What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 10:56am

'Of genuine interest, what have you got against say, what was outlined in the Uluru Statement from the Heart?

What are your objections to say, Australia becoming a Republic? And a subsequent change of national symbols: flag, anthem, day of celebration?

With all that potted Irish stuff you mentioned before, I'd assumed you'd be all for a Republic? The Irish Catholics in particular were still copping it hard at the start of the last century here in Australia, even post-war.

And the Irish during the early days of the NSW colony?

I know you're not much for reading, Blow in, but here you go:’

https://redflag.org.au/node/5651

‘All legitimate questions if you are truly interested in something better.‘

Help ya reckon blowindo??? Hahahahahaha!!!? Blah, blah blah, just like the good ‘ol boys chapter ‘gearbox’, ‘form’. No real reading, no real listening just endless, mindless blathering, not even in conversations and topics that you are supposedly ‘invested’ in. No real substance, just fucking blah blah blahing away... ‘on the pulse’... (ludicrous) shit... again... and again... and again!

Carry orn ‘pulsing’!!! In a nutshell!!??

I gotta go train people. Again. Person rehabbing from a stroke... its a pleasure. Again.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 11:10am

What's what is I just surfed the local beachie solo. Not a nutshell to be seen.

Even whacked these mini keel things into the rear tabs. Hand foiled by a bloke down at Dalmeny for $30 a pop, they made the board go more like a twinny - g'day Lifty!

Not totally like a twinny, spinning out and hopeless in the barrel - g'day again Lifty! - but very fast out of turns and had to be nursed slightly when coming off a weighted rail. Bloody fast but.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 2:00pm

Some pointed, cutting and very funny stuff there, Crypto. But I'm afraid the real comedy gold - unintentional though it may be - resides elsewhere. Again. As always.

First on the bill, direct from the US, is our man with all the latest Seppo buzzwords hot off the right presses, our very own snowflake, Mr. "Identity Politics" himself, Sypkan...with his latest, wait for it...

"...broken record syndrome..."

(Not to be confused with anosognosia...or "Sam Newman's non-self awareness disorder")

Did I mention "identity politics?"

Speaking of disorder, then we have the main event, the Blow In, with his...

"Factitious disorder imposed on another."

Ha ha! I know. Coming from him!! Stop it, my sides are splitting! But wait, there's more (there's always more)...

"You’re inventing an opposition that you can rail against in order to mask the inherent hollow emptiness of your life."

Ha ha! Stop, please stop, you're killing me!

Blow In, on these threads, especially those with any kind of a political bent, you make Tony Abbott look like Dr. Yes!

Speaking of Abbott, next up...

"Indo has an Asian wife for Christ ‘s sake ! "

Remember old Tone's 'women problems'?

But, but Tones had a wife and daughters! How could he possibly have a problem with women?! That's why he was the minister for 'em, hey? Nothing to see there...

Anyway, lastly, but I'm sure not leastly...

"...personal history starts the minute you’ve connected with something and anything before is abstract noise."

What does this mean?

If it ain't affecting me & mine, fuck it??

Howard's legacy via Thatcher and her infamous "There's no such thing as society"?

Is that you, Blow In?

Neo-Liberalism is an insidious beast. Like corporate media propaganda and advertising, Mrs Marsh, it does get in!

Oh yeah, I forgot you Indo.

No, I didn't. You didn't make the bill. You aren't funny.

They say "comedy is tragedy plus time."

It's also said that, "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Hah!

Ya gotta laugh...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 1:07pm
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 1:45pm

Don't worry too much Blowin...1000 BC, that's 3,018 years ago. That's when Jerusalem became Israel's capital. Rome trashed them straight after Jesus in about 70ad and scattered them around the world. Now they are back home. This is how they returned and what was there when they got there...

..a great video, just persevere through the intro bit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:01pm

100% Blowin

I think Herc just needs to go find some real racist folk so he can vent all his frustration out, he is looking for things here that just aren't here.

Either that or go write a book his writing is very creative.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:03pm

Anyone on here ever seen that remake of The 3 Stooges?

Is there a 'bad comedy ' film thread?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:07pm

So strange you should mention that , Facto.

I’ve been thinking that you and Lifty were the two long lost Marx brothers - Stretch and Skid.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:10pm

“Some pointed, cutting and very funny stuff there, Crypto. “

Facto agreeing with Lifty

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:34pm

Boom-tish!

