Trump

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 6:06pm
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 3:35pm

Problem gambing is a problem but it ain't just restricted to pokies. You would have to include AFL, NRL punting also plus others. Maybe Wilkies dollar limit is a start. Blaming clubs or pollies is a bit hard. It's a general social issue as are many addictions.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm

No worries bb, sarcasm just does not work alot of times in print.

you should think about getting your hips done, had a mate just done it, used a 3d printer to make a copy of the original, if you get him to talk about it, it's like asking a born again about god. Rehab is no worse than hobbling round,cept it gets better

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 3:51pm

Thanks crusst, surgery is still an option for sure and if things get worse I won't hesitate, but I was riding my 6'0" this morning and getting up normally so it is hard to justify at the moment. Other than surfing it has settled down to not much more than mild discomfort now and then. The physio has made a huge difference and, given neither my GP nor the specialist suggested it, I can only wonder how many people might avoid surgery if they were better informed.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:30pm

My old man's fake hip became his strong one after recovery finished

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:48pm

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:48pm

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:49pm

udo commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:40pm

Yesterdays wave of the day pic..theres 2 strong ones there...as new .

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 4:42pm

@stu, your comment about numbers of pokies in NSW. I've heard similar claims about AU as a whole but if that isn't scary enough I've also heard that we have the highest bet machines in the world by a country mile (current maximum bet is $10); many machines overseas are very low bet machines like 5 or 10 cent bets. So comparing over numbers of machines to other countries can never be an accurate comparison in terms of the harm potential.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 7:08pm

ive come full circle on pokies. these days i couldn't care less if people want to waste their pay on it. its everyones right to blow half a weeks wage on expensive machines if they care. but at the same time its also my right to demand that my tax dollar doesnt reach those same people in welfare. sure its keeping the economy going around but its the wrong element of the economy in my opinion. if folk want to engage that element then fine, but not off my money thanks.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 7:52pm

You talking about pensioners then, Happy Arse? The pokies favourite punter...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 7:58pm

" but at the same time its also my right to demand that my tax dollar doesnt reach those same people in welfare. sure its keeping the economy going around but its the wrong element of the economy in my opinion. if folk want to engage that element then fine, but not off my money thanks."

Happy, it's not "your right" at all.... If an old age pensioner wants to blow their pension on the pokies, then have to scrape through on baked beans for a fortnight, that's their choice, not yours.... I don't like it.. But it's not my choice.... It's theirs....
I'm amazed at people getting their knickers in a knot over the portion of their tax that goes to pensioners, disabled, unemployed, but are mute when it comes to billions on our war participation in Syria, or handouts to Billionaires like Rinehart, or the countless dollars burnt on "housing affordability" enquiries that btw recommended NOTHING, or helicopter trips, or pork barrelling.......
But I suppose pensioners are easy targets... And it makes you "feel superior", it empowers you, even if that feeling is fleeting... And it a damn sight easier taking pot shots at those on the ladder rung below you than those above..... Aye, champ.. ;)

Sheepdog

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 8:04pm

Happy, to the best of my knowledge, gambling/pokies are addictive in the same way that drugs are.
If pubs and clubs were making money out of people by getting them into addictive drugs, where would you stand then from a moral and ethical point of view?

Blowin commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 8:26pm

Andy - pretty sure that already goes on.

It's known as a liquor licence.

Sheepy - it's possible to have an opinion on two seperate issues at the same time.

I've heard some people can maintain a stance on many topics for a variety of different reasons !

Crazy, huh ?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 8:32pm

Blowin I stand corrected.
I was thinking about "heavy" drugs but it's really easy to argue that alcohol fits into that category.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 8:52pm

SD. i should have clarified. im not talking about pensioners. in my mind the significant majority of the elderly pensioners have earned it. they can do what they please, their working life and economic contribution has passed and its our job as the taxpayers to repay them for their contribution by helping them. if their vice is the pokies then thats fine. rather, im talking about unemployment welfare. that type of welfare is not "earned". it is there to keep a basic standard of living for people so that they can get their lives up and going again. throwing it down the mouth of a machine whilst downing 5 beers does not help that cause.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 8:54pm

Doggo, nailed it...the strine-whine of the down-ward envying, coward-puncher...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 9:16pm

TT. since im atrociously slow. you'll have to explain to me step by step how it is cowardly.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS commented Tuesday, 20 Dec 2016 at 9:45pm

andy. same same. but im not talking ethics. im talking those blowing unearned cash on booze or pot (all 5 middle aged neighbors of my olds at that game) living in govt housing while treating the community and neighbourhood like shit and laying about all day talking crap while getting stoned. every couple of years its a different bunch. but nothing changes.

indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 22 Dec 2016 at 6:16pm

Just came across them but love these guys video's, tells it like it is.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Thursday, 22 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm

And he's a friggin' Aussie (singular)? Jeez. "Telling it like it is!" Right....................

