Labor leadership

nick3's picture
nick3 started the topic in Tuesday, 26 Mar 2013 at 7:07pm

Who is as happy as me that the leadership dispute is now put to rest and Juilliard Gillard is here to takes us to the election

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 2:10am

Egoism doesn't suit you, Sypo.... Smugness is more your style...... Stick with it.... It works for you.... ;)

haha sheepdog, my egomaniac comment wasn't aimed at you in particular (even though that was a practice of yours) you're a maniac with your ego in check...most of the time., I hope you pick up on my self depricating and piss taking tones. Just making observations because these forums are full of egomaniacal aspergic cunts, hence the uglier arguing that happens.

but seriously, what do you think labor can do given the current situation? anything they change to be nicer will start the boats again, if the boats start again, labor will be judged poorly by history, and they'll be back to the political wilderness again. people smugglers, or 'service providers' will be hanging of any word labor says on the subject, and if labor get in, the waters will be tested whatever their policy is. they really cannot win. yeh its a dispicable situation fostered by howard and co. but you've got to work with the current conditions. i get it that people arrive on planes etc. too, but the numbers can't be anywhere near as high as what they were with boats.

I have to agree with indo d the whole UN refugee convention thing is looking way out of date, so maybe we should just pull out altogether. I know you refuse to go to indo, no offense, but i think this gives you a limited perspective regarding the dramatic changes and attitudes in the developing world compared to Australia. they really do laugh at things we do and our generousity, and their society is developing so fast with ever changing priorities and opportunities, it seems Australia is hanging onto 1970s moral arguments that make things unworkable and incredibly expensive, while the developing world is getting on with stuff in a much more practical and expediated manner.

@ blowin abbott looks pathetic with all those flags, it is very contrived and manipulative tactics abbott is using. while you could describe the labor banner etc. the same, i think the important difference is the purpose, poltical parties always have lame set ups and slogans at these conferences, advance australia was particularly lame.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 8:39am

Sypo, wtf are you doing up at 2.10am???? lol Hope your not watching the shopping channels or re runs of"friends" :p

"if the boats start again, labor will be judged poorly by history"............................................. Actually mate, I think it'll be the other way around in 20 years.... I think history will judge our treatment of refugees, our locking up of children, our encouragement to the bigots, our blanket media bans badly.... Sure in the short term yo may be right.... But that's the problem.... politics is now a short term fix, not a long term vision...

"i get it that people arrive on planes etc. too, but the numbers can't be anywhere near as high as what they were with boats."
You must've missed my link, sypo.... More arrive by plane.... with dodgy passports.... In fact, I point out that Lindt cafe shooter came by plane, the 9/11 bombers in Usa got there by plane, and any serious terrorist would not spend 3 years via Indo to get here, but would have the best phony documentation that afghani heroin money could buy, and fly straight in...
Now maybe that year that Gillard and Rudd were bitching and fuckin up instead of keeping their eye on the ball and governing this country, maybe more arrived by boat that year, but I'm sure you'll find historically that more arrive by plane and always have... And as I was pointing out to blowin, if you are a member of a coalition that invades a country, bombs the fuck out of it, displaces innocent civilians, then you gotta man the fuck up a take some responsibility for the carnage..... Why do you think afghani/iraqi/Syrian/Libyan refugees are traveling to "coalition of the willing" countries, sypo? yes, history will be the judge mate......

Now..... Barley...... Seeings you take great interest in the adventures of the dawg re' uplift and my moves around the country, I'd like to say a couple of things;
1 - I love having groupies....
2 - being a groupie of mine, you'd know I lived in S.A back in the late 80s early 90s, back when men were men, when I fell in love with my S.A girl.....
3 - I always make sure I have a rain water tank in S.A..... I'd suggest you do the same, because the heavy metals and poop in the tap water has obviously fucked your brain. hahahaha....

"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 9:27am

I'm on the night shift, trying not to watch shopping channels and friends!!!!...so its docos and abc 24, which is where i get my info, which is why i dont feel the need to supply links for everything i say (not aimed at you! my sensitive little sheepdog!!!) in fact i think its quite pathetic the way grown men trawl the internet looking for links that support their beliefs while condemning anyone else's links, but hey that's the game now.

i don't buy into the whole terrorists come by boats thing at all, and I think the lindt guy was more about mental health than islam. totally agree we bare some responsibility for the middle east mess. however there is huge network of info sources now based around the internet that enables some pretty dubious refugees to make it to our shores. and the fact our shores are the ultimate destination adds to the dubiousness. they manage to cross many borders on the way to oz, borders that obviously aren't good enough when shopping for a home. and they're all not from the middle east, the sri lankan thing became a bit of a joke. i work with plenty of africans, one in particular made it to oz after 13 years in a refugee camp, another came on a student visa, then "made up some bullshit" to get refugee status. both good guys on the surface but I know which one I'd rather help, and coincidently i know which one is a better worker/asset to the country. there is a lot of bullshit flying around with this issue and it seems advocates believe any bullshit they are told. i think its like anything in modern politics, the extremes are too far apart, and the extremes are the ones that talk loud enough to be heard. as with all stories the truth is somewhere in the middle.

