Guerilla War Carnage

prothero's picture
prothero started the topic in Saturday, 14 Nov 2015 at 12:46pm

Deepest Sympathies to the French , Have Relies in Paris.....Any organisations that support violence and death here should be shut down. locked up or booted out.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 11:45am

@Blowin (is that Blow-in or Blowin'?), you're Sheeeepdogs mate, hey? Anyway, got to say that comment's as messy and all over the place as a madwoman's shite.

Who's the THEM again? And who's US? Fuck, am I with you or against you? I mean, in your eye? And which eye at that?

I'm guessing brown, 'cos that is some monumental fucking crap you've just shat out, buddy.

Maybe the answer my friend is BLOWIN' out your japs eye (with apologies to Bob Dylan)?

Either way, put it away champ, cool your jets, tidy yourself up, and have a think or another drink.

That's my plan. Beer o'clock.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 19 Nov 2015 at 9:13pm
Quote:

From that article above:

“Recruitment [of ISIS] plays upon desires of adventure, activism, romance, power, belonging, along with spiritual fulfillment.”

One of the colleagues mentioned by the author is Scott Atran, an academic based in France.

Check this. It has real implications closer to home.

http://blogs.plos.org/neuroanthropology/2015/04/25/scott-atran-on-youth-...

If that's too heavy going, he writes for media outlets too.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/04/jihad-fatal-attract...

I'm also reminded of David Hicks and his book Guantanamo: My Journey. It explores from his perspective what attracted him to Islam and why he went off to fight in Kosovo, and then Kashmir. It ticks all the boxes regarding "desires of adventure, activism, romance, power, belonging, along with spiritual fulfillment.”

The bloke was a relatively poor, uneducated loner who worked in a chicken factory in Salisbury, SA! Fuck, if he had just stuck with the Kosovo adventure, he would've been quite the story-teller for all the right reasons.

To counter any real threat here, we have to think about this stuff. THINK. Then act.

That Atran stuff was interesting. But I think the quote pulled by the Turkey : "But the popular notion of a “clash of civilizations” between Islam and the West is woefully misleading. " is pretty much dismantled by the rest of the piece, starting with the very next paragraph : "Although typically viewed in military terms, Al Qaeda, ISIS and related groups pose the greatest threat as the world’s most dynamic countercultural movement, one whose values run counter to the nation-state system represented here in the United Nations, and to its Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It has drawn youth from many places into the largest, most potent extraterritorial fighting force since WWII."

That sounds awfully close to a clash of civilisations to me.

A couple of paras later he offers this: "Besides, once you are convinced of the mission’s moral virtue, then spectacular violence is not a turn off, but sublime and empowering as Edmund Burke noted about the French Revolution, which introduced the modern notion of Terror as emergency defense of radical political change.

And make no mistake, few if any of those who join militant jihad, or xenophobic nationalisms for that matter, are nihilists. That is an accusation leveled by those who wishfully refuse to consider the moral appeal, and hence real danger, of such movements. Being willing to die to kill others requires a deep conviction of moral virtue. "

Also sounds a bit more of an issue than a few opportunists.

Next para:" In Singapore last week, some speaking for Western governments argued that the Caliphate is mythology, covering traditional power politics. Research with those drawn to the cause show that this is a dangerous misconception. The Caliphate has re-emerged as a mobilizing cause in the minds of many Muslims. As one imam in Barcelona told us: “I am against the violence of Al Qaeda and ISIS, but they have put our predicament in Europe and elsewhere on the map. Before, we were just ignored. And the Caliphate…. We dream of it like the Jews long dreamed of Zion. Maybe it can be a federation, like the European Union, of Muslim peoples. The Caliphate is here, in our hearts, even if we don’t know what real form it will finally take.”

Sorry, how is that NOT a clash of civilisations and value systems?

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 9:19am

lots of intellectual analysis , and lots of back and forthing of ideas why , but no solutions .

To think this current situation with ISIS , is some sort of youth rebellion, is to ignore the people who have interpreted the Koran to suit their own agenda , which is a twisted spiritual interpretation that allows for jihad and the killing of the non-believers /infidels .