Not as good as your more cerebral stuff above, but. Especially this bit I forgot to mention:

"I , Blowin , believe in the equality amongst humanity. People are no better or worse due to race . People are good and bad regardless of hue , religion , culture or nationality Different cultures are...different. The world is a beautiful place with lots to love."

Hilarious!

Reminds me of a real Marx (and I know how you love a quote):

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 4:28pm

Stoked you got some Blazing Saddles in there too, Blow In. This nails it, don't you think boys?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm

No mate , that’s pretty non negotiable stuff.

To be honest , even stating it like that sounds like a wank as it’s my belief that’s how 99.9 percent of the world feels .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 5:55pm

Hmmm. I just watched your video.

Why not just call everyone deplorables , mate ?

Are you aware that condescendion is very unbecoming?

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 6:52pm

Haha, the 'pulsinator'!!! I'll be back... in a nutshell... again!!!

Blah, blah blah, no substance, no answers... again.

Gidday stewart!!! As soon as I saw that picture, that little fucker, I thought, that's been nursed for sure! That thing could do with some work!!! I'm not talking about your hand though, but that lil' fin. I know you'll get even madder, but I can help. Again. Nice looking workmanship, finish and colours by the way.

That twinnie ledge, that got all the sick barrels in bombs on his twinnie... I know you would have heard all about him, when you dun big time... Anyway he had a junior. Junior missed seeing senior in his prime on twinnies, but, he heard all about it, from plenty that mattered... maybe even mattered more than you!! If you can believe it!! Anyway, we used to have tons of talks about fins, with tons of ledges, and test stuff out day after day... year after...

Anyway, maybe you are working on it as we speak!! But, going by 'form'... yep, you were hoping it wouldn't come up... again... that, work of 'art', the one of a kind, 'drooped snouted zap'. Unlike you, Geoff didn't droop the snouts on his zaps for a reason.

https://www.swellnet.com/news/rearview-mirror/2015/05/17/saturday-skip-1...

So, I'm figuring you haven't worked on the fin. Clam in the 'drooped snouted' thread touches on one angle, just go one size up. But that still leaves you with that straight edge, butter knife/fishing line trailing edge... that screams, twist and shout, but nurse me!!! Put a hook on the base of that straight edge/fishing line is the go. Then you'll have something to hook into when you (ala twinnie ledge... and craike...) stomp the back foot. Plus more base to work off, where it counts. A hook to work off. Get it right same looseness/speed, too big a hook, think keels.

As for the hands. Yipes!!! I'll bet the 'pulsating' klan's 'stuck cunts' who made it all possible for you too surf alone in the city, mitts don't look at all like that!!! Who cares but... in a nutshell!!!!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018 at 7:01pm

"Why not just call everyone deplorables , mate ?"

No, not everyone. Just whoever the shoe fits, or rather the ones who think it fits them!

Just make sure to get the shoes on the proper feet. Two rights will just be wrong. And we can all do without the whinging about how much it all hurts.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm

A "big' Australia = big problems...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 5:49pm

Speaking of culture and establishing that it is fluid and tying in with the indigenous theme.

How do we feel about traditional indigenous hunting rights? in particular the allowance of hunting of Turtle and Dugong.

Ive always found it strange we legal allow this, but then we also point the finger a Japan for hunting whales.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 5:52pm

Why, are Japanese factory ships traditional?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 6:00pm

No but if they used traditional methods would we still kick up a stink?

Indigenous people also don't always use traditional methods to hunt Turtles or Dugong...i remember somewhere seeing a video of a dugong being tied behind a speed boat to drown it.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 6:02pm

Someone's made an advertorial: PM Matters!

It's (unintentional) comedy gold.

(like a lot of stuff on here)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 6:15pm

Does Dick? Dick does! Don't be a dick!

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 7:01pm

The above pic is just wrong, (where's the cowboy boots), and the last pic above with Abbott is just serious wrongness.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 18 Oct 2018 at 10:40pm

Traditional Japanese whaling was limited to just a very small number of fishing villages on remote islands. It was also limited to "inshore" because it predated motorised vessels. Traditionally, the vast majority of Japanese people did not eat whale meat at all.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 7:43am

Its interesting that a few groups in Indonesia actually also use to hunt whales at least one group on Flores is still is allowed to, hopefully Susi will ensure that stops in time.

