Australia Uber Alles

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Sunday, 9 Aug 2015 at 2:23pm

A student, a decent young woman, dragged away in front of all... 2 months and she would've graduated.... This is the modern Australia....

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/brisbane-student-dragged-on-ground-s...

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:14am

@ etarip 'Hot zone since we'll before the US became a global player', not really sure what this means but it sounds like the old rhetoric about continuous wars in the middle east since the day dot blah blah that has been trotted out since the Iraq/Iran days....it wasn't true then and it isn't true now the US has maintained a program of destabilization in the region to support its interests, that's no secret nor is it condescending. If you read some of the posts and referenced articles you will see that most if not all the other players have been mentioned.

The last paragraph of your post basically repeats points already posted none of which support a thesis that America and American interests aren't a major player in the problems in Syria. Iraq, Afghanistan, lybia, syria, Yemen have all enjoyed peaceful and prosperous times ALL of these countries have been destroyed, laid waste, societies destroyed by the west in support of imperial interests. It's condescending to Arabs to place blame on 'ongoing historical disputes', its simply untrue.

Here you go from the horses mouth.....

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 1:53am

My point is that there would be "external" interference in the middle east regardless of the US.
It's been the playground of imperial powers (Mongols, Ottomans, Persians, British, French, Russians) since before the US became involved. I didn't put the blame at the feet of the Arabs. You did. For what it's worth I think this a fundamental resetting of the outcomes of WWI.

The current mess was precipitated by the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Strategic folly. It distracted attention, resources and international unity from making a decent fist of Afghanistan. And it sowed the seeds for what is happening right now. The Iraqi invasion created a vacuum, and a set of circumstances that few predicted and no one is equipped to deal with. However, the regimes of Qaddafi, Hussein or Asad were never going to last, and when they fell there was always going to be chaos. They were built on the suppression of the majority by minorities, in unsustainable 'countries', propped up by brutal security apparatus. These regimes had been (and still are, in the case of Syria) protected by Russia with it's power of veto on the UNSC. Syria has been supported throughout by Iran. The destabilising influences of these actors is as great as the US.

There's too much going on to be able to only play the "blame USA" game. They massively fucked Iraq, I think they've actually been trying to disengage from the Middle East but have found themselves unable to. The rise of ISIL caught them off guard. Wesley Clark's comparison of the Middle East with Africa was interesting. I don't think anyone wants to be there, but they feel they have to be. It's not just oil. It's strategic position.

Do you have a view on what should / could be done? A prediction of how you think it'll turn out? Who will be the 'winners'? (I know who the losers are - 4 million Syrian refugees, 250 000 dead) I'm genuinely interested in what people think.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 7:46am

etarip, humanity can be the winner out of this. if humanity decides it is more important to help people, regardless of how they look, what flag they lived under or what god they prayed to, it can help us all. thats why i would like australia to do more.
as stated, this is about energy, oil/gas, supply and control and about long held grudges as well.
get as many people out of there as possible and let the jackals fight over the rotting carcass.
it also helps humanity in that it shows the importance of using renewable energy sources that cant be controlled like an opec or russian resource.
so the human race and the planet can get a win out of the sacrifice these people have made, less pollution, more compassion and tolerance, but of course thats if it is chosen, otherwise conflict, greed and manipulation has the potential for some serious consequences that will show the ugly side of humanity that comes from the reptilian brain of survival consciousness- i win-u lose stuff, that for thousands of years has demonstrated that it doesnt work.

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 9:45am
zenagain wrote:

Manbat (by the way, awesome user name) that was a fascinating read and a real eye opener. Thankyou.

yep...good read

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 9:47am
zenagain wrote:

Manbat (by the way, awesome user name) that was a fascinating read and a real eye opener. Thankyou.

Yes it was a good read

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 9:59am

Yeah thanks for posting that link manbat. I wonder what tonybarber has to say about this theory on the reasons for the Syrian crisis?

This quote from manbat's link reminds me of an opinion I expressed on one of these forums a while ago and tonybarber accused me of being an ISIS supporter!