This interpretation by the clerics/imans appeals to some youth because of the hypocrisy of western Society /democracy in there being all the class divides between rich and poor and the inequality between sexes.

a terrorist caliphate has put down roots and claimed a territory as their own , and are a bright example for those needing and anti-establishment creed to follow . The jihad has head , and a body now , all we have to do is go into daesh and crush them.

yesterday our PM after meeting with Obama , say no negotiation with these terrorists , so what then??

we spend trillions of $'s annually preparing out armed forces with the latest greatest technology and having armies on standby, for what?

we have a mutual enemy , even the Russians are collaborating with the USA , get boots on the ground and remove this radical cell that also uses and abuses youths confusion in life , and then work on making western Society less corrupt and hypocritical, that's the real hard part!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 12:06pm
talkingturkey wrote:

@Blowin (is that Blow-in or Blowin'?), you're Sheeeepdogs mate, hey? Anyway, got to say that comment's as messy and all over the place as a madwoman's shite.

Who's the THEM again? And who's US? Fuck, am I with you or against you? I mean, in your eye? And which eye at that?

I'm guessing brown, 'cos that is some monumental fucking crap you've just shat out, buddy.

Maybe the answer my friend is BLOWIN' out your japs eye (with apologies to Bob Dylan)?

Either way, put it away champ, cool your jets, tidy yourself up, and have a think or another drink.

That's my plan. Beer o'clock.

You got me Turkey - posting off chops.

wont be the last time mate.

In fact, if you care to wait another couple of hours....

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 3:12pm

@P76 @Sharkmaaan

A couple of previous responses (to you directly, I reckon)

"First up, don't go over there AGAIN killing people. Apart from the anzackery biscuits, can't see what it ever gets us. Past/present/future. Unless you equate the ISIL boys now with the japs in WWII, why get involved?"

"Anyway, Sharkbiscuit, any thoughts on why we are involved in this ME shit again? Going in boots n all, balls deep?

I mean a real reason not the brotherhood, altruistic, PR balderdash (we all know that tired old BS, yeah?)

How are we helping OURSELVES here (face it, it's all that matters, yeah?)"

And then one from/for Tony Barber:

" tonybarber wrote:@talkturk…sometimes that tired old altruistic BS is important. Maybe the genocide of peoples is a good reason.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/isis-yazidi-massacre_55ccc5d7e4b0...
I would guess that if a kid or women was being belted by a bloke or if there were a few blokes kicking a downed man, you would help … I reckon you would."

"Has the bloke got a beard? Have the women? Or you can't see because they're in niqabs? Does it matter? Last time I saw a bloke on the ground getting hammered it was a bunch of bouncers going Rodney King on a bikie. Oh, how we laughed.

So, the women and kid are Yazidis and the bloke is ISIL? And I'm the LNP? Hmmm, what to do? What would Jesus do?

Actually, those Yazidis are always copping it. What did we do when the Turks gave them a backhander? Or Saddam? That's right, we went in and freedomised them, yeah? That's why we invaded Iraq!

Je suis LNP! I'm going in!

Actually, I've got a sneaking suspicion that top of ISILs shitlist of death are other muslims. They're the ones doing the dying in numbers. So, whaddyareckon Tony Barber, let's send in the troops to save the muslims? You're down with that, yeah?"

My first post ever even had this little gem:

"Colonial cuntries reaping what they sew. What's it to us?" (reference to their own stitch-ups. Clever, hey?)

It boils down to this. What are you scared of, blokes? ISILs caliphate bollocks OVER THERE? Or home-grown dumb-asses over HERE bombing the G when my mob have finally made the grandy and killing some of US?

I go for the second.

How do we nip the second in the bud? Mitigate it even?

By US, Australia, bombing the shit out of ISIL and "accidentally" killing a lot of muslim citizens of Syria and Iraq? Better yet, send in OUR troops to do some killing up close n personal (and getting some of them good ol' boys killed into the bargain)?

Shit happens over there...and then shit happens over here!?

