Conspiracy Theory

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer started the topic in Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 10:44am

Ever seen the Zapruder film? President Kennedy was 50-75 metres past the Texas Book Depository building when he was fatally shot. The official explanation has always been that he was shot from behind to the left.
Years later the Zapruder film was released that changed the way people viewed the assassination.
Check out the footage yourself and decide where you think the bullet came from?

http://m.

&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXFxLtGuLTdA

Anyone have an opinion to share on this or other conspiracy theories?

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 1:05pm

I am currently attempting to educate myself about fluoridation of community water supplies. At the moment the local health service is trying to introduce this to the region I live (north coast NSW). At first a friend of mine was going on about it and I was skeptical however the more I read the worse it looks. From what I have read there is a growing body of evidence that demonstrates a scarily large range of medical disorders, including increasing risk of cancer and affecting the nervous system (eg degenerative neurological diseases) as well as musculoskeletal system (arthritis type symptoms).
Reading the summary on page four of this article below is harrowing reading:

http://www.enviro.ie/Public%20Health%20Investigation%20of%20Epidemiologi...

It is based on research conducted by the US National Research Council. Keep in mind that fluoridation of water supplies is not for a life saving purpose, it is to supposedly keep your tetth in good health.
The evidence I have read is that fluoride only has a preventative effect on tooth decay when used topically eg toothpaste or the concentrated fluoride dentists use, not when ingested. So why put it in drinking water? Is it in fact a form of mass medication? The Nazis were the first to trial this as an attempt to control the masses.
What shits me is that this policy takes the responsibility and personal choice away from me about what goes into me and my family's bodies (or just makes it far more difficult to provide my family with non-fluoridated water). I am happy to assist my children to brush their teeth regularly rather than potentially expose them to increased risk of a variety of horrible medical conditions. Its fucked.
So re the conspiracy theory - mass fluoridation of the populace dumbs down the people and makes them more compliant, plus makes money for large corporations who produce toxic fluoride as a byproduct and otherwise have a cost to dispose of it.
Any thoughts sheeple? I'd be particularly interested in hearing from any dentists, or really anyone who has done a bit of reading on the topic...

Another link with info is below. The guy is a dentist:
www.robertgammal.com

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 2:29pm

Hi Swellnet guys. The formatting of the two above comments has gone weird and reads off the right side of the page underneath ads- can one of your tech guys please have a look at it as it is hard to read now? Ta

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 6:23pm

classic

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 6:48pm

I think its the change over from the old SN to the new SN.

I just received a PM dating 08.10.13...?

Thats pretty cool Im in a wormhole.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 8:54pm

Fixed Mundies, it was because that link was too long. I've edited it with a bitly link.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 9:04pm

Thanks Craig.
YS - clearly the aliens forgot to put your tin foil hat back after the probe
Wellymon - there was a surf film a few years ago with an interview with an iconic aussie indo adventurer on it and he reportedly had a wormhole experience in the tube. He was here, and then he was there..... And a dude in the line up said to him hey man, you were here, and then you were there... Hopefully you are now there.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 9:57pm

Considering human nature I think a stuff up is always more likely than a conspiracy.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 10:00pm

@mundies I read the summary on that link about fluoride in water. I'm glad I'm on rainwater down here. At least I can spit the toothpaste out after brushing my teeth. They say you don't need to rinse your mouth after brushing just leave it in there but I always rinse.
I did some contract work at the Colgate toothpaste factory on the Gold Coast about 10 years ago(I'm a Maintenance Fitter). Some of the chemicals that are in toothpaste you wouldn't believe you put that stuff in your mouth!

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 12:44pm

There are quite a few countries stopping water supply fluoridation. The EU is almost wholly clean now. Cairns recently ceased. Now councils on the far north coast NSW are looking to introduce it? Fark its crazy, there are no scientifically proven health benefits (multiple studies comparing different communities with both fluoridated and non-fluoridated water supplies show little difference in dental health, with dental fluorosis obviously worse in fluoridated populations) and more and more evidence building up on just how wicked this shit is. I have read that to handle fluoride you need to wear full body and head protection. Yorkesurfer, did you have to wear protective gear to work on the equipment at the Colgate factory?

http://www.robertgammal.com/PDFs/To%20Fluoridate%20or%20Not%20pdf.pdf

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 1:00pm

I'm with blindboy, when the choice is between conspiracy and stupidity always choose the latter.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 1:11pm

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.” ― Alan Moore

Ironically, Moore wrote 'V for Vendetta' which many conspiracy theorists now cite as a motif i.e the Guy Fawkes mask worn by Anonymous members.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 2:50pm

