What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 18 Dec 2015 at 2:45pm

Yep, Waits Point at the start, I'd say, with the breaking wave.

How's the comment below the clip from Chris Worrall (one of the guys who made it):

the thing about Jimmy always was he wouldn't mime he just sang along REALLY LOUD..at one point we were using the helicopter as a wind machine to blow his hair around and you could still hear him over the engine!!....oh and that last terrifying shot of the lone figure on the cliff above shark infested waters is me wearing Jimmy's jacket..he wanted to get away early and take his son for a ride in the chopper

Maybe should ask him or the other guy where it happened:

http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/lofven.html

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 23 Dec 2015 at 5:13pm

Shats.... Quite an interesting read.... The truth?? Who knows.... But it'll make a good mini series in 10 years time..
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/white-house-cia-supply-terrorists-weapo...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 23 Dec 2015 at 6:43pm

Brian Eno gives this years John Peel lecture and shows (again) that he's the thinking man's muso. So much to be said about art without pretension or cliche, including Eno's idea of 'scenius', that good artists don't rise from a vacuum but rather are products of a scene. By extension if you create a good environment for art - a 'scene' in this context - the genius' will come.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/musicshow/biran-eno's-john-peel-lecture/7022154

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 23 Dec 2015 at 8:52pm

Is it too early in the year to start the nominations for Swellnet's 2015 highs and lows?

Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 10 Mar 2016 at 5:22pm

To quote Sleaford Mods (just for shits n giggles): Brian Eno? What the fuck does he know? Doodling away with his alien haircut...

Actually, I recall a similar strain of argument lamenting the death of the art school influence on British music which I can't be arsed to look for 'cos I'm not at work on a computer.

As for Swellnet highs & lows? In the forum-sphere I take it? The theological/illogical thread qualifies in both categories I wager.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 6:19am

yep in the forum-sphere

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 10:27am

Well Floyd, you'd have to have divisions... Not just the forums, but also the articles, and forecasts. and of course, surfing, swells......
In the forums, I think the "private investigator debacle of 2015" would have to be nominated..... I also think the sad but expected demise of Blind boy's climate change thread due to constant abuse (from BOTH sides of the argument) would have to make the finals... Like the Abbott thread, BB's climate change thread was an icon..... And that bring s me to the Abbott thread..... Floyd's thread..... A record breaker for all the wrong reasons, and quite a few right reasons too....
Surfing - highlight - the big day at Margs rights.... The lowlight... halting the comp on the big day at margs rights just to surf it in a better "time slot" ....
Surfing - sharks..... The sadness, and the panic, and the arguments..
Swells.... Well there is no competition on this one..... The best swell would have to be the amazing incredible run of trade swell between the 2 cyclone swells in Feb 2015 up in the N NSW/SEQ region..... Forget about Pam.... That week was as good as it gets.... I was told that by people who were actually on the beach...... Bahahahahahaha.... ;)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 12:49pm

Nice work there Sheepy ....... Yeah, I was thinking Blindboy pulling the pin on his climate change topic too (a very sad day) , the Adam Goodes discussion was my lowlight of the year proving beyond doubt the white pisshead bogans don't like getting their feathers ruffled by blacks or any minority for that matter. Abbott getting the arse was my personal highlight but really not much has changed inside the conservatives, Slater's wave pool gosh that's a highlight as well, the gone missing award must go to Ben coz he hasn't made a personal contribution on what he has been drinking lately (me thinks must be on the wagon since he joined a gym FFS), yeah sharks, hipsters not wearing leg ropes, the onward growth of SUPS, the mostly in-comprehensivable contributions from nick3 and barley, the toughest arse in the business award must go to tonybarber coz he permanently fence sits and on the upwardly mobile award for 2015 must go to you modest little sheepy for moving to the mainland on the Spirit no less midyear.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 5:01pm

Well, Floyd, I'd like to nominate you for 2 awards..... "The knighthood for most commented thread" (Abbott/Turnbull) - in fact, that thread cannot and will not be beaten by dec31, so well done "SIR" Floyd :p

I'd also nominate you in "longest running battle", alongside Nick, Barberino, and Barley.... You make the FR/dawg feb trade swell battle look like a b grade event bahahaha...

