What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 27 Jan 2017 at 6:53pm

Hey Turks, nice pick up there about my inclusion of Howard re: social fabric. Yeah it seems all this Australia Day celebration stuff really became popular during Howard's time along with the increased promotion and attendance at Anzac Day, I guess it all fitted in with his cultural wars that continue to this day. Howard also denied the stolen generations and therefore could never say sorry. He was against Keating's Mabo legislation.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 27 Jan 2017 at 7:27pm

Stu writes "If you're dancing on someone's grave and you're asked to stop, it's not so the person can come back to life. That's ridiculous. You stop because it's the decent thing to do.
Would be fantastic if Oz day was a day EVERYONE could celebrate."

As I said stu, The REAL Australia day'/s Jan1 and July 9, which I explained just above your post..... It's our independence day from Britain, which we all could celebrate in a similar way to the USA's july 4...

If we move quickly on it NOW, Australia will get 2 Australia day holidays this year, with monday the 10 july making a long weekend..... bahahahaha
A bonus long weekend this year????? 2 Australia days in one year?? what bogan would say no to that!!!!!! lol

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 27 Jan 2017 at 11:31pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 1:03am

Wow, that'd be embarrassing for most people but for a senator? Fucking hell...

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 6:54am

Based on the amount of rubbish left around tweed river I think April Fools Day is the right day. Beautiful place just left trashed. Australia day let's celebrate just how fucking unaware we are. Embarrassing really.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 8:35am

Stunet how did you know many of those people at the beach celebrating were not indigenous Australians?

Despite the perception by the media many indigenous Australians celebrate Australia day.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 9:47am

C'mon mate, do you really think I don't know what a Polynesian, Indian, or Lebanese person looks like, and how they might differ from the first people?

Yeah, there may have been some Aborigines down there but I didn't see any.  What I did see was my neighbours, plus a few other crew from the Sandon Point Tent Embassy (my neighbour runs it) and they weren't celebrating.

I throw question marks over media representation going both ways - as you should too - and I don't suggest my experience is universal, however it feels right to change the date.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 10:08am

What's with the Sandton point tent embassy ?

Wasn't that protesting the development of the point and that went ahead years ago ?

What's the issue ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 10:16am

Nah, the discovery of Aboriginal remains predates the protest but was used by locals, including local surfers, as leverage to give voice to it.

You could call it cynical, or you could say you do whatever you can to halt crowds...whatever, though the housing estate(s) went ahead and the embassy is still there.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/360/kuradji-dreaming-on-community-respect-and/3032144

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 10:26am

Cool.

Any excuse to chill out next to the ocean is fine by me.

You ever get down there ?

Anyone welcome ?

What's the vibe like ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 11:21am

My point is that it's virtually impossible to distinguish between an indigenous person and non indigenous person these days with this "identify"thing, features like, blonde hair, and blue eyes and light skin doesn't mean they are not Indigenous.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 11:20am

Struth, there's fuckwits...and then there's Malcolm Roberts...the fuckwit's fuckwit.

Oh, hang on...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 11:56am

"My point is that it's virtually impossible to distinguish between an indigenous person and non indigenous person these days.

Yeah, nah...no doubt there's a lot of mixed blood but a mob is still gonna look like a mob.

And this comment: "Despite the perception by the media many indigenous Australians celebrate Australia day."

How do you know that? I mean, you're basing that upon a media perception, right?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 12:01pm

Blowin: "Yeah, I've been down there a bit. Once saw Frank Yamma and Coloured Stone play an open air gig there. Sun shining, kids running wild, Sandon reeling in the middle distance, and some roots toons to groove to.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 28 Jan 2017 at 2:19pm

seems some are giving nick3 a run for his money

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 29 Jan 2017 at 9:58pm

Well....... That's awkward for the nut jobs..... lol

http://www.news.com.au/news/the-antimuslim-rally-by-farright-group-recla...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 29 Jan 2017 at 11:11pm

Yeah Sheepy, that's the famous Australian intolerance that we are supposed to hang our heads in shame about.

50 misfit muppets out of a nation of 24,000,000 people.

And all they could muster was a few misspelt signs and a lazy stroll down the street.

You'd think a nation as highly regarded as thoroughbred racists could at least brick a few shop windows or burn a few mosques.

Meanwhile everyone else kicked back and had a good weekend.

Worse places to live that's for sure.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 12:45pm

Forget Abbott & Costello, Dunning & Kruger, Blowie & Barbie, here's Trumpy's wing-man! Who's on first?