I think the references overstate the risks. The data based on a comparison between Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland in particular seems a bit dubious given the vast differences in their mortality rates from other well established causes. In assessing this type of material, both for and against, one of the main considerations has to be confirmation bias......the tendency of researchers to find what they want to find. A clear warning of that potential risk is when a paper presents a case rather than objectively analyses the evidence.
Other things to look out for are the nature of the references. If they are not in a peer reviewed journal they need to be treated with great suspicion as there is no guarantee that their results have been objectively assessed by other scientists working in that area. It is very easy to make a case with carefully selected and manipulated data. If you are really concerned about chemical safety maybe you should stay away from this stuff too!

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 4:41pm

Both fluoride and caustic soda in toothpaste are extremely hazardous and were stored in big stainless steel vats. The mixing etc was done in an automated system with virtually no human interaction. Then the pipe work was cleaned using steam for 12 hour periods to ensure no residual chemicals could escape. I was extremely careful and nervous when checking and replacing valves and equipment related to those systems.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 5:05pm

A surprising conspiracy theory I read recently relates to the 1978 Hilton Hotel bombing in Sydney.

A.S.I.O has been fingered for attempting to create an incident while foreign dignitaries were staying at the hotel to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting(CHOGM).
The security organisation had been under pressure to justify their existence from federal and state governments Australia wide in the lead up to the bombing with many state premiers threatening to lobby for the organisation to be disbanded.

The theory goes that the bomb which was placed in a bin outside was meant to be found and detonated by the police in a controlled explosion. There had been an anonymous phone call warning of the bomb's placement but a garbage truck which arrived 20 minutes early ensured the bomb squad, who were waiting in the area never got the chance.
As the compactor crushed the garbage, the bomb detonated. 3 people died, 2 garbage men and a policemen.
Perhaps one of those conspiracy/stupidity scenario's stu/blindboy?

Wikipedia have a good write up on the mysterious events surrounding the bombing?(read the Accusations of Conspiracy section)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Hilton_Hotel_bombing

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 5:15pm

Yeah YS, that Caustic Soda (NaOH)...? Nasty stuff.
Good that you went to extreme cautions when changing out valves, spools etc.
I worked up in the Rio Tinto alumina refinery in Nulunbuy, Gove NT. Abseiling down in the precipitation tanks chipping of baked on caustic so we could gas cut slots in the draft tubes, if you didn't needle gun all the caustic off before you started gas cutting the shit it would explode in your face and burn.
Even drips of(NaOH) would land on you and make the most horrible ulcer looking burn if not treated straight away.
I had a few showers standing in the middle of a finery in me undies under a safety shower for 20 minutes above a bubbling hot caustic precip tank.
I will never work ever ever ever again (quote Upl.ft) work in an Aluminium refinery again.

We put that shit in our mouth as well as fluoride, Uuuummmm. Yuuuuummmm.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 6:33pm

I take your point Blindboy. I am only just starting to educate myself about this issue & distrust much of the information. I work in health myself but an unrelated field & generally try to apply evidence based practice. Unless it is rigorous & peer reviewed it is only a short step from anecdotal opinion. I'll keep learning about it as much as time permits. The main issue I have is that the reason for this non-consensual health policy is prevention of dental problems - it's sold as a cost reduction measure. If fluoride is proven to work only topically as in the previous reference, & there is evidence of health risks associated with ingestion, plus you cannot control the dosage of individuals, then I would have thought in a sane world it'd be a no brainer & it wouldn't happen.
I am keen to get more info that is credible to come to an informed position. I can't say "make an informed decision" as if this is introduced to my water supply I will have next to no say in it.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 6:39pm

I also agree there is most likely no conspiracy, just stupidity or just as likely, greed. Once there is a vested interest and money coming in unfavorable research is less likely to be published.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 6:42pm

Wellymon - most medicines are poisonous at high doses. But some stuff is just plain toxic and should be avoided.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 6:45pm

YS - that conspiracy theory sounds like a similar story to the 9/11 theory. Don't know what to think. On one hand I think it's implausible, but on the other when I consider the darker side of human nature not much would surprise me

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 6:56pm

Hi mundies, I think there is substantial evidence that it does reduce dental decay when added to water. The Wikipedia article states that and quotes a meta study that would seem to be reliable, but I will keep an open mind.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Tuesday, 8 Oct 2013 at 7:05pm

Thanks Blindboy. I'll try & find time to look into it & post anything salient. Keeping an open mind also...