Turtle meat was and still is hunted and eaten by pretty much every ethnic coastal group in Indonesia, although now it's illegal in all of Indonesia, sadly it still happens but authority's really are cracking down on it and attitudes slowly changing it's now rare to see them sold openly and has become more a behind the scenes thing, sadly last time in Indonesia i saw 6 dead turtles brought into a village to be sold, but they hid them in boats until night fall, then quickly snuck them in.

BTW. I love how people avoided the question and just want to focus on the Japans whaling aspect.

How do we feel about traditional indigenous hunting rights? in particular the allowance of hunting of Turtle and Dugong.

IMHO if we can accept that culture is ever-changing than it's pretty silly to accept any group has a right to hunt an protected species that is listed as vulnerable.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:02am

"No but if they [Japan] used traditional methods would we still kick up a stink?"

They don't, so we do, what more is there to it?

"I love how people avoided the question and just want to focus on the Japans whaling aspect."

No avoidance. You were the one who brought it up.

"if we can accept that culture is ever-changing than it's pretty silly to accept any group has a right to hunt an protected species that is listed as vulnerable."

Silly, why? Cultural disruption is a messy business, uprooting the bedrock of people's lives. Allowing limited traditional practices is acknowledgement of that upheaval. It binds communities in transition, and fosters pride in cultures that have been otherwise beaten down.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:16am

All Humans have been fishing the globe’s oceans since we were a part of them , yet species limits and bans , marine sanctuaries and no fishing zones have been erected to protect fish stocks that have been hammered due to the current massive population of humanity .

Why shouldn’t we all share the same burden as we are all depleting the world’s seas ?

It’s one thing to argue that traditional methods would never have jeopardised fish stocks , but the sheer numbers of people consuming seafood now has put even that under a question mark.

The taking of endangered seafood by indigenous hunters using modern methods under the guise of tradition is a piss take.

And that’s coming from someone who would defend to the death each persons birth right to take a sustainable amount of food from the oceans .

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:21am

Indoblown, you are a genuine, fucking racist. As well as corkhead. Why don't you just stop the drivvle and wear your kkk outfit full time. The reason that Indigenous Cultures around the globe can't eat Traditional foods is directly because of heinous, despicable war crimes. Perpetuated to this day. Australia was teeming with marine life when the british declared war on Traditional Indigenous Australians for no reasons other than racism, pure greed, arrogance, and a manic love for bloodshed.

Even the most superficial investigation demonstrates the ever growing, humongous death toll on marine life from full scale industrial fishing, shark nets, pollution, and the avalanche of reasons the western enforced by brute force 'lifestyle', wishes to use the planet, including oceans, industrially and 'recreation-ally'.

But, in your brazen, sick, deluded, arrogant, racist maggot, that thing in your skull parading as a mind, as you feverishly, endlessly search for 'evidence' as to why the heinous situation here is 'good and 'advanced' you blame Indigenous people eating a turtle.

I don't like seeing it killed. But, that's what happens when you eat things. Eat, eat, to live being the point.

https://animalsaustralia.org/issues/animal_experimentation.php

WTF do you think happens to everything we eat, cunningly, smarmily, coldly hidden behind the scenes, on a mass, ever exploding scale, you fucking racist idiot indoblown. And to things we don't eat... but 'need' to get rid of or use for all the shit we 'need'.

Mass cruelty on an unimaginable scale. The enforced, advanced, western way or else we'll fucking get you too. That's what.

You fucking racist maggot indoblown. Fuck off turd.

You fuck off too, blowindo, you racist little maggot turd.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:28am

Hmmm.

I think you’ll find that the reasons that turtles and dugongs are endangered is as much their predation by asians as a food source and due to their destruction of habitat as much as anyone else . And you realise that asians aren’t British Klansmen don’t you ?

There are 6900000000 more people on Earth now than when Australia was colonised by the British. And a large percentage of those people eat seafood. Thus the pressure on the world’s endangered ocean life needs to be

The fact that you whitewash these facts to point blame at the British - and myself as a Caucasian - merely underlines just how bigoted YOU are.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:31am

“Even the most superficial investigation demonstrates the ever growing, humongous death toll on marine life from full scale industrial fishing, shark nets, pollution, and the avalanche of reasons the western enforced by brute force 'lifestyle', wishes to use the planet, including oceans, industrially and 'recreation-ally'.”

