What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 24 Mar 2016 at 8:56pm

"Also .... news on Melbourne TV tonight is reporting 1/4 of Collingwood players returned positive results to recreational drugs during the off season"

Most of those are performance decreasing, Floyd. Smoking a scoob during the off season, or taking a rave biscuit on new years is a bit different to systemic cheating.

Gutter journalism 5 minutes before the season opening bounce from a Murdoch hack called robbo.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 4:47pm

you're right floyd it's rife, and difficult to draw lines, I would argue even those not 'on it' are up to all sorts of questionable behaviour in the off season, it appears the new normal is a constant risk management regime

that's not to say sheepdogs recreational pharmaceuticals are to be banned. it does need working out though. it probably hasn't been worked out because it'd require society (and especially it's rulers) to have a good hard look at itself and what'its willing to make public

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 4:57pm

stan's the man!

pulling those looney lefties and not so academic academics into line

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/31/i-dont-believe-capt...

and stan grants true Malcolm X moment...'they' called it a little early

a fantastic speach that all Australians should have seen, but didn't, because we don't

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/national-press-club:-stan-grant...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 5:03pm
sypkan wrote:

you're right floyd it's rife, and difficult to draw lines, I would argue even those not 'on it' are up to all sorts of questionable behaviour in the off season

that's not to say sheepdogs recreational pharmaceuticals are to be banned. it does need working out though. it probably hasn't been worked out because it'd require society (and especially it's rulers) to have a good hard look at itself and what'its willing to make public

"recreational pharmaceuticals"................ Is pot a pharmaceutical? It may be soon.... But i dont know if any state has formally made it legal for medical use.....

Hypothetical for you Sypo..... From what i can gather the old wacky tobaccy is totally legal in some states of the USA..... So let's say an AFL player goes for a holiday in the off season.... Whilst partying in Aspen or Portland or Seattle, The player is offered a smoke or 2 on several occasions... First he refuses.... But after an enquiry or 2, he finds out that it is totally legal, and in fact creates revenue for the state.... At the next concert or woteva, he sees a stand selling cannabis cookies..... He think "ah what the hey hey, I'm on holidays, and It's perfectly legal"

A few days later, he returns to Australia..... The AFL take a sample of his hair... it comes back positive re' thc......
Can this player say "fuck you"? Can this player say "what I do on my holidays overseas is none of my employers business, AS LONG as I don't break the laws of the countries I visit"? If this same player is offered some ceremonial Kava whilst visiting a tribe in Fiji, does he say no, and insult the tribe?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 5:35pm

well personally sheepdog I'd say he can do whatever he wants in his free time,legal or not. but of late, Australia has gone down this weird puritanical path where people are expected to appear all pure healthy and pious regardless of reality

the fact that this appearance is most important is the problem, because to casual (outside) observers they appear as delusional and twisted as that weird 80s televangelist dude, but hey all good on the surface...until it's not

I prefer reality and its sores, it appears the modern person doesn't

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 5:46pm
Sheepdog wrote:
sypkan wrote:

you're right floyd it's rife, and difficult to draw lines, I would argue even those not 'on it' are up to all sorts of questionable behaviour in the off season

"recreational pharmaceuticals"................ Is pot a pharmaceutical? It may be soon.... But i dont know if any state has formally made it legal for medical use.....

Hypothetical for you Sypo..... From what i can gather the old wacky tobaccy is totally legal in some states of the USA..... So let's say an AFL player goes for a holiday in the off season.... Whilst partying in Aspen or Portland or Seattle, The player is offered a smoke or 2 on several occasions... First he refuses.... But after an enquiry or 2, he finds out that it is totally legal, and in fact creates revenue for the state.... At the next concert or woteva, he sees a stand selling cannabis cookies..... He think "ah what the hey hey, I'm on holidays, and It's perfectly legal"

A few days later, he returns to Australia..... The AFL take a sample of his hair... it comes back positive re' thc......
Can this player say "fuck you"? Can this player say "what I do on my holidays overseas is none of my employers business, AS LONG as I don't break the laws of the countries I visit"? If this same player is offered some ceremonial Kava whilst visiting a tribe in Fiji, does he say no, and insult the tribe?

if the terms and conditions of your employment were to abstain from all illicit substances then yes your employer would have a right to sack you. the employee knew this already and so has no excuse. if he doesn't like it then he should argue the point prior not after.

whether "pot" is right or wrong in this context is arbitrary.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 6:55pm
happyasS wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:
sypkan wrote:

if the terms and conditions of your employment were to abstain from all illicit substances then yes your employer would have a right to sack you. the employee knew this already and so has no excuse. if he doesn't like it then he should argue the point prior not after.

