What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 1:55pm

you got it. yeah, there is no doubt a name for the fallacy as well...

the argument is an inductive argument based on causal reasoning.
looks like the problem lies not with the sample, but with (1)the control group (people who didn't practice positive thinking) and (2) with establishing the inference to the best explantion (that causation is the best explanation for the supposed correlation found in the sample group.

...my experience with postive thinking. every year honi soit (the sydney uni newspaper) gives away two tickets to the film festival. one year, i knew that i would win it. so i went to the drawing at the honi soit offices. just me and two editors. they give the barrel a spin and pick out an entry... and call out my name...i say "thank you" and put my hand out for the ticket. they look at each in disbelief and check the barrel to see if i've stuffed the thing with only my name.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 2:05pm

TBB recently I came across an article that showed an alzheimers brain and compared it with a healthy one. The alzheimers brain was collapsed in on itself, the structural support of - cholesterol - missing. Eggs away...
We are 80% water, but what of the other 20%? Dr Weston Price would say that part is serviced by 'fat soluble activators'. Buttermilk, oysters, eggs, whatever people could get their hands on.
Positive thinking. Measured success and reasonable expectation that it can be carried forward into the future is worth following with conviction.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 4:53pm

People on statins for high cholesterol have early onset Alzheimer's at a way higher rate than the general pop

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 5:34pm

Actually inzider existing data suggest that, if anything, statins reduce the risk of Alzheimer's. If you disagree please link to your sources.

indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 5:45pm

I agree positive thinking is a more powerful thing than many give credit (without getting all new age)

But I'm baffled that Crypto Knight considers himself a positive thinker?

Although he has been more well behaved of late and i actually liked his story about a page back where he ate lots of eggs, to me he generally comes across as extremely negative and seems to go to quite some effort to be negative, which can't be good or healthy for body or mind.

Ada gula, ada semut!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 6:55pm

.......he's only negative about the rest of us indo.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Thursday, 17 May 2018 at 11:30pm

Mmmm. I like it!! I've bonded the swillnuts!! Again!! In a nutshell!!!?

Sometimes the truth hurts. Love hurts.

Say I walk into the gym, and I see the world's worst deadlift about to go down, along with the practitioner. And that's not uncommon. I literally carried one, a local surfer, out to his car in agony only weeks ago, after having warned him and his clueless side kicks many times, what the inevitable was, if they didn't change what they were doing. The easy thing would be to not say a thing. Most do, in my experience. The popular thing would be to join in the clueless, useless squwarking. In a nutshell. So inevitable, off work, no income, no surfing, fucked. Then, pleading with me to rehab him. I have the experience, results, and extensive non injury client record to be 100% sure of what I say, in that scenario. The truth is, I am obliged to, if I care remotely about the Truth, and respect that person. Some listen, some don't, but I have done my part.

Athletes have way less ego than the general public. They love finding out what needs correcting, they hire coaches to point out any deviance from correct procedures, and quickly address them. The public know shit. Lots of shit. They stomp up and down, injuries inflaming, weaknesses exhausting them. They even rise up in their high chairs bleating way too hard!!! Some to the grave, some overcome the ego, surrender it, and presto, results!!! A miracle!!! Another reference!!! Swillnuts hate the stinkin', foul, evil truth in that, in a nutshell.

If I don't have proven expertise or experience in a subject, I won't offer comments, or advice. I sat in the ocean many, many times with a legend who ruled on his MR twinnies, in slabs of major consequence. All who saw him then marveled at his performance. Prominent board makers offered him sponsorships. He was so careful, so particular, so fanatical about his equipment. You had to be in those waves. So, in his prime, when he went his hardest, he meticulously chose the MR twinnie. Richo won that tube riding comp. On his twinnie, 'the best board ever in the barrel.' Against all the stars on their 'modern' thrusters. He saw his twinnie as a major advantage. MR, the legendary shaper, designer, and surfer stated that twinnies work best in heavy, hollow waves. Windang legend, John Batcheldor RIP, blew the locals away at big, raw pipe (Hawaii), on his little twinnie. The locals praised him in the highest light. There were sick photos too. Some hate the truth of that with a stinkin', foul, squwarkin' vengeance. Some are just plain ignorant.

So they sqwark with authority how shit twinnies are in the barrel and grunt. Never wondering what it was, that produced the reslult. Trite 'luck' they reckon. Just like the eggs scenario, never opening their mind, beyond their ego. The Truth, its part of the deal. Way more important than 'positive' thinking. Its the foundation. The Source. The enabler. The unchanging characteristic of That.