"Most sectarian civil wars are purposely crafted to pit sides against one another to allow for a “divide and conquer” approach that breaks larger concentrations of power into smaller factions that have more difficulty linking up. It’s a colonial doctrine that the British Empire famously used, and what we see taking place in Syria is no different."

Over to you tony? Got any opinions to share with us or anymore accusations to throw around?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 10:20am
Blowin wrote:

So you were talking about Russia ?

Sorry mate, just the way you never actually stated it and the fact that virtually everyone already knew this , I thought you were referring to some unknown information.

Tony Barber's and Manbats comments straight after should let you know how Shhhhhh the whole Russian thing is.

You are either playing dumb, or are dumb.... I hope it's the former... I really do... My comments were a direct reference to the massive wave of humanity currently occurring, and the massive disconnect with many, including you, to the reasons why...
15 year of brainwashed injected hatred into the Australian psyche can't be fixed over night....

You wrote "You'll have to remind me what you're stance is again because you just agreed that it's an expensive business humouring the dreams of a better lifestyle for a foreigner."

That girl is now back in Iran, thanks to you and the opinion of many like you.... Iran will become more involved... Her future is bleak..... Damn welfare chaser.... Got what she deserved.... Aye mate...

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 11:59am

@ etarip 'My point is that there would be "external" interference in the middle east regardless of the US', well your point is incorrect, its an assumption and doesn't hold any water simply because you say there has been external influence in the past (Ottoman and Persian empires certainly weren't external to the region).

Yes you put it blame on the Arabs, oh its a 'hot zone' of 'ongoing historical diputes' this has been a common propaganda tool, if you my post you would see I do not place blame with Arabs but squarely with USA why would you say that I place the blame with Arabs?

"However, the regimes of Qaddafi, Hussein or Asad were never going to last, and when they fell there was always going to be chaos. They were built on the suppression of the majority by minorities, in unsustainable 'countries', propped up by brutal security apparatus." More propaganda, can you provide some evidence for this, I've already posted some facts about quality of life under Gaddafi in this thread perhaps you would like to challenge those? These regimes have lasted longer than any of the government's attacking them, what you say doesn't make sense.

"These regimes had been (and still are, in the case of Syria) protected by Russia with it's power of veto on the UNSC. Syria has been supported throughout by Iran. The destabilising influences of these actors is as great as the US." what are you even trying to say here??? Russia and iran have been supportive of syria but are destabilising influences, this makes no sense.

"There's too much going on to be able to only play the "blame USA" game", enlighten us what else is going on? By your own admission the problems in Syria relate to Iraq which amercia 'massively fucked' but America aren't major players in the problems in Syria? You are contradicting yousrelf and making no sense.

"I think they've actually been trying to disengage from the Middle East but have found themselves unable to", America can't afford to disengage from the middle East, America is a war thirsty nation each withdrawal seems to be accompanied by another campaign. Since it began as a nation no other country in the world has been at war as long as america.

" The rise of isil caught them off guard", hilarious, is this the faith you have in the American security/intelligence apparatus?

"I don't think anyone wants to be there, but they feel they have to be. It's not just oil. It's strategic position", they want to be there for the oil and strategic position.

What should be done? My position I've stated before, the US and its allies have to withdraw, leave the area, take their militaries and their weapons and allow these countries peace and restoration. The damage done to successful nations has been complete in the case of Afghanistan, iraq, lybia etc if America can't conduct itself less aggressively and destructively it should be shunned as the rogue state that it is. The war criminals including Howard, bush, Cheney should be held accountable.

http://stormcloudsgathering.com/euro-refugee-crisis

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:04pm

We can't afford her and the bombs you want to drop on Syria , Sheepy.

You'll have to pick one.

The scorched Earth policy you reckon is the go sounds expensive.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:17pm

"We can't afford her and the bombs you want to drop on Syria , Sheepy."