See how you appoint blame of all of the world’s ills and the entire modern world’s existence on Britain and the western world ?

Pure racism.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:33am

"Why shouldn’t we all share the same burden as we are all depleting the world’s seas ?"

Partly because they fished that way for eons without depleting the oceans, and also because hunting and communal eating was an integral part of their world. A world that disappeared in a proverbial blink of an eye leaving the old tenants with no solid ground to stand on.

Like political systems, culture is a messy business; what should be theoretically neat, is a bit hazy in practice so I think some allowances, such as limited traditional practices, are fair and just. I also think it's ignorant and elitist to say "we're all equal" when we're the ones changing the rules and denying the vanquished culture the right to practice something they did for eons without ever threatening world food resources.

Fact is, we're not equal. The invisible glue of culture makes sure of that.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:35am

Blah blah blah blowindo.

Fuck off racist, maggot turd.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:36am

Ease up, mate.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:38am

I really like this little rant too :

“ don't like seeing it killed. But, that's what happens when you eat things. Eat, eat, to live being the point.

https://animalsaustralia.org/issues/animal_experimentation.php

WTF do you think happens to everything we eat, cunningly, smarmily, coldly hidden behind the scenes, on a mass, ever exploding scale, “

Particularly as I don’t eat any meat whilst you do , yet you think that it’s ME that’s not disgusted enough with modern industrial agriculture.

Yet more mind blowing hypocrisy from the white man currently living a white modern lifestyle on stolen aboriginal land who can’t get enough of hating others who do exactly the same as himself.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:40am

Ok, stupe' I won't say that about your 'boyz', I'll only say that about the WSL with and like your 'boyz'.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:46am

Stu - you realise that ALL coastal peoples have lived off the ocean for hundreds of thousands of years , not just the partitioned few Millenia of Aboriginal history that Lifty thinks constitutes human existence ?

My family has always derived food from the ocean , sustainably and without depleting the oceans . My father taught me how to fish and his father taught him and on it went throughout hundreds of thousands of years for all I know.

And it’s only been a few generations or so that fishing wasn’t imperative to our survival. Even the Great Depression saw my family existing on the food caught by ourselves.

Humanity is huge now and stocks are under pressure. Traditional fishing is all well and good. Taking endangered species using modern technology is a piss take regardless of who is doing it.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 8:56am

"Taking endangered species using modern technology is a pisstake."

Agree. But just cos I've seen one video of it doesn't mean that's how it always happens.

Like you say, traditional fishing is all well and good.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 9:50am

In the early 80's in the NW indigenous guys used to take me out fishing and take the odd turtle always by hand it was a test of their manhood / hunter thing to do it BTW turtle is pretty tasty.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 12:42pm

Yo, is Sypkan - "Mr. Identity Politics" - in the house?

I think we need to come up with a new jazzy moniker for the scared whiny white guy, dude. One the kids will get down with. Word.

"Snowflake" has been turned on its head and re-purposed, but y'know that is so 2010, anyway. It's done. And dusted.

And it's too Seppo, mate.

We need some Aussie shit, mate. Real Aussie shit. For Aussies that know what Aussie is and what Aussie means...and shit.

What about "snow-cone"?

Fuck, yeah!

Done & dusted.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 12:43pm

Speaking of "snow-cones", hey Indo, mate, THIS is how you troll...

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/scott-morrison-scotty-doesnt-know/

(and Indo what's with your signature thing on here, mate? It looks pretty, I dunno, whiny?)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm

I was purposefully staying out of this one factobum, but if you're missing me, and my insightful insights, I'm sure I can come up with something...

Im thinking a credible news source, very fast fishing boats, and ice boxes to market overflowing on aeroplanes, with not a spear to be seen.

But only if you want me to...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 1:24pm

And, btw, I'm a loud proud black working class lesbian, with a misplaced dysfuntional testicle.

Or at least that is what I ''identify' as.

So your male white privilege identity politics guilt tripping bullshit has no effect on me.

But my 'intersectionality' is through the roof...so everyone of you cunts owes me something.

