What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 3:38pm

Blowie, you're right the alt-right here don't carry guns in public in such a threatening manner as in America (and legally as it turns out). You watched that clip this morning and do you remember that organiser tell the police "either they get their people out (from around the monument) or I've got 100 or was it 200 armed men here and I'll send them in"? Armed white fascist guy ordering the police around, talking about being emboldened. If I were the police chief I would be wanting a very stern word with that guy, anyway, pretty scary shit and makes the protesters on the other side all the braver. Big brave white supremacists guys have to arm themselves with automatic weapons to have a gathering .... and now they have the support of the president, the next protest could be bloody.

Back to Reclaim Australia, you can't deny in a month of Sundays they aren't preaching the same hate as their fellow "patriots" (fuck I hate the misuse of that word in this context) in the US; hate based on race and religion. Their demonstrations are violent where sticks and fists fly and yes the oppose protesters aren't entirely innocent but there would be a lot more blood lost if it weren't for the overwhelming numbers of police there in full riot gear.

The other thing about Reclaim Australia I find fascinating is their modus operandi where they will drive 100's of kms to a country town like Bendigo to whip up resentment and hate over the construction of a mosque. They don't live there, they are not part of the community, but the good ole boys get up there to fight for "their" Australia. Not "theirs" at all.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 3:41pm

........... and then you have Pauline Hanson who has today worn a full burqa in Senate to prove hate has no bounds.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm

so for AUS whats the solution? our govt is left with managing multicultural hatred - it exists. do you simply lock up the hating/fighting cockheads, or 'teach' them to be more accepting - well that wont work, put more police on the streets, or perhaps just resort to managing an immigration program that quells potential conflict to an acceptable minimum? all of the above presumably. but people who dont want to change wont, and we cant kick them out unfortunately, and cant stop people protesting either, although a good dose of manus island might fix a few of em up. lead by example and you fix the kids and that "helps" fix the future of the country, but kids learn as much if not more from the parents than schools.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm

Guysmiley - I've got no idea what drives those reclaim losers . Maybe they hate their lives and are looking for someone to blame.

I can see why someone would feel uncomfortable with their culture being drowned or sublimated due to a large influx of other cultures.

But that is life and evolution. Nothing has ever remained static and time will never freeze in anyone's comfort zone.

It's not anything that would make me wake up unhappy , let alone arm myself and confront others seeking violence.

It's basically Karma for Anglos doing it to the blackfellas.

As for the burka ....I find it abhorrent. It's not something that I like to be around to be honest. Just personal taste. As someone that believes the feel of sun on bare skin is as close to perfection as you can get , I cant understand it.

I find the idea of separating oneself from their fellow citizens to be a slap in the face to our society. I feel at ease when I can see a person's face.

The fact that it's got religious connotations makes it even more abhorrent.

But people should be free to do what they want . It shouldn't be banned, that's ridiculous. And I should be free to be repulsed by it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm

I'm not for banning the burqa as such, but there needs to be one law applied to all where if a face/head covering is banned in an certain area be it public or private (etc Bank) then the law applies to all and doesn't give exception based on religion.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 4:11pm

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 4:21pm

Blowhard writes "Cheers, Sheepy.

You've kicked another own goal and proven my point beautifully.

You had to go back 12 years to even find a few pissheads throwing a few slaps as evidence of the brutality of modern Australia.

Sometimes your inanity can be a blessing in disguise."

So you missed the bit where I said "I could post recent violence at Australian patriot rallies, but I couldn't be bothered"? Or just too many bongs today?

Or I could post Pauline....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 4:41pm

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 5:17pm

'Zzzzzzzzzzz'

'I suppose it's hard to see the blue sky when your head is lodged so deeply in your own date that blinking your eyes tickles your duodenum.'

'That was when the madness set in. I looked at the blue sky and the white sand and realty, or unreality, set in. I started to blather, i could not tell you for certain what i was saying but it was lost mans dribble'

Just try to stop blathering, and do your best to pull your head out of your date. But, as you constantly demonstrate, blownit, you cant.

