What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 4 Jul 2018 at 7:05pm

Haha...

Looks like real fake news

It seemed quite relevant after blindboy's article stating people are done with centre left parties, and wondering what the hell they stand for anymore.

Because you've gotta wonder...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 12:36pm

Morning punters.

Crazy night last night. Shit got a bit weird around the fire - good weird - and then as I’m putting the head on the pillow a last glance before sleep shows the whitewash from a set on the point revealing an entire lineup glowing with green phosphorescent light provided by the life force of a billion tiny sea creatures just as a night rainbow shone from the nearly risen moon glancing into a little rain shower. I never even knew that night rainbows existed till now.

Crazy world we live in with some epic shit to see if you just keep looking.

Thanks Huey ya fucking legend.

Hope everyone is getting their share of goodness.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 12:43pm

Awesome. This morning I had a solo session with an adult learner who told me with a broad smile he's been surfing for "two years and eight months."

Still measuring his tenure in months, as if the day he discovered surfing was some kind of rebirth.

To have that kind of revelation as an adult must be something special.

Similarly, I had an interview last week with an adult learner who's applying his prodigious mind (170 published papers, 4 patents, a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry) to improving flex in surfboards and designing new improved fins that actually fair dinkum work - he ran a blind test at Macaronis to test them!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 1:17pm

Haha - The Adult Learner !

I’ve been crossing paths with these blissed out characters a lot lately. Every second day it’s another neophyte ripper - invariably European- who’s totally lost themselves to the surfing lifestyle. It’s not just the act of riding waves , it’s the whole deal that we Aussies have ( had ) basically perfected .

They’ll have either no shoes or thongs on their filthy feet. Upper body is an old T shirt if it’s clothed either. After a lifetime of formal dressing and shoes mandatory to leave the house in it’s the perfect expression of the liberation they’ve immersed themselves in.

Follow the sun and the waves. Stay stoned. Avoid the authorities and work as much as possible . Live cheap but live large. Live off the sea . The bastards are figuring it out that’s for sure.

Aussie’s could take a leaf out of their books in a lot of instances.

But they’re changing the face of everywhere they travel , they mostly have the aquatic sense of a toddler and they refuse to relinquish the manbun so it’s a rocky road they’re blazing through the outback landscapes of regional Australia.

Nothing better than hearing a tale of revelation. Of an entire inconceivable world unfolding before their eyes as they reinvent themselves on the other side of the planet.

But for gods sake , if I’ve got to endure being pinned down during a good old bender by another over earnest beginner as they piss in my ear about the new person they’ve metamorphosised into the fucker is going on the fire like a lump of jarrah.

Looking forward to your interview though.

spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack's picture
spuddyjack Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 1:17pm

Really nice to read about Stu.
It should be a reminder to long-term, hard-core "it's all mine" type surfers that the newbie-kooks at there local break just may morph into good surfers given half a chance without dogged localism, harrassment and arrogance pinning them down - what's more, as you've indicated, they may end up making major contributions/improvements to surfing.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 1:34pm

Hey Stu - What’s the best mailing addresses to reach you at mate ?

I sent you an email but my inbox takes ages to show new emails.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 2:13pm

Just got your email , cheers mate.

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Friday, 6 Jul 2018 at 10:38pm

Blindboy, you do an intro into statistics, the pinacle is the double blind trial...blah blah

I am not saying the two increased in a similar fashion, actually the opposite.

The long term average is not an average for the government changed the goal posts, some agencies report close to real figures.

Quint's picture
Quint's picture
Quint Saturday, 7 Jul 2018 at 7:47am

Interesting website this first one. Combined with BP Earthwatch and MRMBB333 on YouTube we see some correlations with the UV issue which Fukushima has added to. The Wigner Effect on airplanes is worth a look at also.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/sponsored_article1.cfm

http://sccc.org.au/monitoring/sunshinecoast-monitoring-station.html

Isaiah 17:1 has almost been fulfilled.

