WTF?

uplift's picture
uplift started the topic in Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013 at 9:57pm

Gidday, after all of the exciting excitement and riveting excitement and even more exciting excitement about the exciting art form of Quicksilver 'Semi Professional' all conquering eliteness, that is world championship, Quicksilver, rarified surf arting... where did it all go?

Not even a mention about Margies on Swellnet. Obviously just too much, too soon excitement for one year? Or, maybe everyone, the whole lot of them, as well as those cool handed, rarefied, elite 'Pros' that 'in fact', never make mistakes, that, in fact did make drastic mistakes, have been eliminated due to interference penalties? Or, even worse, by those ####ing, pesky little local grommets from Margies. They should be banned. I think its in the rules, or could be put into the rules, post heat, that they could be banned for interfering with elite, all conquering rarefied, 'Semi Professionals!' If only.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's not fair. Its cruel. Being pumped up to incredible, 'Semi Pro' and elite volumes of rarefied, art filled Spiritual heights and excitement, and then, poof, nothing.

crisp's picture
crisp's picture
crisp Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013 at 10:59pm

mate your tripping, I can see 2 links to Margrets comp on the front page.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 12:51am

i think Uplifts onto something .

Why else would Brett Hardy not get an invite ............

Bloody conspiracies , millions of Brazillions ..... where will it end . where's the bunny when ya need him .
get him on the blower will ya TD . ;-)

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 1:14am

Gidday Crisp, links? Wow! Stoked! Maybe there could be a (preferably rarefied) commentary, article, or coverage about the links. Just to keep the ball rolling and the excitement meter roaring up.

Anyway, something more important has rocked the elite athletic world. Some smart alec young kid's snuck into Laker's stadium and kicked Koby Bryant's butt, eliminating the Lakers, only to be told by the commentators that he's gonna have to do way bigger and better than that if he wants to mix it up with the big boys.

It's caused an exciting, rarefied furor, and child welfare agencies around the world have found the source of this sort of debacle (hundredth monkey principle). They are demanding to know why little kids are being used to absolutely shellac champion, omni elite, professional, rarefied athletes (well surfers anyway), every time the surf is over 3 foot, only to then be excitingly blown up, and lit up by them whenever it drops to under 3 foot. That sort of child exploitation was supposed to have stopped in the chimney sweep days.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 6:00am

Hi Uplift, it was taken down from the frontpage in preparation for the next Rip Curl Pro module to go up.

All the articles can still be found under the Latest News - Quiksilver Pro 2013 tab.. http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/quiksilver-pro-2013

And there are 4 articles about the Drug Aware Pro under Form Guide.. http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/form-guide

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 7:37pm

Gidday Craig, exactly. Its like no Quicksilver, no amasing excitement. Why not the same frothing coverage of Margaret's? The difference is glaring.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 7:56pm

Uplift, we're focusing on covering ASP World Tour events this year. Unfortunately sending someone over to WA just to cover Margs is quite expensive, given the general low level of interest for the event (compared to Snapper or Bells).

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 8:29pm

Gidday Thermalben, thanks for the honest reply.