What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 11 May 2018 at 4:45pm

I haven't had time to digest this yet. Worth a good look!
http://wir2018.wid.world/executive-summary.html

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Friday, 11 May 2018 at 6:37pm

Yeh peterb, the wild west is still at it. And you can smell it a mile away. The program is running the producers. The dollar rules above all else in the wild west.

But really, as you say it goes much deeper. To the core. The wild west has a record, a trail. A rut full of shit. Endless rivers of shit. Running down legs. The snowballing pattern has been, and still is, 'SHHHHHHIIIITTTT!!!! WTF is that!!!! Kill it... squash it... bluff it, blow it up... ban it... shit on it, just make it go away!!!' Then it 'evolved' (sic), the river of shit, so to speak. 'If I get all the food and women, all of it, I'll never go hungry!!!'

'That's gonna cost ya but'.

SSSSHHHHHHIIIIITTTTTT!!!!! How farking much!!!!??? Its ok, I'm good for it!!! And there's more where that came from... isn't there... SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIITTTT!!!!'

This bit addresses your original question too blinder, and that link above.

The most successful Cultures ever, Traditional Indigenous Australians, with a record of 60,000 to 70,000 (no, that's not a misprint) years of unbroken, continual Cultural success and prosperity, a record not even remotely matched by any other cultures in human history, evolved past that primitive, brute like, manic pants shitting stage ages ago. They were smart enough to love life, to the full. Free too, anyone could afford it. No dollars calling the shots there! Not that primitive!!!

That's the west's specialty! Like this lot!!! Monkey see, monkey do!!! Its an oldie, but still goody!

'the power of positive thinking is much less than the power of negative thinking.'

I know you won't turn a blind eye blinder when it comes to inequality and abuse blinder. And that's an admirable trait. But the Traditional Indigenous Australians evolved past that quoted statement above. They weren't afraid of the big picture, Oneness, they loved It, were related to It. Always.

'For me it is not about filling your head with positive thoughts, it is about cutting off the negative thoughts.'

I knew Doc Tanzi would win you over. So, negs... poof, gone. Possies non existent. The gap... so to speak... just you, and the navel left!!! Luv it!!!

Luv ya work Doc Tanzi! Even if its already been around for a while. Look at this 'what's what' stuff here. Forget it. No solutions there. More of the same. Its starts within. Self Reliance. All the answers are in there. Look. Learn how to save yourself first. Then educate. Send Doc's mob down to the local play group, kindy, school and uni. Its a no brainer.

Just let fucking go!!! Lester Levenson did it extremely well.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 11 May 2018 at 11:15pm

Seen too many people fill their heads up with ego driven "positive" thinking Crypto. It didn't do them any good because it was all about them. Genuine positive thinking, a,ways being positive to others, is pretty rare. The Doc had something to say about that from memory, but it came a bit late in the message. The only proven path to happiness is through helping others. If he started from there I would take him more seriously.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Friday, 11 May 2018 at 11:32pm

Yeh, its easy to talk about positive thinking, meditation, lurve, truth, agreed, but results show the true story. Like workouts, nutrition habits.

Plus, as you said earlier, the truth is, some hate the truth!

But, Doc Tanzi has devoted his life to helping others. Unless those with Alzheimer's don't count? Or all the students that he teaches? Or all that have benefited from reading his books.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 12:13am

'......so we sink further and further into the spectacle. Everything reduced to imitation and reflection as we get washed into ever shallower water, feeling ever weaker sensations until it is all just VR and synthetic chemicals.'

I agree with this sentiment. Its a by product, a result, of western culture. In my work, I see it increasing, virtually daily, across the board. People who have lost all notion of self reliance. Of fitness. Completely dependent on anything but themselves saving them. Unfit to help themselves. Unsure, no direction, or confidence to rely on and back themselves.

And, the 'culture' loves it. Encourages it. 'Thrives (sic) on it.

'Really? Surely you didn't say that with a straight face.'

'Straight face, twisted mind.'

Fuck, that slattso pond thing's nothing, have a look at this ludicrous shit.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180503142706.htm

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180503142720.htm

Seriously, the actual truth, the reality is, stop stuffing your face, doing fuck all, and learn to build and develop a successful way of thinking, and to control your mind and thoughts. Its entirely possible, won't cost a fortune, or the environment for that matter.

'Robot... heeeeeelllppp... I'm under siege, from liars, and starving to death... bring me food!!! And, yyyyyyuuuuukkkk!!!!! Robot, what are you doing... I had this flavour donut yesterday... I'm sick of you already... when's the new model robot coming out anyway!!!??'

Na, no thanks, not slightly interested. Luv ya work Doc Tanzi and co.

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 12:11pm

William Buckley, the wild white man, knew a few things about aboriginal tribes in the early days .... reading his story might put a few facts into your narrative, Krypto.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 1:32pm

Caaarn peterb, to borrow a now famous and notorious swillnut club quote,

'Really? Surely you didn't say that with a straight face.'

In a nutshell, another famous 'tell all' (sic) tale! Swillnuttin' 101! There's some bewdy's out there! And some real bewdy's to come.

I actually have heard about Buckley. I studied Indigenous Australian Cultures etc. Did all right too! But lets not go there, there's enough distraught swillnuts pacing the shed floors, braces on too tight, nostrils flared and dripping, for one day. Plus, I train a lady that does ultra and extreme events regularly, and is one of only five woman in the world to have completed an extreme, survival event, Buckley's Chance.

Dontcha luv it when you read those 'tell all' (sic) sagas, and you actually know they've hardly told anything!!! Hilarious shit!!! The wild west!!!

Twinnies are fucked in the barrel!!! Rich... and them others... they just... well... ahh in a nutshell, fuckit!!!

I bought some land in Elliston once, still got some of it. Epic spot. What a shit storm!!! Truth is stranger than fiction!!! Lance didn't do drugs.

So, facts. Buckley said he was innocent of his crime. Who knows? We'll never know in a nutshell. He lived with Indigenous Australians. They didn't butcher him. They didn't cut his head off to study him. They didn't treat him like a chimp. He roamed about the land with them for quite a while. And wasn't killed by any Indigenous Australians. He was in good health when he returned to live with the British. We know that's fact.

We also know that Traditional Indigenous Australians had disputes among each other, as do all groups of people. We also know that they had (and have) complex rules for dealing with those disputes. Rules which contributed to at least 60,000 to 70,000 years of not even remotely matched, continual, Cultural success. Along with huge amounts of evidence, a huge trail of evidence, endless results showing much, highly encouraged and valued, continual, peaceful, social interaction, ceremony, and respect and reverence, for all life, not just human life. Which, many westerners hate and despise with a vengeance. Because it doesn't fit, suit the proven, beyond any sceric of doubt, sleezy lie of foundation of 'advance ozzy fair'.

Traditional Indigenous Australians. 700 (no, that's not a misprint) different cultural groups. 60,000 to 70,000, at least (no, that's not a misprint) years of not even remotely matched, continual Cultural success. That's the unpolluted version. Before the wild west got their innocent (sic) bloodstained, sleezy, proven lying mits on it. And cum up with them 'tell all' (sic) tales! In a nutshell, don't ya just luv them 'tell all' tales! When ya know the stuff they didn't tell!!!

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 1:59pm

Let her rip ....

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 2:01pm

How did ya know!!!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 3:00pm

"Seen too many people fill their heads up with ego driven "positive" thinking Crypto. It didn't do them any good because it was all about them. "

Sounds like you've spent some time in bali of late with the self proclaimed godesses.

The place is overrun with the claptrap

I thought the men were meant to be the egomaniacs!

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 3:07pm

Instinctively .....

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 3:37pm

I like it! And results.

Syp, lets not forget those ego fueled negative thoughts either. Radical results too.

Intention rules. The key. Deep down. You can meditate on anything. There's no limit there. Its like the gym, you can say you're concentrating on your breathing, but if you are wondering what time the cricket starts. You can say you want Oneness... but...

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 3:52pm

And peterb, ... , that 5th dot. Irresistible.

AaronS's picture
AaronS's picture
AaronS Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 3:59pm

“I like it! And results.

Syp, lets not forget those ego fueled negative thoughts either. Radical results too.

Intention rules. The key. Deep down. You can meditate on anything. There's no limit there. Its like the gym, you can say you're concentrating on your breathing, but if you are wondering what time the cricket starts. You can say you want Oneness... but...”

Crypto, sounds like a classic case of “do as I say, not as I do”. At any point do you actually practice what you preach?

Now, you can either bag the shit out of me or answer my question seriously. Which one would Tanzi choose?

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 4:33pm

'Which one would Tanzi choose?'

Ones like these ones.

Some direct references in there about people I've helped recently, because of my beliefs and choices.

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/358316

Those results should keep you pretty stoked for a while AS!!? Should've seen last week but!!! There's heaps of them, some really deluxe ones, 45 years is a long time. Still in a nutshell AS, some people hate that stuff, with a vengeance. Ego. Not you though!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 5:56pm

Not sure what you're hinting at there Cryptokunight. I have no ego at all, it is one of the many benefits of being a loser.

You're right about intentions though. I've gotten away with all sorts of rule bending with the power of good intentions. The gods are watching, they know who the frauds and wankers are.

I've got to say though, whilst I love your work, it appears you are the last person that should be preaching about ego.