i hope you were smart enough to move to a country spot in sa, rather than anywhere on the frustrating fleurieu

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 9:52am

Nah, mate not on the fleurieu..... But that area does have some pros....
"in fact i think its quite pathetic the way grown men trawl the internet looking for links that support their beliefs while condemning anyone else's links, but hey that's the game now."
Yeah I've heard that argument before, back in the now deleted climate change thread.... But hey, facts are facts, and heresay is heresay.....
"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 10:31am

yep sure does have pros, like trees and water which are kinda nice, but waves....very frustrating, though the last few years have been good i reckon, for few years the lake had lumps thanks to to some pretty specific swell direction, this year not so good, but luckily the bankless beaches have had banks, I'd go as far as all time (which still isn't that good really)

sorry to pick on the new game, it's only me that despises it, so I'm willi g to concede it's me that's wrong!!

yep facts are facts, that's why i trust a station with a fact checker, and i think we all have a reasonable idea of which internet sources are credible. but even credible sources have agendas, which leads to manipulations and ommisions, even the best sites you have to read between the lines

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 10:39am

So true, sypo... So true.... Note the "link" I supplied on plane arrivals was from Rupert Murdochs News L...... Not from the age, or guardian, or abc... I did this on purpose... If any news organization is gonna paint a bad picture, or twist facts towards to be pro Abbott, it's news L..... So for that media outlet to admit more arrive by plane carries more weight, don't you think?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 11:19am

yeh nice one....i do appreciate that

i don't dispute the numbers, clearly the plane refugees require attention. i just get pissed with human rights lawyers and ms. young being as misleading as howard and abbott.

plane or boat,however they get here, every rich refugee that buys their way here displaces a poor one waiting, and waiting...

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 12:46pm

Can any laborite i.e floyd enlighten us on why martin ferguson has been expelled from the labor party at the request of the unions?
Or why billy bunta is allowing for conscience votes for the next 2 elections on gay marriage and then you have to toe the party line?
@sheepo i thought it was hilarious how you tried to match it with uppity..kept me entertained for a while..abit more work and you'll get to his level, one day..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 1:22pm

That's it Barley... Dodge weave, dodge weave, insult, dodge weave, sledge.... Dodge weave.... change topic... Dodge weave.....
Hilarious...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 1:28pm
Sheepdog wrote:

That's it Barley... Dodge weave, dodge weave, insult, dodge weave, sledge.... Dodge weave.... change topic... Dodge weave.....
Hilarious...

That's it sheepy.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 1:45pm

Coupla uppity uppercuts there sheepo? Not like you to hear the sound of your own voice ;)
Floggy care to elaborate or give labors views on these two points?
Lets face it first it was the gillard thread, then abbsy/turnball now billy s thats at least 4 yrs of whinging about politics.nothin good to say just all bad, critiquing, keyboard experts ..seriously yalk need to just appreciate what we got..dunno how you guys can sleep at night? Have you got any positives to talk about? But hey if it floats ya boat all good

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 2:06pm

Keep calling for the troops to back you up, barley....... (sound of crickets).......
You're on your own son..... Let go of uppys skirt... he aint gonna dig you out of this one.....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 2:19pm

With current and even previous labor policy I don't buy into the terrorist arriving by boat thing either, however i think under a 30 days onshore processing policy like the Greens propose, i think it would be very different story and very realistic risk especially when you are processing people that you often have no documentation on and any idea of their history, i have no idea how they can even process a lot of these people i guess its done on just how they look and languages they can speak.

BTW. Sypkan i agree with pretty much everything you have said on the this topic.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 2:47pm

What's that old chestnut warning against wrestling with a pig on his turf? You both get covered in shit, and realise the pig loves it!

(see below)

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 2:33pm

Not callin for him sheepy..just made me laugh how embarassing you were but hey mate you love hearin yourself talk...everyday in every forum..its sheepdog...sheepdog...sheepdog..do you ever go surfing? Like the one thats in the water not the internet?cause this is a surf website you know. Cheers

Shatner'sBassoon Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 3:31pm
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 4:09pm
barley wrote:

Not callin for him sheepy..just made me laugh how embarassing you were but hey mate you love hearin yourself talk...everyday in every forum..its sheepdog...sheepdog...sheepdog..do you ever go surfing? Like the one thats in the water not the internet?cause this is a surf website you know. Cheers

Maybe you and uplift should get a room......

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 4:19pm

If your interested in where the potential next government stand on a variety of issues check out Labor's news website http://www.laborherald.com.au