By the way, Bazza and Roy & HG, yes! The other guy, less so. My opinion)

Down to brass tacks, you're completely missing the point. And I've gotta run. So making it brief-ish.

Politics.
Policy is prime. Personality ain't. It should be thus.
It ain't. It ain't because the media plays it that way. Now more than ever.
Buying into this is playing the game they want us to play.
If you don't want to play their game,
how to change the game?

In the changing leaders game you propose sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog, and that the LNP just played (successfully in the media's and thus the great uninterested Australian public's eye), what policies and directions are changing/will be changed?

That's the thing, yeah? Not Combet or Cameron (As I mentioned before. I believe Dougie Cameron is still hanging around? Both lefties by the by) or Dreyfus or Burke (right on!) or Albo or Plibersek (shaking back to the left again. You do the hokey cokey etc).

Shoot the messenger!

(That ain't you, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepdog. Don't get para. Is that where the weirdness of the harden up, glass of cement man-crap comes from? Argument reduced to Kuta bumper sticker, brah)

Burp.