One of the most pathetic lines you've ever written... I said in reality there are 2 options, get out or scorched earth.. Everyone can read that... I said my choice was to get out...
Just bottom of the barrel stuff, which is what I expected..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:18pm

Etarip...... "There's too much going on to be able to only play the "blame USA" game. They massively fucked Iraq,"

What do you mean "they"? We under Howard alongside Blair backed and joined.... Allies.... "Coalition of the willing".....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:29pm

Manbat.... " My position I've stated before, the US and its allies have to withdraw, leave the area, take their militaries and their weapons and allow these countries peace and restoration"..
Impossible... But we as a nation didn't have to take part with our tokenistic announcement this week.... We could've kept out..... But that's spilt milk now..... Soon to be spilt blood as ISIS uses human shields.... 10 years they reckon.... 10 year war.... But we can afford that lol..... No debt and deficit disaster now, aye hahaha..... I hope we have the stomach for it.... No bombs dropping here anyway... And a homegrown terrorist attack will "justify" involvement....
The only real solution is totally unpalatable to the USA... Back Assad... Back Assad alongside Russia and Iran.... It wont happen, but ISIS would be gone within 6 months, and the "spoils of war" would be shared..

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 12:42pm

Yeah sheepy America have made no secret they want Assad out, the POPULARLY ELECTED head of the baath party who won elections by huge majority. America and Allies are once again committed to an illegal invasion. A bombing regime that will be aimed at destroying infrastructure see Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc.
Impossible? Yeah it's certainly a long stretch, I hope that Russia will be able to affect a solution which will render the allied approach meaningless. Remember it was Russia in 2013 that prevented us and allies bombing Assad then.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 1:07pm

Manbat.. I'm glad someone else is plugged into the "pipeline" thing.... I get depressed when I hear our fucktard reporters ask pathetic questions to Abbott, Dutton etc.... WTF has happened to journalism.....

Some more on the situation;
http://iranian.com/posts/the-true-cost-of-039-cheap-039-natural-gas-for-...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 1:44pm

why aren't journalist's askn g questions? we don't expect it from murdoch and co. but what about the ABC? with the exception of the Leigh Sayles interview the ABC seem pathetic of late, are they hiding stuff too?

interesting how USA doesn't recognise elected governments, hammas democratically elected but not to americas taste so they refuse to recognise them, now we're seing the same here. do they think bush would be to the middle east's taste, do they believe in democracy or not?

Hussein wasn't democratically elected but he certainly provided a safer and more stable society than the US has

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 2:13pm

The ABC is a state owned media outlet, look for journalists like seymore Hersh who don't tow a political line or outlets like new Matilda which can afford to be more independent there are good journalists out there keeping the mainstream honest.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 2:28pm

And here the goverment is seen joking about climate change, fuckwits!

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has been overheard quipping about the plight of Pacific Island nations facing rising seas from climate change.Story here: http://ab.co/1M0Ee6L

Posted by ABC News on Thursday, 10 September 2015

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 2:36pm

...ahh....there's a boom there

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 3:49pm

And...... here's a jewish American pretending to be an Australian Islamic jihadist... What you see isn't what you see... What you don't see is what's real... But what's real? And what isn't?

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-is-jihadist-is-actually-an-...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 3:51pm

Craig - I must have missed something.....

How do you know they're referring to sinking pacific islands and not the casual island life up North that I thought they were talking about ?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 4:05pm

"Time doesn't mean anything when you're about to be.. you know, have water lapping at your door.""

Key word (about to) not currently...

Also the sheepish look they had once they realised it'd been all caught on camera and by the boom that Scott Morrison pointed out. Why he point that out if they were just talking about island life.

Seriously..

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 4:14pm

Cmon Blowin even I realised what they meant and you are a much smarter man than I!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 4:48pm

Alright, just rewatched it .....agreed - trio of unfathomable fucksticks.

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 5:10pm

Hehe...."trio of unfathomable fucksticks", nice

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 5:12pm

Never mind the morals what about the way the punchline was delivered?

"Time doesn't mean anything when you're about to be....[stiff pause] you know...have water lapping at your door."

