Tunes

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012 at 6:47pm

Alright, time for some discussion on what yr all listening too. My iTunes inventory is getting a little stale so I'm up for some inspiration.

Currently loving The Drones' album "Havilah".. incredible songwriting and some of the best recorded guitars and drum I've heard in a long time. I'm a little late to the party with this album but it's on high rotation at the moment and will probably stay there a while. I've seen these guys live once (Fowlers, Adelaide) and fortunately they're incredible on stage too. Can't wait to see them again.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben commented Friday, 21 Apr 2017 at 9:50am

Adelaide crew! My band Diplomat is launching its new split LP (with Nebraska) tonight at the Jade Monkey. Four bands playing, will be a great night. Here's our noisy new stuff.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Friday, 28 Apr 2017 at 6:39pm

Cod Damned...but it's not every Pommy cartoonist that inspires a song. RIP Leo Baxendale

stunet commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 8:33am

Now THAT was music: Why do your music tastes get frozen over in your twenties

A consolatory article for old pricks. I cant totally get aboard the conclusion but the author makes the odd good point.

indo-dreaming commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 5:46pm

My musically taste are so stuck in my 20's I'm even going back and digging through that era for new bands or albums mostly on youtube.

I try to get into new music/bands but i often find there is aspects i like but always aspects i don't like.

Also now there is just to much to trawl through, back before the internet the only way to find out about good music was through a friend, from a surf or skate video or mag, rage, or just going to an indie record store and taking a punt, or from seeing a band, normally a support act.

Now it's way too easy to click on a band on the net and go yay or nay after 3 seconds.

indo-dreaming commented Saturday, 29 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm