Ain't Karma a bitch ...

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat started the topic in Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 11:08pm
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 11 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm

This is one of the best things I've seen in ages. Great to see an equal opinion between Labor and Liberal voters too.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 7:34am

Karma you have got to love it. Go Cathy.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 8:37am

Admittedly, I'm quite satisfied with the election result but will be even more so if this black widow is rolled.

I wonder if she loses her seat will she repay the $100k+ to the late Colin Howard QC estate?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 10:50am
e wrote:

Mirabella .... caught the eye of Colin Howard, a dean of law and noted constitutional law expert. British-born Howard combined sneering superiority with social awkwardness and possessed a cruel appreciation for weak argument and weaker people. Mirabella learnt at his knee and then some.

Wow. Very surprised to read the last line in mainstream media!

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/ciao-bella-soph...

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 6:59pm

Is she in front with the primary vote?
Doesn't majority rule in a democratic society?
I think floyd you should stop crowing. The green and labor vote looks pretty pore.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 7:35pm

Nick, you should read up a bit about Cathy.

She's one of a rare breed that actually has the interests of her electorate at heart.

There was a backlash against Mirabella because the locals felt they were not being represented properly and the electorate of Indi was being taken for granted.

I'm glad Labor got the boot but feel that Mirabella is not the sort of person I would wish to represent me.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 8:10pm

nick3 wrote; "The green and labor vote looks pretty pore."

In Victoria(Mirabella's state) only 71% turnout resulted in the 2 party preferred vote being;

Australian Labor Party polled 1,266,939
Two parties combined Liberal/National Coalition polled 1,271,108

And this with a 3.64% swing TO the Liberals! A 7.65 swing AGAINST Labor. A swing AGAINST the Greens of 2.31% giving fewer preferences to Labor. All this and still only a mere 5,000 votes difference in the two party preferred count.

Wow, what a mandate for Abbott. That was the best Murdoch could achieve for his love child. 5000 more votes!

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 10:15am

Haven't actually been watching it southey. Not a big watcher of channel 9 dramas but there was a good docco on SBS called Murdoch a while back and your right he will back whoever will pander to his wishes and or business interests. Wonder what the payback will be for the front page assassination of Labor?
Meanwhile great to hear that most unpleasant woman Mirabella looks likely to lose her seat!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 4:37pm

Hey nick3, It all makes sense now; are you really Sophie's love child?

whaaaat's picture
whaaaat's picture
whaaaat Wednesday, 18 Sep 2013 at 1:41pm
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 18 Sep 2013 at 2:47pm

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - apt description of the former member for Indi.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 18 Sep 2013 at 3:54pm

I hope Clive Palmer can hang on and win his seat in Fairfax too. Not just for the entertainment factor mind you, he wants electoral reform after some pretty dodgy happenings in his electorate like missing ballot boxes turning up in different polling booths?.
Then theres the mystery 1000 votes reappearing in Mirabella's electorate of Indi?
In 2013 it does seem strange that we are not required to show ID when we vote and are still using pencils to mark the ballot papers?
He is threatening to use his senate numbers to block all of the Coalition's legislation till he gets his reforms!
Who would of thought, an obnoxious Conservative saying no to everything till he gets his way?
Sounds like the last three years;)
http://m.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/palmer-threatens-...