Talk about defusing your own bomb (though I think he may have lit another one).

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 5:58pm

What rising sea levels ? Maybe Tony and his mates have been portrayed in an unfair way. 'Climate change is a hoax led by the United Nations so that it can end democracy and impose authoritarian rule', according to Prime Minister Tony Abbott's chief business adviser Maurice Newman. So business as usual, just another storm in a tea cup. !

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 6:04pm

prothero... I'm still agnostic, bordering on skeptic re' "climate change".... But that's my own view, and another story..... ... If I was a politician, I don't think I'd be cracking jokes about it... it's a serious gaffe... Dutton in the last fortnight has had the borderfarce, has called the media "jihadists", and now this.... It's not a storm in a teacup, old buddy.... It's death by a thousand cuts..... It's taken the focus off the "12000"......

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 7:33pm

Fully respect your honesty Sheepy.

Against the grain. I like it.

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 8:14pm

sea level rises will be increased by climate change .However some think that is bullshit, and a joke about it to them is probably no big deal.....but I guess like all good jokes , timing is everything......and in this case , when the microphones are not in your face.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 8:15pm

Blowin.. I signed a peace treaty with blind boy and co ages ago.... I'll go along with the whole debacle if it means alternative energy and less reliance on the middle east...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 8:17pm

But I wont go along with it if it means the pro nuclear energy with their "it must be considered because of global warming" bullshit get a foothold, which they looked like doing up until fukishima... But they're rumbling again.... In S.A at least...

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 8:35pm

Ross Garnaut said a couple of days ago that nuclear electricity generation is unlikely to be economically viable in Australia as solar, wind and other renewable energy becomes cheaper.....while other countries will be looking at nuclear to curb their emissions.......

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 8:59pm

Ross garnaut just set up a solar business, funny that he would say something like that.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 9:02pm

Did he really? Well..... That's not all he said......
"Australia is much richer in high-grade uranium oxide, the basis of nuclear energy, relative to other developed countries than it is in gas or coal"....

Good old Ross is currently speaking at the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission in South Australia, where the good Premier wants to consider S.A having a nuclear waste dump.... And If we sell our uranium to other countries, where will all the waste end up?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-09/nuclear-fuel-cycle-royal-commissio...

We're sort of off topic now.... But it's all good stuff......

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 9:32pm

Ha-ha, good ol Rosco, thanks for that post sheepy, uranium too expensive to develop in aus (competing with my solar company) but so cheap for the rest of the world that australia will be on top of the pops again. This wouldn't be the same Ross garnaut that wrote the climate change report while sitting on the board of directors of one of the world's filthiest mining operations would it?

Heres how to take 100,000 apprenticeship opportunities off the age of entitled youths....http://www.sharonbird.com.au/in_two_years_of_tony_australia_loses_100_00...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 10:08pm

If you didn't know better you'd assume that the government would rather hire cheap foreign labour than ensure Australians have the skills to be self sufficient .....oh, wait a minute.

Ok , I've just had word that they despise Australia's workforce and don't give a fuck about any Australian that isn't a CEO or a majority shareholder of a top 500 company .

Makes a lot of sense now....

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 8:27am

@Manbat. I get it. People who don’t agree with you are clearly brainwashed fools. You have a beef with the US. I get it. You excuse the external interference of others, while condemning the actions of the US. You contradict yourself by ascribing the malign influence US with the power to bring down an entire region singlehandedly, but in the same post deride the intelligence / security apparatus of this supposed omnipotent actor. “America is a war thirsty nation each withdrawal seems to be accompanied by another campaign. Since it began as a nation no other country in the world has been at war as long as america.” What is this incoherent shit? Its post-independence history 1776-1917 was one of isolationism.