And while I'm having a dig, again I really do love your work, so no offence, you don't see any contradictions in you one minute telling us what a fine genetic specimen you are, then the next, telling us it's all about hard work in the gym and positive thoughts?

Just wondering...

Mrsuplift's picture
Mrsuplift's picture
Mrsuplift Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 6:48pm

How can someone who used to get so blazed they could not even speak or function, shoulder hop only high tide blacks and basically clear the line up at small hot spot due to the danger to all the kids from from being an absolute kook think they are an expert in anything other than eating eggs and talking crap?
Your a bloody joke Mick

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 12:04pm

Crypto has been incredibly generous with good advice on all aspects of fitness to lots of people, including me, in these forums. He also writes stuff that a lot of us enjoy. So Mrsuplift, what have you got to offer except your obvious insecurity? Presumably you have never been shit-faced and are acknowledged as an outstanding surfer at Blacks and if so, guess what, it still doesn't justify your comments.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 5:02pm

Here's some good reading re the Buckley myth raised by peterb. Naturally any serious study in Traditional and contemporary Indigenous Australian affairs looks at that type of thing in great depth. Buckley wasn't the only example.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=sJlfBIsbPzMC&pg=PA147&lpg=PA147&dq=...'s%20account%20of%20Buckley's%20life&f=false

Ha, thanks blinder, but again these guys are harmless.

Poor old ma lift. If people can't read between the lines, that's ok. Again, in a nutshell never let the truth get in the way of a good story! I was actually the first surfer to get on the Elliston Council, although others had tried many times. I was approached and invited to be on the council, by the farmers, who were sick of the monopoly and corruption.

Poor 'ol ma lift will never forget that 79 to 1 (no that's not a misprint) infamous Ellie basketball game, when I left the surfers team for their own good, as they actually believed that it was because of them that they were suddenly winning for the first time after I started playing. Again, ego's will despise that fact, but its just what happened. I had some primary school kids who had never played before, make up the numbers, to play against the mighty surfee lads. Basketball had become popular on the peninsula, and everyone from the whole district came to watch. Including the tourists in town. 79 to 1 (no, that's not a misprint). Immortalized in the local papers. Oh the joy!!! I was very humble, and barely said a word throughout the match, that match against the mighty, self proclaimed superstar surfee 'thletes. Oh the joy!!! Well I must admit, that's not true, I did have a bit to say... well... a fair bit... well, actually... (not even five dots will cover it). The classic was that the town clerk, that loved harassing surfers was umpiring, but in the end even he stopped laughing (I didn't but), and warned me that if I didn't stop mocking the mighty 'thletes, he would tech foul me. With 30 secs to go he did, and one of the mighty 'thlete surfees fluked a free throw, making the final score 79 to 1 (no that's not a misprint). 79 to 1. Yes, 1... one. Geeks reduced to being saved by the town clerk!!! Oh the joy!!! And to top it off, the surf was pumping next day!!! Oh the joy!!! The look on the tourists faces!!! Poor 'ol ma lift. He was, and never will be the same. Imortalized forever.

Then of course there was the time the best surfer I've ever seen at blax, a young newy lad, produced a basketball from the back of his fourby, and started some sort of ludicrous debacle on the cliff edge. Which ended in him, being a newy lad, issuing a bold one on one challenge. I'd actually played in newy quite a bit. Oh the joy!!! Nought. Zero. Zilch. Nothing at all for newy... 0. Yes, 10/0, 20/0, 30/0, 40/0, 50/0, 60/0, and so on, and on, and on, and on... At first just a few kids watched. As wordy got out, as it does in a small town, well, it got ugly. Oh the joy!!! Again, I had very little to say, and did my utmost, and in fact still do, to forget the horrendous drubbing. Anyway, I understand the poor 'ol ma lifts.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 2:23pm

It's only taken 18 months, but it appears the new york times in finally ready for some self reflection...

Or desperation...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/12/opinion/sunday/liberals-youre-not-as-...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 2:50pm

And, a good insight into so called 'trumpism' from 3 lifelong democrats...

"...For Smith, who lives with her husband, George, on a working farm in nearby Saybrook, the political tipping point—even more than the job losses and the decay of the area—was a result of her faith and her growing disconnect on cultural issues from the candidates she had previously supported.

“I had looked the other way for far too long, had accepted that I was supposed to be more modern in my views when I wasn’t comfortable with the views my party started to take,” Smith says, making clear that this was a difficult decision to have made and to discuss publicly. “And I took a stand for myself, my beliefs, for life, and for my country.”

She says she also took a stand for her community: “All of this decay has happened under their [the Democrats’] watch.”"

Next person...