How does sticking our oar in the water OVER THERE help the second scenario HERE for US?

Maybe it's too late...Ten flags Tony and little Johnny have buggered it already to an extent with their previous blind lap-dog, forelock-tugging in the Middle East.

That's what interested me about the Atran. How to stop and mitigate the shit HERE among the disenfranchised net-wits.

The old colonials and the corporates, all with history and a dog in the whole Middle East shit-show, WILL HAVE TO FIGHT ISIL. AND THEY WILL. AND I RECKON THEY'LL BOMB THEM INTO THE STONE-AGE. But THEIR problems will not go away so easy. I'm not convinced they have to be OUR problems too. Geo-politics, hey? Cunt of a sport.

Actually, check this old journo's article if you want to get freaked out and that's your thing. I say old journo because he is old-school. When journalism was about speaking truth to power and not PR.

Holiday in Cambodia/Syria/Iraq, where the people dress in black.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/10/08/from-pol-pot-to-isis/

Actually, his doco about us, Utopia, was a ball-breaker too.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 12:40pm

But there is soooo many people that need killing over there Turkey.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 12:47pm

Fuck, that was quick. Just topping up I suppose. Come on buddy, really get loose and unleash. You'll feel better. Trust me!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 1:22pm

there's your solution sharkman, from the turkeyman

"A truce – however difficult to achieve – is the only way out of this imperial maze; otherwise, the beheadings will continue. That genuine negotiations with Syria should be seen as “morally questionable” (the Guardian) suggests that the assumptions of moral superiority among those who supported the war criminal Blair remain not only absurd, but dangerous.

Together with a truce, there should be an immediate cessation of all shipments of war materials to Israel and recognition of the State of Palestine. The issue of Palestine is the region’s most festering open wound, and the oft-stated justification for the rise of Islamic extremism. Osama bin Laden made that clear. Palestine also offers hope. Give justice to the Palestinians and you begin to change the world around them."

the other option is continue fighting an unwinnable war

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 1:49pm

But what if the other side ( that was for you Turkey ) doesn't want a truce ?

What if they're not happy to live alongside Israel ?

What if they have already pointedly and repeatedly stated as such and you're just revealing yourself to be a delusional , though admirably pacifist, apologist ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 3:03pm

It's 3pm Friday arvo. You on the turps yet Blowin?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm

@Blowie, do you mean Turkey the country? Or you referring to me, turkey, the cunt?

You miss this bit before?

"The old colonials and the corporates, all with history and a dog in the whole Middle East shit-show, WILL HAVE TO FIGHT ISIL. AND THEY WILL. AND I RECKON THEY'LL BOMB THEM INTO THE STONE-AGE. But THEIR problems will not go away so easy. I'm not convinced they have to be OUR problems too. Geo-politics, hey? Cunt of a sport.

Actually, check this old journo's article if you want to get freaked out and that's your thing."

Must be your thing (being buddies with the SAS and all. Like Benny Cousins. They're all mates).

Hang on, are you talking to Pilger??????

You're drinking McWilliams Port, aren't you?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 3:14pm
stunet wrote:

It's 3pm Friday arvo. You on the turps yet Blowin?

Been on the East coast a few days now.

It's dead flat.

It's fucking hot.

I'd say that's a yes.

And You Stu ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 3:26pm

The layout of the office means that as I sit back with my feet on the bench the fridge is not three feet away.

And I can hear voices.

Can only ignore them so long...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 3:56pm

It would just be cruel to ignore those voices.

I tripped up by going for a swim at a lovely north coast beach that harboured a lovely pub with a lovely view serving delicious meals...and cold, cold beer.

Heard its hot down there today also.

We're only human.

Sorry guys - back to the thread - They only hate us cause we bombed them.

We should keep bombing them.

Or not bomb them.

Or let them bomb us till we're even Stevens .

Or something etc etc

Actually, to be honest , I'd rather discuss a few pleasant beverages on a hot day in the lucky country.