'In fact i went into a fair spiral of hatred towards my fellow man and society in general following this little episode. I pretty much bailed on humanity till the holidays ended. Then i would cruise the short streets of 1972 with my fish killing baton at hand only half deluding myself that i was'nt looking for Loud Mouth, the man that pretty much single handedly robbed me of my love of the human race.'

That 'red mist'... it never did go away, did it blownit. Keep trying... and keep pulling.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 5:30pm
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 5:34pm

The only thing you've caught is is even more lack of credibility, which I suppose is a talent in itself, blowhard.

Mind you.... You've got that delete button.. And you still hold the record for most self deleted comments bahahaha.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 5:41pm

What the fuck is going on here ?

You clowns aren't even pretending it's about the thread anymore.

I can't believe the way you bullies are persecuting me.

I think I might be about to break.

Haven't you got any feelings ?

Can't we just get along ?

Herc's picture
Herc's picture
Herc Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 5:46pm

'The red mist' is getting denser. The 'fish killing baton at hand'.

That 'baton' is always in hand, isn't it blownit.

Oh dear. Here we go again blownit.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 6:06pm

Um, Blow-in, you realise you've morphed into Donald Trump?!

It's all there.

And we're all seeing it.

So sad.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 at 7:23pm

Cause I don't like burkas ?

But wait , I've got another shocking confession to make ...
I don't like cravats either .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 8:59am

Blowin if you don't like burqas you are not alone, I've had the conversation many times with Indonesians including muslims and they also don't like burqas.

I mean anyone that has travelled Indo will know how rare it is to see a women wear one in Indonesia (the country with the worlds biggest islamic population) and in the rare cases i have seen them almost always they are with men of middle eastern appearance.

There is a reason why most people don't like burqas and niqabs, apart from the fact they are sign of oppression.

Facial expression is very important to humans when we can see someones face especially eyes and mouth, we can get an indication of how they are feeling, are they sad, happy, threatening etc

In turn we will react, if they smile we smile back, if they are sad, we may try to comfort them if they look threatening we may look away, same as if they appear angry we may avoid eye contact or even flee the scene, how we react with person by our facial expression also communicates back to the person.(without this basic form of communication in the real world it would be very hard to even make a new friend or find a partner)

Seeing each others faces in the real world is one of the most important forms of communication between humans and goes back to our roots when we were more primitive and ape like, apes and monkeys still use facial expressions to communicate.

Taking away the facial expressions of a women is a form of oppression it creates a barrier between her and the world and takes away the most simple form of human communication (that is not voice) but visual facial expressions, not only that but the lack of interaction and communication ensures that the women will not interact with others unless she speaks, giving the man the control over his possession the women.

PS. Ive thrown in the words real world above, because some smart arse will try to say, i can't see your face etc, no shit we are using another form of communication here, written words, but as we know without seeing the persons face, it is often hard to know the intent behind written words, are they serious, spinning crap or being sarcastic? etc

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 9:12am

While we are on not liking people for what they wear.I don't like Everlast wearing bumbag toting tracksuited toothless individuals for some reason.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 9:28am

I don't like unbuttoned, long-sleeved, collared shirts in the surf.

Really makes me feel uneasy.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 11:36am

im not going to comment on hanson at all, and none of my comment here has anything to do with her. her burka bullshit tactics are pretty see-though.

but why does every aspect of a minority groups culture need to be accepted? if not wearing a burka HELPS muslim people to get along with other more dominant cultures then what is wrong with that? its about practical measures to makes things work here. if allowing burkas creates additional conflict then that is just plain dumb and pushing peoples buttons.

the problem is that everyone is expecting magical fixes to problems, but culture is innately lethargic to change. people will not change overnight. and to force majorities to accept things that they have due cause to be concerned about is no way towards a peaceful society.

as always, compromise is the key. you give up what you can and fight for whats important.

and, no, I dont like burkas. indos response are my sentiments.