I’m not an apologist for the US, but I’m a realist when it comes to recognizing that the US is not alone in seeking to influence events in the middle-east. Historically, it has always been the case, and I’d predict that this will continue regardless of the actions of the US. It’s a human problem, not restricted to the US. For the record, I didn’t agree with the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and agree that we shouldn't have been involved. I agree that it was an invasion built on false intelligence, the implementation of an alternate government was fundamentally flawed and I think history has rightly judged ‘us’ for that. I think the Maliki regime that they left in place in 2009 was flawed. But I fundamentally disagree with your view that the Assad and Hussein led regimes were "successful" (your words) or that a complete US withdrawal will “allow these countries peace and restoration”. Why do I have this view? Because there are too many competing factions and interests in the region.

“enlighten us and tell us what the fuck is going on” You have an interesting take on the Russians. What underpins your view that their involvement is stabilizing and benign? Their past form in Georgia, Ukraine, Estonia, Chechnya and the ‘stans’ seem to undermine this perspective. Their ‘protect Assad’ position is based on their own economic interests – gas pipelines from Central Asia to the Med. The Iranians benign? Look up the role and function of the IRGC-QF for some enlightenment. Do you have an issue with the Iranian position on the existence of Israel? If you have an issue with external influence in the region, why do you excuse the actions of Russia, Turkey and Iran? Just because they’re closer? They’re ethnically and culturally different people.

You ask me what made the fall of the regimes in Iraq, Syria and Libya inevitable?
I’d suggest that the concentration of political power in the hands of a minority group (~18% of the population) may not actually be representative of an open, functioning democracy. This excerpt is from an Amnesty International report in 2011 (that puppet MSM megaphone for the US…) “The Syrian President’s speech today was widely expected to contain plans for the lifting of the country’s 50-year state of emergency.”
This must be the bastion of functioning democracy you mentioned. (spoiler alert: He didn’t lift the state of emergency in his speech) The election you mentioned? Won by Assad by a 97% majority… Wow. What a guy! Does a 50-year State of Emergency and an electoral margin of 97% indicate an open, free and fair state to you?

In Iraq the Sunni minority (~22-25%) exercised political control over the majority Shia and the Kurds. This was unsustainable. How was it done? Through political repression. Speak to a Kurd, or a Shia in Iraq, or a Kurd or a Sunni in Syria and see what they thought of the Hussain and Assad regimes. I’m assuming that you’ve been there and done this? Speak to the diaspora of Syrians here about their experiences. This is my point about you being condescending. You are removing the aspirations, intentions and actions of the people who have the greatest investment in the outcome of this ridiculous game. Are they fighting mindlessly because the US orchestrated it? They are as much an actor as the US, Iran, Turkey or Russia. To dismiss them as a figment of my imagination, implanted by propaganda, is insulting. To assume that a unilateral US withdrawal will somehow fix the mess is naïve.

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 9:48am
etarip wrote:

@Manbat. I get it. People who don’t agree with you are clearly brainwashed fools. You have a beef with the US. I get it. You excuse the external interference of others, while condemning the actions of the US. You contradict yourself by ascribing the malign influence US with the power to bring down an entire region singlehandedly, but in the same post deride the intelligence / security apparatus of this supposed omnipotent actor. “America is a war thirsty nation each withdrawal seems to be accompanied by another campaign. Since it began as a nation no other country in the world has been at war as long as america.” What is this incoherent shit? Its post-independence history 1776-1917 was one of isolationism.

I’m not an apologist for the US, but I’m a realist when it comes to recognizing that the US is not alone in seeking to influence events in the middle-east. Historically, it has always been the case, and I’d predict that this will continue regardless of the actions of the US. It’s a human problem, not restricted to the US. For the record, I didn’t agree with the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and agree that we shouldn't have been involved. I agree that it was an invasion built on false intelligence, the implementation of an alternate government was fundamentally flawed and I think history has rightly judged ‘us’ for that. I think the Maliki regime that they left in place in 2009 was flawed. But I fundamentally disagree with your view that the Assad and Hussein led regimes were "successful" (your words) or that a complete US withdrawal will “allow these countries peace and restoration”. Why do I have this view? Because there are too many competing factions and interests in the region.