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 4:22pm

such a serious subject and you guys succeed in making me laugh, I love this country. You can insult and call someone a cunt and you still get to keep your head. nice waves today as well.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 7:55pm

So true prothero...and judging from the comments above, it ain't gunner change too soon.
Keep the buggers out - they've got there own patch of dirt.
Back to checking out what swell is coming.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 8:20pm

Ahhh Barberino.... "Keep the buggers out - they've got there own patch of dirt." Said like a true blue 'Strayan maaaaaaate....... OI! OI! OI!

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 20 Nov 2015 at 8:26pm

dog eat dog, its a cruel world....its called the animal kingdom....get over it ffs....countries have always placed pressures on other countries and always will, and it naturally often breaks out in war....war is a human condition, its just the way we are programmed....there are rules around war. that's how much humanity has accepted it as commonplace and you might say even necessary. its aint going away.

as for ISIS, its way too late now, options are out, either bomb the fuck out of the them or get bombed.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2015 at 6:58am
Sheepdog wrote:
Ahhh Barberino.... "Keep the buggers out - they've got there own patch of dirt." Said like a true blue 'Strayan maaaaaaate....... OI! OI! OI!

[/quote

The point made that if you don't take care of what you've got then somebody else will take it off you and make it their's ....

That's what you're trying to say isn't it Sheepdog ?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 21 Nov 2015 at 8:33am

Fair point sheepdog , but is this scenario the same ? Maybe what is the same is what the Indo s are doing west Papua or even East Timor. ISIS is going back to the dark ages. I would have hoped that humanity has moved on a bit.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Saturday, 21 Nov 2015 at 9:44am

yeah we moved on a bit mate, we in the shade drinking beer tb- it's bloody hot. whilever we devote more energy to our differences rather than what we share in common-"life"- we will find a way to disagree, dont u bullshit me mate, tooheys new is a far better beer than that fat yak i slept with last week- burp.
great northern the best though as voted by my taste buds one sober day.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2015 at 2:06pm

Geez Dave, I thought the piss would reek havoc on those painkillers .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 22 Nov 2015 at 6:00pm

I think this will be interesting, bit of a dick tease

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 22 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm

I see blowin put the grog down for long enough to check his dirt file on dave..... Did you attend this rally with like minded neanderthals.... Shame about your buddy going to jail, blowin.....

"Right-wing anti-Islam extremist Phillip Galea was found with tasers, precursor chemicals and bomb-making manuals ahead of the rally, and has been jailed."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/police-on-alert-as-reclaim-au...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 22 Nov 2015 at 8:18pm

Yeah it's a shame Sheepy.

I'm baking a cake with a file hidden in it as we speak.

As soon as he gets out he's going to want to head straight to a hardcore , mono cultural heartland .

Where do you reckon ?

Maybe Sunny coast , Tassie or rural SA.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 26 Nov 2015 at 7:16am
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 26 Nov 2015 at 11:27am

winning the war against terror (T.W.A.T)...by any means necessary

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/11/25/photoshoppers-fixing-terrorists-phot...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2015 at 1:17pm
Blowin wrote:

Yeah it's a shame Sheepy.

I'm baking a cake with a file hidden in it as we speak.

As soon as he gets out he's going to want to head straight to a hardcore , mono cultural heartland .

Where do you reckon ?

Maybe Sunny coast , Tassie or rural SA.

I think just pointlessly drivng around Australia would be his go, blowin..

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 26 Nov 2015 at 6:04pm

winning the war against terror (T.W.A.T)...by any means necessary...part two

Rick n Roll

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12015566/RickRol...

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 4 Dec 2015 at 6:38pm

now THIS is scary. Escalation, anyone? Forget ISIL AND Islam. Imagine Australia getting dragged into a real war vs Russia and whoever wants to align themselves with Putin, if the NATO countries and the US align with Turkey.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/12/03/isis-oil/

http://russia-insider.com/en/russian-appeal-international-community-igno...

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 4 Dec 2015 at 7:38pm

Happy to see everyone having a go in here. It's a serious problem, and even if not able to be solved by internet warriors, it's good to be engaged, to get educated, to take a stance, but not one that ends up in violence.