Anyone who trades or has traded stock markets etc, for a living, as their sole source of income, knows when some one is dribbling about it. The advice will be the same, as it is crucial to any trade. Both the profit and loss trades. Because there are both. Its part of successful trading. Handling both scenarios successfully, is integral to successful trading for a living. Capital management, the foundational skill. It dictates position size, it defines the exact loss limit, it protects and maximizes profit. It ensures the ability to be able to always trade when the sought, identified situation arises. And draw a wage. And satisfy the taxman. Next comes understanding price action, the representation of buying and selling participants behaviour, to find the most probable rewarding, least risky opportunities, and to define when to enter those opportunities. The rest is just add ons to the above. When you can do that extremely competently you can rejoice in leveraged instruments. You can sleep at night. You can be ruthlessly clinical much easier. Anyone saying otherwise is talking shit. I would be lying, negative and disrespectful to the Truth to say otherwise.

Some love their story to death, more than their Self, no matter what. Even when the crane is trying to hoist them out of the house. Even when the surgeon's saw is buzzing! Even when the Truth stares them in the face.

Its a Big Wednesday sentimental, comradery, swillnut club bonding scene, on Bigger Thursday!!! Its positively deluxe!!! In a nutshell!!!

Big Fursthday... justht annuvver sthtinky day in ver highchaiwr... wiv my stheekwet fwenths!!! Pweath wet me go hawrd... I pwomisth I wown't go too hawrd but!!!

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 12:43am

Yep. Luv hurts. If you hate the Truth.

I love surfing. Around 40 years ago, but a have a go at him, that ledge, on that little twinnie. Not a fuckin' 'trainin wheel' in sight!!!

That stinkin' foul, evil, mother fuckin' good for nuthin' twinnie... that in a nutshell, those official surfee officials hate with a positively stinkin' lousy vengeance!!?!>!

Somebody's gotta lift the elephants. Bring 'em into the room. I can lift 'em, got no injuries, no back braces, so here's another one. Positively deluxe!!!

Luv ya work Doc Tanzi and co... even if its old news!

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 5:15am

Depends which study you read blindboy
There is study for everyone's wanted answer.
Dr Purlmutter is my favourite celebrity doctor

indo-dreaming commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 7:58am

Yeah true Blindboy i guess it's about how a person perceives themselves, they could be constantly negative to others while believing totally in themselves and remaining focussed and positive on their on life, i guess it's a common thing really, putting others down to paint themselves in a better light, creating positive energy from giving out negative energy.

While for others we try to avoid this behaviour because it doesn't make us feel good (Occasionally we just have to call people out though, and not bite our tongues)

I guess thats why Uplifts stories are always about how he has shown others how great he is and how he proved them wrong and how others have no clue, he even has a name for us Swillnuts a way to seperate him from us, like the king and his peasants.

Anyway carry on, not here for a back and forth argument, just an observation.

Ada gula, ada semut!

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 9:44am

The older we get the better we were ay cryptolift

AaronS's picture
AaronS's picture
AaronS commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 1:15pm

“Athletes have way less ego than the general public”.

Luckily for the chair umpire it wasn’t Joe public.

“In a nutshell”. “If I don’t have proven expertise or experience in a subject, I won’t offer comments, or advice”.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 2:51pm

Yeh inzo, in a nutshell, what could top the famous swillnut club blax saga, the swillnut growing younger each year later, when surfing without actually surfing, because swillnuts won't surf because they don't want to charge too hard... all before the worlds worst wipeout, that could have been the worlds greatest wave, that caused the horrific injury, that the 'specialist' 'fixed' by putting the swillnut in a highchair?!!?

Actually, the 'intermediate' specialist indo trader saga is hard to top. Where the intermediate expert trader chucks his cash on a trade he doesn't even record or care about, then recommends who gives a fuck if I lose it all, might as well just lose the lot, because its a great story for the kids, and while I'm at it, fuck knows what trades I've done, before finally recommending, for that matter fuck the tax man too... in a nut shell.

However I've got faith in swillnut ArS to become the greatest swillnut of all. After bombing out last desperate effort, great dob swillnut ArS, but you booted another one for me. Again. I hope you aren't too swillnutty, or deeply upset by that tennis player's outburst after a stupid umpiring decision directly affects their career. And, exactly, as you point out in a nutshell swillnut ArS, 'Luckily for the chair umpire it wasn’t Joe public.'

Would you like some more reffies to read swillnut ArS, I got tons of em...

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 3:22pm

Hey crypto you stick to looking after Greggys hips love your work we need more animals euthanized by him at some point

Balls of fire

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight commented Friday, 18 May 2018 at 3:54pm

Haha, yeh, you're right! I gotta watch it, I'm a clean skin, what a magnificent canvas, Greggy's got plans!

I've bonded the swillnuts, they luv me, I'm out!

velocityjohnno's picture

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon commented Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 9:19am

Like Greg Hunt.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon commented Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 9:21am

I want the AFP on this tout suite!