“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.”

Quint's picture
Quint's picture
Quint Sunday, 15 Jul 2018 at 9:42am
blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 15 Jul 2018 at 10:39am

In one of your other posts you put up a quote about the mark of an educated man being the ability to read something without believing it ......., on that criteria your posts and links make educated men of us all.

Quint's picture
Quint's picture
Quint Thursday, 19 Jul 2018 at 7:41am

Something different here for those that can handle it..

https://wakeup-world.com/2014/10/14/hieroglyphics-experts-declare-ancien...

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 2:06pm

Quint highlights some realities, and raises questions (and please, please swillnuts, don't be angry... not just yet... ).

What do we really know? Besides science telling us that anger is contagious?

http://time.com/4838673/anger-and-partisanship-as-a-virus/

Ask our most immanent, revered thinkers even the most simple, basic questions, such as, what lies beyond 'space' as we call it, where does everything end, where does everything begin, what caused the first thing, etc, ad infinitum, and you quickly get the picture. No fucking idea, yet, reams and reams of absolute bullshit. And, they quickly start getting angry... mad, real, real mad, really fuck'n mad!!! Like enraged ants pouring, swarming out of an ant nest!!!

Ask another very simple, basic question, ask, how to live, like only several, extremely successful other cultures have, and are still doing, continually, for say, 60,000 years, without destroying themselves and everything in sight. The very real evidence, reality, screams, absolutely, irrefutably, no fucking idea!!! Yet, again, reams and reams of absolute bullshit. And, they quickly start getting angry... mad, real, real mad, really fuck'n mad!!! Like enraged ants pouring, and swarming out of an ant nest!!!

So we have present day, where the ant like swarming and killing and destruction continues. Give it a nice label if you will, and it is no longer killing and destroying, in a nutshell. But, huge issues consume the ants, and their brilliant, beloved and so successful, globally enforced (to the death), 'democracy'. As they prepare to greet the 'aliens'. Well, to be more factual, to be real, as their 'democratically' chosen, adored, beloved leaders prepare to greet the 'aliens'. Will correct protocols be observed? Will the 'aliens' follow 'necessary' protocol? Or, will they fuck up under intense scrutiny??! Liz and Phil don't like that one bit!!! And, what if they are black!!! What will our beloved megs wear? Can donny 'strike a deal'... so to speak? Will putes wrestle with them? Will kimmy nuke them? Will donny nuke kimmy, before kimmy nukes liz? What of the corgis?????!! Will the chinese immigrate?

Do we even need to know? Perhaps more importantly, are we even allowed to know? What can we be told!!! Will we be banned...as the anger reaches boiling point... in a nutshell!!!!?! Again!!!!

But, even more pressing, 'the little thinkas' just dont farkin' get it!! in a nutshell!!! Again!!! Exactly!!! Have they got any farkin' point breaks!!! Do angry swillnuts need to transform their useless, fucking planets!!! And do the useless, selfish fuckers wear fuckin' leashes!!! In a nutshell!!!

NOW SWILLNUTS, NOW IS THE TIME TO GET ANGRY... MAD, REAL MAD!!!! INHALE THE INFAMOUS, (SOME, IN A NUTSHELL WOULD SAY BRILLIANT) 'RED MIST'. UNLEASH THE REFLEX JAB!!! POWER THOSE JABS WITH THE SULTANA LIKE GLUTES, AND PRETZEL LIKE QUADS!!!! SWARM!!!! GIVE US ANOTHER FUCKING BREAK... AGAIN... In a nutshell!!!!?!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 3:23pm

Crypto, first law of the universe? Shit happens. Always and everywhere. Alternately expressed, non-existence cannot exist ........ not a linguistic twist but the nature of reality. Looking for ultimate causes is a waste of time, there ain't none. So yes, it is all about managing this planet to the best of our ability right, a challenge we are comprehensively failing. The ABC site, in the piece on mapping massacres, has some information about Waterloo Bay. You might like to check it out.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 4:06pm

Its a sobering message isn't it. The beginnings, a tiny glimpse of the truth. A 'reprisal'?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-27/map-of-indigenous-massacres-grows-...