"...Going back to his vote for Obama, he repeats: “You know, in politics ‘change’ is a very good line, but I don’t think any of it really meant anything. My vote ended up going for a guy who went back and apologized for everything we have done in our history, that is something that I know I can’t do because I don’t look back on anything that I’ve done. Because if you know that you’re doing right, you can’t go back and apologize,” Keenan says.

“So here’s what I haven’t told you: my firstborn was a stillborn child, and she was the little girl. And I know that everything that we go through in our lives makes us who we are today. And that’s for the whole nation. And I can’t imagine going back and apologizing for everything in our lives, because it makes us become stronger for everything that we go through. And the bad things actually make us better, if you aren’t bitter.”

They strengthen your character, he adds. “The biggest disappointment with Obama was the direction of the country, it just tanked and I don’t mean the recession, I mean where he took the country in the face of that. I kept hoping he’d get it right, I kept hoping he was going to change, the simple fact is he did want to change the country, but not in the right direction.

“Why I liked Trump was because he is going to clean out Washington,” Keenan says. “You know, when I was little I remember going to visit my grandpa and grandma, I got to stay down there for a week. They had just taken this farm property over, which that eventually became the family farm. They were clearing rats out of a building, and I’ll never forget how they got the rats out of the building. It’s the same concept—they have to want to leave. Trump is the kind of guy who is going to make the rats in Washington want to leave, he is going to be so disruptive, so outside the norm, that the swamp will drain because the swamp can’t stand him and how he is running things.

“That is how you really change things. You make it so offensive for the swamp rats to be there, so unlike anything they had experienced, rip their power out from under them, and that is what he is doing. But that, that gets the country going in the right direction."

And from no. 3

"...Throughout and after the 2016 campaign, national news outlets were full of derision for this easy-to-spot hard-core type of Trump voter. “Trump owes his victory to the uninformed,” screamed a piece in Foreign Policy magazine two days after the election, under the unnuanced headline “Trump Won Because Voters Are Ignorant, Literally.” It became formulaic for analysts who did not understand the Trump voter to ascribe their motivations to either economic desperation or a lack of intelligence, or both. “Why are white, uneducated voters willing to vote for Trump? Job unhappiness to be sure, but I would posit that it is also because they have not been adequately educated to understand just how dangerous a President Trump would be to the Constitution,” wrote one Newsweek pundit.

Those insults say more about their writers than the Luzerne County voters who too many journalists, sitting an easy drive away in their New York bureaus, did not come to meet. The common analytical inaccuracy of describing Trump supporters as unthoughtful rubes is driven as much by the lifestyles of the analysts as the intellect of those analyzed."

"...The common analytical inaccuracy of describing Trump supporters as unthoughtful rubes is driven as much by the lifestyles of the analysts as the intellect of those analyzed."

Repeated for emphasis

https://www.thedailybeast.com/these-lifelong-democrats-voted-for-trump-a...

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Monday, 14 May 2018 at 2:57pm

desperation it is...that was really some terrible reasoning.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 14 May 2018 at 3:19pm

Wasn't it? George Dubya starts a $17 trillion ongoing war that kneecaps the country, yet “All of this decay has happened under their [the Democrats’] watch.”

Then the hackneyed 'Trump clearing the rats of Washington' doctrine.

Fuck me...

People can believe what they want but that doesn't change the fact that some people just have shit for brains.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 5:04pm

I don't think many people dispute the fuck up that was dubya's war. The problem is clinton and co. backed it at the time. And while I still have a soft spot for obama, he did little to end the ongoing invasion it seems.

I think thr decay she is referring to is more the social decay domestically. And policies that essentially enriched china and the like (and it's advocates) whilst underming and impoverishing those at home who already had so little to lose.

The new dem's superkid, recently elected (I forget his name), is on record referring to washington as a 'swamp', there's clearly some badness, counter productivity, and self preservation that has built up over recent times. Without donald trump raising this issue there would have been no one else with the balls or inclination to do so.

I still cannot believe trump is there, and don't particulary like that he is, but surely 'revolution lite' is better than the real full blown one that would have eventually developed had the status quo continued? (revolution lite credits to blowin)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 14 May 2018 at 4:08pm

There's no arguing with stupid.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 4:04pm

Yeh just keep that a goin guysmiley...good luck with that...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 14 May 2018 at 4:13pm