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Wednesday, 9 Oct 2013 at 7:22am

Hey Mundies,mate check out the movie ..loose change 2..all about 911 and it will confirm the darker side of human nature.Theres so much evidence from no actual plane in the pentagon to many eye witness accounts of the buildings imploding not to mention tower 7 which imploded a bit later that no one talks about. All about power and greed.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 at 9:37am

On a day when Sydney looks likely to break all the records for the hottest day in October at 39 degrees its timely to trot out the Great Global Warming Conspiracy!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_conspiracy_theory

redsands's picture
redsands's picture
redsands Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 at 10:29am

Has anyone on Swellnet seen any chemsprayers?A light plane releasing a chemical spay over the country side or cities.I have seen many and especially of late around the Illawarra and Southern highlands.Wonder what these are for?Anyone I have spoken to about this has a conspiracy theory attached to it.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 at 6:16pm

@redsands I first heard of the chemtrail theory from former neighbours who sold their house in the city and moved down to my sleepy little town. They were in the process of buying 100 acres of bush land from Alby Mangels and were going off the grid, setting themselves up in a self sufficient lifestyle. Sounded like a great plan but not sure if they could escape the chemtrails, even out there!
They also told me of the FEMA conspiracy which is the Federal Emergency Management Authority in the United States. This theory will have you reaching for your tin foil hats! Here's a link......

http://conspiracywiki.com/articles/fema/what-is-fema/

redsands's picture
redsands's picture
redsands Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 at 7:34pm

Thanks yorkessurfer,interesting.These planes have been doing laps between Canberra and Sydney with detours through the Illawarra for some time now.I've seen them with my own eyes.Also there only out when sea breezes are forecast,never when there is a westerly here in new south.I guess they don't want to waste it out to sea.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Friday, 11 Oct 2013 at 11:02am

I heard one once, it was a rumour that Swellnet were launching a new website with awesome new and improved stuff on it, sounded great but probably to good to be true.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 12 Oct 2013 at 8:40pm

Surf related conspiracy. The big three used their influence to sell the marketing rights to pro surfing to Coca Cola at far below their actual value so that they could ride on the back of Coke's advertising campaign.....oh shit sorry, that's not a conspiracy that's business as usual!

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 13 Oct 2013 at 1:03pm

There are reports that the Department of Homeland Security in the US is engaging in a massive military buildup buying weapons and ammunition in readiness for potential serious civil unrest in the event of another Wall Street collapse resulting from a failure in US debt ceiling negotiations.

An insight into the risk of such a crisis appeared in an article on BBC News on September 21, 2013, which drew from an explosive autobiography called Power Trip by former UK Primeminister Gordon Brown’s spin doctor Damian McBride, who said the prime minister was worried that law and order could collapse during the 2008 financial crisis. McBride quoted Brown as saying;

"If the banks are shutting their doors, and the cash points aren’t working, and people go to Tesco [a grocery chain] and their cards aren’t being accepted, the whole thing will just explode.
If you can’t buy food or petrol or medicine for your kids, people will just start breaking the windows and helping themselves.
And as soon as people see that on TV, that’s the end, because everyone will think that’s OK now, that’s just what we all have to do. It’ll be anarchy. That’s what could happen tomorrow."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/10/07/is-homeland-security-preparing-fo...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 13 Oct 2013 at 3:01pm

Sorry yorkes but that is a stuff up not a conspiracy since no-one is planning to cause another financial disaster. They are just, according to this highly selective interpretation, planning to deal with the consequences.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 13 Oct 2013 at 5:45pm

You sure about that BB? Could the Repuplican/Teaparty be conspiring to cause a financial disaster by blocking the raising of the debt ceiling crippling banks and causing a civil uprising resulting in marshall law being declared?
Then the Military/ Homeland Security/ FEMA take control of the streets as a first step of America becoming a military dictatorship and appointing members of their political arm the Republican Party to restore order?
Considering the Republican's approval ratings in current polls is now down in the teens it doesn't look like they will be winning power legitimately for a long, long time?
http://www.independentaustralia.net/2013/international/the-u-s-shutdown-...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 13 Oct 2013 at 8:15pm

Nah if they can't organise a decent election campaign finance has to be beyond their skills. I'm calling stuff up. If it turns into poo it will by misjudgement not conspiracy.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Tuesday, 15 Oct 2013 at 1:15pm

The current US crisis can be interpenetrated in a couple of other ways.