I lost count of the hours I spent on the cliffs and in the bay in that photo. I knew the farmer well that 'owned' that land, and I would walk around in there, and often meditate there heaps. I had amazing lone surfs there, and used to like meditating at the bottom of the cliffs, in really hot weather. After studying Traditional Indigenous Cultures extensively, and having endless talks with the Indigenous lecturers, and working with and meeting local Indigenous people, it was the only way I could think of to truly pay respect. That was a long while back, well before any of the sheds. Funnily enough, I guess, I convinced the farmer, that 'owner' of the land, to help, and to allow the first guy to put his shed up there. So different now.

Crazily, the original town dumpsite is just near there too. They used to just dump all the rubbish and shit near the cliff edge, and then push it over into the drink. You can see tons of evidence still, if you know where to look. The wild colonials.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/am/frontier-wars-growing-evidence-o...

'Looking for ultimate causes is a waste of time, there ain't none'

So, an effect with no cause you reckon!!! They're gonna love that!!! Sounds like the ultimate defence!!!

How's WA? A safe place!!!?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 5:07pm

Wow what a combination a religious nutter who is also into paranoid world is out to get me conspiracy theories.

That was possibly the worst collection of dodgy links I've seen, websites with names like "Prophecy news watch" "Before us" "Wake up world" and "World mercury project" Anti Vax's

Says it all, i mean the page :before us" looks like it was done in the early 90's and seeing it's still selling "THE 2012 PROPHECY" of the Mayas predicting the end of the world in 2012 it probably was.

The Hieroglyphics thing was kind of interesting but hard to believe it is real and a quick google search busted that one http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-14/glyphs-reax/4428134

The Facebook pages being deleted...well look at the list of pages deleted, no wonder those post on anything and everything curing cancer are way down in my feed, i mean fake news is normally harmless, but when you have people with cancer believing their cancer can be healed by SourSop or Paw Paw and stop professional medical methods to combat cancer it's really dangerous.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm

They haven't finished the work on WA so it isn't on the map yet. The same applies to post-1930 massacres Australia wide. An effect with no cause? Well any chain of cause and effect has to end somewhere so you would prefer a cause without an effect?

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 6:00pm

'Well any chain of cause and effect has to end somewhere so you would prefer a cause without an effect?'

I like it!!! Doc Tanzi would too!!!

So, before the first cause, the foundation!!! Before space, before energy, before the almighty cracker went off!!! Before the vibes even. Its the old mind boggling scenario. Same old question, 'who is it that thinks this, but is not the thought'. 'That can change thought'. 'Before thought'. And then, 'What am I'? Before any concept of the thought of cause and effect. The navel's not so bad!!! Don't give up!

Its ok... just say it, put it out there, you don't have to know, the judge will forgive ya!!! And might even free you from the cell block, and show you a glimpse of the answer!!!

What if the 'aliens' don't think, or know, anything like us? Like the Traditional Indigenous Australian's didn't. 60, 000 years at least, before all the advanced murders and massacres. Then, as you well know, The North Sentinel Islanders. 60, 000 years at least. You don't see them asking for our advice in the slightest. They've seen enough to not even want to know our wild ideas.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 6:00pm

'Well any chain of cause and effect has to end somewhere so you would prefer a cause without an effect?'

I like it!!! Doc Tanzi would too!!!

So, before the first cause, the foundation!!! Before space, before energy, before the almighty cracker went off!!! Before the vibes even. Its the old mind boggling scenario. Same old question, 'who is it that thinks this, but is not the thought'. 'That can change thought'. 'Before thought'. And then, 'What am I'? Before any concept of the thought of cause and effect. The navel's not so bad!!! Don't give up!