I haven't read every post here, just skimmed. Have hardly read a comment where I didn't agree with some part and disagree with other parts.

I'm increasingly of the belief that fundamental analysis (of everything) is a lost, or never had, art in humanity.

FWIW, in case not said before, although there are basic religious and tribal enmities that go back over a thousand years, it was really all set up following WW1, where land and national boundaries that you and I take for granted were imposed by the west (UK, Western European nations and US). It was a triumph of English foreign policy, basically summed up as 'divide and conquer'. The boundaries were arranged to ensure internal and external enmity on an ongoing basis. Read up on it if you have the time. Bastardry on a global scale.

Although ISIS appears to be based in religious fervour, it's a mistake to consider this either a clash of civilisations or religions or nations. This is about a tiny minority or extremists who are either using religion as a cover, or they are the uneducated who are being used by those people.

Avoid trying to understand these events by rational thinking, it's a bit pointless. These are not rational players.

The other thing I do object to is the old rejoinder that 'it's not a matter of if it happens here, it's a matter of when'. That's just a bullshit argument that often governments and police use to justify taking away existing freedoms. It is also true, as is the statement that it's not a matter of when a meteor hits planet earth and wipes out humanity, it's a matter of when. Again, pointless.

Domestic Violence takes out a woman per week in Australia. ISIS has no hope of keeping up with the terror we inflict on ourselves. Perspective!

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 4 Dec 2015 at 7:40pm

By the way, great post sheepdog. Without question, the most violent and oppressive boat people in Australia are white english born (like me). I hope the indigenous are laughing at all this, they may be the only ones left if it all goes to shite. At least they will know how to live off the land, literally.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Saturday, 5 Dec 2015 at 1:16am
batfink wrote:

The other thing I do object to is the old rejoinder that 'it's not a matter of if it happens here, it's a matter of when'. That's just a bullshit argument that often governments and police use to justify taking away existing freedoms. It is also true, as is the statement that it's not a matter of when a meteor hits planet earth and wipes out humanity, it's a matter of when. Again, pointless.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 5 Dec 2015 at 3:00am

It's time to put on make-up, it's time to light the lights...muppet fucken show tonight. I'm gonna claim worse than a Brazilian here...read my previous posts. And disagree. Give it a go.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 4:27pm

here we go!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jan/06/north-korea-major-anno...

all this petty terrorism shit could fade into insignificance real quick

north korea pretty friendly with china, not sure about russia, the USA not so friendly with any of them

but with...my enemy's enemy and all that

trump in the Whitehouse

WW three anyone?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 4:37pm
sypkan wrote:

here we go!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jan/06/north-korea-major-anno...

all this petty terrorism shit could fade into insignificance real quick

north korea pretty friendly with china, not sure about russia, the USA not so friendly with any of them

but with...my enemy's enemy and all that

trump in the Whitehouse

WW three anyone?

Sitting here, it's almost impossible to know what to believe. Is it a real test? Or fake footage from them to convince the North Korean people? Or even bullshit from the west to continue the propaganda war...
All I know is, Kim Jong-un's hair is fantastic.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 4:53pm

always fantastic hair, even with a bit of nuclear winds ablowing

a significant announcement to come

'artificial' siesmic activity on the peninsula, that's a big conspiracy you're constricting there andy

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 5:26pm

I'd like to see more independent reports of seismic activity before I take the White House's word for it. Counties in general and especially the U.S. don't have a real good track record of stuff like this.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 6:07pm