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/01/30/twitter-trying-describe-steve-bannon...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 1:52pm

Blowin "Yeah Sheepy, that's the famous Australian intolerance that we are supposed to hang our heads in shame about."

Well IMO it shows what cowards we have..... They congregate in their thousands on FB pages like "patriots" etc, but haven't got the courage to "march"..... Pathetic on sooooo many levels

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 2:32pm

No mention of the terrorist attack in Canada?
Wonder why.....

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm

"Steve Bannon, who looks like dandruff and a cigarette butt had sex in a ditch,"

Gold.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm

And added to the National Security Council! Ya gotta laugh...

https://twitter.com/Dempster2000/status/802950698874925058/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(Scroll, comrades, scroll)

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 31 Jan 2017 at 7:24pm

He's a fascinating and queer little rooster. No, not that Bannon fruit.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/30/brass-eye-at-20-sti...

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Monday, 6 Feb 2017 at 6:59pm

Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit...

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Tuesday, 7 Feb 2017 at 6:21am

wonder if she gives his doodle a squirt

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 7 Feb 2017 at 4:16pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 7 Feb 2017 at 8:47pm

Turkey if I was the president of Straya that shit would be part of the school curriculum.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 11:32am

Andy, media ownership consideration was part of the curriculum waaaay back in the last century when I was in high school! Sheeeit, we were even taught about the greenhouse gas effect!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 1:14pm

Picture this..... You are 24..... You left school at 18..... You've been working hard at the same job for nearly 6 1/2 years.... Living at home by 22 you saved enough for a deposit for a small unit on the outskirts...
But bad news hits... The company you work for folds..... And Turnbull and his psychopaths hit you with this as you walk into clink looking for assistance between jobs (being introduced TODAY in the "omnibus bill".

"This Schedule provides that young unemployed people aged 22 to 24 would no longer be eligible for Newstart allowance or sickness allowance until they turn 25 years of age and would, instead, be able to claim and qualify for Youth Allowance"

Youth allowance....... At the age of 24, you are considered a "youth"??..... Not on the unemployment stat??

If a 24yo breaks the law, are they charged as a "youth"?????

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 1:50pm

there's plenty of reason to bash the government over uneployment and study benefits.
but give praise where praise is due. the government has kept marijuana illegal and thus provided a reliable source of income for anyone who can't otherwise find work.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 1:55pm

Seems to be just another way the government are treating today's younger generation with contempt I reckon Sheepy. In ten years time the chickens will really come in to roost on this one too I'd wager.

Todays youth - no jobs, record unemployment, have to pay through the teeth for education, cant afford houses, deemed lazy despite requiring a 10,000 hour degree to enter the workforce, find out 10,000 hour degree was waste of time, cost of living excruciating, retirement age estimated about 97, increasingly locked out of any kind of gov assistance.

Today's policy makers - have jobs, had low unemployment and more opportunities in their youth, cheaper (or free) education, manufacturing etc, had cheaper housing, can afford to live, retiring in mid 60s, had ready access to middle class welfare etc etc whinge whinge generational bashing and so forth.

If the brass of today think gen x & y and whatever are going to continue a life of struggle and live like a lower class just to bank roll the retirement and health expenses of these balding overlords they are in for a rude shock once the guard changes!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 2:25pm

You're right Gaz, it's not as if the ruling class don't get it or they're misguided, it's that they blatantly treat the people with such unveiled arrogance.

And then they get in front of the cameras and basically say that if you direct your vote away from them then you're racist/a nationalist/falling for populist politics.

Fucking hell.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 3:16pm

Not defending the government here but geez, Gaz, it seems a bit of whinge. The key point, I hope, is that jobs are essential for all. May not get a full 100% employment but less than 5% unemployment deems to be a good figure. Certainly, post war there was plenty of work even for the uneducated and non-degreed. But I'm hearing from my trade mates, they are having trouble getting apprentices, there is plenty of work on - renovations, building. Many in the current guard started with little or nothing. Pre 80s you would buy a house where you could get a job. You would buy a house that you could afford. Usually an old run down place, outoftown or out of suburb. There was free schooling, as is today. Whitlam brought in free uni but that had to change because costs blew out. You now have HECS or pay back as you earn. You went to wherever you could afford, not the other way round. The country is going through a building boom. Why do we need back packers to work ? Why do we need 457 workers ? Why do gen x or y or whatever need to live where their mum and dad scored a place. Most of the mums and dads went to wherever they could afford. Again the key is jobs.
Whenever, something is taken away, there is a scream. I had a local pensioner scream because they cut his pension. Why did they cut it because he had plenty in assets.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 3:42pm

Barber writes "Not defending the government here but geez, Gaz, it seems a bit of whinge."