Payp's picture
Payp's picture
Payp Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 11:50am

Fuck I don't like cunt's parking in my spot at the point.I've been parking there for forty year's!!!!Fuck and they all seem to ride those new fangled firewire fuckin' stick's Hurley this and Hurley that fuck what's wrong with them.Havn't they heard Hot Tuna fuck I wish they would go back to where they came from.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:06pm

The local shopping centre has a pilates and two yoga studios and all the young mums shop in their super tight active wear, I really hate that .......

Hanson: it takes a particular type of stupid to unite all sides of politics and ethnic groups, but she's done it.

Its pretty simple all religious groups need to follow the law of the land. If the law says no head covering in certain situations e.g. in courts or banks, so be it. I note that just last week Catholic Archbishop Hart said he would defy the proposed law (about confessionals) as recommended by the Royal Commission into the sexual abuse of children. At the time I thought that would be massive news in the media if the Catholic Hart was a Muslim cleric talking about child brides ..... just another example of the double standards we live with everyday of the week.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm

"Um, Blow-in, you realise you've morphed into Donald Trump?!

It's all there.

And we're all seeing it.

So sad."

Hah! Coops has nailed it! And I thought Seppo was the guy!

Tremendous!

Speaking of which, toupees and comb-overs I find disturbing. And fake tan.

Oh, and peanuts that wear their ignorance like a fucking badge of honour.

Tremendously sad losers!

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:12pm

The farce is strong in this one...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm

I think people are completely missing the point if you think it's about not liking a certain type of clothing.

It's about a double standard, there is double standards in that you can wear a religious/ethnic face covering in some areas public or private where you can not wear a non religious face covering.

There needs to be one rule/law for all, giving exception based on religious/ethnicity is just as bad as discriminating based on religion/ethnicity.

It's really simple make one rule for all and stick to it, allow face covering or don't.

All that said even among muslim Australians the percentage that would wear a burqa is extremely small, personally I've only seen a handful in Australia. (and Indonesia)

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:21pm

Yeah, we get which way your hair blows, dude.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:23pm

Speaking of idiots...TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!

"After a relatively conventional response to the attack, in which he went on to Twitter to call on the people of Barcelona to be “tough and strong” and offer help from the US, he posted another, more cryptic, tweet, saying: “Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!”

The tweet echoed a highly controversial claim Trump made at an election rally in South Carolina in February 2016, in which he talked admiringly about a counter-insurgency in the Philippines conducted by Gen John Pershing between 1909 and 1913, when he was governor of Moro province.

“They were having terrorism problems just like we do,” Trump said. “And he caught 50 terrorists who did tremendous damage and killed many people. And he took the 50 terrorists, and he took 50 men, and he dipped 50 bullets in pig’s blood.”

He claimed that Pershing then “had his men load his rifles and he lined up the 50 people, and they shot 49 of those people. And the 50th person, he said, ‘You go back to your people and you tell them what happened.’”

In 2016, Trump claimed such mass executions ended the Islamic insurgency for a quarter-century. “Twenty-five years, there wasn’t a problem,” he said. In his new tweet he revised that estimated upward to 35 years."

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 12:28pm

Wait, there's more...

"This account of Pershing’s actions has circulated on the internet since 2001 but historians say there is very little if any evidence to support it, and Trump was denounced for his support of mass killing aggravated by racist insults. But the outburst solidified his support among the US far right, and did nothing to impede his victory in the Republican primaries and then the election last November. Trump appears to have had domestic politics in mind when he sent out his tweet in response to the Barcelona attack.

His relationship with that section of his support has come under renewed scrutiny since the attack on a crowd in Charlottesville, Virginia, by a white supremacist on Saturday. It took him two days to assign blame directly on the far right, only to contradict himself the next day with a claim that “both sides” were to blame for the incident.

Trump was much faster in pointing the finger of blame in the wake of Barcelona, but his erratic response echoed the controversy over Charlottesville, in which conventional political language, apparently drafted by aides, has alternated with a personal gut reaction that has had an explosive and divisive effect.