An open letter to Jesus and Muhammad;
Dear Jesus and Muhammad, How are you?.... Yeah I'm good thanks..... Well, that's a lie, but you guys already knew that.... Things are pretty shit down here atm... There's all sorts of crap going on, people killing in the name of your dad, and blokes dressing up in gowns and fiddling with kids.... And people are ripping up forests, and using animal parts for erections, and playing with atom bombs, and cloning, and all sorts of stuff........
So, I was just wondering if you two could have a word to your old man.... Now your dad knows "all that was, that is, and that will be", right?..... Well when he made that satan dude, if he knew all that will be, then he knew he was making "evil" when he created that fucktard.... i was just wondering if you could ask him why?... I mean we "get it" right.... Evil is pretty bad shit..... I mean, when your dad made evil, did he do it coz he was bored? Like he made the universe and all this brilliant shit, but was he like sitting there and thought "fuck I'm bored... I know!! I'll make an angel go feral, and then he can like cause some carnage on this tiny little planet over there, I can kick back and have a laugh, maybe throw in the odd earthquake and famine..... And when i get bored with it, when the little blue planet is totally fucked, I'll come down and kick satans arse, save a few little humans, and let them live in eternal bliss......"

So seriously JC and big M, can you just have a word with ya old man and ask him what the fuck is that about? Just drop me a line when you can guys.... Thanks heaps....
Sheepdog.......

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 6:30pm

Just out of interest...

http://listverse.com/2013/03/23/10-recent-propaganda-pieces-that-were-lies/

Of course this just scratches the surface - there wouldn't be a government out there that's innocent.
Children Overboard anyone? Or maybe just good old Iraqi WMD?
Point is, why trust the White House's honesty regarding North Korea detonating a bomb, or whatever (even though it could well be true).

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 6:33pm

Exactly Sheepy. Omnipotent God (of whatever denomination) makes the universe, complete with war, pestilence, famine, paedophiles etc.
But he's a good god - really.....
It's just to test our belief.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 7:24pm

I like your thinking andy and questioning, I still can't believe howard got off so lightly with the children overboard thing...nice letter too sheepdog...but the one god, good/evil thing is so passe

yin yang, complex interactions, it ain't gospel but it's the best understanding we have, and modern physics is heading this way

it's the good verses evil dichotomy that has created these problems . modern psychology tells us we all justify our actions in a delusional state of 'I'm not so bad', it's the share house conundrum of world politics, where everyone thinks they're pulling their weight

ya can't stamp out evil, you've got to acknowledge it, and work with it, or it just pops up somewhere else you weren't expecting, hence the present example, and the ISIS example etc.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 8:42pm

So that begs the question - what is evil?
Sypkan as your third paragraph above hints at, evil is subjective.

Is ISIS evil, is the "evil" label just propaganda or is ISIS a shade of grey in between?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 9:57pm

Its not mysterious at all. Everything mentioned has a mind behind it. The mind sees it. Mysterious is crafty, more bullshit, just more thoughts. When you are asleep, you do lots of shit. When you wake up its gone. We all have choice, the mind, sleep, dream on, or what's behind all that. Easy. Anyone in any circumstance can do it. Right up to the moment of death. Sleep, dreaming is tempting, love is a drug. Lost in the moment. Lost in space. Only a few have fully chosen the behind it, and they all reached the same conclusion. Most want just one more hit, 'I aint a farkin addict, ya cunts... its just 25c... on evens!!!'

Anyone can be camsless. Anyone can be a lip axed kite surfer at Jaws. Its a choice. Easy. Anyone can lose blubber, anyone can get healthy, anyone can get fit. Only a few want to pay the full price. So they get what they pay for.

The only thing we can have control of is thoughts, unless we are disabled. But, we even choose to see disabled. Another culture might see a gift, where we see disabled, or even death. Pasquale surfed.

'What's death, Heaven is real kids!!!'

'No, no please not farkin' that... God... farkin' save me!!!'

The dream. Bananas taste nice, bananas make me chuck. One guy with no arms and legs loves life, one guy with 'everything' hates it. We choose little kids living in rubbish dumps with rats chewing on them. We choose allowing all we despise... 'hang on the master's final is on.' Untangling webs. Rubics webs. This, more ever snowballing webs is heaps easier. Fuck the cube. Who wants the full price. Toyotas in the real desert. Only you, and the roos and stars. We all do. Bullshit, I've had enough, give us a cone, a snort, a beer, a pub, pasties, gym, macca's... dollies... yeh, yeh, comin' tomorrow. A few pay the full price.