I reckon that tech-nerd mug would be hate-wanking the skin off his nubbin over that Seppo chick as we speak.

"Take that, leftie bitch...fark yeah"

"Todd, what are you doing down there?"

"Shit...nothing, mum...just...just playing [insert kid's game of your choice]"

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Thursday, 22 Dec 2016 at 7:11pm

Happy Arse, punch up...not down. Cheap shots are for scaredy-cats...and cops.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan commented Thursday, 22 Dec 2016 at 7:11pm

very funny indod

very very funny, that voice sounds like the guy usually bagging turnball, I thought he was a bit of a lefty, but clearly people are all over the shop these days.

watched his waleed video down the page also, very good interpretation. I like waleed but this guy sums him up beautifully re. manipulation and putting words in peoples mouths

should I know who that Lacey character is?

glad I don't

indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 22 Dec 2016 at 7:36pm

Yeah i watched the Waleed one also, i never use to mind Waleed and i use to hate Steve Price but since he has become the main man on the Panel his head is so up his arse and that's no easy feat and i actually like Steve now...not that i watch the Pannel very often.

I checked out the watched vids from that guy, which took me to this one, that was also pretty good.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd commented Friday, 30 Dec 2016 at 12:22pm

And so the noose tightens ..........

America gives 35 Russian diplomates 72 hours to leave the US and closes two Russian compounds ...... all because of their proven interference in the recent election.

Further, many Republicans are urging Obama's White House to take further action against Russia, which the White House is promising, all in defiance of the President-elect fucktard.

Oh the sweat irony of those Ruski hating Christian god loving dimwits voting just the way Putin wanted ... as they say only in America.

I'm still with BB, if he lasts the 4 years it will be a miracle.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey commented Wednesday, 11 Jan 2017 at 12:30pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley commented Wednesday, 11 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm

While I am aware of the formal steps required to remove a president its hard to see Donald Trump lasting the distance. If he does its probable that the senate and congress will block his excesses to the point where he becomes a, I think the term Americans use, lame duck president. Easy to see China and Russia taking advantage of the situation, or at least attempting it. What a mess America and perhaps the world is in.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal commented Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 2:51pm

Good breeds good, bad fuels bad

Go deeper Taylor, go deeper!

indo-dreaming commented Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm

We can all thank Trump U2 aren't putting out their new album because he was elected.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley commented Friday, 13 Jan 2017 at 8:37pm

I have found there is so much hate about on Trump's election mainly from his supporters. Its a really dark time.

Any, I like this post for two reasons; it shows how well Obama can body surf and Lou Reed's lyrics.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan commented Saturday, 14 Jan 2017 at 11:48pm

"When asked what he thought of “Western civilization,” Mohandas Gandhi is said to have replied that it sounded like a good idea. I think the same is true of “liberal internationalism,” "

"The trouble all along was that liberal internationalists overestimated the ease of turning a great power into a great defender of freedom—something that became even more difficult after the 9/11 attacks pushed the country back toward the kind of direct intervention it had rejected after the catastrophic war in Vietnam. It was difficult to “stay high” in the age of the War on Terror, and Obama ultimately failed to do so—unless raining security from the skies counts. And whether it came to constitutional, statutory, or international law, Obama’s lawyers always gave him a free hand to fight so long as he kept it humane—always a frightening legacy for future generations, but one that has become far scarier far more quickly than anyone imagined. Great power may not corrupt absolutely, but it rarely advances moral principle unerringly. And now Trump is in the cockpit of the American power liberal internationalists romanticized."

Anger guysmiley...there's quite a lot of anger around....hate is the wrong word....and besides...it's become too partisan anyway...

https:
//www
.dissentmagazine.org/article/left-foreign-policy-beyond-liberal-internationalism