Its ok... just say it, put it out there, you don't have to know, the judge will forgive ya!!! And might even free you from the cell block, and show you a glimpse of the answer!!!

What if the 'aliens' don't think, or know, anything like us? Like the Traditional Indigenous Australian's didn't. 60, 000 years at least, before all the advanced murders and massacres. Then, as you well know, The North Sentinel Islanders. 60, 000 years at least. You don't see them asking for our advice in the slightest. They've seen enough to not even want to know our wild ideas.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 28 Jul 2018 at 8:19pm

No wild ideas Crypto. Only that non-existence .... doesn’t exist and cannot exist therefore existence, including our presence does not require an ultimate cause. Shit, in all its multifarious forms happened and here we are trying to make the best of it.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm

Blinder, that theory is based on assuming, and asserting that only what we can physically perceive and measure can exist. That, that is the only way of, or the only way that we have of sensual experience. It is a fact that our beloved and championed physical senses have known limits. That 60,000 year unrivaled success story. That we destroyed. Compared to endless re-runs of disaster, collapse and bloodshed. Constant world wars. The Nungas, with that track record to back them, dispute our version of sensory ability, which also has a track record, based on success equals the ability to destroy.

Well, I can think of a quite few wild ideas blinder. They are, spawned from the highlighted belief that we are separate to all around us, in fact, endless. Maralinga? Not the brightest cab off the rank, good 'ol uncle whitey.

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/history/maralinga-how...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/new-generations...

'Fark, now what are they whinging about, bloody ungrateful Nungas!!!' 'Ere calm down, a bit a radioactive vibes is good fur yas... anyway we'll fix that lot... just take yer scientifical drugs an stooorp usin' them farkin' killer bushes an shite!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-06-28/thalidomide-william-mcbride...

Yeh, plenty of, endless wild ideas blinder. The highly successful, 60,000 year successful, North Sentinal Islanders saw them in action on their obliterated next door neighbours too. 'No thanks!!! Fuck off!!!' In a nutshell!!!

Anyway, just as long as some poor, deluded, intermediate, but expert kook saviour, persecuted by them evil ones, ... 'ets eh fecking desestah', doesn't start squwarking and swillnuttin' about saving the world from evil (again), with their hallelujah 'bitcoins'. All whilst cloaked in, and dribbling about being motivated by 'nuttin' but 'justa pure lurvin' and bruthahood for my bretheren!!!'

'Hallelujah bretheren!!!??'

What a story to tell the kids. Good grief.

Please... as long as that doesn't rear it ugly head... not that... the planet can't take much more of that shit. In a nutshell.

Oh no!!! That hasn't happened... has it... surely not... not that!!! In a nutshell... again!!!

NAARRR!!! IT DID'N' FARRKIN' 'APPEN!!! YAR CAN GOOGLY IT... WEWLL UDESY CAN... WELL IT DID 'APPEN... BUT OUR GOOGLY 'ISTRY PRUVES VER DUTCHIES WEREN"T VAT FARKIN DUMB OR GREEDY AYE!!! IT WEREN"T SO BAD!!! CHULIPS IS WORF FARKIN EVERYFING AYE!!! VERE ON VER WAY UPPP AGIN!!! CHULIPS WIWLL SAVE VER WURLD!!! AGIN!!!??!!

https://www.science20.com/cool-links/stupidity_contagious_science_says_s...

God help us!!!??

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 4:10pm

I suppose it all rests on your definition of "exists" Crypto. For me for something to exist then there must be some way of detecting it beyond simple belief. So yes I am pretty much a hard materialist. My problem with more open beliefs is that once you open the door the Flying Spaghetti Monster shows up. As far as existence goes, looking for a cause is like looking up your arse to see where the shit comes from, painful and inconclusive.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 4:41pm

'My problem with more open beliefs is that once you open the door the Flying Spaghetti Monster shows up.'

True.