Says the guy who then has a whinge...

" I had a local pensioner scream because they cut his pension. Why did they cut it because he had plenty in assets."

Well we all still pay the COMPULSORY 7.5% levy, you, me, the rich guy.. So why shouldn't he get his money back regardless of assets? It's his money....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/opinion-arrogant-politicians-...

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 6:27pm

SD, as you know that 7.5% was put in a general fund. But the game changed with the contribution from employers to the superfund. Keating and Hawke started the compulsory super which in this case could be higher. Some employers are paying 17.5%. Maybe more. It is a great idea. But we need to give time for the supers to grow. Where it gets hard, is where self employed don't contribute. Again, there are catch up methods to allow for good and bad years. So if we are to try to calculate what he is entitled to then you would have to include the compulsory super process. That is a minimum 9.5% from the employer.
'Entitlement' - interesting word. So is 'need' and 'want'.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 10:40pm

"SD, as you know that 7.5% was put in a general fund. "

Just because it was ridiculously put into "general revenue", so what??? Still paying it.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 8 Feb 2017 at 11:59pm

I hear what you're saying tb but I'm gonna put a few more points in because I agree jobs are the key buts its only part of the point I'm whingeing about.

The actual cost of obtaining education is almost out of reach for many. My $10k commerce degree 20 years ago is now worth $35k. Regardless of who got on Whitlams gravy train it was still dirt cheap in comparison.
People are still buying houses where they work. The difference is the bank wants a 20% deposit to avoid lenders insurance. Thats $50k on a cheap assed $250k house.
Backpackers & 457 visanworkers are dirt cheap to employ. The last thing these businesses want is a keen unionised work force.
If any of your builder mates are looking for apprentices just let me know because I have a friend who works in insolvency and builders seem to be dropping like flies at the moment. On the plus side he's never been busier tho! Probably a bit different in SA to the east coast tho I'd say.
Young people living at home doesn't really phase me the parents can either kick them out and harden them up or deal with it. Guess having a job is the key point there too.

What really gets my goat is the government seems to kick young people in the guts and call them all lazy bastards, whilst at the same time telling them to pay for a never ending expensive lifelong education, provide fuck-all jobs to show for it and then have to live in this overpriced economy and smile about it. And then at the same time its just assumed that these younger ones will continue to support the pyramid scheme of senior healthcare, pensions & pollie entitlements etc whilst knowing full well they likely wont get the same back.

Just look at it - private health nearly mandatory with penalties for opting out after 30, retirement age creeping up, Uni fees through the roof, gov winding back medicare coverage on gp visits etc I don't know how any of the current ruling class can look a young person in the eye and say that they are making this world a better place for them.

Big rant guys but seriously how long do they think to keep this crap up? The handicap that young people have to start with these days would have to be somewhere in the $40k-$50k range I reckon, just on degree & house deposit alone compared with 30 years back. I'll be telling my kids to live overseas at this rate.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 4:29am

@Gaz1799, totally agree. HECs debt, insecure casual employment, overpriced housing, dearer child care, less government benefits to raise kids, health insurance costs increasing, higher power costs (due to government policy) etc etc ...... and all the while the government defends tax concessions to property speculators, to family trust holders, tax free superannuation pension payments and other perks to anyone with capital and lets not forget how our resources are given away (after we stump up taxpayers money as corporate welfare to build ports and rail) and then smile while the multi national tax cheats avoid paying any company tax. The world is crazy and little wonder voters are angry.

I hope the irony of Turnbull currently defending cuts to family payments while softening up Australia to the government's idea of subsidising the Adani mine to the tune of $1 billion AUD for rail isn't lost on anyone. Why isn't Mr Private Enterprise telling Adani to stand or fall on its own capital?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 8:35am

Good points gaz, let's just tear shit up now and avoid the slow tedious divisive decline, all that rioting in US seems to need a purpose.

And the worst of it is baby bommers are about to game the whole aged care gig in their favour as they all age. And the money will miraculously fall from the sky.