I'd like to nominate myself in the "here's a link so I must be right" category, also in "how to make friends and be popular" and lastly "most annoying cunt in forecast notes, but we strangely miss him when he's not there"..... lol....

I nominate Blowin for the "Go back where you came from" category...
FR for "I'm never wrong, I'm just experimenting" award..
Don for the NIMBY category..
Craig for popcorn eating..
Ben for "I'm above all of this"
Stu for "I only smoke in Bali"
Shats would have to get the Golden Jello...
Drinker of the year would go to Welly, for the 3rd year running..
"A hundred ways to use eggs" I'd say is heading back to the desert... Again..
The kumbaya cup I nominate the missing in action dave...

So that's a start.... lol

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 5:34pm

nice one sheepy, very funny indeed, what about the most patient unflappable guy on any SW forum in the face of overwhelming stupidity award must go to benski

yeah dave had some out there moments ........

storm in a tea cup award again would be the annual bluster about PWC use at the goldy points

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 5:48pm
floyd wrote:

nice one sheepy, very funny indeed, what about the most patient unflappable guy on any SW forum in the face of overwhelming stupidity award must go to benski

yeah dave had some out there moments ........

storm in a tea cup award again would be the annual bluster about PWC use at the goldy points

Benski??????? Dunno about that, Sir floyd!!! PMSL..... You can nominate him.... But I don't think he'd stand a chance against Southey lol... To handle 6, 12 months of accusations about hiring a P.I , countless slanderous posts and baiting, yet keep his relative cool time and time and time again is a decent effort....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 6:44pm

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 7:56pm

The Colonel Kurtz award must go to Big Wayne .... missing in action for some years now .... come back Big Wayne

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 8:49pm

so Sheepy.

I'm in the worlds largest Muslim nation by population.

Where a bouts on this large , beautiful, multicultural globe are you right now ?

That's right , cooking meat pies for the cobbers.

Homogenous , domestic , provincial and utterly hypocritical.

The award for most baseless accusation and most ill informed circle jerk opinions goes to ....( drumroll )...

Sheepy " Don't bring my long suffering , tolerant as a saint wife into this " Dawggggg.

Merry Christmas.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 9:22pm

Merry Xmas all.

Great year on the SN forums.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 9:34pm

Onya fellas, it's been fun!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 10:09pm

You too FR and everybody else.

All the best and hope 2016 is a great year for everybody.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 10:11pm

ps I miss Big Wayne too. I think his marriage disolved and if you read between the lines he was hurting.

I miss Shaun and Morris as well.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 24 Dec 2015 at 11:30pm

With that outburst, Blowin is a shoe in for the "Go back to where you came from" award.....
And he might've just pushed into contention for "cunt of the year" with continued wife references and not being able to have a laugh at himself ....

Where is Shorris? I hope he comes back and collects his "I'm a Dave the rave fan" t shirt.....

Anyhooo, Merry xmas, adrenalin junkies!! And remember it's all about little baby jesus, even if he was born in late may early June......
Cowabunga, freaks!!!!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 25 Dec 2015 at 11:04am

Sheepio said "Drinker of the year would go to Welly, for the 3rd year running.."

Thanx Sheepio, really glad I've got that award again this year, really goes to show how dedication and hard work pays off. Looking forward to next year's run at the tittle.

Merrymaking times everyone;)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 26 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm

Welly don't celebrate too early . There's still a few days to go . Although I'm pretty sure that the real " ground breakers " probably struggle to turn on their laptop computer let alone figure out their password / managed to post anything legible .
Whilst we are on the topic , is Shorris still under the bridge ..... I heard it flooded last night ?!?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 26 Dec 2015 at 11:35pm

Buuuuuuuuurrrrp.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Sunday, 27 Dec 2015 at 2:36pm

My time here has come to an end.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the free therapy.

