Tunes

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012 at 6:47pm

Alright, time for some discussion on what yr all listening too. My iTunes inventory is getting a little stale so I'm up for some inspiration.

Currently loving The Drones' album "Havilah".. incredible songwriting and some of the best recorded guitars and drum I've heard in a long time. I'm a little late to the party with this album but it's on high rotation at the moment and will probably stay there a while. I've seen these guys live once (Fowlers, Adelaide) and fortunately they're incredible on stage too. Can't wait to see them again.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben commented Friday, 21 Apr 2017 at 9:50am

Adelaide crew! My band Diplomat is launching its new split LP (with Nebraska) tonight at the Jade Monkey. Four bands playing, will be a great night. Here's our noisy new stuff.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Friday, 28 Apr 2017 at 6:39pm

Cod Damned...but it's not every Pommy cartoonist that inspires a song. RIP Leo Baxendale

stunet commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 8:33am

Now THAT was music: Why do your music tastes get frozen over in your twenties

A consolatory article for old pricks. I cant totally get aboard the conclusion but the author makes the odd good point.

indo-dreaming commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 5:46pm

My musically taste are so stuck in my 20's I'm even going back and digging through that era for new bands or albums mostly on youtube.

I try to get into new music/bands but i often find there is aspects i like but always aspects i don't like.

Also now there is just to much to trawl through, back before the internet the only way to find out about good music was through a friend, from a surf or skate video or mag, rage, or just going to an indie record store and taking a punt, or from seeing a band, normally a support act.

Now it's way too easy to click on a band on the net and go yay or nay after 3 seconds.

indo-dreaming commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm

See what i mean

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell commented Sunday, 30 Apr 2017 at 9:36am

Got to agree with that Indo.

Off topic, Heres a fetstival called Fyre festival tickets were $1500
to $250 000 USD each. still going on but its like lord of the flies apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbsZxCgI44 for shits and giggles.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell commented Sunday, 30 Apr 2017 at 10:10am
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Tuesday, 2 May 2017 at 6:36pm

Yeehaw, things might get a tad raucous this Thursday night!

indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 6:12pm

R.I.P Chris :(

stunet commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 6:27pm

Was never into them but that's a hell of a surprise.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 6:37pm

Jeez. RIP

The guardian clearly aren't good at covering entertainment news either.

"His hard rock peers paid tribute, beginning with Jane’s Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Dave Navarro."

zenagain commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 7:05pm

No shit, the last song playing my car as I switched off and came into work was an Audioslave track.

RIP.

He was awesome live.

Ignorance is Zen

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 7:16pm
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 7:27pm

That article is written by Jessica Simpson, groundswell.

indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 7:56pm

@Groundswell Sadly by the looks off that website I'm putting my money on it that, the article is a hoax to gain page views or something.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Friday, 19 May 2017 at 3:58pm

Let's lighten the mood, gents

Helluva vid. Helluva website!

tubeshooter's picture