But the substance was not illicit when and where taken.. It was not an illicit substance.

I'd take it that drink driving would also be in most contracts, with it being a criminal offence..... All states in Australia have 0.05.... Many states in the USA have 0.08..... If a player on holidays was to blow 0.078 in California, he would be allowed to drive on..... But here it would be a charge.... Similar scenario to the cannabis situation.....

BTW, don't smoke the stuff..... Waste of time....

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 7:15pm

Ah, the glamour and clamour of drugs n sport. Bringin' it back home, and on the recreational tip, is it at all news-worthy if a dude has a mysterious meltdown after a torrid time of late? Or are we in AI 'dengue' territory? A la nothing to see here style? Again?

You do the meth, kids. Sad, but true?

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 7:21pm

Yawn, idol gossip. Meanwhile:

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2016/03/12/the-rich-pe...

"Little people pay their taxes. And conservative governments answer to the big people."

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 7:32pm

"Former prime minister Tony Abbott knew his base well. That’s why, despite the crying need for reform and his commitment to deliver it, he quickly took off the table several of the most obvious options for change.

Malcolm Turnbull put them back, where they sat undisturbed for five months, before he too started taking them off.

Several of Australia’s leading experts in economics and tax law were kind enough to supply The Saturday Paper with lists – remarkably similar lists – of the biggest problem areas.

Let’s start with outright tax evasion. This is what makes a lot of small business people – the tradie who’ll do it cheaper for cash, the fish shop owner who won’t accept credit cards – very rich.

“The cash economy taskforce estimates it to be worth about $10 billion,” says Ann O’Connell, director of tax studies at Melbourne Law School.

Other estimates suggest it is much bigger than that. One credible proposition suggests 14 or 15 per cent of the whole economy is black.

The introduction of the GST by the Howard government was supposed to curtail the cash economy but has actually served to foster it, O’Connell says.

Dale Boccabella, of the school of taxation and business law at the University of New South Wales, agrees. Now theses dodgers evade both income tax and GST.

The aspect of it that particularly nettles Boccabella is the “complete deafening silence” on the part of politicians about widespread tax evasion in the small business sector. He contrasts this with the strong criticism of the tax practices of large corporates and multinationals. But small business is a bigger problem, he says."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 31 Mar 2016 at 10:46pm

The Beatles thought that money couldn't buy you love.

Someone better tell Mikey Wright that, the fucker has gone from zero to hero since his sponsor fell out of love with their ex- bestie Craig Anderson.

And I'm not talking about the paid advertisements but the unbelievable amount of editorial love showered upon him in the last few months.

Ando, conversely , is yesterday's man.

His surfing obviously not fine enough for even the slightest editorial attention since being dropped/ quitting / whatever.

Coincidence that mags love Mikey over Ando now ?

That bogan mullet and VB beats hipster hair and tight jeans so suddenly ?

Who says that the rag traders still have undue editorial influence everywhere even in this day and age ?

Note also that when Rip Curl decided to launch a marketing campaign then it was saturation coverage on EVERY surf media .

That's saturation coverage of the announcement of a marketing campaign, not even of the campaign itself.

Yet Rip Curl's exposure of the use of slave labour ?

Not so much coverage ie zero.

Ain't these Brave New Days of an independent, free thinking, up encumbered surf media such a breath of fresh air ?