Its enough to make a carer substitute a bowl of porridge for puss whilst one looks after the generation that 'had it all'. But don't worry boomers your retirement is gonna be 'sweet'. Sweet like a bowl of puss with honey on top.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 10:02am

You raise a very valid point sypo about the slow decline as no one seems interested in pulling the band-aid off quickly. They seem to be content to quietly erode the younger generations prospects before they get old enough to pay attention & notice it.

Having said that a bit of generation bashing often stops any rational debate on the issue as most baby boomers didn't choose to be born when they were and not all have rivers of gold to retire in. On that note though, I personally think that the argument often thrown out that it was just as hard 30 years ago and it was all hard work etc etc is rubbish.

There's just no foot-in-the-door jobs for 17 year old's like there used to be. You need to be twice as qualified, twice as experienced whilst competing for half the available jobs. It's just a bucket full of shit to think that it was only solid hard work that got them all these jobs with zero experience before they'd finished school and become so much more successful than today's youth. As if a whole generation is a complete writeoff - get real.

If that is the going opinion of policy makers they are in serious trouble when they lose control of the gavil. I'm going to put it out there that maybe in 10-15 years our social welfare system is going to be well and truly overheated and those expected to shoulder it are going to flip them the bird and force a lot of boomers back into work. The boomers will scream that they cant get a job - not qualified etc etc and the younger ones that had to enter the workforce with a degree, experience, masters etc just for an interview will laugh and say better get studying then mate! Maybe try some unpaid work experience? Its a tough job market out there and you can't be living with your kids enjoying the good life eating smashed avocado's on toast and sipping lattes!

I don't like the generation bashing because its often too general but I honestly believe that the middle class of the last 30 years will be remembered as generation lean and the newer ones coming through will be generation lift. They lift because they will wear all the burden of 80's, 90's and early 00's middle class welfare splurging and get dick in return in for it.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 10:57am

Turnbull turns his hand to meteorology, bagging wind farms this morning;

"They want to blame it on everybody else. I suppose they could blame it on the wind because it wasn’t blowing yesterday. You know something, the history is in SA, which does have a history of heat waves, when they have the biggest heatwave, there is no wind. When there is no wind, all their windmills don’t generate electricity. They haven’t planned for that. This is not an issue about the virtues of fossil fuel, one type or another, or wind energy or renewable energy, this is an issue about competence."

Bahahahahahahaha....... Um, Malcolm..... heatwaves caused by no wind??????? bahahahahaha..... They are caused by the desert wind, the north wind..... And there was HEAPS of north wind yesterday, but for some "reason", the private company in charge decided not to use it..
solid average of 15Kts north wind across S.A wind farms;

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60801/IDS60801.94821.shtml

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60801/IDS60801.94662.shtml

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 12:48pm

SD, hmmm, you could also read that "when they have the biggest heatwave, there is no wind" that when there was the biggest heatwave there was no wind. It seems that in this case, there was a lot of heat and no wind. I cant see where he has said "heatwaves are caused by no wind".
Good luck to all SA people, because if Vic cant provide your backup then you are in for no power. This could be a strategy to force people and business, organisations such as hospitals to build their own power supplies. Takes the onus off the government to provide this essential utility. Whether thats good or bad is debatable.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 1:09pm

Gaz, not sure why and where this 17 yrs old generation bashing is going on. But there are some contradictions in your statement - "I have a friend who works in insolvency and builders seem to be dropping like flies at the moment. On the plus side he's never been busier tho!"
Yeah SA may be different but are they busy or not. Can they get apprentices ? The backpackers and 457 point was simply to indicate that there are jobs to there. Like in the past, you just had to chase it. You haver to ask yourself - why "The last thing these businesses want is a keen unionised work force." There are plenty of rules and regulations set for the workplace developed over the years, e.g. minimum wage, hours, etc. Sure there are some bad apples such as 711 and their Indian students and workers ripoff. Health costs is a bucket that is always half empty but how else. As you say, if you are below 30, you can take a punt and don't get insurance, fair enough. Uni was free or scholarships for the top 20%. Still are available. Uni costs is something that governments don't run but want to make sure that education is maintained at a high level. The GP fees. Have a look at your local bulk billing place and see if all the people really need a doc. I have to go every three weeks. Happy to pay an extra 5 or 10 bucks. Note, for the regulars like myself, for whatever reason, did not have to pay the extra after 6 visits. This was to allow for the chronically ill.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 1:35pm

Barber - "SD, hmmm, you could also read that "when they have the biggest heatwave, there is no wind" that when there was the biggest heatwave there was no wind. It seems that in this case, there was a lot of heat and no wind. "

So which biggest heatwave was he talking about then mate? That's if you want to go down semantic st... You know he was referring to yesterday. I know he was referring to yesterday...