“enlighten us and tell us what the fuck is going on” You have an interesting take on the Russians. What underpins your view that their involvement is stabilizing and benign? Their past form in Georgia, Ukraine, Estonia, Chechnya and the ‘stans’ seem to undermine this perspective. Their ‘protect Assad’ position is based on their own economic interests – gas pipelines from Central Asia to the Med. The Iranians benign? Look up the role and function of the IRGC-QF for some enlightenment. Do you have an issue with the Iranian position on the existence of Israel? If you have an issue with external influence in the region, why do you excuse the actions of Russia, Turkey and Iran? Just because they’re closer? They’re ethnically and culturally different people.

You ask me what made the fall of the regimes in Iraq, Syria and Libya inevitable?
I’d suggest that the concentration of political power in the hands of a minority group (~18% of the population) may not actually be representative of an open, functioning democracy. This excerpt is from an Amnesty International report in 2011 (that puppet MSM megaphone for the US…) “The Syrian President’s speech today was widely expected to contain plans for the lifting of the country’s 50-year state of emergency.”
This must be the bastion of functioning democracy you mentioned. (spoiler alert: He didn’t lift the state of emergency in his speech) The election you mentioned? Won by Assad by a 97% majority… Wow. What a guy! Does a 50-year State of Emergency and an electoral margin of 97% indicate an open, free and fair state to you?

In Iraq the Sunni minority (~22-25%) exercised political control over the majority Shia and the Kurds. This was unsustainable. How was it done? Through political repression. Speak to a Kurd, or a Shia in Iraq, or a Kurd or a Sunni in Syria and see what they thought of the Hussain and Assad regimes. I’m assuming that you’ve been there and done this? Speak to the diaspora of Syrians here about their experiences. This is my point about you being condescending. You are removing the aspirations, intentions and actions of the people who have the greatest investment in the outcome of this ridiculous game. Are they fighting mindlessly because the US orchestrated it? They are as much an actor as the US, Iran, Turkey or Russia. To dismiss them as a figment of my imagination, implanted by propaganda, is insulting. To assume that a unilateral US withdrawal will somehow fix the mess is naïve.

Nice an American apologist, explain to me again how successful Iraq has been since the American led invasion, how successfully lybia is after the American led invasion. Nah your right these countries are far better of now and in fact America wasn't even a major player.

I know it must be difficult to find a believable position for you to take following your posts but there is no need to project your personal inadequacies onto me, you really think I care if you disagree with me or anyone on an internet forum :)

'What incoherent shit is this?', sorry that you are having trouble understanding my posts. That particular point was to emphasise that America is a nation that is obsessed with war, constantly at war, one of the most warring nations in recent history but here is a simpler way for you to understand that point...

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/02/america-war-93-time-222-239-years...

Now just to reiterate, its OK for you not to agree with me etarip. I don't agree with your position that the US isn't a major player in the situation Syria :)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:05am

"Ok , I've just had word that they despise Australia's workforce and don't give a fuck about any Australian that isn't a CEO or a majority shareholder of a top 500 company "

Well PRAAAIIISE THE LOOORD!!!!!!!!! Where there's light, there's hope!!!!!!
Exactly... And what these conniving pieces of shit do is they via the news L media branch brainwash and encourage the working ants to "hate".... Divide and conquer........ "Those illegals are taking your money... Those loose vagina'd sinful single mums sucking off your taxes.... Them horrid unions are racist towards China... Cut the dole off those no hoper young people..... Oh.. Aboriginals... They fuck little children - you don't see us good christians doing that - best give them black alcoholics food stamps - that'll fix them".....
And the irritated working bees and drones who haven't quite figured out why they are irritated say "yeah....YEAH!!! That's why I'm unhappy.... That's why I can't find happiness...." They mindlessly grab a flag and its "STRAYA!!!!"....
Meanwhile, the Australian grey suit gestapo chuckle and sip the finest shiraz, donated of course, as they continue to lower Blowins living standards whilst having blowin do their work.....
Cheers, big ears...... ;)

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:16am

Get it off your chest sheepy!