However, I think we have ways of sensing, abilities, or mechanisms, which just like our physical senses and abilities and mechanisms atrophy with lack of use. Our culture, with its separatist view doesn't give much attention to a whole, attached outlook. So I feel that senses and abilities and mechanisms that we have, that are conditioned, or kept fitter by that whole, attached outlook, atrophy. One by product, is that unlike some Cultures, again with their attached, part of the whole viewpoint, and their success rate staring us in the face, we feel, or sense literally nothing as we destroy our planet, and view it as a 'dead', separate resource, to merely provide our endless wants. So, we always look to bail from it, or our immediate environment when we have sucked it dry. We have a track record of not seeing the big picture when coming up with wild ideas. Perhaps not the spaghetti monster, but the cane toad, or box thorn, or so on, and on, pretty much ad infinitum.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm

Traditional cultures have always recognised that we are part of nature and depend on it for our continued existence. For me the basic problem came with the Judeo-Christian concept of man having dominion over nature. This was further aggravated by the idea that Jesus was coming back and the world would end soon. If, like Quint, you believe that, then it doesn't make sense to live in a sustainable, harmonious manner with the rest of nature. Much of the worst damage to the planet occurring now comes directly from this kind of belief. The alliance between evangelical Christianity and big business in the US has been well documented. They all believe they are going to some great mansion in the sky where they will be able to continue their current lifestyle. They believe they just have to say sorry to Jesus now and then for being such complete bastards.

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 10:45pm

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Sunday, 29 Jul 2018 at 10:42pm

blindboy, you are appropriately named.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm

If I had a dollar for every time some one has used that line Pete, I could buy myself a carton of Wild Yak's finest ale. C'mon, you can do better than that!

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 1:47pm

So can you ....

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 3:13pm

So "Jesus saves", no further discussion necessary? It is a completely logical argument to point out that when people came to believe that nature was there for their use, authorised by their God, that less care was taken to manage the environment. The message was clear ....... It's all yours go for it. If you disagree, where is your argument? Why did cultures shift from trying to maintain a natural environment to ripping the heart out of it for short term profit, with ever increasing intensity?

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm

dominion is not domination and yep, until humanity realizes it is part of a biosphere that supports it- well, we are seeing what is happening, starship earth saying, let's get rid of these greedy fuckers, then we can sail through the multiverse in peace and harmony.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 4:15pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 5:35pm

Im not a fan of religion but i don't think that's fair Blindboy.

I don't think there was certain point at which people started believed nature was for their use, i think man has always used nature, i think thats what really defines us from other primates.

Or if there was some special point in time it would have been when man used fire, once man made fire they could cook meat which then allowed the brain to develop further and then man found ways to use the environment around them more, being less nomadic and planting crops etc, building houses etc and creating metals from stone. (all over a huge amount of time obviously)

As mans brains developed they would have started to think about the deeper meaning of life, the afterlife and trying to explain different things in nature.

Those with above average intelligence developed science and others looked elsewhere often to those that most likely had some kind of mental illness and claimed to be sent from God or something.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 5:54pm

Once again Blindboy, you nailed it

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 6:29pm

Civilizations grew. Order was required. Order was built through artificial systems. These systems needed energy from somewhere. The environment. The bigger the civilization the more complex the order required and the more energy taken. This is a story of man's survival not religion.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 6:48pm

Well to quote Crypto - 60,000 years of sustainable indigenous culture! So indo your scenario of human development is far from inevitable. I think my view is supported by a lot of evidence ........ everywhere Christianity went, environmental problems followed (not to mention the human cost of Christian Europe's colonisation of large parts of the planet). A little research exposes the links between US evangelical Christianity and the campaign of misinformation and outright lies that have handicapped efforts to respond to climate change. So fair? Absolutely. Extremely moderate actually when we look at the consequences of this way of thinking.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 7:36pm

I agree with happyas

Coaster's picture
Coaster's picture
Coaster Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 8:35pm

The destruction of the environment has nothing to do with Christianity. It’s simply greed. Greedy, power-seeking people may call themselves Christians but they’re not following the teachings of Jesus. Jesus encouraged his disciples not to be materialistic; here’s an example:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A26-34&version=NKJV

BB, you’re generalising. It’s like saying everyone who claims to be a Muslim is a terrorist.