The French president, Emmanuel Macron, appeared to take on Trump in his Twitter reaction to the Barcelona attack. An initial tweet offered solidarity for the victims of and the pledge: “We remain united and determined.” But in a follow-up, Macron – who has repeatedly acted as a foil to Trump on the world stage – said: “We stand beside those who fight racism and xenophobia. It is our common fight, in past and present.” He added the hashtag: #Charlottesville."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/17/donald-trump-barcelona-rea...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm

Multiple fatalities after another Islamic terror attack .

Half a dozen other suicide bombers killed by police and the boys don't want to talk terrorists anymore.

Now it's about something Trump said.

And Macron gets hailed as a legend for saying the same thing he said after the last mass fatality due to terrorism rather than actually doing anything what so ever.

Funny old world.

I think Trump is a fucking moron , but I'd still trust him before I trusted that stooge Macron. The fucker is a pretty Tony Blair.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 4:13pm
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 5:37pm

"Multiple fatalities after another Islamic terror attack .

Half a dozen other suicide bombers killed by police and the boys don't want to talk terrorists anymore."

Wow! First I've heard of this Blow-in. Cheers for the heads-up.

Has it been reported anywhere else in the mainstream media? Is there any chat about the 'existential threat' of 'Islamic terrorism' anywhere else too?

Maybe we should start a thread or go back to that other one by The Ween. See you there. Let's hash this out people. New ideas welcome.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 5:05pm

"Islamic terror attack". Did you steal this out of Donald's mouth, Blowie? Or just another example of you and Trump being simpatico?

"Trump's national security adviser Lt. General H.R. McMaster says using the the president's term "radical Islamic terrorism" isn't helpful for US goals.
McMaster said jihadist terrorists aren't true to their professed religion and that the use of the phrase "radical Islamic terrorism" doesn't help the US in working with allies to defeat terrorist groups.
"The phrase is unhelpful because terrorist organizations like ISIS represent a perversion of Islam, and are thus un-Islamic", McMaster said.
An administration official acknowledged there is a "genuine difference of opinion" between Trump and McMaster on the use of "radical Islamic terrorism."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 5:14pm

You mean General McMaster that made his name bombing Muslims in several different countries ?

Yeah , he'd be the one to ask regarding mollifying Islamic extremists.

Try again , dumb cunt.

Shatner'sBassoon Saturday, 19 Aug 2017 at 12:16am

He's Trump's pick for National Security Adviser.

Sure your old smart arse = dumb cunt coin isn't double sided?

Dumb cunt.

Come in Donald, I mean spinner.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm

Who'd a thunk bombing the fuck out of people would create terrorists? Maybe you and your huge IQ (that you told us about...actually I think Donald has made the same claims. Bingo! Simpatico!) should get the gig instead, Blowie?

The Donald loves a blowie.

Apparently.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 10:51am

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 11:10am

Why won't he ever show us his teeth?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 11:15am

Good to see that Trump sorted out the North Korea issue.

Not much being said about that .....

Show of force and return of threat forcing China's hand. The best way to deal with any standover tactics.

A litany of presidents failing to have any impact on the issue and Trump forces concessions from China in 7 months.

Now if only our insipid politicians weren't selling us out to the fascist state with neo-colonialism foremost on its mind that is China , then Australia might have a chance.

Unfortunately , it's not to be.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 11:23am

China doing their own Lebensraum while the whole world stands around watching.

Good article Blowin, the "Consultants" that they use to usurp the ruling class follows the same recipe used time & time again around the world and for some reason it keeps on working.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 11:55am

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 12:41pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 1:30pm

"best way to deal with any standover tactics"

"state with neo-colonialism foremost on its mind"

"doing their own Lebensraum"

Oh wow, I do so hope the U.S. comes to the rescue...

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 1:46pm

Don't really care about team USA saving the day, I just don't want people's dislike of the Don to overshadow whats actually happening in the South China sea. North Korea will just keep on truckin like mad lunatics long after Donald Trump is gone. I don't even consider it news just another distraction.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 5:22pm

Trump ramping up in Afghanistan and involving India ....Oh my fucking God .

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 6:08pm

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 6:26pm

NY media so fixated it can't manage a laugh? now thats hysterical.

Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017 at 7:07pm

Pot. Kettle/Happy Arse. Orange.