I think we would actually agree on much Sypkan, never a fan of American foreign policy and their ability to fuck up and go to war for the wrong side but its the right of politics in the US that starts the wars, going way way back to Vietnam, they are a joke really, they ought to fuck off out of the ME and focus on the Pacific rim where they have been asleep while China expands its influence.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 14 May 2018 at 5:03pm

sypkan, it has been a race to the bottom between the Democrats and Republicans for several decades now. From the incredible folly of the Gulf War to Clinton's "war of Monica's dress", the behaviour of both parties in government has been beyond reprehensible. Time and again they have sacrificed lives in the Middle East for domestic political gain. Trump is at best no different and at worst.......well let's not think about that. The first military action he personally authorised resulted in a significant loss of civilian life and his foreign policy has been reckless and inconsistent. I think the world has been extremely slow to catch on to the fact that, as Peter Hartcher in the SMH stated on the weekend, the US is a rogue nation. For me this goes all the way back to the liberation of Kuwait. From that point on it was clear that their collective ignorance and hubris was the greatest threat to world peace. A conclusion for which recent history provides over whelming evidence. Following 9/11 they began to suffer from some sort of national psychosis from which they have never recovered. In this context it is worth putting that event in to context. It was a series of horrific terrorist acts against a civilian population yet the total loss of life was trivial compared to the unnecessary deaths caused by US bombs and sanctions in Iraq, during and following the Gulf War. Half a million children under 5 died prematurely in that period. The path to global peace is for those nations which have traditionally allied themselves with the US to break those alliances and seek partnerships amongst themselves and with other nations, more inclined to peaceful co-existence and suffering from fewer collective national psychoses.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 5:48pm

I agree with all of the above. I would only add to blinboy's 9/11 analysis what America was doing pre 9/11 which I believe was a large catalyst/karma trigger. They were turning a complete blind eye to the israeli invasion of palestinian territory. Which is kind of not surprising, normal, and ongoing, but at that time there was actual footage (if u knew where to look because it certainly didn't make to commercial tv - a bigger problem in itself...) of this invasion taking place by tanks literally flattening palestinian houses by driving straight over them. Straight through villages, reducing them to rubble. Hell of a way to be a good neighbour.

re. Trump's foreign policy, yeh it's lacking, because...well...er...he literally doesn't have one. I think people forget he didn't expect to win anymore than the experts expected him to win.

Flabbergasted, both the experts, and him, to the point he was literally speechless at his victory speech ( for the first time in his life). Watch the footage it's got to be the shortest one in history.

This shows two things, how entrenched the system and lack of change is. And how intolerable the corruption of democracy had become for many people.

His only foreign policy is basically to be less interventionist, that's what he campaigned on. And he has kind of stuck to it.

While some experts (and blindboy) will argue what a disaster he is internationally, my biggest surprise is how well he is doing. Be it china, saudi arabia, japan or north korea, he has been kind of successful and well recieved evrywhere. I have two theories on this. One, much of the world is quite happy with a less interventionist USA (fair enough, all good). And two, he is blunt to the point of being rude (for us). I think this bluntness translates well to countries where english is a second language, for two reasons, they know where they stand. And because much of the world doesn't bother with all that political correctness we have become obsessed with.

Obama was a wonderful orator, capable of even winning over rednecks with his charm. But I've read many articles that have said other countries never knew where he stood. Saying one thing, then doing another. Trying to be all things to all men. Endeavouring to please all whilst not rocking the boat. But in the end acheiving little and pissing off the hardnuts. I think it's a result of growimg up in java. Many say the same of SBY. It's a very javanese trait.

Just my opinoins. Tear me apart....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 14 May 2018 at 6:14pm

100% agree especially the last two paragraphs.

It's weird I think most people expected so much from Obama and ended up disappointed.

On the flip side when Trump got elected it was kind of a mix of WTF? a chuckle a smile and then oh shit this could go real bad for everyone real quick.

And now it's like hey it's over a year latter and he is still here and arguably doing better than most USA presidents in regard to the world in general and it seems the USA isn't doing to bad either.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 14 May 2018 at 6:27pm

Coincidentally I cam across a Hunter S. Thompson quote about 9/11. At least one American knew what was happening.

"We are At War now – with somebody – and we will stay at war with that strange and mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives. It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fuelled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines, and no identifiable enemy…"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 7:13pm

Go hunter!

Pulling out the profoundest of prophecies....and then topping yourself....nice work...

My friend's afghani descent, longterm aussie, aussiest of aussies (alcoholic, drug addled but super cool) father said much the same, before falling off the perch.

"We've just kicked the hornet's nest"

Hardly original...except he said it way before the experts did.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 14 May 2018 at 7:42pm

It was the US that kicked the hornets nest sypkan when they based their troops in Saudi Arabia prior to the liberation of Kuwait. This was one of the most spectacularly stupid decisions in history and you didn't need to be an expert to see it. That infidels should be allowed onto that holy soil was taken as a profound insult to Islam by many, including Osama bin Ladin who immediately began plotting his revenge......9/11. Those of us who spoke out at the time were reviled for pointing out the obvious, that it was primarily about oil.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 14 May 2018 at 8:40pm

Yep, right there with ya blindboy.