I accept cash, privileges, preference, or bitcoins. Thoough I only offer a 50% conversion rate on the latter, due to market fluctuations.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 1:41pm

I hear Indo is the man when it comes to Bitcoin.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 1:42pm

And concern for the dugong and turtle...and shit.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 4:37pm

Yeh, but on the balance sheet, indo owes me fuck all. Especially after the conversion rate. Not worth tracking down.

You on the other hand...

"....He said bluntly and often crudely what most had thought silently and soberly. Trump had a looney idea that millions of the deplorable middle and working classes had no innate advantages accruing from “white privilege” (whatever that still means) — and were tired of being told they did by those who really had clout and connections."

Pull out your wallet big man.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/progressive-agony-democrats-brett...

As they say, there's two ways we can do this...

Unfortunately it appears the liberal left ain't gonna give any ground any time soon, and we'll have to do this old school.

You do know who's the first to go when the proletariat arises?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm

Whales .....

one silently swam passed me this morning. There was only four of us out and I was the only one to see it, some smart arse snaked a set wave off me after I'd patiently waited my turn, I was feeling pissed only to look up and there it was about 50 feet away waving its large pectoral fin. Karma.

I know some stories from my reading and visiting the museum at Eden and from a reflective walk around the headland at Adventure Bay on Bruny Island. I would recommend a book by Andrew Darby titled Harpooned, Into the heart of whaling.

Whales were so numerous in Tasmanian waters at white settlement Adventure Bay (Bruny Island) had 4 whale stations where a row boat would set out from the shore, a whale would be harpooned and then winched back to the shore where it would be killed. It is said the wealth generated from just those 4 whale stations is still evident today in the grand stone buildings in Hobart. Hobart. There were so many whales in the Derwent River the first settlers complained about being kept awake at night from their snoring. Another story is that there was so many whales in the Derwent you could cross the river by jumping from one to the other.

The return of the humpback up and down Australia's east coast. Some say its Japan stopping hunting them that has seen their numbers increase but a more likely reason is Russia secretly whaled the Pacific and Antarctic waters up until the late 70s early 80s. This became public knowledge with Gorbachev after he opened up the USSR.

Eden. There is a long history of whaling there, Aboriginal history and also how dolphins would help steer a whale towards waiting hunters. This pattern was repeated for white whalers too.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 2:10pm

I was at Albany whale world recently and it was interesting to see the old footage of the foreign Greenpeace crew facing off with the Albany whalers and the towns folk who’s economic lifeblood stemmed from whaling activities.

They were some brave Seppo hippies venturing to a small town on the other side of the world to put everyone out of their jobs in order to save the whales . I bet they weren’t hanging around after closing time at the pub though.....

Vindicated by history.

Interesting to see the avoidance of the imminent doom of the town that the cessation of whaling was meant foretell . Something in there for the towns that currently rely on foresting to consider .

PS I was at Eden a fortnight ago .....beautiful. You from that area Guy ?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 2:10pm

hey indo, that line you were running today about " ....dugong being tied behind a speed boat to drown it".

Yeah, I also don't like that, I think its cruel and think nobody has the right to do it but I'm curious, when your misses buys the pork or the chicken or the eggs does she insist on free range and pay the extra because if she doesn't you are a hypocrite. 60% of all birds of earth live in cages, what you think of that Indo?, what "indigenous" angle can be linked to that?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 3:29pm

Seems the point has been lost here, it was never about suggesting Indigenous people hunting turtles or dugong were the cause of them being vulnerable species.(although it's obviously not going to help)

Or anything to do with meat is good or bad or animal suffering.

The point was if culture is not a static thing then why do we allow the hunting of animals that are endangered and protected???

Even Indonesia doesn't allow it's different ethnic groups who have traditionally hunted turtles to still hunt them.

Also not about race either, I'm against any race hunting or killing protected species.

I just thought it was an interesting discussion that tied in with culture topic and the ongoing indigenous theme with the bonus of jabbing Herc in the ribs :P

Plus as predicted i thought people would hold back from their true view in the name of political correctness.

What if every cultural group still hunted what they have always hunted in the name of culture or tradition?

It would still see the extinction of species even if traditional methods were still used.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 19 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm

"Plus as predicted i thought people would hold back from their true view in the name of political correctness."

Seriously mate, that's an arrogant thing to say. Assuming you know what people are thinking.