1) The wealthiest of the wealthy who control global finance and influence global economics, the Kochs, Rothschilds, Rockerfellers etc are playing for an end game. That is, they have no religious views, do not believe in an after life, therefore they are prepared to rape and pillage the worlds resources and people to gain as much wealth and power as possible in their own lifetimes with no thought to future generations. After all, they will not be the ones paying for their misdeeds...the financial psychopaths running the asylum.

2) Then there are the US fundamental right wing religious factions (S Ted Cruz is currently the leading public face) who's end game is the Apocolypse, and the second coming of the messiah. There is also the Jewish Moshiach, which is the Torah's version of the Apocolypse, the coming of the Moshiach and the entire worlds population living under the laws and guidance of the Moshiach new world order.

Both of the latter conveniently play into the hands of the former to realise their end goal.

An interesting article on the sinking ship that is the US.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_folly_of_empire_20131014

How do I get rid of that damn smiley that comes up when trying to insert a link? You will just have to copy and paste until I get this figured out.

bushido's picture
bushido's picture
bushido Tuesday, 15 Oct 2013 at 1:49pm

Wealthy American greedy assholes raping, pillaging and oppressing the middle class has nothing to do with not believing in god.
You'll find they're mostly Catholic nut jobs like George Bush.

If you believe most atheists aren't caring, civilized and good people you're incredibly ignorant.

The two party system does not work, the corporations have worked it out and 'lobby' (bribe) both parties.
The democrats and Obama are still scum war criminals.

trippergreenfeet Tuesday, 15 Oct 2013 at 2:51pm

Bushido, just throwing it out there mate, the first point is something I heard for the first time last week, personally I don't subscribe to that one...this is the Conspiracy Thread after all.

What's that quote attributed to Aristotle? Something about entertaining a thought without accepting it.

I'm an atheist mate...myself and most I know have better ethics than many a happy clapper I've come across.

I totally agree the two party system is a hoax, that's one great conspiracy in itself, getting the masses to believe it actually benefits the "voter".

bushido's picture
bushido's picture
bushido Tuesday, 15 Oct 2013 at 3:47pm

Cool, I read it as if it was your opinion. I made a now obvious silly mistake.

I don't think the American government corruption, greed and very poor treatment of human rights is a conspiracy.
I believe it's very real, that country has created an unfixable huge mess and it's only going to get far worse.

It's amazing that the masses you bring up are so uneducated or obedient to propaganda. It even applies to close family and friends.
You could try and explain to them forever but they still want to march forward voting for Liberal because their dad Does and it's their team.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 1:09pm

There's some scary stuff being posted online lately. How's this short clip from U.S congress related to F.E.M.A(Federal Emergency Management Authority). So many key words classified? What the fuck could this be about? Ebola? https://m.

Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 4:19pm

There is a battle going on its happening from all angles cant you see it some say its religion others will say its the wealthy.
Have you read George Orwells 1984.
It is about complete domination & control of the entire human population but who is doing it.
Ever wondered why so many SINKHOLES keep appearing think there a natural occurrence I don't think so.
There is something in there.
Kennedy assassinated because he wouldn't play with the HOLY ones
Osama Bin Laden he is not a bad guy he just didn't want the HOLY ones playing in his sand pit.
Whats at the WTC now a big hole

Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 4:19pm

There is a battle going on its happening from all angles cant you see it some say its religion others will say its the wealthy.
Have you read George Orwells 1984.
It is about complete domination & control of the entire human population but who is doing it.
Ever wondered why so many SINKHOLES keep appearing think there a natural occurrence I don't think so.
There is something in there.
Kennedy assassinated because he wouldn't play with the HOLY ones
Osama Bin Laden he is not a bad guy he just didn't want the HOLY ones playing in his sand pit.
Whats at the WTC now a big hole

Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 4:21pm

You see you think I click the button twice but did i

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 4:46pm

Ohhhh...... Spooky, blinkers................ :o

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 5:09pm

Conspiracy theorist David Icke believes shapeshifting reptilians have taken over positions of power and control amongst governments and the wealthy elite. This clip of Tony Abbott 'shapeshifting' had us rolling around in tears of laughter. Watch the slo-mo it is kinda freaky......
https://m.

Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off's picture
Blinkers off Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 5:11pm

and what about the greatest conspiracy of the all
How has a girl called Kelly been able to totally dominate the ct for the last 20 years

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 5 Aug 2014 at 5:41pm

Hmmm. Not gonna go there...... lol.....

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Wednesday, 6 Aug 2014 at 6:41am

loose change 2...... look it up and open your eyes and mind,its all about power and greed.