Forgive me, but for 'progressives' to believe this long and torrid history can be overcome with good vibes, nice words, and positive thinking, whilst fuelling and feedimg the beast (not to mention profitting from) comes across as naive to the extreme to say the least.

Bernie knows...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 14 May 2018 at 10:36pm

Stu, while Dubya kneecapped the US with Iraq, it was the 1997 Clinton granting of 'most favoured nation' trade status to China which began the large scale shipping of 5 million jobs offshore for short term profits. The process had begun under NAFTA (as Ross Perot and Donald Trump pointed out at the time). The type of people it hurt (productive working class people of any skin colour, professionals training in fields like engineering) were the tidal wave that bought Trump to power - look at the county maps.

Guy Smiley, Vietnam escalation was signed by Kennedy and enlarged by Johnson, that's one for the Dems.

Agree being in the holy land pissed off 'the list'. They had been funded as a proxy against Russia in Afghanistan prior to that. I remember having dinner with a Russian colleague and her husband just as US was going in there, he had been former KGB and one of the first units into Afghanistan in 1979, he was watching the screen, quietly laughing and shaking his head.
Trump is having surprising success in foreign policy: we are on the cusp of peace breaking out on the Korean Peninsula, and a potential reunification. Remember, the war of the 1950s never had an official cease fire and treaty/declaration of peace. He seems to use aggression, and posturing, to bring sides to the negotiating table. That is happening now with Iran.
There's a lot happening behind the scenes we can't see, I think the swamp is being drained.
US as a great power has always oscillated between isolationism and involvement in its foreign policy - that is why it is so inconsistent - and we are at the point of a swing back to isolationism as they rebuild themselves from within.
The world of the 21st century will pivot around 3 great powers, not one: Russia, China and the US. (In fact, periods of a lone superpower are anomalous). And so to understand it, we need to go back and look at the period from the Armada to about 1914, as alliances rise and fall.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 11:09am

VJ nice to see you are so optimistic about Korea. A more realistic position might be that this is just another step on a very long road. The North has a long history of periods of aggression followed by periods of negotiation and limited cooperation. The current cycle has been a bit more extreme in both directions but basically, more of the same. I think Trump has driven the extremism but it seems very unlikely that he will change the long term pattern.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:09pm

The point is pumping and everything is well with the world.

That's what.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:15pm

Happy days.

Around here it’s gone next level fly blown with this hot offshore. Flies for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:28pm

You waiting for surf?

Food: I just scarfed two Vietnamese pork rolls with extra chili.
Drink: Can of Coke.
Now: I need to sleep.

That's what.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:40pm

Surf today but I’ve done another run to town due to a failed zipper on the cooking tent which is making the fly situation untenable.

Did you get any good ones this morning ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:43pm

Very satisfied.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 12:54pm

I need this high to fuck off, that’s what’s what.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 1:06pm

Nah, leave it just where it is, doing great things here!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 11:08am

The above comment wasn't really directed at you personally blindboy, though no doubt it seems so.

I'm just pointing out that, burdened with all these issues to face, all clinton and co.had to offer was an ongoing attempt to shut down any conversation whatsoever. All this shit has been brewing for decades, just like the wider globalisation debate. Globalisation hasn't been producing the goods for quite some time now. Yet the only word we get from above, is no word at all. Just steely silence, and a 'you're just a negative/dumb cunt' belittling to boot.

This MO hasn't served the people well. It hasn't served the democrats well...not lately anyway. It did for a while,...until technology allowed the people to circumvent the non conversation. Now all is exposed. All is on the table, including the gross cronyism, corruption, nepotism, and totalitarian tendencies of the democratic party. Which were supposed to be the domains of the republicans...because the democrats told us so....over and over again...for decades. But now the democrats have been exposed, to be just as bad. No, actually, make that worse in their current manifestation.

Maybe all this is just how they like to talk (just being polite and stuff), maybe it's positive mindfulness, maybe it's political correctness run amok, maybe it's professionalism, or alinsky 101 (be it consciously or subconsciously). What it is, is not working.

Don watson has been warning of this for years (author weasal words). Saying how politician non speak and marketing spin has infiltrated the universities (whose role it was to resist such rubbish). Now it's spread right through society, at every level, every department, every office, even down to the plebs. Everyone is so busy constructing their own reality no one knows what's happening anymore. You don't have to, you just tell it how you'd like it to be.

This shit ain't working. Watson predicted what would happen, and he was all over it....break down...break down of trust, and the trusted systems.

You can keep hanging on to how it was done before. God khnows people are hanging on... tooth and nail...desperately clinging to what they believe in. But you can't control the narrative anymore. No one can. Not at this point anyway, not until we go full blown 1984 that is.