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Friday, 1 Apr 2016 at 8:11am

Blowin your right like someone flicked a switch. But watch this space I reckon Ando and Dane maybe are cooking up something with HUF he has distribution sorted worldwide and not just a surf brand more like a RVCA (now bong) type company which encompasses a all sorts under its umbrella.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Friday, 1 Apr 2016 at 5:02pm

Big oil is starting to look like ando and dane, can't catch a break. I'm sure the political class has eyed their cash and historic profits as an easy target now that the tide is turning on climate change action.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 1 Apr 2016 at 7:54pm
Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 7 Apr 2016 at 6:47pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

these blokes!

http://yathink.com.au/article-display/just-who-the-hell-are-the-ipa,62

The very first post on this forum.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 7 Apr 2016 at 6:48pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Two years ago, before he was PM, Abbott made this speech at the IPAs 70th birthday celebratory dinner. The MC was Bolt. Another speaker was Rupert Murdoch. Also in attendance were Gina, Cardinal Pell, and most of the LNP front bench. It was a real plutocrat's picnic.

The actual speech used to be on Abbott's Liberal homepage. It was removed. It makes for sobering reading, especially the Christian stuff. Well may we laugh at Ben Carson in the US right now, but this guy Abbott was actually OUR PM!

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/plutocrats-pu...

here is the IPAs to-do list for Tones and the gang:

https://ipa.org.au/publications/2080/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to-t...

How much of the list has the LNP worked through? It's a shocker! And now with Malcolm on the shit-shovel, how much more is to come?

http://theaimn.com/when-you-wish-upon-a-star/

And the second.

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 7 Apr 2016 at 6:50pm
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 7 Apr 2016 at 8:52pm

hey SB, got two comments rejected today by the Age on this article, apparently its not okay to call the IPA fucktards .... and here I was thinking Fairfax liked truth in journalism!

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 8 Apr 2016 at 10:20am
happyasS wrote:

All good happy ass, but no employer has rights over the employee on their holiday. The only employers that have got this through into 'contracts' or work conditions have been on the basis of safety, so the mining industry is particularly stringent, and even miners can indulge while they are on holidays (and on weekends, as long as it's out of their system by the time they next clock on)

WADA code notwithstanding, they shouldn't be allowed to test for non-performance enhancing drugs anyway. Can't see why world sport wanted to get into that business. Puritans and fools.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 8 Apr 2016 at 10:26am
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Read this, comrades. The great right/write off:

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/opinion/topic/2016/03/26/the-end-ton...

The Saturday Paper is the only newspaper worth reading these days. $3.50, maybe 20 to 30 pages, and they are better value than every other paper on the market.

Guy Rundle is a treat too. Get onto Crikey if you're not already SB.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 12 Apr 2016 at 2:36pm

Crikey, The Saturday Paper, The Conversation, The Australian Independent Media Network...and especially New Matilda.

An example:

https://newmatilda.com/2016/04/11/the-dirty-media-war-to-stop-sanders/

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 12 Apr 2016 at 2:38pm

A commenter from above article:

Andrew Nichols
Works at Self-employed

This is parallelled by what the same Establishment is doing to Jeremy Corbyn. In the latter case we are seeing an unprecedented firestorm of hostility that replaced the derision he was subjected to in the leadership election. I'm 57 and have never seen anything like it. The hysteria is unrelenting and has gone up significantly as Cameron and the Tories are on the slide over Brexit and now the Panama papers... where Corbyn and his party's popularity is now larger than the govt. The latest tactic is an endless attack on him over alleged anti-semitism within the party. The Establishment really are terrified of both men because their messages are resonating first with the young and now increasingly the rest of us. Sooner or later, should they succeed, the same will happen to regenerate the politics of Australasia....and not before time.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 12 Apr 2016 at 2:39pm

"As Mahatma Ghandi said, ‘First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you — then you win.’"

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Tuesday, 12 Apr 2016 at 6:01pm

Living in interesting times SB. The revolution cometh, be interesting to see how this plays out.