The price for that goal, that, what's behind minds, behind ever tanglin' thoughts? The price for the one and only thing promised to us all. Its been made crystal clear. No secret. Secrets are the exact opposite. Just more snowballing tanglin' webs. Inequality. The price? Forget this. Surrender. All of it. It's nothing. Just a step to that. That's all. We all have the full blank cheque, the full chance to find that. Ok then, if you can't, then just love everyone, choose absolute equality for all, above all else. All else, means all else. No matter what the price. 'Sounds like farkin bullshit!!! What if I die tryin'?' Kite surfin' Jaws, Toyotas and hungry sub's in the desert... drinking your own piss... fuck'n flies too. Choose, surrender to only that. Pay the full tote price, its all yours. You can't fool yourself. Fuck that, that costs heaps!!! Got one for 'alf the price eh!!! Cheap as chips... bargains rule. Black and Gold.

Watch your thoughts. All ways. Who's watching? What am I? All ways. Only a few have payed the full price.

'Lyin' cunts!!!'

I can guarantee I'll show you how to lose weight... just fucking eat less.

'Lyin cunt!!! What... wait wait, look... presto... I got a farkin' gene... got ya aye!!! Thanks they... maaaayyyytteee!!! Ya saved me!!! Mayo, extra caramel on the waffle too!!! I'm free!!! Your a sly, useless cunt God, ya can't fool me!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 10:21pm
sypkan wrote:

I like your thinking andy and questioning, I still can't believe howard got off so lightly with the children overboard thing...nice letter too sheepdog...but the one god, good/evil thing is so passe

yin yang, complex interactions, it ain't gospel but it's the best understanding we have, and modern physics is heading this way

it's the good verses evil dichotomy that has created these problems . modern psychology tells us we all justify our actions in a delusional state of 'I'm not so bad', it's the share house conundrum of world politics, where everyone thinks they're pulling their weight

ya can't stamp out evil, you've got to acknowledge it, and work with it, or it just pops up somewhere else you weren't expecting, hence the present example, and the ISIS example etc.

Sypo.... The letter was sarcasm...... Sar - caz - um..... ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 6 Jan 2016 at 10:29pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 7 Jan 2016 at 1:43am

yeh I knew that sheepdog, just thought you might still have an inkling of our western Christian perspective tickling away at the back of your brain....we all do, no matter how much we may despise religion

andy, what uplift said...as always though you've gotta read between the lines, this certain odd dude does love his work. there's something to that thinking that all the good books, and a lot of wisdom, come from the desert because the desert is conjusive to contemplation, however, that good book wisdom is now dated.

I'll try and simplify things though, because he's one abstract man. evil is in all of us, we all have the capacity, but it's about choices and intention.

ISIS as a body aren't evil, many would argue they have noble intentions, to defend one's homeland, keep the overlords at bay etc. but I have no doubt they use evil means, totally disproportionate gutter tactics...pure evil. but terrorists often do whatever it takes when taking on a big powerful body. geez eco-terrorism was a legitimate career choice until the new age of terror stigmatised the term (not to mention the law changes).

is the coalition of the willing evil? again, not as a body, but parts of this body will do whatever it takes to hold power over certain things, land, resources, etc. interestingly they subcontract the evil jobs to less wealthy, less fortunate minions, poor ignorant bastards, that come home with PTSD, but are quickly forgotten despite their good work. yeh there are dirty jobs that need doing, and you can get away with it, if your intention is good, pretty safe to say our intentions went wayward after Afghanistan, hence the karmic fallout.

the west is brainwashed by science and the fallacy of objectivity. it doesn't exist, we try our best to use it, to find it, but it's an unobtainable goal. eastern religons, and indigenous cultures see the world totally differently, they see the complex interplay of things in a wholistic manner. science tells us to reduce things to measureble parts, count stuff, weigh up pros and cons. other cultures (including aboriginals) look at big picture stuff. whatever you're looking at, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, you can't, count, measure everything, it's irreducible. we have lost this big picture skill.