The left needs to learn how to address issues. There are signs of hope, with those recently elected into the Democrat party. Two wonderboys in two months. They are talking about stuff, and people like it. The pelosi's have to go, even with the plastuc surgery they look well past their use by date, they even look a bit evil, too many excesses, too much indulgence. Nasty evil.

This resistance stuff is hilarious. What are they resisting? A republican president who's more democrat than them, because that's about the extent of it. And their antifa offspring, fighting facism, whilst being the most facist pricks on the planet. The whole thing is quite hilarious. Lacking of any self awareness whatsoever.

And australia isn't much further behind. I will never vote right, ever! Never ever ever! But the current left in oz has so little to offer I don't think I 'll be voting for them anytime soon either. this is even with turnball running the show, the most disappointing PM ever. Nothing man. Both in policy, conviction and personality. He's even overtaken shorten in being the most underwhelming pollie ever.

I used to vote green, for protest and conviction. But I can't even do that anymore. They offer nothing. They are dead. I think I'll just stay home. Which I thought I'd never say. I despise people who don't exercise their privelage to vote.

Watch out oz for a shock outcome like america. Just because the politicians were so pathetic no one could be bothered getting off the couch.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 12:02pm

Feel free to aim shit at me anytime sypkan, I like a bit of passion. I think your points about globalisation are true enough as long as you keep,the focus on the west. When you include China, Indonesia, India etc in the equation, things look a bit different. The price has not been evenly paid because of the greed of the wealthy and their hired politicians, but even so, the dislocation experienced in the developed economies seems a reasonable trade for a couple of billion people lifted out of poverty, which is the side of globalisation that people forget. Competition within the global economy is only part of the story. Wealth increases in one region can translate to wealth increases in others. When we lift people put of poverty we all stand to gain.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 8:00pm

I will sacrifice myself, yet again, and I'll be the one who brings the elephant into the room. But first, the room needs to be prepared. As you do, when you create a scene. In a nutshell. Somebody's got to lift the thing off Doc Tanzi. He's just an innocent kid, after all.

So, anyway, I ate around 120 (no that's not a misprint) or so eggs a week, week after week after week after... year after year after year, for decades. Its not hard to prove. Not to mention the results. Well, for starters, I'm in my sixties and train people half my age in health and fitness. In an industry that chews them up, and spits them out, and flushes them faster than most. Got some amazing references, hundreds and hundreds of the fuckers, gotta luv ya references! Although, again, in a nutshell, some hate the evil, stinkin', vile, foul things with a vengeance!!! But, I have to admit, in a nutshell, even though it drives swillnuts crazy with a positively stinkin', putrid, foul vengeance, I've got no injuries. No illnesses. No highchair either.

During that time, starting around 40 years ago, pretty much everyone said that I would die very soon. Because of those eggs. Very, very, very soon. Real soon. A horrible, stinkin' death too. They said. With a vengeance. Most of them are permanently injured, or sick now, some dead, many the walking dead anyway. Some in highchairs. I remember having blood tests, passing with flying colours, amazing results, only to be told I was dying when I mentioned the eggs. And the cream, and the butter, and, of course next to no fruit. Or sprouts. Sprouts were in back then. Once when the doctor, matron and CEO that I worked for demanded that I have the government administered cholesterol checks (they hated cholesterol back then... most still do... the sick ones... with a stinkin' vengeance too), I said I would, only if they would change their thinking when they saw the results. As the sneering nurse sunk home the first lance, as she drew first blood, they all looked on, along with the sneering government experts (sic), 'knowing' (sic) that the tell tale results would mean certain death. Nup. Perfect, not just perfect, WTF perfect. The lance struck desperately, again, and again and again... even the blood spattered nurse was praying I would die soon. In a nut shell. But, well, anyway, they ended up getting the doctor who flunked the test, to tell all the other flunkies, how not to flunk.

Not once did anyone of those doctors or 'experts' (sic) ever think, gee, those results are awesome, I wonder about them eggs but? Not once.

So, good ol' Doc Tanzi. So passionate and exuberant. Even though others were onto it thousands of years ago. The Indians put a claim in too. Plenty have, even way further back. Its a massive, controversial subject. Thoughts, reality, the Source. A simple viewpoint, and by product, is positive thinking, to get amazing results. Where, how do those results come about. One key is persistence, that many label 'fanatical' these days.

Say hello to the elephant. I can lift it up, bring it into the room, so I will. At the risk of sypo suffering a total gene implosion. And blinder... God help him. The elephant. Bernie, meet Normie.