You may well have read some of my comments, under other names (schtum), in Crikey, The Conversation, haven't got around to New Matilda much though.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 12 Apr 2016 at 6:45pm

Yep.... Interesting times indeed, Batfink, SB..... One of the Rockefellers said they wish the internet was never given to the people.... Old world tactics just don't cut through the new world web.... And the more they spin, the more they cry wolf, the more they try to control, the more cynical we all become.... Even Joe the cornflake munching murdoch reading mid strength beer drinking former smoker is starting to doubt.....

http://www.anonews.co/10-signs-the-global-elite-are-losing-control/

https://www.facebook.com/anonews.co/videos/1208144735863750/?pnref=story

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 12:48pm

Hey!!! Heeeey!!!!!! All you Strayan flag wavers!!! Yeah, you!!! You guys that have been waffling on about those horrid boat people and muslims, and Syria, and putting up no mosque banners...... You all seem pretty quiet on these developments.... No balls.....

http://www.theage.com.au/world/chinas-patriots-among-us-beijing-pulls-ne...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 1:24pm

Yeah, cause bleating on a surf site forum is going to alter the handover from the old Imperialist Masters to the New Imperialist masters.

Then you get the muppets swallowing the whole "Racism is the new paedophilia " social engineeringx propoganda handed down by the same overlords that they purport to despise.

PS The whole Man up....No Balls ...what's that about ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 5:04pm

World's biggest coal miner files for bankruptcy ........ so do the usual suspects want to explain how Adani is anything but a loss making white elephant .....

http://www.theage.com.au/business/energy/top-coal-miner-peabody-files-fo...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 6:59pm

Nothing about that deal is going ahead.

It's just being strung out to look like an employment opportunity for the masses.

It'll fall in a heap as soon as the election is over.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 7:42pm

What's What ?

I'm lost .

I'm a staunchly heterosexual male yet I still can't get my head around that latest thing featuring Chris Wards ex lady and his daughter.

Is she honestly feeling herself up in the video ?

What the fuck are they selling ? If anything ?

Don't they have enough money ?

This is a definitive low point in the world of surf advertising.

Unless it is actually meant to be soft porn and I'm overthinking it.

If so....then at it gents.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 7:48pm

Where's what what Blowin?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 7:58pm

Sorry mate, thought everyone knew .

You can find it at the shitty Stab website if you feel like it.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 8:12pm

Right, yeah, got ya. Just soft porn promo for some shit/mag/photog. More tease and titillation, same as normal for surf industry.

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Wednesday, 13 Apr 2016 at 8:58pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Hey!!! Heeeey!!!!!! All you Strayan flag wavers!!! Yeah, you!!! You guys that have been waffling on about those horrid boat people and muslims, and Syria, and putting up no mosque banners...... You all seem pretty quiet on these developments.... No balls.....

http://www.theage.com.au/world/chinas-patriots-among-us-beijing-pulls-ne...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/adelaide-sa/chinese-give-adel...

During the GFC we had to have, wealthy Chinese pounced, and bought up big. Some real estate agents saw a huge opportunity to profit, researched and understood the immigration requirements, and created a new market window. Immigration policy, plus the right contacts, meant that rich Chinese could buy their way into Australia, by owning businesses, or substantial amounts of real estate. From personal experience, at the time they aggressively sought and bought farms, fishing, and built new highly profitable businesses on dirt cheap land at bargain prices. A huge student accommodation facility was built on prime real estate in the heart of Adelaide. In the same vein as the knowledgeable with means picking the bottom of a stock market clean. Thus their children could live here too. Its still happening.

'You can find it at the shitty Stab website if you feel like it.'

Sounds like self flagellation, each to their own.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 12:48pm
Blowin wrote:

Yeah, cause bleating on a surf site forum is going to alter the handover from the old Imperialist Masters to the New Imperialist masters.

Then you get the muppets swallowing the whole "Racism is the new paedophilia " social engineeringx propoganda handed down by the same overlords that they purport to despise.

PS The whole Man up....No Balls ...what's that about ?

And bleating on a surf site about islam is gonna convert them to christianity.... FFS....

Just googled "Racism is the new paedophilia"............... Couldn't find a fucking thing on it...... except your comment.....

"The whole Man up....No Balls ...what's that about"
When i see "patriots" unfurling "get the chinese out" at footy games, or "concerned surfers" starting anti chinese threads, bleating on some surf site, I'll consider them to have grown balls..... But when the only want to pick on an easy target, I'll continue to consider them cowardly populists.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 1:11pm

Who is it doesn't like Muslims and wants them converted to Christianity ?