interestingly when bali got bombed, the balos didn't lose their shit with muslims, yeh they got angry, and I'm sure there were incidents, but as a whole they looked introspectively, wondered what they had done to bring on such misfortune. not saying they were right, and their conclusion was probably more hocus pocus ceremonies type stuff. does that stuff work? I dunno, but the intention is good. I'm not saying either way is correct , but one thing about science is, old knowledge looks ridiculous with newly aquired understanding.

quantum physics is mysterious, stuff popping in and out of existence, measuring and looking at it changes outcomes, we don't understand it, but scientists use Buddhism as an analogy to describe it. daverave talks about all this shit, he seems a bit off with the fairies sometimes, but he's read and experienced enough to understand it. currently our intentions are bad, influenced by dark forces, fear, power and greed, we're playing with dark shit justifying it with a black and white judeochristian view of the world. we all know when we're doing wrong we all do it, from time to time, but it feels shit. that is evil

all religions generrally agree on 'universal values' but our judgements get clouded. by vested interests, by fear, by tribalism. have to try and ovetcome that, aim for objectivity, objectivity isn't evil, it's just unobtainable. our best objectivity is the best we can aim for, but we haven't aimed for that in a long time, or had good intention, since george bush from my best but biased objectivity, but that's a whole other thread just there.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 7 Jan 2016 at 5:19pm

Gidday skypan, its true re the Christian thing. Funny that our citizenship criteria states that we don't have to follow any religion, and are free in that regard, yet our very basis, our foundation, our constitution, decrees:

'Whereas the people of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Tasmania, humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to ...'

But in the context of my preramble, thats just another thought, so, what I am not. Not that. I am before the thought, so, again, what am I? Very few have chosen to persist, and pay the full, the required price in that direction. Choose that, and only that, above all else.

The books do date. Books are just triggers though. You have to pull the trigger. And eventually lose the books. So just like workouts, books are just triggers. On the shallow surface, famous old time strongman, and fitness and health promoter Eugen Sandow's methods seem 'dated', mainly due to appearance and style. Yet many 'breakthroughs' are just rehashes of what he learned through pouring himself 100%, or, paying the full price, in his chosen field. The US Navy Seals completed a massive study on sleep, sleep deprivation, optimal sleep etc, for obvious reasons, which surprise, surprise, totally confirm's Sandow's views on sleep, and recovery. They found that 10 hours plus is optimal. That testosterone plummets in anything less. They found the commonly accepted 8 hours brought about sub optimal performance, 6 hours... the very common amount... was actually labelled zombie state, where stupidity and mistakes, re decision making and performance were the norm.

Dated is just another belief to be ditched, in the quest for what am I? What makes dated possible, who observes dated... I do... what am I?

Remove the big bang, what is left? Remove quantum physics, what is left, remove all concepts of human, what is left, remove space, what is left. I am that. That is always. Never dates. But can date anything. The goal is exactly the same, thus so is the method. Obstacles have changed though. The 'web' is ever cascading, ever more tangled. Less patience, 'boredom' is the new brainwashing. Also like if blinder's xmas foray into unfitness lasted a few years longer. Much more work, higher price to pay, to get back. To be 'fit' again. Entirely possible though. The old path will do fine, if it achieved the goal once. But, marketers hate that. No point of difference to sell. Like religions. How will we package and sell it? Compete in the market place? Which, of course, isn't remotely in line with discovering, 'what am I'?

Plus time. We are believing it and selling it into extinction. Time is money!!! So 'what am I' costs heaps, too much for most. Cunning, the sellers. Except, the web outsmarted them, and so everyone. Got a life of its own, turned the tables. The sold became the seller, the owned the owner.

Even that is just the supposedly dated, 'trapping the monkey, fist in pot', thing though.

The price is clear. And, we all have been given a signed, blank check. The target, the reward never changes. Anything to the contrary isn't 'ver truuuuuuuuuwfe... maaaaaaayyytee.'

'I'll buy it! Above all else!!!'

'When?'

'Now!'

'Where are you going now?'

It never dates.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 11 Jul 2016 at 5:44pm

Four Corners tonight be worth watching.