The apprenticeships loss is such a jip for young people coming up. I can understand the carry on about the age of entitlement in some respects but I can't see the future in cutting off skills training and education be itfor young or old. Maybe education can't be as cheap as it was back in Abbott's day but reducing opportunity by reducing places is regressive.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:21am

"Get it off your chest sheepy!"
And yourself, manbat!! Welcome to the "I just wanna say" campaign.... You're doin' great...

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:23am

It's a good read :)

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:28am

Thanks for your magnanimous position manbat.
I don't see myself as an apologist. More a realist. And I don't think the US is solely to blame for Syria's current problems. I think they will continue regardless of what the U.S. does. Does my non-support of the 2003 US invasion of Iraq make me an apologist?

The reasons for going to war notwithstanding, for some,( the Kurds, the Shia In the south), life is better under the new order than it was prior to 2003.

Libya (that's how you spell it btw) was a civil war. There was no invasion. UNSCR 1973.

I've got a few inadequacies. Which one was I projecting onto you?

So, I get your anti US stance, but I'm still a little unsure of how you came to your position of support for Assad , Qaddafi or Hussein.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:28am

BTW, this link was swallowed up yesterday as we detoured into climate change.. It's heavy shit...Worth a read.... How many more "trolls" are pretending to be muslim jihadists online, just to stoke the fires? And how many are like this guy - jewish, or christian, This article is making tv news today... He was pretending to be a muslim extremist in Australia..

http://www.theage.com.au/national/australian-is-jihadist-is-actually-an-...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:31am

etarip... Do you support Mugabe? Or Kim jong? If you don't why not endorse military action against these evil regimes?.... Whoops...... No oil...... Sorry......

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:41am

I support neither.
And I don't support military action against either.
Is that OK?

manbat's picture
manbat's picture
manbat Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:47am

The Aussie jihadist story supports the cointell threads from the tin foil crew sheepy. Who would think a troll would be paid to turn up onto internet threads to spread disinformation ey etarip?

Etarip you gave a bit too much away in the post previous to your last.'I get it. People who don’t agree with you are clearly brainwashed fools. You have a beef with the US. I get it.' Blah blah, ad hominem attacks tend to come with a weak or flawed position and then to add,'I'm no American apologist' hehe nice touch :)

Um...yes...Iraq is better of since the invasion and Libya was a civil war...oh and I'm not an American apologist ;)

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 10:49am

Sheepd…oils aint oils. You know that the US is now oil independent and is an exporter - hence one reason why the oil price is down significantly but with respect to this topic it is noted that Hungary does not want the Muslim Syrians, neither Macedonia, nor Denmark and I believe Austria. Now true colours may be shown a bit more since both Aus political parties have stated 'lets take women and children and those most likely to be persecuted from Syria'. Christian Syrians in Aus seem to agree. At least this recent agreed refugee intake will get the government to build a better migrant in take process. They are already talking about regional areas to benefit. Seems like a good idea as was done post 1945.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 11:21am

Barbs, Hungary's leader is a major ally to Putin.... Go back and read the gasline threads posted by manbat and myself.... This is why Hungary is acting like a dog
http://themillenniumreport.com/2015/02/russia-has-a-major-eu-ally-in-hun...

Etarip.... Perhaps compress your essays... What exactly do you stand for, and in 500 words or less, in laymans terms, what is it you want to put across?
Otherwise I'll start picking your stuff to pieces.... And no one here including myself wants that lol

EG - "Libya (that's how you spell it btw) was a civil war. There was no invasion. UNSCR 1973."
Yes but France approached the U.N and demanded approval of bombing Libya as to help the "Arab uprising" against the government... France bombed Libyan forces, turning the tide of the civil war.. Therefore U.N member nations are complicit.....
Next........

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero Saturday, 12 Sep 2015 at 1:07pm

Both sides of your arguments have merit, its not just black and white. No easy solutions that I can see. I guess you got to pick up the spade and do some digging to get a true perspective. I guess we are lucky in that we are able get info here that is critical of the status quo ( although it is not as readily available as in some other countries )