The indigenous maintained sustainable environments for thousands of years in both the Australian and North American continents. The common denominator for the change in both was contact with Europeans, not Christians.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 9:14pm

eh. now im not so sure anymore. BB definetely has a point when it comes to modern day fuckwits such as abbott but IMO thats because they have a perverted view of their religion. but what about the past? western civilisations exploited the environment. they were also predominantly christian. so does it follow that christianity exploited the environment? not sure.

cool topic.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 10:28pm

Western civilizations crumble with clockwork, monotonous regularity. That's just basic facts. One after another. None of them have lasted anything remotely resembling 60,000 years (minimum I might add, it could be much longer).

Colonialism was fueled by a vision of superiority, like the Nazi's had, and have. That was fueled by people in power wielding religion and the new age of enlightenment tool, science and reason.

Our culture still is based on conditioning the Romans used to control their empire. From back when the emperor cronied up with the catholics, and together they came up with the bible to end, or form all bibles. Giving them the status of Gods, or God's chosen ones, and the power to run amok. So, they did, and the catholics power and wealth exploded, as it still does.

The result, was Europeans and us. They stuffed around with the romans bible and argue to death over the same thing to this day. Like they always did.

So here we are, to this day, with our foundation, the very basis of our ocker constitution, every ozzy's backbone,

'humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God'

Whether you like it or not.

So the Traditional Indigenous Australians got smashed by that sleezy pile of religious mayhem and stupidity, that ran amock and still do. Its in your constitution. Some have swallowed it hook line and sinker, and wallow in it.

'The current Oath of Office is: I, (name), do swear that I will well and truly serve the people of Australia in the office of (position) and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Australia. So help me God!'

Blinder is right. Its pretty basic facts.

However I disagree that all Traditional Indigenous Cultures knew how to nurture the environment. Plenty of disasters there too.

History shows the Traditional Indigenous Australians were in a class of their own. All those different Cultural groups living together with out destroying each other, the environment, or trying to smash everyone in sight, as is Europe's undeniable, irrefutable record. Plus they didn't collapse. Europe owns that too. The only thing that destroyed The Traditional Indigenous Australians was a pile of self appointed God fueled psycho's, who lied their guts out after signing off with the rest of the European colonial nut jobs, claiming that they wouldn't lie their guts out. Again.

Its like being famous for being the boyz that beat the fuck out of Florence Nightingale and her whole family, before fucking them all to death.

Advance Australia fair.

Pile of bullshit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 8:27am

Could you blame it all on hoofed type animals?

Civilisations/countries that had animals they could domesticate lost the need to be nomadic and started farming the land that led to other advances in building etc, the wheel was invented through the need to use animals like horses and buffalo generally to farm.

If Australia had native animals like horses and buffalo the development of indigenous life might have taken a very different route.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 9:25am

Why not. Clutching their God given and enforced constitution, people sit in toyotas, having flown overseas to study saving the environment, wondering where to put cyclone fences, and simultaneously where their next surf charter trip is going to dump the sacks of rubbish, so that they can blame and bash the fuck out of the stinking litttle fuckin' feral cats for fucking everything up. Before they head to woolies. Having played on their laptops all day.

Meanwhile, their leaders swear to God to help them.

Anything but say the Nungas were smarter than us. Despite 60,000 years of evidence that they were.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 3:57pm

"Anything but say the Nungas were smarter than us. Despite 60,000 years of evidence that they were."

Why do you believe they are smarter?

If you believe because of survival.

We all come from the same place, anyone that is alive is part of that survival aren't we all Homo sapiens?