I trust that everyone gets exactly what they deserve.

May the force be with you.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 27 Dec 2015 at 3:51pm
braudulio wrote:

????? Where you off to, Mr B? Hope all is ok, even though you don't like anchovy on your pizza :)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 27 Dec 2015 at 4:20pm

Get what we deserve? Sounds like a curse B but good luck and thanks for your numerous contributions in defence of sanity.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 27 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm
braudulio wrote:

It's been a pleasure.

It's not the smell is it Agent Smith ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 27 Dec 2015 at 5:47pm
braudulio wrote:

Good luck to you Mr B, it was fun while it lasted

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 3:15pm

Hmmmmm.... Hope the braudster is ok...... Maybe I'm reading between the lines..... If you do tune in for a look Braudulio, good luck in the future, man....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 4:55pm

Hmmmmm.

Reading between the lines eh ?

You know the mark of a true comment guru / soothsayer of self note, is to be able to read the lines that are between the lines that are not written , yet deduced.

It's not something that can be taught , or learnt , or described or quantified.

So I'm not going to.

And certainly not for the likes of you, on the likes of here.

Save to say it's secret and sage like advice that I may or may not possess. Not the sort of information one can gleam simply from reading plain stated fact or undisputed evidence.

More the will of the gods, utilising my mere self as an instrument of perfection and divinity, sculpting me and directing me to deliver serments for humanity to take heed of.

Delivered with a quip to attest to my humanity. ....LOL

Decades of reading between the lines, nay .....above and below the lines, if I'm to be truthful, has granted me unparalleled wisdom.

Wisdom that is nawt found in the most hallowed of halls of conventional learning or those most esteemed grounds of academia.

This is pure truth. Ear to the ground. Nose to the wind.

The very heartbeat of the Earth is a blood rush through my skull.

I feel your pain Braudulio.

I know it's not good.

Stay in touch, man.

You'll know where to find me.

I'm in the wind, man....

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:05pm

Blowin, you clearly have an unrecognised talent for satire that's simply wasted on this site!
Nothing like a good "lol" (lol) in the afternoon.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:08pm

If I could read between the lines Blowy I could almost say you were being facetious.

Classic.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:32pm
Blowin wrote:

Hmmmmm.

Reading between the lines eh ?

You know the mark of a true comment guru / soothsayer of self note, is to be able to read the lines that are between the lines that are not written , yet deduced.

It's not something that can be taught , or learnt , or described or quantified.

So I'm not going to.

And certainly not for the likes of you, on the likes of here.

Save to say it's secret and sage like advice that I may or may not possess. Not the sort of information one can gleam simply from reading plain stated fact or undisputed evidence.

More the will of the gods, utilising my mere self as an instrument of perfection and divinity, sculpting me and directing me to deliver serments for humanity to take heed of.

Delivered with a quip to attest to my humanity. ....LOL

Decades of reading between the lines, nay .....above and below the lines, if I'm to be truthful, has granted me unparalleled wisdom.

Wisdom that is nawt found in the most hallowed of halls of conventional learning or those most esteemed grounds of academia.

This is pure truth. Ear to the ground. Nose to the wind.

The very heartbeat of the Earth is a blood rush through my skull.

I feel your pain Braudulio.

I know it's not good.

Stay in touch, man.

You'll know where to find me.

I'm in the wind, man....

Blowin... 25/12... Xmas day here on swellnet.. "Obsession : An idea or thought that continuously preoccupies or intrudes on a persons mind."

It's nice you stalking me from one thread to another..... Obsessed wit the latest dog shenanigans... I like having groupies like you, old dog, andy....

I'm surprised you're here today actually, blowin.... There's a "3 year children in detention" celebration on today, followed by a "We hate refugees" shin dig...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:50pm

I'm a refugee myself, Sheepy.

