Freedom

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 3:54pm
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 4:09pm

Freedom...... You see, this is what hundreds of thousands of diggers fought for, died for, lost limbs for... Gallipoli, Tobruk, Burma, Kokoda, Long tan... So that you could enjoy a few beers and a barby down at the beach park...... They would be rolling in their graves, the old diggers.......... Back then, if anyone was being a turd, they copped a clip around the ear..... If you didn't put your empties in the bin, or stack them back into the carton and put that next to the bin, someone would yell out " hey mate! clean your mess up!!" ...... Well you can't do that anymore...... Thanks to a small minority of politically correct wankers, and a handful of turds... These politically correct wankers are the same wankers that look down their noses if you have a beer in public, or god forgive, you have a smoke...... "But what about the children" they scream..... The off to church they go.....
30 years ago, someone smashing a bottle in the park would've copped a whack in the head, and the old boys would've made him clean it up..... Then if a do gooder had've walked up to the old boys and said " hey you can't drink here, and put that smoke out", the old boys would've said " I put my life on the line for you.... My mates died for you... So I'll drink a beer and smoke a ciggy wherever I like In MY country....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 5:58pm

Fair call Sheepio, it's fucked I reckon, but hey there are so many turds out there now that have no respect, no culture, no soul.
Why..........?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 6:44pm

Just a little thing called discipline, welly... You know... A clip around the ears.... "Oh junior, please stop kicking the cat"..... "Fuck off, mum".... "Junior, do you want to talk about how it made you feel when I asked you to stop kicking the cat?"......" Woteva. Where's my jim bean cans and red bull you promised".... "Right here, sweetie... Where are you going? To Jayden's 13th birthday party?"....... "Stop hassling me!!"..... "Sorry junior. what time will you be back? Junior? Sweetie? I've got to go to the gym tomorrow, so I'll leave lunch in the fridge!!!! See you tomorrow night darling!"..... "Stupid bitch".......

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 24 Jan 2015 at 7:10pm

Well then thats the "Stupid Bitch" then .
The up bringing has a little to be desired...?
A real shame Sheepio, what generation has this come from , "Y".
Our generation....? Obviously not me or you,,! Just a bunch of red neck uncouth dim wits or what...?

See the difference here Sheepio is my wives son Ziggy, is 19 and has never spoken to me like that ever since I have known him , from the age of 5...? We have a friend relationship and cruise together, never would he say "Fuck Off" .
He would never go down the beach get drunk on Australia day with his mates a cause kaos, way smarter than that. .
Its such a shame that people like yourself and myself thru our period of time that have let culture and respect pass thru their hands like nothing has happened...?
Not even considering what their own fore fathers had achieved to let them live a happy and healthy life.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 25 Jan 2015 at 7:50pm

If they tried to do that locally here . I would start a campaign to organise people just to do that .
At what stage do we become a police state . Again like you two I blame modern idealism the blame to this lack of respect . Lefty teachers are probably the worst for it , teaching kids " their rights " etcetera .
I know it sounds stupid , ( and this is the problem , many intellectuals don't understand ) .
Young impressionable males especially don't respond to fairy voices . Just like dogs , your gotta growl at them .... And if the bark still doesn't stop , give a nip on the heels .... So at last resort mild violence is what the game is , and if they know that from a young age . Then they know that realistically they deserve " rights " as such until they have matured and understand why rights exist ......

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 Jan 2015 at 9:49pm

Uuummm Interesting Southey.

Freedom comes from many different realms as a young kid....!

Quote Southey ...."Just like dogs , your gotta growl at them .... And if the bark still doesn't stop , give a nip on the heels ..."
That in itself is a classic call, for sure. When I myself misbehaved, My fathers voice was the end point for me, never was I hit as a kid, never was I bitten on the heals, so to speak. This is an important thing for a great upbringing when you are young, IMO fathers and mothers in this day in age, lack this responsibility...! Violence is no good at all, Communication is the key, especially with young uns.

Freedom as what Sheepio has stated in this thread is such a great thing to have and enjoy, in all various forms of our own journey in life.
Eh.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 25 Jan 2015 at 9:51pm

Seems the same Auswide by the sound, young dickheads, brought up in an overly politically correct world, it doesn,t help them in the long run ,never had anybody give them a slap or tell them no. Can,t employ them as they are fucking useless and unreliable, too busy posting pics of their tattoos and texting to actually learn or finish anything and they gov wonders why the youth unemployment rate is so high.Sad thing about it is I can get a backpacker who has initiative and works cheaper or another adult apprentice rather than having another dumb young bloke who works a day or a week. Hopefully the lazy little cunts can,t even bother learning to surf and the crowds start to drop as an upside but more likely the rest of the world will just move here and Brazillian "locals" will be the norm. Bring back the grommet pole. Happy Australia day, cheers to the diggers past and present.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 Jan 2015 at 9:58pm

The grommet pole for sure MH ;)

To the bottom of the pecking order and respect the elders as in all cultures.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 Jan 2015 at 10:05pm

MH,
"young dickheads, brought up in an overly politically correct world, it doesn,t help them in the long run ,never had anybody give them a slap or tell them no"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Too many University students that think they know fucking everything...?
"Really" I say, How old are you 18...?
Yeah OK then....?
Cheeky young fucks that will again spoil it for others on Australia's day.
Which really is every day.....!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 26 Jan 2015 at 10:12am

Lots more to it than just a few young turds..... In regards to these turds, let's compare it to, say, bringing up a puppy german shepherd..... If you train it well, give it love, set boundaries, give it a boot in the arse when it does something stupid, you'll have yourself a bloody good dog that will be safe around kids, protect the family, and wont shit on the carpet......
But when a dog is mistreated, neglected, spoilt, you can have real issues..... Whenever I see a dog attack on tv, I know the owners were useless.... I sorta feel sorry for the dog as well as the person it bit.....
Kids are the same...... Sure, more brains than a dog.... They know right from wrong.... But some of this social predicament we have found ourselves in is our own fault.... The boomers in the 1980s took away the cane at school, and started to impose this "don't hit my little johnny" argument.... We gen x, and now gen y, have adopted this ridiculous practice.... Thousands upon thousands of years of tried and tested discipline thrown out the door....
So yeah, they are young turds..... But we as a society created this....
And btw, as welly pointed out, not all of them are turds..... Some are lucky to have "old fashioned" parents who instil pride, dignity, and empathy.....

Then there's the issue of the "religious minority" who form lobby groups to administer their ideals on the majority..... They are more than happy to have a few ratbags cause trouble... Then of course, they can pressure the local council and state member to have certain areas "alcohol free".... It's a perfect storm for those who wish to cleanse your soul.....
You may think "but hey, the dawg doesn't even drink piss anymore.... Why does he care?" Well I do care..... It's your right to have a few beers down at the park with your barby.... A bit of cricket, stereo, snags on bread with too much tomato sauce...... Just clean your mess up before you leave......
Respect and friendship.... The family sitting near you that may feel intimidated? Offer them a snag and a beer.... Introduce yourself...... Give their kids a bat or a bowl...... It's all good....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 26 Jan 2015 at 6:07pm

Oooooh just saw a "national security hotline" ad on swellnet............ I'm outta here!!!!!! ;)

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Monday, 26 Jan 2015 at 6:56pm

delete history, delete history, who is this? someone has been using my computer.Oh shit someone at the door...