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 5:24pm

Necessity is the mother of all invention. Be it climate, population, disease, war. Some civilizations just found a greater need and forged ahead quicker while the stars aligned. Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm

CK I think you should go and have a read of 'Time Dwarfs', 'Sons of Prometheus'and 'Who Killed Kirlilpi' chapters in 'The Future Eaters'. Prior to human invasion, Australia was a titanic Gondwanan Rainforest, and it covered all of the north, all of the east and as far inland as Alice Springs. With notoriously infertile soils, megafauna had evolved in lock step with myriad species of nutrient recyclers.

All of it was burned. We see it in the pollen fossil record. The soils revealed were barren, and desert ensued. Eucalypts, which were a pesky 5% of the flora kept locked in coastal dunes, came to dominate the entire continent, burning it more. Hunting pressure caused time dwarfism to the remaining animals.

Contrast this to the maintenance of cattle based agriculture over thousands of years in the upper Swiss valleys, for example.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 6:32pm

"Necessity is the mother of all invention. Be it climate, population, disease, war. Some civilizations just found a greater need and forged ahead quicker while the stars aligned. Intelligence has nothing to do with it".

I agree to a certain point, but i think it's a cop out to say intelligence isn't a factor, off course it is, but not intelligence as in a civilisation/race/group/whatever labelling one group as smart or not smart.

I think the intelligence comes down to special individuals, just those one in a million freaks that make break throughs, the einstein factor.

Id expect as an areas population increased so would the chance of these freaks coming about so areas with larger populations would also be at an advantage of developing faster.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm

vj the arrival of humans in Australia did coincide with an increase in fire but most of the Gondwanan rainforest was well and truly gone by then. As Australia drifted north following the break up Gondwana its climate became hotter and drier and the schlerophyll forests that still dominate replaced the rainforest over much of the continent. Most of this occurred before humans even evolved. The evidence for a lot of Flannery's ideas in "The Future Eaters" was thin even at the time it was published and that was a long time ago. Things have moved on.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 6:50pm

Fair enough Indo. but don't forget that Einstein did his amazing work within an already established civilization that lived science. He wasn't some genius living in the artic in an igloo. He got to express his genius. Smart, but lucky and we'll timed. Goes to show how much chance has shaped our lives. A million possible outcomes but only one happened.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018 at 7:10pm

And yet the seeds of doubt remain:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2005Sci...309..287M

"Most of Australia's largest mammals became extinct 50,000 to 45,000 years ago, shortly after humans colonized the continent. Without exceptional climate change at that time, a human cause is inferred, but a mechanism remains elusive. A 140,000-year record of dietary δ13C documents a permanent reduction in food sources available to the Australian emu, beginning about the time of human colonization; a change replicated at three widely separated sites and in the marsupial wombat. We speculate that human firing of landscapes rapidly converted a drought-adapted mosaic of trees, shrubs, and nutritious grasslands to the modern fire-adapted desert scrub. Animals that could adapt survived; those that could not, became extinct."

There is one very distinct feature of the loss of our megafauna: it did not occur at that very pointed time around 13,000 years ago, such as in North America where 90 genera were lost very quickly - it happened before this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_extinction_event

"Recent studies have tended to favor the human-overkill theory."

and a chart:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_extinction_event#/media/File:Ex...

Edit: more quote from Wiki:

"Some evidence weighs against climate change as a valid hypothesis as applied to Australia. It has been shown that the prevailing climate at the time of extinction (40,000–50,000 BP) was similar to that of today, and that the extinct animals were strongly adapted to an arid climate. The evidence indicates that all of the extinctions took place in the same short time period, which was the time when humans entered the landscape. The main mechanism for extinction was probably fire (started by humans) in a then much less fire-adapted landscape. Isotopic evidence shows sudden changes in the diet of surviving species, which could correspond to the stress they experienced before extinction.[242][243][244]"