And who is anti - Chinese ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 1:32pm
Blowin wrote:

Question one - you tell me.....

Question 2 - no one..... Coz they got the cash, and the power...... (suck suck suck)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 3:40pm
mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 5:29pm

This article definitely worth a read - knocks it clean out of the park

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/13/alarmism-economic-i...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 7:23pm
Sheepdog wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Question one - you tell me.....

Question 2 - no one..... Coz they got the cash, and the power...... (suck suck suck)

cashed up china...agree with that SD. so what your saying is that immigration has little to do with racism and more to do with economics then.

I don't want anyone converted from Islam to Christianity. I want people converted away from all of it. Apart from the fact that its all a load of rubbish, it serves no purpose at best, and is dangerous at worst.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 14 Apr 2016 at 7:47pm
mk1 wrote:

This article definitely worth a read - knocks it clean out of the park

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/13/alarmism-economic-i...

That's it mk1, absolutely nails it.

And the solution?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 7:05am
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:35am
Blowin wrote:

This'll get your weekend off to a happy start.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-prob...

Dust off the guillotine...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:40am

Brilliant article Blowy.

Now, It's off to the salt mine for me. Have a good one.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 10:29am

Geez, and I was depending on the 'Life of Brian' for neoliberalism meanings. A mere flesh wound in the social order of life.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 11:08am

Fuck a duck a ding dong! Hold the phones! Don't tell me this shit is finally starting to seep into the public consciousness? It's only been nearly 40 fucking years!

But what can we do?

Well, here in Oz, we can start slowly but surely by firstly NOT VOTING FOR THE ARCH NEOLIBERAL ECONOMIC CUNT MALCOM FUCKING TURNBULL AND HIS MERRY BAND OF TRICKLE-DOWN FUCKWITS.

baby steps.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 11:12am

Happy.............. "cashed up china...agree with that SD. so what your saying is that immigration has little to do with racism and more to do with economics then"

Not really my point, happy..... That answer of what I am saying actually lies within Blowins very own link on neo capitalism... The serfs have been worked up into a lather over those costly boat people, boat people that are a direct side effect form , yep, neo capitalism, but served to us as free loading terrorists, even though "in the name of freedom and safety" we are bombing the fuck out of their homes..Yet we all know the bombings and war are fully backed by the mega rich oil and gas interests on both the U.S and Russian sides..... The "howard battlers" wave their flags, march with southern cross masks..... "Taste the freedom" they scream....
But where are these cretins when it comes to a godless super economy who has signed "free trade agreements" with Australia, who dump shit steel and destroy our manufacturing? Who build military islands in the middle of a sea? Who purchased an Australian port? Deathly silence... Dont stick your head out because you haven't been given permission by those at the top of the pyramid scheme.....
Sickening....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 12:06pm

And the mind boggling erosion of rights continues.....

http://www.techly.com.au/2016/04/14/nsw-government-wants-give-police-dra...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 5:09pm

I'm pretty well done and dusted on all this ..... the politics and economics of greed ....... think I'm bailing from the lot, let you all worry about it, its how i feel after spending a few days away in the bush anyway

............. got to tell the handful of you that actually give a toss ....... yesterday I sat near a group of OZ real estate agents and lawyer/accountant guys discussing major Oz real estate with 3 Asian businessmen. Overheard a full hours worth of the conversation and the advice given to the Asian businessmen on how they can get around Oz law to buy up big here. It was breath taking in what was being said and in ear shot of so many, they didn't care who heard, OZ lawyers/accountants giving advice on how to structure the investment with "bogus" OZ co-investors etc etc ......... ah who gives a fuck in the country where everything is for sale ........... I said later the bogans in the suburbs ought not be worried about the boat people or they religion they follow its what i witnessed that should scare the shit out of all of them ......... investment yes, ownership of our land no ......... most 3rd world countries prohibit it so why do we allow it? ........... anyway I'll leave it with you to solve

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 2:21pm

You need to remember one thing though Floyd. They can buy the land, they can own the land, but they can NEVER take the land or remove it.