What if I told you, that through persistent, focused, endless positive thinking, a situation that you thought would, well is, totally, ludicrously impossible, beyond all comprehension, was possible, due to positive thinking, due to an avalanche of thought. I'm not saying its good, but when enough thought, positive, or negative is applied relentlessly, 'miracles',or the impossible becomes reality. What if I told you that the most ludicrously, ridiculously ludicrous scenario, beyond ludicrous even, would become reality. Right in front of your eyes.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/13/donald-trump-positive...

So, as donny, king the earth, has reduced you to desperately searching for someone else to save you from him, the answer is staring you in the face.

Ya gotta love good ol' Doc Tanzi, and co!!! And ya gotta luv ya eggs!!!

Luv ya work Doc Tanzi, and co! Even if it is old news!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 8:25pm

Ah yes, the great fallacy. I think it actually has a name in formal logic. It has to do with the sample from which you draw a conclusion. In this case if you sample successful people you will find many of them believe that it was the secret of their success was the power of positive thinking. The problem is that your sample is not random. You don't know how many unsuccessful people believed just as passionately in the power of positive thinking. So let me tell you of one example who will remain nameless. This person was a passionate believer in positive thinking. Surf trip one: paddled out at an extremely heavy break and started going for the bombs. Came completely unstuck on about his third day and ended up in a helicopter to the nearest large hospital where he underwent emergency surgery without which he would have died. One year later: power of positive thinking back to full power. Surf trip two: repeat surf trip one, different location, different injury but the same story. Spare me the usual trite response that somehow he just didn't didn't do the right sort of positive thinking or he didn't do enough whatever blah blah blah. That is an all encompassing excuse that holds no water at all.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 8:48pm

But there he is, donny a financial failure, but, king of the world!

'Spare me the usual trite response that somehow he just didn't didn't do the right sort of positive thinking or he didn't do enough whatever blah blah blah'

That's a tricky one. So, so, so, so (ad infinitum) many, many, many, hidden thoughts too. All day, every day. You've obviously never worked in a gym. Watching them 'concentrating' on their 'form and 'workouts'. Watching the patterns too. The instant replays.

They never did explain those eggs. 120 (no that's not a misprint) a week. Eggs... and the butter. The cream, the milk. never. not once. Ever. They got lots of explanations about all the ever exploding epidemics but!!! Who needs em!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 9:40pm

Eskimos apparently lived their entire lives on whale blubber Crypto without suffering an epidemic of heart disease.......but what about old mate with all that power of positive thinking and there he is, all fired up and smash! Straight to friggin' intensive care in a helicopter, on oxygen, on a drip, under some very friggin' serious scalpel work not once but TWICE! King of his own delusions! Random sample mate! You need a random sample! Ask yourself how many amateur boxers ended up with multiple concussions thinking Ali's secret was positive thinking when it was really hundreds of hours of training coupled with incredible natural ability!

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 10:54pm

I agree with a lot of what you say blinder. My first hand experience in the 'Personal Development' field back when I was around 20, was very revealing. Maybe 20 people attended. 'Excited, passionate, willing, able and ready to do all the work. We were supposed to have weekly catch up sessions. So exciting, so much passion!!! It was only a few weeks before it was just me, and the presenter. That experience has repeated over and over and over in a myriad of related settings in that field, across the globe. Despite even sometimes paying thousands do it. Even the presenters openly talk about it, as the people deposit their funds. From my experience, even meditating and thinking about thinking is too much for most. Including a lot of the presenters.

It does really remind me of the fitness industry, and Personal Training. So many are going to 'kill it'! At first. I've seen them come and go. Relentlessly. So much passion and excitement. And it does remind me of the experience of health and fitness. Workouts are one small factor. Yet, amazing shit there alone . I see people with their 'apps'. 'Why are you doing that?' 'Because the app said'. 'No look, it actually says the opposite?' 'Fark, no biggie anyway!' Then there's recovery. 10 hours becomes 2. Even sleep becomes watching the net to fall asleep. 'Nutrition?!!! FFS, its our right to enjoy eating shit, and becoming shit... give us a fucking break!!! FFFAAARRKKK... now what!!!'

Food for thought. Positive thinking, visualization, just a small part. Consumer affairs. Food for thought. 'FFFFAAARRRKKK!!! give us a break!!!' Again.

Yeh, The Inuit, haha, try that one on for size down at the local science church! You thinkpoor young Doc Tanzi cops a floggin'!

Same in the 'trading' field. 'Look, don't go against the trend... remember?' 'Naaarr it is goin' up, I seen it aye!!! It was right there, just a minute ago, in the middle of that farkin line goin down!' Ya gorta change yar farkin time framers, then you'll farkin' see it!!!'It's called bendin' farkin time aye but!? Double or nuffin' on up, aye... but!!!'

Then, well there's that other king of all the elephants. Even us. Why? How? And well beyond humanity. The Source. All the stuff humanity, the speck, doesn't know. Embrace That, love It for starters!