I'm running from the complete lack of self awareness you wear like a badge of honour.

Still a fan though Sheepy.

You know I love your work.

PS Its not like we here at the Aussie Nazi party haven't marked the 3year old kid in detention.....we're having a baby on a spit to celebrate.

Judging by the glorious golden brown colour, I'd say it's just about ready to eat .

Grubs on boys !

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:47pm

Me a groupie, Sheepy? You wish baby.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:48pm

You realise I was responding to Blowin's post don't you?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 28 Dec 2015 at 5:49pm

Doesn't seem like you're running, mate... Seems like your following me everywhere..... Indecent obsession.... And delusional to boot....
But the world needs you blowin.... It needs people like you.... :)

Shatner'sBassoon Sunday, 3 Jan 2016 at 11:49am
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 5 Jan 2016 at 2:25pm

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 12 Jan 2016 at 7:12pm

Oi, here's something from one of my favourite directors.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/david_bowies_1982_film_bertolt_brecht...

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 at 12:02pm

Fuck off (in Sleaford Mods stylee)!

Alan Clarke! He's a genius! I forgot about this entirely.

I've posted ELEPHANT on here before somewhere in its entirety...and bigged up his entire output.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/alan_clarkes_elephant

Who the fuck are you, Turkey Neck? You've gone up in my estimation by this one post alone.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 at 2:46pm

I'm just a garbageman.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 at 7:39pm

Any James Hird fans out there???? This is freakn HILARIOUS!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Trolll.AFL/videos/462637663920193/?pnref=story

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 at 8:47pm

Yeah, it was a year or so ago.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 at 9:58pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Eggcellent Sheepy :)

Poor old Hirdy eh!! Still thinks his innocent. I think people that don't believe in climate change (other thread I know) should now be called "climate Hirdy's"..........

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 9:51am
Sheepdog wrote:

Saw this about 12 months sheepy, didn't think it was funny then and now, with the #fuckwada decision I think its even worse.

cables verses chains evidence ....... WTF.

I just feel for the players, what a horrible decision for them, Essendon, the AFL, #fuckasada, #fuckwada all have fault here but the players? Well they are the ones being really punished.

There is no justice in the world, the law is an ass.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 10:27am

I don't think the players are as innocent as you wish to believe, Floyd.
They kept the program a secret as much as anyone else, not even mentioning anything on Asada's claim sheets about any supplements (legal or not) except a vitamin, yet they had how many injections that year?
Must've been all above board substances to not tell anyone.
They were covering it up, they cheated, now piss off (them, not you).
I remember when one of the players didn't toe the party line, and got castigated as a disgruntled ex-employee of the club. Ah Spike, you look like a twat now don't you?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/former-essendon-player-mark-mcveigh-laun...
You are correct that they are the ones really being punished. But why should they not be? It's more that some non-playing individuals and the club as a whole may be getting off lightly.
If this took place at North, Footscray, St Kilda and maybe even Brisbane since they are becoming a financial burden, the AFL would probably have just said bye-bye to them. Essendon have been remarkably looked after by the AFL.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 11:39am

"You are correct that they are the ones really being punished. But why should they not be? It's more that some non-playing individuals and the club as a whole may be getting off lightly."

Spot on Lostdoggy. Hird's absolute denial & arrogance in his own defense is almost unbelievable IMO. Not quite sure what some of the more "switched on" Essendon players where thinking at the time, Jobe Watson being at the top of that list. By all accounts an outstanding young man, grossly mid-lead. A very bitter pill (not performance enhancing) for the players to swallow.....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 6:28pm

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 6:36pm

Ok Floyd, you said you won't be convinced otherwise so I won't bother.
Anyway Aussies don't cheat, especially brave young men such as those down at windy hill. It's just Chinese, Russians, yanks and cyclist, but we're all clean down under.
I hope you enjoy Hirds $33 interview with Tracey on Sunday.