"Takes the onus off the government to provide this essential utility. "

Governemnt isnt!!! It was a private company that decided NOT to use the ample wind generated power yesterday..

There's something really crook in all of this..

Tony, maybe stick to things in your area of expertise. Weather isn't one of them.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 2:02pm

@sheepdog

There was a very interesting article in The Age a few days back setting the record straight about the LNP's new found agenda on power reliability and prices/cost. It basically said its all a "look over there" strategy to hide (1.) their inaction in transitioning the economy and power in particular away from coal and (2.) the negative effects on Australian consumers stemming from the establishment of national grids for both electricity and gas. In the case of gas Australian consumers are now charged whatever the (foreign owned) gas companies can get on the international market**.

Additional political spin from the government's agenda sees (1.) this week's attack on the SA government; (2.) laughable talk of (oxymoron) clean coal; (3.) early discussion about government encouragement (read taxpayer funded assistance) to establish new coal power stations (universally canned as "unbankable" by experts in the area); and (4.) hints that the government will give Adani $1 billion AUD of taxpayers money to help that, universally discredited company on financial and environmental grounds, build its rail.

It what happens when you have a government rusted on to last century's industries and thinking.

PS: Truffles "blistering" attacks on Shorten are laughable, went to youtube before to see how it was done good. Its all there to see, vintage Paul Keating roasting them slowing!

** In other parts of the world government legislation protects domestic consumers from the vagaries of international pricing.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 2:21pm

Soz tb probably skipped over it a bit. Not the first time I've presented as an oxymoron! The 17 year old reference is the age most people get some kind of job, however the argument is often reduced to "todays generation is lazy, our generation had it harder" when I reckon its just a self serving argument used to put the younger generation down. No doubt the same argument was used 30 years as well though.

Fruit picking is a cash dominated industry so there's hardly a living in it and you're not going to travel more than a hundred km to make 50 bucks. Being a cash industry means the workers are rife for exploitation, hence backpackers etc being offered peanuts for work.

The SA economy is fried. Businesses going under, zero jobs etc unless you're making candles. No jobs is no money is no new houses. Great times for insolvency firms though.

Also, government previously subsidized uni costs. I believe Swanny was the first to start clipping that birds wings. Either way, the gov is pulling back on a lot subsidies aimed at helping people earlier in life so they can keep the welfare pyramid scheme going for those in a later stage of their lives.

It's a rort that will come back to haunt them one way or the other.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 2:40pm

SD, looking at today's weather (Thursday), it seems for Adelaide the winds are variable and moderate and heat is high. So if the wind turbines were switched off then why. If we be semantic then, I would guess he was told the wind turbines were not supplying hence the assumption, no wind. He did not say "heatwaves are caused by no wind". Yes, you would have to ask why no wind turbine supply. Experts - well, who are they.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm

Gaz, we travelled to where the jobs are or were. Sure, they maybe seasonal but there were a lot of blokes that head to Noosa for the cyclone season. On the way, Picked bananas in Coffs, pineapples on the sunny coast, surfed a great season(s), then worked on a trade or uni and chased again. Yeah, surfers were always known are 'bludgers'. Well, we just loved surfing. Feel sorry if there are no jobs around in SA. Yes, I did follow the Atrium issue and hope we can keep it going. Possible if we just bought Aussie steel.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 2:59pm

Travelling & surfing is the advice I'll be giving my kids as the existing pathways to a career in Australia seem fruitless. (Pun fully intended).
I reckon Whyalla's goose was cooked decades ago when the mining in the area folded but sad nonetheless. If only it were on the other side of the peninsula where the surf is! It definitely has some cheap houses now tho..

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 at 7:07pm

Huzzah! Our esteemed President Trumble blows a gasket in a fit of 'psychological projection' yesterday, whilst simultaneously shafting our unfortunate young uns AGAIN!

So now Mahlcolm you don't suck up to billionaires? “I look them in the eye and, when I need to, I take them on”.

Hmmm, the question begs...when meeting & greeting your billionaires, Mahlcolm, which eye are you referring to? Front or back? Pink, brown, or Japanese?

As for taking it on?!

(shiver)